Stat this weapon for your favorite system

What would the stats be for the Kirkhammer in your favorite setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YeSoLQvdJjU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Unusable/10

Regular longsword stats, with a decent-sized damage boost but an accuracy penalty when in hammer form (because you can't convince me that that wouldn't be unwieldy as fuck)

Swing TN 15
Thrust TN 20
DTN 20
Swing DR +4 (Bludgeoning)
Thrust DR +2 (Bludgeoning)
AP1 and Shock 1 on swings

Proficiency: Mass Weapon and Shield

Wait, how does that thing work?

The hammer is the sheath and the sword just acts as the extra length of the shaft.

If that blows your immersion then I suppose I couldn't sell you on a staff that turns into a buzzsaw wheel on a stick.

The sword locks in somehow (I think you twist it) and functions as the handle for the hammer part.

Or the sword that turns into a bow.

Or arm mounted pneumatic spike.

>all that mass at the very end
>handle requires hands to be close together
No way you would be able to swing that motherfucker without hurting yourself. If you could choke up and swing it like a regular hammer it would be fine, but the hilt is going to fuck your hand motion hard.

Yeah, Bloodborne's weapons are neat-looking but impractical as hell for the most part.

Oh alright, that explains it pretty well. Was mostly confounded how the "hammer-sheath" could possibly remain attached to the sword, but i soppose that has some sense to it. Implausible, but i'd work with it for sure.

Vid of it being used in game
youtube.com/watch?v=YeSoLQvdJjU

Or a fucking cannon.

Or the still living arm of a eldritch abomination

What are you talking about? BB's weapons are practical for what they have to deal with which is Lovecraftian werewolves and other such monsters.

The system I'm most familiar with is pathfinder and this reminds me of a concept I came up with before: certain weapons grant feats. Bloodborne weapons just grant different feats as they transform.

But how the hell does the sword stay in there? I'm fine with it if the explanation is just "magic"

It locks if you twist it to the side. You can see that the handle is a few degrees off if you check the image.

Complex egineering and special metals that can withstand the stresses of acting as a fulcrum for a fuck huge hammer

plus

Since none of them are magical nor have power fields or whatever, I have to go for:

Choose profile at the start each assault phase.
S:user AP-
Or
S:+1 AP- unwieldy, concussive

Rather shitty weapon.

But it also does Righteous damage

That's the entire point. They're used by people who are superhuman against things that are superhuman at best and eldritch horrors the rest of the time. There's also prestige and an attitude of "difficulty to use = badassness of user" among hunters.

Plus the entire point of the kirkhammer is to be symbolic

Didn't Man at Arms build the foldable cleaver thing with their main problem being that it was heavy as all fuck, not that it didn't work?

>Since none of them are magical

Stop right there.

They each have slots for bloodgems which enhance them with magical properties. Also, I'm pretty sure there's some holy scripture on the hammer part.

Hammer does do Righteous(Holy) damage as well. This only works on Cainhurst people but still

We never saw the locking mechanism in action IIRC. I think they probably made it too fiddly and it would not hold up in practice because of the weight of the thing (which they overshot by a lot I think, I would have preferred a smaller but working type).

Are you sure you don't mean the wheel? I know the saw cleaver does bonus damage to beast but I didn't think the hammer was specific to cainhurst peeps.

All church weapons plus the cane do extra damage against cainhurst

Wheel, Kirkhammer, and I think Ludwig's all deal extra Righteous damage to the enemies in Cainhurst. All serrated weapons (saws, pizza cutter, i think the cane as a whip?) deal extra damage to beasts.

I probably missed some weapons.

Cane is actually unique in that it has both righteous and serrated

Makes sense, and also sense it's been brought up I wish there were more faction specific weapons or, at the very least, the vilebloods had more weapons from their ranks.

I didn't know that, interesting. Makes sense since it was a church weapon though.

Do Bloodlickers take extra damage from both serrated and righteous weapons?

Vilebloods got four weapons that's a pretty good number
I'm pretty sure but it has been a long time since I experimented with them

But powder kegs had all the good stuff

>and an attitude of "difficulty to use = badassness of user"
The powder keg hunters were looked down on iirc and their coolest weapon is also by far the worst one in the game.

What would be the stats for the US navies railgun in your favorite setting?

>spams charged r2
never uses the follow-up r2
Weak.

Powder Kegs were not just looked down upon they were considered heretics

>Since none of them are magical
The Kirkhammer has a holy damage modifier.

I bet you're all kinds of fun when it comes to fantasy settings.

50 peasants

Wheel and Ludwig's deal righteous in both forms. Cane does righteous in sword form, as does Kirkhammer. Righteous damage deals extra against Cainhurst enemies.
Saw and Pick deal serrated in both forms. Cleaver does serrated in short form, and Cane does serrated in whip form. Serrated deals extra damage to the werewolf motherfuckers and a bunch of bosses.

5 Castle Walls of damage.

Peasant railgun. Look it up.

>okay everyone just stand in a straight line so we can use this weapon
Ineffective in a war setting, but probably OP as a siege/counter-siege weapon. Imagine either side having this shit at Minas Tirith.

>no blood/10
>no guiding moonlight/10
>no ayyy/10
>no pimpcane/10

>no ayy/10

Which one? The noodle arm on a drum stick or Great Milf One's parasite?

Ayy is always cauliflower.

I thought it was broccoli.

Broccoli is a big burly man with gold hair.

Burial Blade and Blade's of Mercy are arguably magical. They're made of space metal, scale in Arcane by default and can't have fire or bolt paper used on them

Well you still need the Kos parasite to go full cauliflower though.

Broccli is a stuttering mess of a man who's always sick with something and is afraid to use the teleporter.

They supposably stay sharp no matter what you do to them too.

>1d8 slashing versatile (1d10)
>1d8 bludgeoning versatile (1d10)
Easy

Counts as poorly made Improvised Weapon
HUGE penalty to hit
Only average improvised damage, due to lack of a shaped head

Why do people keep posting weapons with NO effort done to make a good striking surface and then asking what the stats should be?

I don't care if its a special material, you could make the fucking special material having a focused head for striking too!

>and is afraid to use the teleporter
He's right to be, too.

The hammerhead isn't even a special material it's just stone. The kirkhammer was meant to be a symbolic weapon while Ludwigs holy blade was for actual hunting

Hey, I never said they were BAD, just that they'd be difficult to use effectively. I'd have no issue whatsoever with including trick weapons in a fantasy campaign (hell, some of 'em would even work in 40k)

This thing isn't for piercing armor, it's for bludgeoning huge beasts to death with a minimum of spilled blood, which eventually causes hunters a psychosis known as blood drunkenness.

That's fine then.

Yeah, improvised weapon sounds good, a la swinging a table or a chair.

Cheer up

>Oh is this some cool-ass weapon where you say the command words and it turns in to a gritty maul?

>Oh no, it's a scabbard

Not nearly as cool as I first thought.

>No striking surface
>No shaped head

It's basically a maul.

I suppose there is also the fact that you are killed and your copy carries on doing whatever you were suppose to do

Mr. Killjoy here everyone.

>This thing isn't for piercing armor,

I know, but if you want to use it for anything whatsoever than being a paperweight you still want to focus the impact onto a smaller area.

>it's for bludgeoning huge beasts to death

SPREADING THE IMPACT OVER A LARGER AREA means you are merely reducing the damage. The whole point of a "bulletproof vest" is that it spreads the ultrathin impact of a bullet across as wide an area as possible.

Especially trying to fight "huge beasts" (where you're already at a massive disadvantage) using a weapon with a huge impact area (which further reduces the damage) is stupid as hell.

I assume the warriors have some sort of super power, right? Yet, who the fuck cares? Anything with a smaller head would work better. Just use a metal-shod quarterstaff if spilling blood is so awful. Yes, being super-strong can ameliorate the disadvantages of using a retard's weapon, but if you can survive using a weapon designed for rule of stupid, you can survive ten times as well using a weapon that mildly takes the rules of physics into account.

>with a minimum of spilled blood

If spilling blood is awful, use a quarterstaff or something and jab them in the brain.

And before someone goes "lol autism" or so forth, the whole purpose of the thread is to analyze *the weapon* and stat it.

So, best case scenario: improvised blunt weapon.

The whole point of the thread was to subject the weapon to critique, actually. Read the thread.

I get good cheer from ragging on weapons with terrible striking surfaces, because the topic reminds me of mutilating gobbos in Dwarf Fortress.

Never liked the Kirkhammer.

Stat me the BEAST CUTTER.

I'd like to add that hammer in game is rarely more useful than just using the sword inside of it, in some cases it is actually much worse. So this user has a point

Look up the Amygdalan Arm, Kos Parasite, Holy Moonlight Blade, Beast Claw, Logarius Wheel, and Bloodletter.

Heretic
hammer is best weaponfu

The charge R2 follow-up is amazing for PVP thought.

The Sword isn't symbolic, therefore it's objectively worse even if it's objectively better

Learn your hunting.

Like a lightsaber; awesome, but you're about as likely to cut your dick off as you are to hurt the guy you're fighting.

A metal-shod quarterstaff doesn't have nearly as much mass behind it. The whole point behind the Kirkhammer is "massive good, blood bad."

My guiding moonlight!

We're talking semi-undead beasts larger than elephants. If you came at it with a realistically sized hammer, it would be like attacking a human with a letter opener.

That said, the entire setting is entirely unrealistic. Common weapons include serrated sawblades, guns that shoot Mercury, and a cane that's also an elastic metal whip.

Less common are a giant buzzsaw on a stick, living arms of ancient evils, and katana that you stab yourself with to light on fire.

Only if you are a normie shit instead of someone hopped up on blood.

>you can survive ten times as well using a weapon that mildly takes the rules of physics into account.

But user most of the bosses are eldritch monsters whose powers cancel the laws of physics. In fact, bloodborne has a stat called insight - basically the more insane you are the more powerful you hit things.

But I'm not some pussy ass church hunter I want my weapons to look awesome while still being dead killy

Best boss in the entire soulsborne series

Since you can refill Quicksilver by drawing blood from yourself I don't think it's just mercury.

>basically the more insane you are the more powerful you hit things.

But that's wrong

You use quicksilver bullets infused with your own blood, but in a pinch you can just use bullets made entirely out of blood.

Since DeS and BB were the best Miyazaki games I look forward to the next two games he's contractually obligated to direct for Sony.

True, it's supposed to be quicksilver cut with blood. That's why the blood drawn stuff doesn't carry over. You're just diluting your reserves to make it last longer.

The bullets aren't for hurting people though, they're for staggering somehow.

the bullets are infused with your own blood, then you use pure blood bullets as a last resort

Your body is filled with mercury from taking all that blood

He's said pretty explicitly he's currently working on a new IP. So we have to look forward to.

Tell that to that fucker in the church with the katana.

>A metal-shod quarterstaff doesn't have nearly as much mass behind it.

Hm? It has as much mass as the weaponsmith wants, and you can always increase the amount of mass desired. The important element is that its focusing the mass on a single impact point.

Remember, *anything* is better than purposefully widening the head for the randumbz. All you're doing is reducing the amount of damage dealt. Think of something like OP's design as a weapon that gives the enemy needless amounts of free armor. If you're a super duper fancy demigod, yes, you can use it and be effective. Guess what you could do just as well? Use a non-retarded design.

>The whole point behind the Kirkhammer is "massive good,

So make a weapon that focuses the mass in a useful direction. A quarterstaff can be built for *any level of strength imaginable*.

And again I'll point out, the purpose of the thread was to *stat and analyze the weapon.*

Ah yes Crowsteel the headghog a fight more difficult than most bosses

Crowsteel? He's supposed to be the toughest living Hunter besides yourself, so it's a little forgive able.

Alright, but tell me how your precious quarterstaff will deal with this.

>We're talking semi-undead beasts larger than elephants.

Literally all the more reason to use a smart weapon design than a stupid weapon design. Why would you prefer a weapon that will *weaken your hits*, against enemies already larger than you? You'd want every advantage possible, instead of designing weapons that will purposefully make you weaker.

>If you came at it with a realistically sized hammer, it would be like attacking a human with a letter opener.

On the contrary, against a foe bigger and tougher than you, you absolutely need a weapon that will focus your force onto a smaller area.

And a letter opener is relatively close to the weapon you want to kill armored humans with (an armpit shank).

>But user most of the bosses are eldritch monsters whose powers cancel the laws of physics.

Evidently they still apply if winning involves applying kinetic force via leverage.

Exactly the same way the goofy rock rectangle weapon will do it (by caving in its skull or shattering its joints), only VASTLY more efficiently.

If you are facing enemies stronger than you, you want to use weapon designs that strengthen your hits, instead of weakening them

No, the idea is that a human being is basically incapable of hurting it with any conventional weapon because they're just not strong enough. They have to leverage the weight of the hammer to actually hurt the thing, because they on their own can't produce enough force.

>In fact, bloodborne has a stat called insight - basically the more insane you are the more powerful you hit things.

You could not be more wrong, I have no idea where you got this information

Yeah, having more insight actually makes the game harder. Though it also reveals secrets.

Conventional weapons work because they're better. If a human being cannot defeat them by using their swings to inflict more focused hits, then a weapon that will weaken their attacks isn't going to help.

>because they on their own can't produce enough force.

Exactly why they should use weapons that work instead of ones that don't.

When you're outmatched, you don't use weapons that soften your blows, you use weapons that strengthen and focus them. The bigger and stronger the enemy, the more you need to leverage the limited resources you do have.