>Terminator Librarian
>Razorback x2
>6 Bikes
>Command Squad
>5 Assault Marines
>2 Imperial Knights
>13 Sigmarines

Been working more on this guy today

Hopefully get him done today, only a few bits and the backpack to actually do.

Do you feel this better represents your miniature?

Sure, what did you do?
White balance?

The Bolter looks bent as fuck.

Is this metal? what model is it?

To do list
>24 Brimstone Horrors (Thanks eBay!)
>8 Silver Tower Familiars
>9 Exalted Flamers
>Herald of Tzeentch

That is why his BS is still 4.

Well he was lost in a cupboard for 6 years so I guess that happens.

It is metal, I think it's a veteran?

Auto in Color->Layers
9 Contrast, -9 Brightness in Color->Contrast/Brightsness
Scaled image to 1400 width
Saved at 50% image quality

I don't even have that big of a to-do list and it seems daunting/taking forever. Been waiting forever on some Zandri dust air spray as well as an airbrush so I just have a wyvern, a chimera and a stormsword just sitting there unfinished. I also have some Flash gitz I haven't even primed yet.

It works better if you take one pic at a time, instead of the whole collage on one go, since each part need slightly different adjustments.

It's fine cast of the stern guard, when i got mine the straps and guns were very bendy and fucked for most of mine and did take a lot of work to clean up. Here's mine done in white scars colours.

Not a fan of the white shoulder trim. I think it breaks up the colours too much. Other than that it looks great, really mirin especially the non-metallic gold on the chestpiece

trying again for some help, i just found an art shop near me, is there any paint they might sell i can use as brush on primer? is there any particular difference between their crylic paints and vallejo and gw paints?
please respond

lads, whats the difference between basecoat > wash > layers

and
basecoat >layers > wash

My current process for my world eaters is a mephiston red basecoat > agrax earthshade wash >mephiston red > mephiston red/blood red 50/50 > blood red > orange highlights

Would I benefit from moving the wash to the last step?

for sure, but I couldn't be assed for a quick example/question.

I do mine in separate windows before combining them.

gesso primer

>is there any paint they might sell i can use as brush on primer?

Acyrlic gesso can be used on miniatures
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>is there any particular difference between their crylic paints and vallejo and gw paints?

Yes, acrylics designed for miniatures have more, finer pigment than most artists acrylics.
Buy miniatures acrylics.

washing last is obviously going to "corrupt" your highlights,but it gives somewhat of a more united look to the model. I think people usually people leave the last highlights for after the wash so they can touch up.Maybe you could try making some highlights washing and then making the last ones.

Take two miniatures and try one method on one and the other on the other.

Broadly, dependent on how you wash, you might get a darker final result if you wash last, and the colour on flat surfaces might not be as uniform.

thank you both

Currently working through Deathwatch box (with 9 more DW conversions), Calth box (all Death Guard), and making all 7 types of Imperial Assassin.

>Eversor
normal
>Culexus
normal
>Vindicare
Infinity model above
>Death cult assassins x 2
Sisters of Slaughter bodies/ Mechanicus ruststalker heads, claws, pistols, pouch
>Callidus
same as death cult but harlequin mask face
>Venenum
no idea yet
>Vanus
no idea yet.

Any one got ideas for Vanus, and Venenum?

Aren't there 4 types of Assassins 3, with 3 models and 1 with 2? The Culexus might have even had 2 old sculpts, making 3 total for it as well. So, 11-12?

No school like the old school

For Venenum or Vanus how about a Dark Eldar Scourge, loose the wings, swop out the head (blank wych helm maybe)

>assemble Tara's crew
>strip paint off of the metal Lady J crew I got on ebay that was primed peach somehow
>strip Legion heavy and remove mold lines that I missed after priming
>use some weird Japanese crack filler on my Kingdom Death Dragon
>paint something

Looks like I'll be busy this weekend

wut? i don't want multiple different sculpts of the same thing (except the deathcults who will be twins like the inquisitor 54mm models)

also theres 7 types of assassins (pic related). 8 if you include maerorus but theres no point.

So... lets see your Vanus and Venenum

that was meant for

Yes, you're looking for Acrylic Gesso, I've seen it in Black, Gray and White. Liquitex is a good brand, but even generic ones work as well.

It's really cheap and will last you a lot, I haven't had to buy any for over 60 models, and the bottle (About 2 oz) still has about 3/4.

Gesso really starts to shine when working in sub-assemblies, as any spot of it you accidentally remove or need to repaint can just be covered without having to lose the rest of the paintjob.

It also can be used in pretty much any weather, although compared to spray primer it can take a bit longer to dry.

Speaking of drying, gesso shrinks whilst doing so, making it very hard to obscure detail even with a sloppy coat, experiment a bit and find the ideal amount of thinning on your gesso so it is not too thick but still thin enough to dry in a reasonable tine.

It doesn't take much experimentation to find the consistency you prefer to work with.

Now, for your question on art store acrylics.

Most artists' acrylics aren't formulated for going too thin, so their pigment and medium is somewhat thicker, as they are intended for opacity as opposed to miniature detail.

You could technically use art store paints for minis, I have used them before, but it takes a lot of thinning and fuckery to get them in shape.

The colours may be a problem, as most hues are intended to be mixed by the artist, so if you want consistent colours , that may be a problem

Then there's the stuff that just like everything, the better stuff is usually expensive. Dollar store acrylics may be cheap, but their pigments are of horrible quality and generally not good even for canvas painting.

In my experience as a canvas painter, I'd rather use Vallejo or Gw paints for minis, as it's less fiddly, and good acrylics come almost twice as expensive as most hobby paints.

I'm not saying that you can't paint with other acrylics, but imho, I'd rather spend my time working on my backlog than making my paints workable.

this would work as a venenum

Finished apart from basing now, I think I'm pretty happy with how he turned out. He really towers over the figures I'm more used to painting.

Thanks, though I quite like the white. I think it looks better with the backpack on than without.

Been trying to get through some of my world Eaters. The white never comes out as smooth as I'd like, might also lay off the blood until I can figure out how to make not look like ass. Any thoughts? Apologies for the shitty picture.

I love this mini and his combat sandals.

The pose is great

Nonchalant about the dude who just exploded in front of him

The white looks fine.

The dark eldar sails are the worst to paint. 0 fun involved.

1/3

2/3

3/3

that's a beautiful wood grain, but why are the craft made of wood?

Exodites?

>Woops there goes another prisonner I guess

Hey is FW's Asurmen OOP? I wanted to buy it for display but I cannot find it in their site.

me cummed at the wood grain :3

Really though great job user. Noice.

Looking good, I like it

Is there a proper FW painting guide that has every legion?
I would be surprised if it was not the case, but everytime, it seems like it's more people that infividually asked the painters.

1 contemptor
1 deredeo
3 rapiers
5 headhunters
2 vexilla carriers
1 apotechary

20-27 Tacticals
2 Contemptors
10 Cataphractii
1 Cataphractii Primus Medicae
10 Phalanx Wardens
10 Templar Brethren
10 assorted special weapon marines
1 Sicaran
1 Whirlwind Scorpius
1 Leviathan

And that's not including the vast hordes of Kriegers or Tyranids. Libera me ex inferis.

>21 Tacticals
>10 Assault marines
>10 Sternguard
>3 Librarian conversions
>5 Cataphractii termies
>1 Chaplain conversion
>1 Termie Captain
>1 Jump Captain conversion
>5 Mor Deythan (Scout counts as)
>1 Contemptor Dreadnough

And lots of converting in between.

Anyone got a good technique for blond hair? Need to keep my Sons of Sanguinius fair and beautiful.

What kind of blonde?

This might help?

I also have a PDF with a painting guide for blood angels, but it's too big for Veeky Forums.

Just generally golden-haired. I only have a small handful of marines with bare heads.

I finally started started painting my rogue trader.

if i ever finish painting it i think i will play it as a company commander or something

Thank you for both answers, i think i will stick to model paints.

Figure AV10.

Why bother with metal? SPACE WOOD.

>start to get to the end of painting first army
>gotten much better
>changed the way I paint/colour scheme so much over the course I want to redo loads of the stuff I've done
>also interested in maybe painting some other army

I think I may have fucked up a bit.

I've got a bunch of models, some with matte varnish and some without. I'd want them all varnished, but how the hell do I figure out which are which?

I suppose I could just add more varnish to them all.

Isn't Matt varnish supposed to change the look of the models?

one of us, one of us...

got 24 of these buggers to paint, does the skin look gobliny or does it need improvement?

40+ ork boys
10 ork nobz
15 grott
5 lootaz
1 stompa

Have I made a mistake by picking up this hobby again Veeky Forums?

looks good. Very nicely painted btw.

To Do List:
>20 BA americans
>12 BA Germans
>1 BA hanomag
>4 Bretonnian knights
>20 VC skellies
>16 ork boyz
>BA farmhouse set
>VC blister
>2 senitnels
>20 cadians
>kitbashed chaplain
>SW blister packs
>Tamiya panzer 4 hetzer tiger wespe hanomag and stug

my to do list just got a lot bigger, it's a bit in a rough state, but all head and weapon variants came with it.

also, i'm not 'upgrading' it to look like the forgeworld one, i like the oldhammer look it has

top notch

what the hell kind of bondage goblin is that?

A LOTR one from the look of it.

Are you Neo?

its amazingly painted but that primer makes it look like something the mistress sics on the protag of a hentai manga

>Snipping some bits out of the sprue
>One goes flying
>It's lost forever in The Warp
>tfw

>gotta cut off a pistol's handle so it can actually be held by the sergeant it's for
>want to keep the grip to maybe use in a kitbash or something
>it goes flying and is too tiny to find

>shag carpet

try tamiya tan coloured pieces on laminated flooring

At least if it's laminated there's a chance you might step on it or feel it with your fingers.

I keep losing the bits that go on the ends of the transparent tubes for my necrons, and then finding them embedded in my foot a week later.

Also lost a toe off my Broodlord.

Does anyone else only really like a single type of unit from a faction?

I don't really care for Tyranids, but I have a soft spot for Genestealers and their related units, as I love both Alien and Lovecraft and they're basically both at once.

>Assembling a tank
>Pushing it together to get firm hold for glue
>Hear a crack
>Panic
>Examine the entire model, thrice
>No signs of cracks

I don't like Necrons much, but I love their Triarch Stalkers and Immortals. I don't enjoy the Eldar aesthetic, except when it comes to Wraithlords - those things are amazing.

I'm not a fan of eldars generally speaking but the Shadow Spectres are fucking gorgeous.

Might be an internal crack?
That or simply a piece fitting correctly in its spot.

Oh boy, I got:
>9 orks
>8 tacticals
>captian
>15 skitarii vanguard
>5 skitarii rangers
>5 sicarian infiltators
>sidonian dragoon
>3 kataphron destroyers
>tech-priest dominus

I have too much to list... I gotta keep dumping that stuff on eBay to clear this never ending backlog.

Trust me, I've examined everything.

10 Burna Boyz
10 Lootas
5 Stormboyz
5 Nobz
2 Deff Koptas
My warboss
A handfull of Boyz

>Just also bought the start collecting orks box

How long until I can play the game with a fully painted army?

My guess? Next year

A stormboy for fun

I agree with you on Wraithlords, though I really like Wraiths in general. Planning on building a Wraith Host for my next army.

Adore wraith constructs from Eldar

Also I rather like kroot, but alas there is probably no support for a kroot only force

lloks awsome!

do you think that's air you're breathing?/i know kung fu

So I realized my color palette is shit. Nearly 50% of it are metallics, washes and technical shit, and some paints for airbrush and pigments.

Most of the other 50% are old as fuck citadel paints and most of them are either browns and greys with lots of them that look nearly the same. Others are simply dead of old age. Lots of ugly greens too.

I think it's time to get a proper paint set. I need a more colorful base palette. Ideally some range that I can use both for regular brush and airbrush alike.

>5.3mb for single git
at least that yellow was worth it

I'm always loosing the heads, having a grey carpet doesn't help much either.

I meant a crack inside the plastic itself. Like small enough that it is contained between the two ends of the sheet of plastic.

Anyone know if Mr strike force is still taking orders?

>5 Tartaros termies
>15 Gal Vorbak
>Lorgar
>5 Ashen Circle
>20 Tacticals

Not a big fan of DE overall, but I really love their jetbikes.

Working on a stormcast chariot conversion, but as is I am really unhappy with the axle. Compared to the rest of the model it looks boring as sin...
Ideas, advice, anything?

Side view, which is the worst prespective. I was seriously tempted to scrap the entire project because of this.

Also, the second charioteer is obviously missing the axe head, and the chariot itself also needs some sprucing up.

How to the hell would I make a Ravenguard Honor guard? I think bling but then it doesn't fit.