Warhammer 40k General

Skaven are cooler than AdMech edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Lord-of-Slaanesh-on-Daemonic-Mount
epicroster.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for wrong picture

Not even the wrong picture, it's a bait picture. Everyone here hates that SJW show.

That's why it's perfect.

Better post-apocalyptic setting than Fallout tho

retoastin sentinel list with maybe better format?

Sentinel Spam - 695

HQ - Lord Commissar - 80
Plasma Pistol

TROOPS - 2x Melta Vets

FAST ATTACK - Sentinel Squad Lascannons - 135

FAST ATTACK - 2x Sentinel Squad Plas Cannons - 150

INQUISITION - 307

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor - 89
3x Servo Skulls
Terminator Psycannon

Ordo Xenos Inquisitor - 28
Servo Skull

Elites 1 - 40
3x Servitors Multi Melta
Psyker

Elites 2 - 40
3x Servitors Multi Melta
Psyker

2x Chimera - 110 (vets are in these cause they're cheaper from inquis)

MILITARUM TEMPESTUS - 245

HQ - Plasma Command Squad - 145

TROOPS - Scions - 100
2x Plasma Guns
1247/1250

>SJW

Argument discarded.

Scouty McScoutFace
1500 points

10th Company Task Force Detachment
570 points

050 Sergeant Telion

110-Scout Squad x10
020-Camo Cloaks
110-Scout Squad x10
020-Camo Cloaks
110-Scout Squad x10
020-Camo Cloaks
110-Scout Squad x10
020-Camo Cloaks

Gladius Detachment
930 points

110-Scout Squad x10
020-Camo Cloaks
010-Sniper Rifles

220-Assault Centaurians
020-Multi-Meltas

100-Dreadnought
005-Plasma Cannon

120-Vindicator
120-Vindicator

200-Stormraven Gunship
000-Plasma Cannon
000-Multi-Melta
005-Extra Armor

Madness or Sparta? If so why? Strengths/Weaknesses? How would you counter it?

So for Grey Knights, which troop choice do I want to be running if I'm going for a list that uses Purifiers as my elites?

I'd counter it with Tau's Ignore Cover, I guess.

I like the show.
Just not the fanbase.

At least it's not EMW.

is this the same as ?

What brand of scouts are better for a Shadowstrike kill team?

LS storms being zoomy and able to lay down blind and flamer before the vanguard assaults.
Or
Larger Camo cloaked footsquad able to use cover and take more hits.

pretty damn nasty anti armor
not much dakka though.

>Shadowstrike kill team

is that a formation?

I don't particularly care for the Tau supremacy suit, but that new railgun and fanned missile launcher array looks fucking hot. I don't know what the profile is, but if I take it and fill the rest of my army with fliers and vespid, am I That Guy?

i guess that depends on when you plan to bring your veteran squads in on. Either you infiltrate your scouts and whittle em down with sustained fire over a few turns or you hit 'em hard with a simotaneous strike.

The longer you wait the more damage a full scout squad can do.

Yeah.
2-4 scouts and 1-3 vanguard vets.
Vanguard vets chose whether to pass deepstrike, can assault from DS and don't scatter within 9" of at least 2 scout units

If you're taking it under 2000 points? Probably.

I agree with you that the new missile array suit looks sweet though, but it's still the sort of thing you should only bring to an Apoc game.

And if I said my primary opponent was necrons?

whoops, meant to reply to

What if you do?

Still probably. Maybe you could justify it in a large points game, but taking a bunch of less powerful units to justify taking a single really strong one isn't going to lead to fun games.

Well in hoping to bring them in on turn 1 with the detatchments armywide 4+ to arrive on turn one.

Depends on the roll of the dice.

I will be bringing two storm squads, two camo-squads and two scout biker squads.

Question is just where they are to be attached, seeing as bikers can't accompany the vets those are set aside.

Oh and the concept is Raven Guard/Raptors, so swift decapitating strikes are their jazz.

you'll probably do more damage with shotguns/flamer template and then assaulting from an open topped vehicle on disembark.

Also, they can charge when DS. You forgot the best part.

Nevermind, you said it. I read that wrong.

Gonna get my coffee.
Good morning Veeky Forums

also you have no anti air, so if anybody brings any you're fucked

I personally don't have much faith in 5 man charges without even a second ccw.

Not when I have vanguard vets right next to them.

But I come from an Aspectdar background so the "Right tool for the job" mentality is my default.

Well I don't have much faith in open topped av 10 skimmer transports staying in the air for more than a turn or two, either.

Anyways, thanks for the input, i thing the 10 man camo squads might be better seeing as i only need them to help the vanguarda vets arrive once, after that the formation has no synergy between the scouts and vets.

Then the bikes and storms can zoom around with the main force as spotters.

So is the dual falcion option for a Knight of the Flame actually worth taking or is it more of a "this looks cool" thing?

Are you allowed to play Space Wolves with combined arms detachment, or do you have to take Wolves Unleashed?

Is there any reason to take a basilisk? I feel like I'm missing something; 36" minimum range is insane when you have options like the Russ and the Wyvern.

Holy shit, I've just discovered the Elysian Drop Troops. How have I never heard of this before? Why aren't they more popular? I mean, sure, it's a FW exclusive, but I see Kriegers and Renegades from time to time.

D-99 is pretty much exactly the Navy Seals in Space army I was expecting to find in Militarum Tempestus. I love the idea of deep striking an elite combined arms force with air support and light, fast vehicles for lightning raids. They almost seem overpowered, by virtue of logical tactics in a grimderp universe.

>tfw a box only comes with one weapon that a squad can have TWO of
bastards.

Getting an extra attack for 4 points while still keeping your stormbolter sits in my books as "It's alright if you have the points to spare". It's not super important or anything and it's cheap to throw on a dude if you points to spare. If you don't, don't worry about it

Yes, CAD and Allied detachments are open to everyone.

It's how they get you, user. It's how they get you.

They are a cool influff, rad models, ridiculous price and depressing power faction.

Can a squadron of Valkyries take a combined squad (platoon) if the total sum of models in the unit is equal to or less than the amount of models the squadron can take?

Yes and no. I imagine you're thinking like this. 1 valk = 10 dudes. 3 valks = 30 dudes. 1 platoon = 25 dudes. I can split them around! Is that the gist of it? If so, the answer is yes if said platoon remains as separate units but if the platoon combines into a single unit, then no. One unit, one transport. thems the rules. Exception to this is Combat Squad.

Gotcha, that's what I was asking. I may just go back to my idea of 4 bullgryns in a valk to jump into melee from the sky.

>depressing power faction
Not sure what you mean by this. Are you implying that they're Tau/Eldar levels of broken?

Valks aren't assault transports, are they?

No
Millitrum Tempestus level power, but CSM tier points bloat and forgeworld prices.

terminators

I agree, they are really nice. I'll still use them as allies, because they do lack staying power.

>Things that should be more popular than they are
I've tried the Chaos Lord on Steed for fun, and now I have it every single game.
Why isn't that far more popular? It's totally awesome.
I'm on a winning streak mostly thanks to him.

Cavalry, Outflanking with Acute Sense and +1 attack for 20pt? Yes please.

I've use him for Raptors with meltas+2 combimeltas against a guy that love his vehicles a little too much, only for then split up with the units and bash tanks with his power mace.
With Raptors again, this time with plasma and melee weapons, against a Raven Guard with the Ignore Cover Lascannons and half his stuff in DS, so I came on his side, kill all his Tacs, scouts and devastator that stayed behind, and force him to use his reserve in his side of the map, which i crash because higher initiative.
Noise Marines against IG and Dark Eldars, putting them in the most cover heavy in his side of the map and start being annoying. With the mace again.
And then Black Templars, another Raven Guard, Iron Hands.

I freaking love it.

>Post units that should be more popular, tell me about your experiences

Give me a good non cheesy Eldar list at 1000 pts.

is that a snake with tits?

Yes

1 unit of your basic troops with no upgrades
there you go

Veeky Forums isn't new to snakes with tits

none. they're incredibly over priced for what they offer this edition. if you want Artillery take a Dominus instead from Imperial Armour 2. 280pts for three STR 10 AP3 shots on a superheavy chasis.

I'm in the middle of converting the barrels of three Basilisks into the gun for one myself using the Praetor kit.

>In other news
I'm in a tournament and there's an eldar player i want to try to wreck as IG. Suggestions would be great. Here's the gist of what they have-

>Two 5man Warp Spider squads
>Wraith Knight, default guns
>Three 5man Eldar jetbike psyker squads
>some flyer
>x3 Void Shield Projector.

I'm thinking of throwing heavy armour at this entirely. and focus firing the Knight from the start. but any ideas or suggestions would be great

How bad can they be with the ability to easily take over half a dozen flyers and to alpha strike any skyfire or interceptor models from across the map worth BS4 Tauruses armed with TL lascannons and hunter seeker missiles?

Does anyone even play Necrons anymore? I haven't seen any at the FLGS or the local GW either... are they dead in the water as a codex?

GW still actually sells it?
Call me surprised.

games-workshop.com/en-GB/Lord-of-Slaanesh-on-Daemonic-Mount

Too bad it's minuscule compared to marines, you can't put a marine torso without looking like someone that skip legs days a little too much.

they moved on to playing Tau

How many points is that? I'd probably take a Stormlord, Vulture, and anything else that can shit out dozens of dice at a time.

They got a major down grade from top tier to upper middle tier.
They can pull their weight but some matches are a real struggle for them.

doesn't surprise me. they are relatively boring to paint and play, as well as being boring for opponents. They are even more noob friendly than marines.

They pay oit the ass to do, outdated style of "upgrades" where you pay point to get a bonus and a penalty.
They can work.
But it takes work and a lot of armies will just shrug at their antics and mow them down like they were deldar or orks.

You think of firepower, which is plenty and you can put it in the right spot if you want.
Very good.

But you'll have a problem with objectives. You are going to be outmaneuver as soon as your reserves are all in.
If you didn't do enough damage, or worst, it's a mission where the bulk of the objectives are in late game, you are probably going to lose.

>280pts

and a Stormlord isn't a bad idea but at 1500pts i'd leave me rather thin on units.

My buddy runs my lgs we spoke in March and he said he had hadn't sold a single Necron box or kit since Christmas.

Theyre so boring and uninspired you could remove them from 40k and likely gw.com and no one would notice for weeks

Is it true that Sniper Scouts are shit? I just bought two boxes of them.

Would I be better off converting them to Bolter scouts with camo cloaks?

Do you think FW will ever FAQ their previous books to allow Scions to take some of the IG stuff like Vultures ?

Did anyone try emailing them about it ?

The 7th edition upgrade made them so powerful I don't really touch them any more. You just can't make a mid-powered Necron list without spamming monoliths and C'tan anymore.

I own about 11,000 points worth, but showing up and definitely winning is dull.

If they're so powerful why does a mid powered list require Monolith and C'tan?

hey gaiz... check this website out!

epicroster.com/

Or errata, whatever you want to call it.

Sniper Scouts are very good if you synergy them with other stuff.

Alone they really add nothing other than a cheap and annoying object holder.

But if you are a Raven Guard with the Pinion they are extremely valuable.
Or, if you like your thunderfire and your detachment doesn't give it to you (like in the Gladius where it's in the middle of a massive formation and that's it), Scout with snipers are amazing.

Make a Cad or an Ally detachment, use those scout as troops, put them in a ruin, camo cloak and then fortify it with the TechMarine. You'll have 2+ cover on them and a nice 3+ on the TechMarine if you put them together.

They are probably going to attract far more firepower than they deserve.

If then you have a FW unit then, that is the perfect occasion to put one in.

Deredeo, Thunderfire and Scouts with Sniper Rifle are a perfect mini-detachment for every occasion.
Just pick a HQ that helps your main detachment and that's it.

Oh it's that thing that actually managed to be worse than BS

Need to waste a lot of points on overpriced, low powered units to make them weaker, basically.

Even that doesn't really pan out if your opponent is shit at dealing with AV14. Some people are, it's not really something you need in a take all comers list anymore these days.

I'm running an Anvil Strike Force, and was thinking of allying in a Shadowstrike Kill Team so that my list wasn't pure AV.

I like assault units, but if Vanguard were the only real infantry on the ground then they'd soak all the anti infantry fire and die, hence going for the On Time, On Target formation bonus to try to get them to pile straight into combat.

>skitarii rangers/vanguard
>1 of each weapon per box
>can have THREE

and so I have 3 squads

do you use it against nids?

Is the reclamation formation a shit then?

My meta is pretty varied, we have some of pretty much everything, though obviously some armies are way more popular than others.

It's not shit, it's unsalted Oatmeal porrige.

Solid and filling but bland as fuck.

They're incredibly boring. Their lore can be resumed as robot Eldars, their stuff looks dull, they're dull to play.

They need a big revamp.

I don't like reclamation legion because it's the Decurion core, which forces players all over the world to play a heavily genericised warrior heavy list led by an overlord with some Jetbikes because they think being optimal is more important than running your dynasty the way you like it.

necron lore is actually pretty cool if you scratch beyond the surface of it

I was considering Necrons... no more!

Okay, i found and downloaded battlescribe and added the data sets, but its not letting me add my HQ requirement to my 10th Company Task Force formation.

if an army going from top to to mid tier was an actual deciding factor you might need to reconsider your priorities

Reanimation Protocols should never have been changed to work like FNP.

Telion isnt HQ, He's a vet sergeant upgrade.

It was more people saying ...they're dull as fuck
and ... play dull as fuck

The only thing Necrons suck at is maelstrom missions when played against people with a lot of 12 inch move Obsec. Anywhere else they're top tier easily through staying power, flexibility and yeah no pretty much staying power given you keep more guns firing at your enemy in the later turns than they get to keep firing at you.

Did you make sure to give your army Utramarines chapter tactics?

Build a gimmick list then, Scarab Farm is always fun.

hes still not listed

Does anyone have a pic of that paint recommendation chart by gw with all the different stages? (Base, layer, edge, etc)
And if anyone has the valejo translation chart from gw paints to valejo that'd be super sweet!

You can play them fun.
That usyally means gaving to give up on formations though.

Necron designers took a good look at old Fade out era design so cron formations ted towards bread, bread, bread, bread, butter and bread style.

how do i do that?

There should be a "No category" bar at the top, hit the plus.

>Sjw show

Confirmed for having never watched it