Arms and Armour

Finally got a new power supply for my comp. Time to dump some imprisoned pics

Other urls found in this thread:

armstreet.com/store/armor/helmet-king-of-the-east
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is that for? Tracking kills?

No. Chinese tax collector's sword. They are the only culture I can think of that makes beaurocrats heros.

>No. Chinese tax collector's sword. They are the only culture I can think of that makes beaurocrats heros.

That's fucking awesome.

Could I some Falchions, mechetes, or other hacking style melee weapons?

Im not joking either.

So it is said, so it is done. Any particular culture or time?

>or other hacking style melee weapons?

That's in how you use it, not the sword itself. And if you sue it the same way all the time, you're not going to do well.

What's that? Google search gives no awnser.

There are distinct functional differences between between an arming sword and a falchion, user.

A modern SCA sports combat helmet based on various middle eastern helmets

What is this, equipment for myrmidons?

>There are distinct functional differences between between an arming sword and a falchion, user.

If anything, you'll be better off hacking with the arming sword. It's more likely to have the size and mass for such. But in the end, stech, hau or schnitt is about what opportunities you get.

The first is an Indian madu: A parrying/thrusting weapon combo of short spear and buckler.

The second is a 16thC brigandine in the shape of a doublet and burgeonet in the style of unarmoured. Negroli's work I believe.

You've obviously never actually handled either weapon. Its about distribution of mass and balance. Your typical side or arming sword is a jack of all trades that can cut, slash and thrust, but is in general never going to be as good as a specialized sword in any of those specific areas.

Its the reason we prefer falchions and cleavers for melee in ACL/IMCL: The mass is more effective against armour, as we can't thrust. For scored point 1v1, arming swords are prefered for the lighter weight.

>on various middle eastern helmets

Shit. It's supposed to be from a specific culture or era at least? Or it's just full LARPing?

Forgot my trip

Its a combo of two or three 16thC Persian helms, with the specific pieced chosen for safety in steel and baton sports combat, with the doubled overlay being quite common, and the chisel cut visor not unheard of.

So what's with this breastplate studded like a brigandine and are there any more examples like it?

That IS a brigandine. Brigandine pectorals with a placard (the lower torso/gut plate) is very common throughout the 15thC, especially in Germany and North Italy.

>Its the reason we prefer bad reproductions of falchion for melee in ACL/IMCL. By giving them the mass distribution of a cheap wallhanger we get maces that look like swords.

Huh... The shape looks too formfitting for what I see of typical brigandines. Really aesthetic look though.

>that fuck-off huge warhammer

>That IS a brigandine.

Looks like a breastplate with added leather and rivets to make it look like brigandine from a distance.

Oh further examination (read, just got off the porcelain throne/phone and back on my comp), That does seem to be a solid breastplate... I have never personally seen an existing piece, repro, or documentation for such a thing, but with faux-scale, plate etched to look like maille, and plate shaped to look like clothes, its reasonable that covering a breast plate with leather and faux brig rivets could have been a thing.

Brigandine is supposed to be pretty form fitting.

>implying that a cheap wallhanger wouldnt explode on the first hit.
>implying that russian style choppers are not stupid anyway and maces don't work better in every way

Maces for life.

Yeah, I caught it on the bigger screen.

No, they mean the uniform curvature without "imprint" in . Its just a leather covered breast plate.

>maces for life

Say that to his face.

What the fuck is that? Is it a real thing?

As much as any ridiculous historical novelty is a thing.

I'm sure it was real and made with good intentions, but it was also obviously never adopted on any large scale.

I will, with my polearm, as I am not an idiot.

late 19th/ early 20thC, and the are surprisingly common. The US navy apparently ordered a bunch.

People tried a lot of weird shit shit, back in the day. Obviously, they didn't stick around.

Whoever made this obviously did research into armour... But WTF is that whole "inflated" looking hood deal?

>Now with built in bottle opener!

I guess its time to dump the weird shit

was a joke, you see, referencing the commonly used jape that mocks small images as being "for ants." Which is iteslf a reference to the popular Ben Stiller movie "Zoolander." But the poster then twisted it slightly so as to fit into this Arms & Armour thread. Hence "equipment for myrmidons," myrmidon being the Greek word for ant - which was also used for Achilles' band of warriors in their particular style of heavy armour.

That was the joke.

got you bro
armstreet.com/store/armor/helmet-king-of-the-east

>Veeky Forums, the weapon

Whats your problem with Ugo Serrano's personal hunting cleaver?

>myrmidon being the Greek word for ant
I honestly didn't know that. I learned something today!

I also didn't realize the images resized, i'll fix it in a bit

Yeah, a guy on an sport combat forum just got one, hence the table pic. He loves it, though its a little heavy with all the brass.

That is pretty huge. You could just use the fucking head itself as a dagger.

RHODOKS

whats the name of that polearm?

Glaive probably.

Glaive?

probably right, the blade looks different from what I commonly view as glaives.

Anyone have armour with solar motifs? need inspiration for paladin.

Ask and you fucking receive

Sure do.

Was kind of thinking of a fluted plackart like but stylized so it looks like a rising sun

I suppose.

How the hell did I forget the KotBS?

Veeky Forums keeps giving me weird weapons to love.

Dat's an Ugo? Shoulda guessed, I suppose.

>Hold up knave, I have to calculate precisely how I'm going to beat your shit

Han dynasty? Or Wu? or is it late medieval as opposed to ancient?

As far as I know, it's been that way as long as Confucianism.

The Saber-chete is a favorite.

Yo, where's the item descriptions at? How am I supposed to know what all this shit is?

I don't have much

huh, those don't have their names...

armored wagon, Cossacks I believe

munitions plate

That thing would suck, right? Isn't the barrel like an inch long?

probably pretty short, but it looks a bit longer than a pistol barrel. It obviously wasn't meant for long range, probably one of the crazy things that came from the world wars

after a bit of googling, it functions kinda like a FN 90. Still looks cool, which is all that matters

last one, I gotta go

Most of it is pretty common. Some of them have descriptions in the file name.

Which ones do you have questions?

Thats a bombard.

This guy was in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

>Fighting someone
>land fatal blow
>as they lay there on the ground bleading out
>tinker around with abacus
>according to my calculations...
>Your dead!
>Swing for decapitation blow

Unless that's just decorative, how the hell are you supposed to bend your elbows if there's plates in there?