>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e5JCp2Hd5L8
youtube.com/watch?v=DfOJaoeE3mQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck a duck captcha

Hey, Jumpchain - if you could only use one Jump's powers and metaphysics for your entire Chain, which one would it be? Serious question - I'm considering doing a one power build, and I've been trying to brainstorm options.

Probably Gurren Lagann. It just seems the most fun for the purpose of being an out of context problem.

Hows Fire Emblem for a jump to d after PMD?

Esper powers from raildex, and raildex metaphysics in general, because I just like it that much. They just have so much versatility and range of application.

Which one, and for what purpose?

>raildex
>one power jump
>surviving raildex without out-of-jump powers
He doesn't want you to kill him, user!

Regular fire emblem, mostly for the import and the fact that I've no clue how high the power level of the setting it.

>implying raildex is actually dangerous
It's like touhou; if you can resist poking the sleeping bears, they won't bother you.

What?

>Last Thread
You almost got it.

youtu.be/e5JCp2Hd5L8

You could run raildex as a starting jump reliably. It's a high powered setting with high utility powers ad metaphysics where you're not in particular danger unless you go around causing everyone problems, which is why everyone likes it so much for powergaming; it's relatively safe powergaming.

Unless you take the plot device you can just sit back and let captain plot armor resolve all the dangerous shit.

Does index jump have anything like a 'you aren't living your life correctly!' perk? If not, it's a serious missed opportunity.

I dunno, maybe Undertale? It's got an interesting kindof utility magic, can directly effect souls (which is great for fighting ghosts and stuff?), and the science seems able to delve into meta stuff at the upper end, which I always thought was pretty fascinating.

I was a monster, so I wouldn't really get a soul boost or anything, but it's a pretty unique metaphysics.
I think that'd be the thing to go for, something unique.

Huh. The impression I got was that you were standing in the bullseye for a metaphorical flaming mountain. So as long as I'm not dumb enough to take Keikaku Keystone I'll probably be fine? Strongly considering it, thanks.

Any other thoughts? I like as an idea.

There's a nasty war involving magic, but if humans can survive, so can freaky demons disguised as humans.
That said, there are comfier jumps to let your pocket monsters get used to being peoples.

Nope. Gotta pick it up from Nanoha.

Akame ga Kill, pick up all of the harem and look sexy perks. Now you can just get a bunch of over powered waifus to protect your goofy ass.

Like?

Generic Sburb Jump, for the Alchemization and God Tiers, as well as the fact that it could be survived as a first jump pretty easily.

>let captain plot armor resolve all the dangerous shit.

That's actually a valid strategy for a LOT of jumps. Hell, I realized I could Spark in SBURB if you played it well, depending on how much the Homestuck drawback forces you to be the one to deal with LE.
If you can use the canon method, it's not too bad. Just...uh. Don't be in the universe when the first few existence failures occur.
net navi status is a good way of surviving the initial hurdles, to be honest. Use trollian to jump timelines.

Rolled 393 (1d582)

Don't mind me, I'm just rollin' around.

There is someone with plot armor so thick it might as well be a physical force who is protecting academy city, so as long as you keep your nose out of the plot you should be safe.

>Survived as a first jump
You realize that nobody in that comic except like three characters has avoided death at all, right?
It's pretty freakin' Dire.

At the speed of sound?

oh wait, for a regular session?
I'm derp.
...Yeah you can probably swing it if you're really careful about what you try to pull.

And how many of those deaths were caused by Bec Noir, Lord English or related to them in some way, or Quest Bed deaths?

Animu Power Girl looks pretty good, the rest of them are kinda garbage though.

Gamzee and Vriska caused some carnage
As well as Terezi straight up egging John on to his first death
But since their issues were caused by Jack/Bec Noir denying them victory I'll grant you that. It's moot anyways if you're only doing a regular session, it seems kinda hazardous (seeing as even the trolls who had some handicaps in the form of psionics had someone die before even entering the game) but possible with CP purchases

Imma be honest, I don't really remember off the top of my head, and I'm on my phone.
You have my permission to consider me to be talking out my ass.

I'll go check again out of personal curiosity when I get out of work, though.

If I go Amorphous in TOME then Blood Magic in Darkstalkers, is that complete shapeshifting?

I know the feeling.

More or less!...
Why did I not use my own jump to become blob-like.
What the fuck!?

If I go GUNNM and start outside the place, can I safely enter low earth orbit from there with out fear of being immediately shoot down?

Y'know, people are always telling me Mami's got a thick skull, but I always knew she'd come out ahead.

The risk will be lower, but still there. Tipheres has a fair number of kill-sats. You'll have to map out their orbits to figure out a viable launch window.

When I'm looking at Mami, it isn't the thickness of her skull that draws my eye. But hey, to each his or her own.

Beating a dead horse, faggots.

Don't call her a horse, it's rude.

>obligatory riding comment

Almost certainly Changeling, great room to improve and fun powers. Others I considered but passed over include EVO (bit overly focused on one thing), Master of Magic (fun for making waves, bit unreliable due to required setup though), Evangelion (Angel form is quite nice and versatile, once more runs into over specialization though), and Blame!, because it has some very good sources of firepower and gives huge amounts of respawns with minimal drawbacks if you're only running Blame!. Changeling trumps them all due to aesthetics and the ability to pick up loads of Contracts over the course of a chain, allowing both versatility and requiring minimal setup. Would be ridiculously painful as a first jump though.

Out of curiosity, how useful is God-Tier compared to the other perks? I just looked and it's impossible for a new Companion to pick up Ectobiologist and God Tier, so you'd either have to be the group's Ectobiologist or have one of them forgo God Tier.

> Rolling with your posse is the only way to go.

youtube.com/watch?v=DfOJaoeE3mQ

Hay Merchant, got a Percy Jackson question if you don't mind. What would you get as a demigod of Nethys from Pathfinder?

Hey Merch, I'm just going to ask before I waste the effort, would a self cannibalization loop combined with a few other consumption/evolution focused perks fly for EVO

He didn't make EVO.

I'm stupid

Hey Merc, what is the meaning of life?

Well god tier express your classpects powers with more power and effectiveness, but you could learn to use them anyway, albeit with a lower cap. But I'm pretty sure you could import a companion as a god tier ectobiologist, unless I'm doing my math wrong. Also, if a session has nobody with the Ectobiologist Perk, someone will just derp their way through it.

MERC, YOU REMIND ME TODAY OF A MEXICAN CHIHUAHUA.

Won't work for a first Jump, because you can't import anyone. Only imports can be drop-ins.

Well shit. Theres still the approach of "Have someone walk in and press a button a few times."

Is there any perks that let me apply virtual bullshit to physical reality?

Is that a metric 42 or an imperial 42, cause that's an important distinction that I need cleared up.

Obviously Metric user.

>not superior hex 42
You have forgotten the face of your father

>meaning of life
>hex 42
>(2*16^0)+(4*16^1)=66
>hex (66)
>666 = number of the beast = satan
>hex = curse = evil spell
>meaning of life = evil empowered almost satan
So, mathematically, the universe runs on evil.

Roll 5 random jumps, you have to take maximum available drawbacks for all of them.

Rolled 260 - 1.) Heroic Age
Rolled 45 - 2.) Banner Saga
Rolled 166 - 3.) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Rolled 463 - 4.) Splinter Cell
Rolled 558 - 5.) Webmage

Do I survive?

>Heroic Age
>Do I survive?
HA! No.

Is Heroic Age that hard to survive, or is the drawbacks that make if impossible

Is Overlord(LN) jump just a free power boost?

The drawbacks, you're looking at some DBZ level shit.

The settng itself is a... space opera, i guess?

While I don't know much about the setting, I remember the worst drawback makes several psychic country-busting WMD chosen ones want to murder you really hard. Or somehting along these lines.

So there's that.

How the fuck can a man that fat run faster than sonic!?

What's with these anons complaining about jumps like this?

>It's just a free power boost!
>It's just power wank!
>It's just a powergrab!

I mean it's pretty obvious you're just saying "Please shitstorm about it for me!"

His primary outfit colors are red and yellow.

Think about it for a moment.

And you're aiding them in that pursuit.

>600 - Level One Hundred - You've hit the pinnacle. There is no higher level, not within YGGDRASIL at least.
A fucking huge one.

No. The Overlord videogame jump is, though.

Justify how it's not.

Can we just NOT do this for once?

>Please shitstorm for me!

>Justify how it's not.
Don't have to justify it to you.

Sure!

So here are the jumps I'm aware of that are in progress: 40k Ork, SWTOR, Dragonlance, 40k Chaos. . .

Is that list comprehensive? Anyone know of anything else that's being worked on? What else would you like to see made into a jump?

Just delete the thread already, all any one wants is to leave the thread open but not talk about anything, and shitpost any discussion.

pic related?

Mostly wondering if UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie crosses the line.

People like their surprises.

I know I sure as hell love not talking about anything. Especially not talking about the things we usually talk about. If no one says anything, that's what I call good discussion.

Don't forget Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura.

>Is that list comprehensive?
Probably not.

>Anyone know of anything else that's being worked on?
No.

>What else would you like to see made into a jump?
Off the top of my head?
Rurouni Kenshin
Doom 2016
Penny Dreadful
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Are Gauntlets still a thing?

>Arcanum: Of Steamworks
>Penny Dreadful
>League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
I too am a fan of period dress and corsetry.

I'd love to see something with the Breath of Fire games.

I'm still working on Generic News Jump, albeit slowly.

Define 'being worked on'.
Holy shit I need to stop being useless and just finish PoP.

Suikouden

Yeah. It's an underutilized format, which is a shame, because it's a fun format too. At least when it's not "you lose all your powers, haha!"

>What else would you like to see made into a jump?
Shining Force, Ars Magica, Needless, Fading Suns, and Haiyore! Nyarko-san.

Who's working on Suikoden? Or is that one you want to see?

>Haiyore! Nyarko-san.
please

That's something I personally want to see come about, yes.

>>Haiyore! Nyarko-san.
>please
That'd be perfect. I've only seen a few episodes, though, so I couldn't do it justice.

Made some good progress on Kamen Rider Neo-Heisei, though I'm worried about including no less than at least 3 shows(albeit heavily on the Kamen Rider W and OOO side of things)
trying to figure out how to balance the companions I'm gonna try to offer is a bitch too, I've had too many lame companion options or ignored them so making something like the Indiana Jones or Resident Evil companions sounds fun for once.
Also, gotta rework the Inqusitive perkline so that it's not all lame and shit.

I would honestly be interested in something like a world god only knows gauntlet, since it couldn't work as anything else.

Seduce a series of harlots from throughout your jumping career in a jumbled collage of a world made out of stereotypical visual novel settings, or something like that.