How does this affect your setting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GBkT19uH2RQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7kd8-L42BCU
newscientist.com/article/dn26639-the-smart-mouse-with-the-half-human-brain/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Everyone wants to kill them more

They go on to form a country called Isreal.

Are they all Jewish?
If so, gas them.

>Not Cheesreal

u cheeky cunt

youtube.com/watch?v=GBkT19uH2RQ

rodents learn to shitpost on Veeky Forums and all their productive energy is safely siphoned away from doomsday devices to shitposting with threads like this one.

/thread

They begin investing heavily into the life extension research already being performed on their species to help facilitate their new found intelligence. Their birth rate may go down as they focus their efforts more towards taking advantage of their new found intelligence.

Then finally they will ascend and become cosmic brokers of various planet parts and accessories.

But Brain couldn't do it. Pinky did

In Mutant: Undergångens Arvtagare (Inheritors to the Apocalypse), there are four classes available to players: Non-mutated humans, physical mutants, mental mutants and robots. Physical and mental mutants are further divided into mutated humans and mutated animals. In the setting, non-mutated humans are at the top of society, (the Imperial family and almost all nobility in the default country belong to that class).

If rodents gain genius-level intelligence, "the mutant question" would take another turn, whereby rodents probably start campaigning for more power within the public and private spheres, or simply form a new country somewhere where the Emperor's soldiers can't reach. It could actually be quite an interesting event in this world: one type of animal goes into mass exodus.

Sweet idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=7kd8-L42BCU
This happens.

It seems every year scientists are doing increasingly suspicion shit.
>newscientist.com/article/dn26639-the-smart-mouse-with-the-half-human-brain/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_B._Calhoun#Mouse_experiments
>the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH)

It doesn't, I forgot to add them when worldbuilding. I mean I might add them later on, but I doubt I will remember.

Huh, I always thought rodents were just there in every setting.

They went extinct, just like about every other animal, few centuries ago. And biojobs already have human intelligence, so why bother?

I ended up adding a lot of creatures, including small lizards that are related to dragons, that are warm blooded and basically fill the niche that rats do. Though I am sure there is still plenty of room to put rodents in, I forgot to when I was filling spaces they would belong in. Honestly though I haven't gotten a chance to use the setting yet due to my irregular schedule.

If you have rats on your spaceship something went very, very wrong.

Or it's part of some sort of wacky flying ecosystem

Okay. They still have the personality of a rat, the inability to speak, and all the collected knowledge from six months of life experience in a experimental laboratory. They become pets and a select few who end up studying for two solid years can sorta communicate with a human before their 2-year long lifespan kills them.

>before their 2-year long lifespan kills them
It's usually 3 years for white rats, 3-4 for ones without destroyed immune systems.

2 years for brown rats and 12 months for black rats.

We will finally have the Question to the Answer to Life the Universe and Everything

Hamtaro up in this bitch

Guinea pigs develop mass culture so that all lonely cavias can have a waifu leading to drastic reduction in depression and deaths caused by it.

I had one that made it to 5, the old geezer.

>Rodents have gain genius level intelligence
>How does this affect your setting?

Change?
It's a main character in my campaign.

Love the comic

But user, Jews already exist

It doesn't, because there are already examples of every non-unique animal with genius-level intelligence, and rats in particular have a flourishing hidden society in Dreed (with colonies in most nations, thanks to sneaking aboard ships)

That reminds me of this article:
newscientist.com/article/dn26639-the-smart-mouse-with-the-half-human-brain/

Well they don't have thumbs and live about 2-3 years so we'll probably survive.

Oh my bad. Someone already posted it. It's pretty cool stuff.

Nothing, thats the norm.

Where's Dreed? Google gives nothing.

Uresia: Grave of Heaven.

You give your zailors shore leave on the Veeky Forums board. They come back with far worse nightmares.

Terror is increasing (new total: 60)
You have lost 10x Echoes (new total: 0)

You forgot

Tales of Terror! x 5