Major Tom

What happened to this brave cosmonaut?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D5p8YhhaVlA&list=PLD9577E6CEBD077B4
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/12130366/
youtube.com/watch?v=3Uyr8_OgAwc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh hey, this is great. I kinda wanted to make a space thread myself.
I LOVE this album. Great space music. Half the songs give me chills, like the second one Dawson's Christian. Space ghost ship.
youtube.com/watch?v=D5p8YhhaVlA&list=PLD9577E6CEBD077B4

*Thumbs up as he continues to ponder the mystery that is Major Tom*

Ooh boy. Don't do that. A lot of folks get annoyed when you use asterisks to denote action.
Just... talk normal.

Well sheeeeeeeeeeit (sorry force of habit when online :p )

Nice artwork but seriously what the fuck is going on with Major Tom ;-;

My group fell apart after 2 sessions. Sorry guys.

I did a double take when I saw the OP image. I've used the daughter Charly in a separate campaign, though.

Old tripcode as proof, compare it to the 1d4chan articles.

Thanks for answering mate and sorry to hear that Its just that I had so many feels from the short story on 1d4chan wiki that I had to know more glad to here Charly's being used though :D

Yep. Anything else you wanna know?

Is there any future plans for Major Tom?
Did anything happen after the first session?
Is Major Tom actually talking to someone on his comms?

No
No
No

Sorry, it's not a very interesting death of a concept. We all loved the idea of the character and it played well with the story, but we lost some group members and when a new campaign was being made with new people I went with a more sensible character.

Well shit, I didn't know OP was actually from something.
Still going to keep posting space for a while.

Yeah, go to 1d4chan and search 'Major Tom'.

Thank you for your time sir and sad to hear he is no longer with us.
Really?...meh fuck it this art is sweet

>emoticons
>shieeeeeeeet
>namefagging
Please stop

Jesus Christ this shit again.

Very well

Seriously user, you got your answers but I would delete the thread now. It doesn't really serve much purpose, and as you can see it wasn't as well received by people as you may think.

Oh hey, those are the same character. Never noticed that.

HEY HEY! I'm using it to post space pics!

Alright, I'm done. Wouldn't mind more space though.

I got my answers and pissed some people off and you got to post pictures of space are we done with this thread now buddy?

dude just delete the thread you don't need permission

Not but there are a couple of things that signal you out as a newfag. Here are a couple of giveways:

> Using a name
This is many anons autistic trigger. It should be reserved for appropriate occasions. Using a name or worse a tripcode without a good reason might be seen as attention whoring.
> sheeeeeeeeeeit
To cite "Just... talk normal.". Writing like that is kinda juvenile wouldn't you agree? I
> :p
We don't use smilies. Along with the *action* it is probably the most newfaggy thing one could do.

I'm not trying to berate you btw, I think it's kinda shitty that posting on Veeky Forums is so dependent on the poster following random restrictions. Committing just one faux-pas dooms your post to either ridicule or a pass.

So with nothing but friendly intent I offer you the oldest maxim of Veeky Forums.
>Lurk before you post

Also don't use emoticons. People on Veeky Forums tend to be kind of hostile to that.

No problem I normally just like to lurk every once in awhile and so thanks for the heads up I'll keep this in mind before I post again

There used to be a really great space skeleton thread a year back. I will see if I can't find it.

Finding a dead spaceman in orbit around a since long dead earth is nowhere as scary as finding a live spaceman around said earth

I think I might use that idea as a hook for my next traveller session actually.

That's literally what this thread was about. You're talking about

Sorry mate, worded that like a spastic. I know of Major Tom and remember the followup threads but I also remember some space horror threads way before that also featured austronaut skeletons.

Major Tom is a comic character but I think the concept of finding a man in the middle of nowhere alive long after it should be possible is a pretty god way to unnerve players in a game. Just my 2 cent though.

I'm trying

>tfw my players are so autistic that if I had them encounter something like that I would be bombarded with SCIENCE FACTS and "WELL ACTUALLY..."

Or as we oldfags wrote it
>lurk moar faggot

>The Staring Woman, as she is called, is a rather macabre specter that numerous Spacers have reportedly seen while flying through the so-called "Sargasso" clouds of debris left orbiting the Earth after the Kessler Event of the mid-23rd century. Wearing naught but an expectant stare and a vague smile, entirely nude but for the long black hair wrapped and tangled around her body, this space ghost is said to rap and tap on external windows and portholes, as if she were some neighbor next door wanting to borrow a cup of sugar or to step in from the cold. On very rare occasions, she has even been sighted floating inside the airlock, rapping and tapping on the internal door with an encouraging look on her face. No one knows or cares to find out what happens if you let her inside.

The other thing about old Veeky Forums, and Veeky Forums getting things done in general, is that what we ended up doing is seldom if ever what we started out doing.
Post space shit, creepy preferred.

Possible the best Sci-Fi horror session in history. Reading that thread for the first time gave me more chills down the spine than most horror books I read.

I also found my space skeleton folder. It is surprisingly large.

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/12130366/

Forgot the link like a moron

>Year is 2024 and the ISS is finally demanned.
>You should know. You are were the last man to depart the station that you lived in with your two crewmates Kozlov and Thomson the past 7 months.
>As you boot up the Argon computer and final checkup you shoot a glance at to your right.
> As expected the men are saying their farewells.
>Kozlov is praying under his breath in putinspeech. To his right Thomson is staring out the starboard window.
youtube.com/watch?v=3Uyr8_OgAwc
As the clams unfasten and the thrusters fire up your focus on the cross-hair is broken my something in your peripheral.
>Movement in the Cupola module
>From the cleared out and completely abandoned space station
>Picrelated is staring back at you
>As the distance increases the man is reduced to a pixeladed black spot
>Although brief you still managed to see two things clearly
>The man was screaming
>The was David M Thomson
>The thing in his seat is no longer looking out
>Razlov is still praying
>You should really start too

Aww, it's a shame we didn't get more adventures with Major Tom. At least we know what happened now.

What is this Major Tom thing?

Read the thread.

I'm stealing this.

*laughs*

According to Peter Schilling, the auto-land kicked in and Major Tom came home.

4, 3, 2,1!!!!

EARTH BELOW US, DRIFTING, FALLING!!!!!

sauce?

top album - mine sounds like it's a third generation copy from tape that's been left in the sun a touch and occasionally weiEIErRds out.....

wife banned me from listening it when she was in the car ....

I miss her ......

... Carmen Miranda or your wife?

o man - you cant get rid of Carmen, no matter how often the headquack rotates you out ....

Immortal skeleton astronaut who's more than a little off his rocker (but not in the "lol randum" sort of way, thankfully)

Fuck it. My players are going to run into Major Tom next session they're not in a dungeon or I need a Deus ex machina to stop a tpk

Oh for fucks sake! Now i have to listen to all of those again immediately.

I hope you're happy with yourself.

They're all on youtube. I fucking love this era

Year before last we had a series of Spooky Shit in Space threads. They were very entertaining and creative and the stories of The Staring Woman were created over the course of those threads.

Last year, i think it was, we had a series of Our Superstitious Solar System threads where she was reintroduced and further fleshed out.

always carry a piece of Earth, or whatever rock you call home, about your person so your soul might find its way home. Just in case.