Your Favorite Necromancers

hey there, I've always loved necromancers and necromancy, and i was curious about some of tg's favorite necromancers, either from a game they were in, a game they ran, or from popular stories.

tell us about them. good, bad, dumb, genius, or heartfelt, doesn't matter, just share your favorite.

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Millennial_King
marikbentusi.deviantart.com/art/Request-Defectio-Solis-320457666)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

oh inb4 Millennial King

1d4chan.org/wiki/Millennial_King

"Minions, servants, soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call, of Kel'Thuzad."

Sandro from heroes of might and magic and Kel'Thuzad, especially from w3

and Gauldoth Half-dead

My nigga.

Hilarious

Accept no substitutes

Gauldoth is in the rare position of being a necromancer who isn't defined by full retard cartoon villainy, so he's pretty high up there.

Probably where it all began for many of us.

My favorite is Glee bones. A gnomish necromancer who takes care to perfectly preserved every zombie he raises. He only raises people who have given their permission ahead of time. He dresses each one up in the finest clothes that he can afford and puts a mask over their face so nobody can recognize who they once were. Then he rents them out 2 the local County to perform manual labor. Digging ditches, repairing roads, and generally performing as much Community Service as he can with his minions.

Does anyone have the screen caps of let's read about the family of necromancers whose Souls hang around for centuries after they die, occasionally be inhabiting their Corpses? They were all about making sure the dead rest peacefully, because they never could. And they defended their descendants and the descendants of people they knew in life whenever possible.

not those of us that aren't babby

The Underking, from TES. Mostly because he seemed to be a fairly reluctant lich/necromancer, who was really only looking for a way to die.

Best necromancer ever.
Best taste.

I played in a 2 year long campaign 6-12 hours every saturday.

Mysteries of Mu, sent in a seven deserts (ie seven sea's) there were sand pirates, the egyptian esque aristocracy led by the mighty and traditional pharaoh whose sole city survived atop an ancient dwarven steppe city.

My necromancer, [Quintin Laramoore[(marikbentusi.deviantart.com/art/Request-Defectio-Solis-320457666) who went slowly mad as my depression spiraled out of control. It was apparently fucking amazing to watch according to my DM.

He started out with the best of intentions. His house got burned down by adventurers.

He lost the family fortune and had to reestablish it, so he went looking for a home/adventuring.

He was a merchant, and a scholar. Not an adventurer, It showed in his habits. The typical aristocratic over spending on luxuries. He'd buy rooms for his friends, and their supplies. He always made sure he had plums. Plums in the middle of the desert no less! In the intro session the DM made passing mention of how expensive they were. From then on, my character always had one in his breast pocket or hip pouch.

He just wanted to do right by his family and friends, but his friends kept getting him in trouble.

Murdering important politicians, charming people for little reason, and otherwise disturbing the pharoahs peace.

Eventually he meets his match in the lich Brassus, who we released from his desert tomb city.

You know what, I can't. I cant tell a good story about this. I loved that character and the DM fucking killed the ending. He let another player ruin 1 1/2 years of careful diplomacy, gathering allies and blackmail by having magical schizophrenia and not letting us get sense motive checks against him. The guy worked in and out of game to blind side us.

He turned every NPC against us, soured every relation and I never got a chance to fix it. The final encounter was every NPC jacked to lv 20 with +5 weapons in a low magic setting. We were lv 12. FUCK.

I also suck at story telling so theres that too.

Hard to argue with the guy who invented the undead.

Best necromancer itt

I'm a particular fan of Johannes Cabal, at least from the first book. The idea of bitchy, aggravated science necromancers trying to get a refund from satan makes me happy.

Who would be insane enough to agree to have thier body raised to dig ditches? Seems like a pretty shit deal.

I'm currently balls deep in writing a fantasy adventure novel but, another that I've written the beginning, end and general summary for, follows a young guy whose wife is dying of a mystery illness.
He pursues a group of heroes who have apparently set out to defeat the necromancer that has been wreaking havoc and bringing despoilment to the lands in the hopes that they can help him on a quest to save the girl.
So anyway, the entire novel he is one step behind the heroes, but gradually learns that the terrible shit that's happened to the land and it's inhabitants is the result of the villains many experiments in necromancy.
He learns of what the big bad is doing and it turns out that he is doing it to save the life of his dying love and is finding a way to grant them eternal life, in the process pretty much dooming the world due to involving Eldrich abominations and horrifying elder entities.
So our young hero essentially brings about the defeat of the heroes right as they are laying the smack down on the villain, he has a lovely yarn to the baddy as he croaks it and he ends up taking the collected research and works of this bad guy.
The wiafu dies and the story ends with him alone in the darkness of her crypt, ready to go full necromancer villain turning the handle on the little silver music box she gave him and debating on whether he should do it.
The last passage is him making his mind up but it isn't disclosed whether it is to bring her back or not.

Anyway, writing a sympathetic but ultimately villainous necromancer was jolly good fun.

Does Anime Skeleton count?

Also, forgot about Jarhorn Glittergold.

Best story leading up to becoming a lich, hands down.

kel thuzad is GOAT necromancer

You realize D2 was released 16 years ago?

No. Check that shit taste. WoW-faggots please leave too.

Someone who likes the idea of helping their community even after they die? Someone who agrees to do so as part of a life insurance policy that pays out to their spouse/children so they aren't burdened by their passing. There's plenty of reasons why. And it's not like it costs you anything.

Hell yes

You do realize posting on Veeky Forums over 40 is generally seen as unhealthy, right?

I am about to play my first necromancer character and I am really excited. Can't wait to have a chariot pulled by a fast zombie tiger or a palanquin carried by skeletons.

Kel'Thuzad is from Warcraft 3. WoW never happened. We have always been at war with Eurasia.

I was like 12 back then.

Before there was Myth and Dark Omen but still....