/twgg/ TowerGirls CYOA General

Armies Await Us Edition

We're currently working on Gen V

Here's the current worklog:
| Gen V |
-Text fixes
-Army Upgrades Page

Discussion of the Towergirls CYOA, RPG, Setting, or Video Game welcome here!

Everyone welcome.

FAQ:
Q - What is Towergirls?
A Veeky Forums creation. Read more here.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Tower_Girls

Q - How do I play?
A - It's a CYOA, there are no established mechanics for the rescue. All the pages to the game are in the imgur album linked in resources.

Q - Why aren't/are we we working on; Fan Gen II/Knights/combat mechanics/etc.
A - No. We recognize that spreading out our efforts is what originally killed the project. Accordingly, we're focusing on just one thing at a time and finishing them out.

Q - Hey, can we make a pricness about X fetish?
A - It generally comes down to what people like. Propose the idea and see if others want it.

Q - Is there a map/unified setting?
A - Nope. Though proposals have been made, nothing concrete has been created.

Q - Can I post fanart/fanfiction here?
A - Go right on ahead, just make sure it's within the global rules.

Resources:
Imgur Album - imgur.com/a/maXHJ
Tower Girls infinity Chan Board - https:// infinity ch.net/twgrl
Booru - tower-girls.booru.org/
Templates - (Photo user has been lazy and needs to update the download)

Games:
Subtitle Pending:
towergirls.boards.net/
Kingdom Conquest:
towerkc.blogspot.ca/

Original Brush:
Photoshop - stumpypencil.blogspot.com/2009/11/return-of-stumpy-pencil.html
SAI - beroleagle.deviantart.com/art/Paint-Tool-SAI-Pencil-Brushes-96742060
Gimp - elmerucr.deviantart.com/art/Real-Pencil-Brushes-for-GIMP-57810771

Fonts:
"04b_19" is used for the name of the Princess
dafont.com/04b-19.font
"Bebas Neue Regular" is used for all the rest of the text.
dafont.com/bebas-neue.font

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/download/iidtcgi7ns1th46/army_template.psd
psdplugin.codeplex.com/
imgur.com/a/maXHJ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Posting the dogs here so I don't forget to do so.
>Name
Dogs of War

>Description
The Dogs of War feel nothing but admiration and affection for you (TOO affectionate?), and will dedicate their sharp noses to ensure that nobody gets close to you or your properties undetected, any time of the day.

Power: 2

>Choice 1: Rescue Dogs
Knowing (or believing) that you would be sad to see your men die, the Dogs of War will try to rescue your men when they're defeated, giving them a chance to live another day.

>Choice 2: Bloodhounds
If any of your adversaries has fled, the Dogs of War can help you finish the job by tracking them down by their scent.

>Unlock: Utter Loyalty
Requires Dog Princess
The Dogs of War spreads news (presumably of your kindness and wisdom) to your armies, ensuring that your troops will never betray you. But do they do it out of respect for you, or out of fear for someone else?

>no Diamond Dogs reference
shame on you

For the rewards sheet things ive seen suggested and sugested myself

things ive seen sugested

armies (out of 8)
transformer atomatrons
seducer foocubi
undead hoards
dragonslayer knights (maybe also the undead hoard)
cowgirl field medics
ninja squad
orc raiders
peasent rabble
insect soldiers
goblin troopers
goatmen
Dogs of war

Magical arms (out of 4)
Gnome battle suits

Generals (Out of 4)
yeti general
elf master

Masters (out of 2)
Tactician master
Drill Master
Beasts (out of 2)
wood beast
steel beast (names pending)

I thought about it, but wasn't sure how to reference it. New name for Choice 2 perhaps?

i was actually thinking Choice 3, but whichever you thing is better

You mean Unlock?

Yeah, that could work. Utter Loyalty is kinda meh for a name, so I wouldn't object to it.

Are we going to give the armies a short biography, or will it be too much for the card?

I don't know what kind of limit you're setting. I'll go as long as there's interest.

Ay carumba.

We'll have as many traps as people want on the charts. Hell, if there's really an issue, we could have the "Trap Gen" themed around the princesses who fell down wells and shit.

Probably a bit much since the cards will have 1 passive benefit, 2 (pick one) benefits, and a special unlock benefit.

Sorry again I haven't sat downt o make the updated template. Been nose to the concrete looking for work. Bank Account's empty and my parents are paying this month's rent. A happy Photo user that does not make.

they are going to have a short description taking up the area that the +/-s would normaly go

Updating it now. Anyone remember if the expanding Crest or the Regiment won the poll?

Pretty sure Crest won. Checking Archives.

Nevermind, top of last thread, Regiment won.

Atomatrons? What's that about?

>Clockwork Cobbler's Kingdom
>Automaton Trooper
>Passive Boon: Handcannon
>Grants small cannons that can be carried.
>Powerful, but heavy and inaccurate.
>Unique ability: Better, Faster, Stronger
>The Automatons will improve and repair themselves outside of battle.
>Endurance - 5
>Numbers - 5
>Training - 1
>Power- 3

>Specialty Unit: War Machine

here is the last version that was posted of them

That sounds pretty cool actually. Are we going to hold a vote for these army things soon?

Themed gens are a shitty idea as has been expressed COUNTLESS times.

>Vote
No? You don't vote on this shit unless people are fighting for what fills the last slot.

Here's the template.

For those setting up cards, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the .psd. It makes it a lot easier on me to make the final product as it lessens/removes the possibility of alignment/font errors.

mediafire.com/download/iidtcgi7ns1th46/army_template.psd

Mostly a joke about rescuing a bunch of trap princesses from traps., user

I'm trying to get in touch with Eversor about getting some little regiment artwork now. I'll add that to the psd template asap.

As much as I would be all for a trap gen, T don't think it would work, or it would have to be a smaller gen than others.

>.psd
Think you can convert that to a .pdn for Paint.net fags?

I don't have paint.net, but someone could use this to convert it and I'd have both version in the next OP; psdplugin.codeplex.com/

Sweet, I'll edit the OP and add it in, even better than a PDN.

Can't, don't have photoshop.

GIMP can open PSDs.

Firealpaca?

GIMP automatically does PSDs. Paint.net, see Paint?
Download Paint.net.

Since nobody else has posted one, obligatory dragon thing.

i take it we are talking dragons in the vein of dragon knight, not dragons of princess size and power.

Dragonkin, more like?

Yeah, Dragon Knight size, only Princesses of the Royal Blood get that fuckhueg.

i feel like the description should mention why dragon princess 5 captured each group, jusst my 2 cents

That's a fair point, actually. I'll come up with something.
Being of the Dragon Princesses Guard, they weren't taken, they came willing at the request of the Princess.

her personal royal guard or the like?

Given the option, I'd say yeah, a group of grey/black dragon knights tasked with being her personal guard.

Quick question for the Thread. Our resident artist has been ever so (r) kind as to work with me on that art for the template. However, we were wondering: silhouettes or a little generic soldier guy holding a spear? It'd be 5 rows of 5. Each row being a bar of power.

also a thought, how will we justify more potent units giving less power (for balancing)? perhaps the units are just smaller?

Their abilities are (relatively) inversely proportional to their quantity (as determined by row count.)
You get more weaker guys or fewer stronger guys.
Like this would probably have a max of 1 row for having insane abilities that impact your whole army.

Yes, that's the idea. Standard Quantity vs Quality.

oboi

Cute as a Ginger artist.

looks like another princess for trap gen :^)

No

Like, for the army? I thought they should get a unique art to represent them, even if it's the art of a generic soldier from their army.

Haha nah, that is a bit too
Much, Salvage the design into something else i suppose, but i just draw, i don't desire to be made a towergirl on a chart.

Plus i dont think my reputation needs me known as a dress wearing princess.

I appreciate the cute art though, thanks again!

Gonna take a crack at it.

It was so tempting to fill the quote with dog puns.

Shouldn't the armies be based on gen v princesses?

Thats what i thought as well.

Naga snipers/marksmen
Rat secret police
Kobold Trappers
Frog witch doctors
Ogre Bouncers

Good? Bad?

Its a bit confining mind you

I feel that due to the nature of mouse princess that the soldiers related to her should be something vaguely construction related, like maybe sappers or battlefield engineers who can throw up fortifications on the fly.

Dr. Boom and her boom bots

Mousechanics it is, FEAR THE MIGHT MOUSE OF MINSK.

Yes, each unit will get its unique "Soldier Art", but the power bar "soldier guys" would be what I asked about. The idea is to lessen the strain on artists by making it more generic.

Generic spearmen would be great, maybe a little detail like a flag or trumpeter for each row for variety, like how each layer of treasure for Gen IV has things like chests and big rubies mixed in to make it interesting, even it was all standardized

The more potent the choices, the less bonus power it should give you, since the soldiers would be more elite and fewer in number the more potent they are.

Where is the treasure sheet btw?

Id love to see it.

imgur.com/a/maXHJ

The imgur album, after Gen IV.

Ask and ye shall receive.

I've decided to ransacked the whole place with the following items and stuff I am amused with

lifeguard courtier
wizards pipe
snake charmer vase
enchanted geode
dragons blood
rose gold bracers
elements necklace
time tuner
cupids ring

I believe all that adds up to more than eight slots, unless you're using some kind of item trickery involving earlier bonuses

well remember we only have 8 army slots available here, which we are already past in ideas, granted none of those ideas really "count" until someone takes enough interest to fill them out, but at a certain point adding more becomes less helpful, especial when the other groups have space empty still

Dragon's Blood, Rose-gold Bracers, Elements' Necklace, Time Turner, and Cupid Ring all take up 2+ slots.
Notice it says Tier X - X Slots
So they take up that much cart room out of your 8 slots.

Former Dragonslayers
the Remains of great heroes animated by dark magic. They may be falling apart but they still excel in dealing with grand beasts and magical monsters.

Heroes Banner - Your units become more competent in small groups and excelling at going in alone.

Shambling hoard - Your Units become an unrelenting force, ignoring pain, fear and obstetrical as they pursue your goals.

Undead Taint - Rescue a Magic User
Your Units Gain Undead Bodies, continuing to fight even as they are hacked apart.

>Just imagine Havel standing in the back with Ornstein

I cant help but notice training and hairdresser master both have "boon name" as their boon

4 of the Allies don't even have visual art for their stats, just 1,2,3.
There's a grammar error somewhere, but I forgot where it is.

Wow, slow day

thread was ded and i forgot to put in the skull mask ahah okay i'll stop

An army of havel moms and giant dads

Mistakes of mine that I must've forgotten to update

The effect of not having a dedicated artist. People were already designing Gen V princesses as we tried to finish the Treasure page and were eager to be done with it.

Slime Princess is technically a lich, right? Jellifying came after her soul was placed in a core/phylactery.

I know, that's when the /trash/ fags moved in with me leading the pack.

Could someone post the latest princess gen?

Like, the latest iteration of 5, or the complete four?

5 please

This should be it.

didnt eversor made a new header pic?

Yes.

But I didn't have a version with it saved.

Ok, i was a moment not sure if it was completed

Whelp, I just thought of a good costume for Eversor's version of Gemini Princess.
"Another dogged contender...

Oh yeah? Whats the reference?

Also, SoB Troops

Sexy.
Lothric and Lorian, the twin Princes of Lothric Castle, Dark Souls 3. Pic related, they're both cripples from dark magics and rely upon each other infinitely.

Alright, I'm sitting down to write the header text for Gen V. Any specific information I need to make sure is in there?

Would root out heresy with.

Twin princess needs to go in somewhere.

"Slay that dragon booty"

Nothing off the top of my head for specific.
>You are a legendary Adventurer
>DP5 has conquered an entire continent and subjugating it
>You have been tasked with stopping her
>You must go forth and save more bitches, claiming groups from their armies along the way for the betterment of your cause

Who is Hermit based on?

Laurentius of the Great Swamp if I remember right. From Dark Souls 1.

>Little smirk and hamster tooth
C U T E
U
T
E

Wasn't "based" on anyone, but the art was Gats rendition of a broquest character which was based on soemthing from DS. When I designed her, I was just making what interested me. I've never actually beat DS1.

I remember when we were brainstorming, the main personality link to Laurentius was us (or me at least) insisting they should have a friendly, helpful, and lovey-dovey personality because Laurentius is a complete bro.

So, how are you Anons today?
Cause the two drawthreads I'm in are a fucking wreck.

Progress folks!

Doing well bud! I got a 40k tourney I am going to tomorrow. Sisters of Battle are gonna hopefully kick butt!

Also yeah, the Veeky Forums drawthread is a lil wishwashy today.

Best of luck then, Eversor. I really like that Journey outfit.

One more for the road. Night!

I like what you've done with the journey outfit

for the fremen costume, there's no set way of portraying them but make sure his eyes are glowing blue

Fixed that for you.

i've been trying to find a princess to draw in /ic/ and so far, snek princess just felt right for me. might change her pose though

i finally move out

what did i miss?