You find a disk roughly three-inches in diameter that is indestructible

You find a disk roughly three-inches in diameter that is indestructible.

What's the most clever use you can come up with for it?

Other urls found in this thread:

what-if.xkcd.com/145/).
what-if.xkcd.com/35/
scp-wiki.net/scp-1599
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_interaction#Overview_of_the_fundamental_interactions
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jam it into things that need to be gummed up with a Darksteel Artifact
Thats all i can really think of

(Also, compared to the hands? Thats closer to a 5 or 6 inch diameter disk)

I eat it.

throw it at someone

Bludgeoning weapon.

Learn to throw really really good. Like, Captain America levels of good. Having an unbreakable throwing object makes unstop

"Bet you can't break this disk, faggot." $$$

>jam it
>eat it
>throw it
>beat it

Place a phylactery counter on it.

bop it

>indestructible

How dense does indestructible mean? Virtoptim levels of density?

Enable Metalcraft.

I wear it as a badge over my heart.

I am not a clever man.

Marginally improve the efficiency of a nuclear weapon.

Put it in a vaccuum and heat it to an unreasonable degree (you can use the sun to get it to a fairly reasonable temperature. See: what-if.xkcd.com/145/). You might be able to use lasers. Your now quite warm object would start to behave like what-if.xkcd.com/35/

Chuck it into the sun to see what happens.

Really, a lot of the applications an indestructible object can be replicated by merely very strong objects (for their application) ranging from iron to depleted uranium.

Throw it into a Sphere of Annihilation and watch reality unmake itself.

mein negroid

Create science out of it.

betting people that they can't destroy my disc. I reckon I could clean out every barbarian in the tavern if I'm careful not to piss them off too much.

>Chuck it into the sun
>to see what happens

fucking scientists I love you

Why not use a merely quite strong object made of iron or steel?

Hockey puck.

Well, I mean, if we could chuck it into a black hole that would be far more interesting, but that's probably quite far away. Even a neutron star would be fun. But since they're all (thankfully!) quite far away, our local star will have to do.

Assuming the object is made of /something/ that has charged particles, it won't pass through the sun or anything like that (unless we /really/ throw it hard), but the colours it glows will be interesting to watch.

Found the Canadian.

Tiny buckler
Doorstop
Spare wheel for wagon

>a disk roughly three-inches in diameter that is indestructible

I look for the three inch diameter indent it's supposed to go into, because that thing is obviously the solution to an inventory puzzle somewhere.

There's literally no point in throwing it into a black hole because any light we would use to observe it's reaction would be sucked into the black hole. Also it might just teleport into another dimension because we know Fuck-All about black holes.

Use it as a drink coaster

I try and break it. Indestructible is just another word for "Never hit hard enough".

only sensible choice

>Virtoptim levels of density?

Underappreciated post. I chuckled.

Any light from events beyond the event horizon would be trapped, correct.

But we'd expect the object to spaghettify on the way down, and that we could (in theory) observe. If the object is an indestructible disc, it presumably can't become a long noddle o' atomic fun.

We'd get to see some /very/ strong forces start to tug on whatever's keeping it together.

Put it in the way of an unstoppably powerful weapon.

Jock strap insert.

Gotta have your priorities right

I dunno, charge it with your energy of choice (heat, momentum, static, etc) until reality breaking levels ensue.

Bonus points: kill the bbeg or the any stupid diety in the setting

Launch it from a railgun and put a nice disk-shaped hole through the planet

Use it to Withstand Death

scp-wiki.net/scp-1599

I wear it under my clothes somewhere random on my body, so if I'm ever shot there's a small chance it will hit this bulletproof disk leaving me unharmed, and making my assailant the laughing stock of me.

I gave that lich a phylactery
Liches Love Phylacterys

This card makes me wonder what kind of personalities various Artifacts would have.

Does Lux Cannon have any hopes or dreams? Does Eternity Vessel enjoy its job? What motivates Grindclock?

I really want to make a deck centered around Ensoul Artifact, Ornithopter, and Darksteel Relic, for an army of early game OP toy army

Drink coaster

>Indestructible door stop

I sell that shit to the government for a great deal of money for research and use. I don't have the resources available to seriously use it to it's full potential, so why not profit off of it instead while it goes to somewhere more useful?

If it's indestructable, how much research into the object itself could anyone really do?

Bring it to life.

Wouldn't it explode in an explosion more than 3 times bigger than the nuclear bomb in Hiroshima due Hawking radiation?

I have a tezzeret UB deck dedicated to doing this.

People wonder why the field has 2 darksteel axes and a load of random artifacts just sat there, then they start getting hit with them.

Why does she have human and cat ears?

Give it to a really pissed off hockey team.

I already have. Mono Blue Aggro is damn good.

Throw it in a black hole and watch it shatter the laws of physics since it won't condense.

Railgun it at the speed of light to destroy anything

Find a way to duplicate it with a spell or some shit

Toss it in a Sphere of Annihilation to break the laws of reality some more

Offer it to your local god of destruction to kill said god since if something can not be destroyed he has no reason to exist anymore. If it doesn't do that it will at least keep him occupied trying to find a way to destroy it. Giving it to any god really, but the one who may have the most interesting experience would be the grim reaper. Even mater is eventually claimed by him due to the heat death of the universe, but giving him something he is unable to decay would net you a free pass at least once.

If you can find a rope strong enough and a method to launch it into space, could work as a multi use meteorite

>Offer it to your local god of destruction to kill said god since if something can not be destroyed he has no reason to exist anymore. If it doesn't do that it will at least keep him occupied trying to find a way to destroy it.

That is the dumbest plan I have ever heard for godkilling, and trust me, I have heard a lot of dumb plans.

Also

>Keep him occupied
>Implying he can't just get around to figuring something out after he's destroyed everything else

>What motivates Grindclock?
It just likes to see you squirm as it makes that awful cranking noise at three in the morning from your asshole neighbor's house.

That, my friend, is a discussion for another thread.

Because that discussion could take up a thread.

Duplicate it hundreds of times
Raise undead dragon
Graft indestructible scales to undead dragon
Get fucked by some faggot who calls himself the Lord of Sunlight

Make a quantum computer out of it that will survive the end of the Universe.

Coaster.

One strangelet hits a nucleus of normal matter, catalyzing its immediate conversion to strange matter. This liberates energy, producing a larger, more stable strangelet, which in turn hits another nucleus, catalyzing its conversion to strange matter. In the end, all the nuclei of all the atoms of Earth are converted, and Earth is reduced to a hot, large lump of strange matter.

does this shit actually exist or is it just some physicist's hypothetical?

If it exist, it's probably in the form of neutron/quark stars converted into strangelets due the bizarre characteristics of it. Most of the structure of neutrons stars remain theoretical. I mean, it's a fucking star with a gravity so high, escape velocity is half of the speed of light, that atoms no longer exist, it's just solid degenerate nuclear matter (neutrons and more neutrons) with the nucleus being a superfluid of neutrons or plasma quark-gluon. Only the crust is made of atoms. It's like an atom of the size of a mountain. And yet, they are real.

>place a phylactery counter on it

you madman!

Put it into my GameCube.

fuck

I'm the Dragon Reborn aren't I?

Do ensouled artifacts dream of electrickery?

Strange matter certainly exists; we've observed it in particle colliders for decades. Strangelets would be comprised of a much larger number of strange particles than we've ever made at once. (thousands or more lambda particles, composed of an equal number of up, down, and strange quarks.)

The real question is whether strangelets would have the properties described in , and the answer depends on a particular number we've been unable to measure. (the surface tension of a large collection of strange matter) Even attempting to calculate the expected value of that number is very difficult, due to the non-perturbative nature of quantum chromodynamics.

If the surface tension is high enough to cause that behavior, then strangelets would be the second-scariest scenario in particle physics.

Source: I'm a particle physicist.

Me personally?
I'll donate it to science otherwise it's just joining my bric-à-brac shelf along side the coral, meteorite fragments, Flying Fox skull and the old Hero Quest Gargoyle.

My current character however, a Paladin of a Sun Goddess.
She has a home-brewed spell to 'temporarily' create a miniature sun (that refuses to follow the laws of physics and kill everyone planet wide) that acts as a combination Holy Symbol and baby Aura of Life and a Protection from Evil spells. As well as providing the light and heat of a hot summer's day.
The sun last as long as the item she uses for it can survive.
And indestructible disc? The DM is either going to introduce an arbitrary time limit or some other form of fiat or simply accept that I'm now carrying summer with me everywhere.

>second-scariest scenario in particle physics.

What's the most scary then?

See what kind of monster I get when I stick it in the disc tray. Hopefully it'll have infinite lifespan and I can make it punch shadows for a year.

If they tended towards such behaviour, then their creation must be near-impossible, or high energy cosmic radiation would have brought about strangelet apocalypse a loooooong time ago.

no. you still need to apply a level of kinetic energy to the object thats beyond your human capabilities to properly benefit from its ability. for you it would not matter if it was made of steel or iron.

but gravity is a weak force

Wut

Suspend it in a magnetic field in a vacuum, then begin slowly spinning it faster and faster (this can be accomplished either by striking it obliquely with a laser, or using a second oscillating magnetic field).

It is able to store an infinite quantity of angular momentum, since it will never tear apart from the stress. I'm not sure what step 2 is, but a battery that can hold infinite power has got to have a use (beyond the obvious of "really big bomb").

Quick question. How would you guys manage to get it to the sun or a black hole with a poor man's budget?

Think about how immensely huge the earth is, and how much gravity it must emit to keep the moon in orbit. Now stand up. You just overcame all that gravity.

Gravity is so much weaker than the other fundamental forces of the universe that the scale of the difference is difficult to express.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fundamental_interaction#Overview_of_the_fundamental_interactions

Gravity is dependent on the mass of both objects you dimbus.

>how much gravity it must emit
No. No. No.

Gravity is indeed weaker than the other fundamental forces, but that way of explaining it is so far from the truth as to be flat-earth levels of stupid.

But human muscles are crazy strong, relatively speaking.

We don't give a rats ass about how many zeroes there are in the gravitational constant here, what we care about is the mechanical stress within the disc.

Though given its size, getting a sufficient gravitational gradient probably means we need a very, very small black hole. Maybe one a centimetre or two across?

>but the colours it glows will be interesting to watch.
And then you just get a black body spectrum.

you want darksteel citadel, not relic

are you more of a sheldon or a leonard?

Probably try to sell it to a university or something. I'm not an engineer but surely there's some kind of scientific application for an object that's literally completely indestructible. They'd be interesting in studying it at least.

Detect Magic on the thing. If it's magically indestructible, then a simple disjunction will fix all of that. If it's not magical, then enchant into an immovable rod and leave it places for maximum hilarity.

I WAS TRANSPORTED

Throw it really hard. Use a really big catapult.

>enchant into
If that is an option I combine it with a skintight bodysuit, or myself if I am willing to risk some lovecraftian shit..

>human muscles are stronger than the moon
HFY

I didn't mean turn it into something that it isn't, if it's indestructible that's probably not an option. I mean cast the spells on it that allow it to function as an immovable rod.

At that point it is probably better to weaponize it.

Just melt some metal onto it let it harden and use it as a mace.

I'm amazed no one has offered to fuck it yet . . .

>indestructible means dense

You have no idea how the world works, do you?

I wonder how I should go about creating some alien race that can't resist gravity.

Just sell it and hire some mercenaries. A mace has little to gain form stronger materials than bronze, iron and steel, the shape here probably won't be ideal, the bond between it and the metal may be non-existent so the whole thing falls apart, but a few good soldiers at your side is pretty much guaranteed to help in a fight.