"Rate-My-Plot" Thread

The princess has been kidnapped! are you a bad enough dude to find her and bring her back?

However, unbeknownst to the public (and of course, the players), she's cursed with fire powers (due to her father being cursed by the witch-king, the last ruler of the land, when he slew him in his rebellion) with which she accidentally killed her sister and mother when she was just a little girl

She was then brought to a distant tower and guarded day and night, for her "protection" (more like the king couldn't bring himself to kill her, but hated her guts for killing the rest of the family).

She was freed from her prison many years later by a wandering wizard apprentice, and now together they will try to raise support from the witch tribes which aren't too happy about the current monarch and take the crown.

Will the PCs find out the truth? Who will they side with?

>witch tribes which aren't too happy about the current monarch
What are their grievances? Do they have foreign support?

Sounds like frozen with fire.

I know it's actually pretty different, but thats what stands out.

Literally a mix of Frozen and Tangled.

Setting up a one shot for my group. They are part of a mercenary band who's seeking to become a legitimate army. Their leader is marrying royalty but won't take the crown until he gets his houses ancestorial weapon back.

Going to travel far west to a mountain range to find his families castle destoryed and a tribe of giants living there that worship the weapon.

The weapon is the former God of wars spear and when they touch it they'll be teleported into a 4 demsional prison with a lich imprisoned in it. The lich can't leave because that would require magic and whenever a necromancy spell is cast stone golem sentries flood the place and gank his shit.

I have a few ideas on how they can get out, going to see how the players deal with it before making the decision.

>Frozen
>Only she roasted her sister

>Will the PCs find out the truth?
Probably
>Who will they side with?
Whoever pays best

The witch-king and his minions used rituals to summon a fuckload of demons (this one left a fuckhuge rift that spans like one fourth of the kingdom), rain fire from the sky, and in general turn the tide of battles. As a result the new king has been keeping a close eye on magic and witches, and generally limited its practice.

The tribes are very very very old, and it goes without saying that they didn't like this one bit. They haven't already rebelled because their power is roughly equal to that of the king's army, and the losses just may be to heavy to bear. But maybe with a strong leader at the head of a coalition of the tribes they would rise against the monarchy.

Exactly what I was going for. I was reading the manual to Lamentations of the Flame Princess and I went "wait, what if...?"

Sounds disjointed and bereft of common storytelling logic, so basically you've made a standard module.

It sounds interesting but it feels like we're missing a lot of information here.
>Who destroyed the castle?
>Why is the weapon there?
>What's with the lich? And why are they teleported there when they touch the weapon?

There is a lot if information I left out, we've been playing this game off and on for two months and they are only at level 3. They've been wanting a higher level game hence the purpose of this one shot, it's set in the same world, they are part of the same mercenaries band, just higher up the command chain.

Long story short the leader of the merc bands family was prounced royalty of the west after uniting the tribes of humans against the giants that pillaged their lands. They were avid believes of the chaotic neutral God of war and after their stronghold was built (castle was the wrong word) there was peace in the West, something new to the people there. They started to hire out their standing army to other kingdoms because they were still warlike people. The king left his brother in charge while he left to have some fun fighting and after a while the brother saw this leave in his region as a bad thing so prayed to their God to throw some chaos at them. The god answer kindly by throwing his spear and destroying the stronghold, ruining the cohesion of the region and the tribes started to war with each other to see who would rule. There's more but I'm at work.

So with the tribes fractured and at war it was easy shit for the lich to come through and take over. Why a lich? They group mentioned they wanted to fight more undead SK why not throw the big one at them. It tried to use the war gods spear to slip into the gods realm and make war on it with his fresh undead army of giants and humans, but the god was dead so it's realm was pretty much purgatory which I'm representing as the 4 demonsional prison. The stone golems that litter the place are left over sentries from before the god died and necromancy was it's bane, so they grind down who ever cast a spell under that school. With the lich stuck in this prison for God knows how long and the golems culling his undead army he was eventually the only thing left alive? In that dimension. Unable to get back to the portal he made it was left open so whoever touches the weapon gets sucked in with him. Giants remember this point in time and what the spear did so they struck up a village around it and started worshipping it.

You - along with four other cunts - are trying to forget your past by joining a trading company. Why ? Don't ask me, you're the one who made this choice.

Now, because of that choice, you're stuck in a war-torn country, with his people descending into madness and melancholy everyday. This is Thirty Years' War level of chaos, with factions and mercenary bands fucking shit up everywhere, and lone-wolf desperado-like figures roaming the land like they're the knights of a time long past.

You could go back to your shitty life, but a man just made you an offer you and your group just can't refuse ; go to the capital-city, kill a courier, bring back the package. Do it and be able to start again, clear your past and begin anew, with the wealth necessary to do so.

Now don't forget, you can always go back. Take a fishermen's boat and fuck off for all I care, go back to your shitty life, but what this man is offering you is worth checking out, isn't it ?

Take your gun and happy hunting.

Sound like what I wanted from a fall out game

Now, is this something players can be interested in and immerse themself in ?

I give my players a lot of freedom and I feel that this plot is forcing something on them ; at the same time, this isn't anything special, it's basically a remix of New Vegas plot but on the Benny side, and with a shit ton more factions. Can such a plot - a plot like Fallout NV - translate well into a RPG where players have more freedom and are encouraged to roleplay with their ideas ?

Am I not asking for chaos ?

Well you basically got it ; it's a Fallout-like plot, but on a 19th century / WW1 totally-not-Canada-Or-Alaska setting, with a bunch of mystic shit and strange technologies.

You're bad at telling stories, I felt like I was reading a fifth graders fanfic. But it seems interesting enough. Good job giving the players what they want by the way.

How do you think they'll get out of the prison?

War gods holy number was 6 so I'll be running it like the cube, denominations of 6 to go the right way.

Bump

Players are hired mercenaries sent to kill a red dragon which scouts have located it's nest deep in the north.

Along the some 660 mile (or 28-day) journey the PCs will come across a village with a werewolf epidemic, a caravan being attacked by bandits. They have a (rather large) chance of getting lost in the deep forest meeting pixies that need pest extermination and lead them out of the forest as a reward.
After reaching the north they will be attacked by sabertooths, a frost giant or two, and harpies. Finally reaching their destination, they are greeted by a dormant volcano in which an adult red dragon resides.

My players are murderhobos, so yes, I purposely made a 90% combat campaign.

What did the dragon do to deserve to die?

Make sure that their clothes become more bloodied and ruined, and reality is progressively distorted as they go, making them wonder if the red dragon is really the cause of evil, or if it was themselves all along.

At the end of every session ask "Do you feel like a hero yet?"

It's been raiding towns and castles alike. The king nor his general can send an army or other mercenaries because most everyone is fighting the war in the south or guarding nearby towns from another attack.

Setting is a high-magic, low-consistency world where spirals of land arc through space, light comes from nowhere, and pretty much anything can happen. At the center's there's a giant temple with rooms for every god.

Players all go to the center of the world for a religious festival where the gods all enter their tables and talk to their followers. While there they come across a strange orb. Their travels to find out what the hell it is leads to them murdering several drow.

They left the tendril for a bit and came back to find their mentor/quest giver dead, and shitloads of freakish, hastily-created drow/dragon things everywhere. They're currently trying to find an unguarded entrance to the temple so they can avoid being murdered.

There, they'll find out that the religious festival is actually just a front for the two creator gods to give a performance evaluation to the deities. They'll also find out that the two creator gods sometimes fail to show up, if they are especially disappointed in the performance of their lackeys. This makes the gods are vulnerable and able to be killed by ancient artifacts, one of which the partyhas inadvertently came into possession of. Correllon wants them to use it to kill Lolth, and they should presumably argue on what to do with it.

At the meeting a third creator deity shows up. He tells the council that the other two betrayed him long ago, and they were absent at meeting whenever he tried to make an escape attempt. Now that they're dead, #3 wants to restructure the world a bit, and decides it would be best if he cuts the number of deities in half, to make them more manageable. He then gives the gods 6 months to "impress him", while also severely reducing their power levels so they can't cheat.

Seems fucking awesome. Would play.

Pcs are each one of nine apprentices to a powerful and evil wizard, though they aren't all wizards themselves. The wizard has decided that just killing off the extras is boring so he split them into teams and is having them complete challenges against each other. The winning team gets to live

I do that to my players after each session. I enjoy their moments of reflection

And fuck you, I said i was busy at work. But I shouldn't have posted if I didn't have time to explain it right.

>humans tried what humans always try: take more and more land for themselves
>elves said fuck that shit. Magic nuke one city after the other
>general genocide the humans
>players are on a some kind of trail of tears
>two player character died so far (Diarrhea and elvish arrow)
>humans find a nice spot
>little they know they are in the land of mongol-goblin-wulfrider

I have a few oneshots that I may try to link together later.

An ancient Warforged awakens and believes the war between the surface world and the gnomeish kingdoms (now destroyed) are still ongoing. He gathers tribes of kobolds, shaping them into warfighter and engaging in a guerilla war with the surface world.

The cult of a wolf deity most major circles of the human empire in an attempt to return their goddess to her physical form through mass sacrifice.

A small town has been plagued by misfortune (sickness, famine, livestock dying) caused by a Revenant haunting the town and trying to kill off the duke's family. In life the Revenant was a just man who was wrongfully executed along with his family by the duke's ancestor.

Well, the princess could become pretty waifu and that's always the strongest draw

IF YOU'RE ONE OF MY PLAYERS STOP READING

There's a further twist too—#3 actually just wants to destroy the world, and figures his six-month contest should get him halfway there.

not sure if I'm still going to do that, but that was the original idea.

I dig the warforge idea. Not a fan of kolbolds though

Your story kinda reminds me of pic related. Mostly just because 'fire curse'.

Maybe I'll post a campaign idea I have had when I get back home.

A goddess of light has been trapped by the gods of pain, suffering and death in an attempt to overtake the current homebrew world. the party must unshackle the deity and help her banish the evil gods back to their planes before the damage can't be undone (they effectively kill her). Throughout the campaign, townsfolk and city-dwellers will become unruly, and then abusively angry towards the party, eventually outwardly attacking them and hunting them down (happens commonly as the campaign nears it's end). the evil deities appoint a fearsome and terrible dragon king to command different "empowered" underlings to protect the keys that lock her away. the dragon king has over-powered stats when he is introduced, but destroying the underlings weakens the dragon, but they don't have to kill the underlings if they can get the keys without it. If the players unshackle the goddess before fighting the dragon, they'll be given a feat that makes the fight easier for them, if they don't unshackle her before fighting the dragon, she will attempt to break the shackles and fight the evil gods off while the player's battle ensues. winning the fight against the dragon yields xp, treasure of various types, and the adoration of everyone in the land, including the goddess they saved.

I don't think "Frozen with fire" is something that's going to appeal to a lot of players. Once they catch on to the theme, it's going to devolve into "let it go" jokes and magical realmers who want to stick it in Elsa's pooper.

A gang war destabilizes the balance of power among supernatural beings in the region. The building threat of a war-minded incarnation of Winter looms over the city. A child-slaying cult operates in secret, having made this town their new home. The diminutive tribes of spirits in the forest squabble bitterly, throwing off nature. Beyond the Western Door, an army of Iroquois Demons builds power.

All of these things are related, and will tie in together over the course of the campaign.

To be fair, most of us want to stick it in Elsa's pooper.

This sounds fucking awesome....

A CE goddess known as the third oldest deity in the known universe, formerly CN goddess of magic, now of Evil and Chaos, has been trying to get all of these whippersnappers off of her lawn (that is, get basically all non-native races and 80% of the gods off of the Material Plane) for the last 5000 years, and she's getting pretty fucking tired of being foiled.
So she manipulated a ton of eugenics into place to produce a perfect half-drow vessel, hired a Red Dragonborn Warlock and his student the Half-Red Dragon Sorceror to train said vessel and build her an international criminal empire in exchange for power, and has basically been setting up her master plan to top all of her master plans for the last forever or so.
It involves changing the future to a future that could have been and retroactively changing the past in that way, kicking pretty much everyone she doesn't like out of the universe and into the chaos between realms. Would you like your reality-breaking paradox with fries and a drink?