The Big Short

how does this movie apply to cryptocurrency? also how can i become smart like those guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/investing-with-the-senpai/x/17798259#/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

this is fake faggot it’s a movies

It’s similar... tether is worth nothing, yet market thinks it is

OP I am going to give you a serious secret.

Every day, certain stocks are "pumped" far above reasonable price. They typically drop about 50% of their peak gain for the day. If you "short" these stocks near the peak, you can take advantage of irrational traders, and make very large, substantial profits by decreases in stock price.

Shorting has risks, but if you short stocks that are egregiously overpriced, you are almost guaranteed to make substantial profits.

i.e. penny stock goes from $1.50 to $9 in a single day? Preposterous. Short it and cover at $2.75 where it ends up.

its based on a true story pajeet

This. Conversely, if you know how to really screen for what you're looking for, it is so so easy to buy good stocks that are down nine or ten points for no good reason. Stocks where it being down is just part of its natural cycle because of profit taking or sector downturn or just irrational selloffs. I turn a tidy profit on the value investing part of my portfolio every year without fail. It's like printing money almost. You just gotta have the bankroll and cash management skills to always be buying.

Do you even try to understand a simple concept? What is the real value of your 10$? It's nothing man, but you and your friends, and ya mom and ya dog wants to give it the value of 10$!

i didnt watch the movie, but i did read the book, essentially the lesson is that when everyone and their dog are benefiting from something and think it wont crash to the point that they are going in debt because they expect prices to continue rising is when alarm bells should ring.
Bitcoin and crypto will start being problems when people are talking out helocs and going into debt to continue buy coins

lol show me penny stocks which have done 900% in one day.

doesnt happen.

MAYBE 50-100% tops for a biotech

i've seen many mining juniors do a bag plus in one day over the last two months

>rich assholes get richer: the movie

its already happening, people are literally taking out loans to buy btc

It's Hollywood jew propaganda

You aren't going to short bitcoin are you? I haven't seen the movie but I do want a blowjob from Rosario Dawson.

So, Short the coins that pump the most on a daily basis? Is it really that simple?

You can be smart like those guys be getting the fuck out of crypto right now!

but it's also about the amount of people, the amount of people invested/trading in crypto compared to the paper money is still very very small.

shes not in it
risky af
fuck no im x10 atm
idk a lot of people are talking about it and joining the party. doesnt matter to me though, even if it crashes 90 percent id still break even kek

PRGN, DRYS, KBIO, CBIO, this thing yesterday not exactly went 5x so fucking good enough. Some Chinese stock last week went from 5 to 20 dollars on 1 day.

Penny stocks are better than shitcoins for % gains

fixed the indigogo

indiegogo.com/projects/investing-with-the-senpai/x/17798259#/

Company name Investing with the senpai
EVERY INVESTOR GETS ROYLATIES ONLY 60% OF THE COMPANY IS FOR SELL

it will help you/others become a better more educated crypto currency trader. My vision is to help the next wave of people getting in crypto to learn about crypto currencies, exchanges, alternative coins, blockchain, wallets, and much more. With my technology it gives you alerts when coins you selected are dipping a certain % for many reasons, it calculates with AI and other factors to predict what a coin could do that day and beyond by the coins Price, Market Cap, 24hr Volume, Circulating supply, % change for that 24 hr, and what it did in the days before. This is just a few small factors, Investing with the senpai is the future. I set on Veeky Forums and watch the miss information, lies, and deception; together we will corner the market and finally help anyone invest and learn at his/her pace, we are not here to shill coins and take advantage of you for material gain.

Funding will help me continue pay for all the development and tech going in "Investing with Senpai" My goal is very small, but will cost me more. Everything helps and I guarantee to back any investors to my last days. Not only will you be a VIP Senpai, you will get your money back with interest, own a part of our company, and become apart of my inner circle and much more. My friends and I have already poured more than $10,000 usd in the development of our application; that will hopefully be a must have for any future investor. If you would like to add ideas and become apart of the Senpai inner family development team email me your ideas, experience, and personal expertise you can bring to the table. [email protected].

ayy thanks people

still need more feel good stories about bitcoin

your post makes me so fucking sick to my stomach i just cant take it. I am literally red with anger as i read each line of your dipshit project, and my fists are tightening ever harder as i try to decipher your fuckheaded language used in your post. If i see you in real life, i will come down on you like a fucking albatross. you wont have time to react, im a tier 1 operator alright; i was a 9/11 first responder, sent in to tactically and surgically eliminate any and all muslim presence that survived the crash. do you know what its like to look in the eyes of a dying jihad terrorist? cus i do buddy, and it didnt give me a tenth of the joy that i will feel when you bounce off the hood of my car. ill make sure to turn the wipers on, just so i dont have to clean any of your disgusting pajeet bloodstains off the windshield. in closing, i would like to once again remind you that you are a fUCKIN WORTHLESS PIECE OF HUMAN SHIT, END YOURSELF NOW

I tried to write a "simplified" explanation but the comment is too long. So I suppose it isn't simple
There is no big short coming in crypto and the circumstances aren't even close to being similar enough for you to do that.

If you take anything from this movie it should be the term "CDO". That's what they were shorting.

Imagine you bought a house. You got a mortgage from the local bank to do it. You pay this bank interest and the house itself is collateral in case you stop paying.
The local bank doesn't want to shoulder your default risk, so they sell the loan to a larger investment bank.
They don't want the risk either, so they package the loans into a product called a CDO which is sold to institutional investors, who now shoulder the default risk.

Now imagine the housing market isn't booming anymore. Home values are declining and delinquent borrowers can no longer use the value of the home as collateral to cover ALL their mortgage debt. They stop making payments.
The retail and institutional investors immediately take losses as the sole source of growth in their CDOs has stopped.
This happened because the value of the CDO was incorrect, the mortgages it was comprised of were not actually high grade, and the default risk was much higher than the market expected.
>The whole start of the movie is this guy realizing the mortgages in these products were actually junk with a high rating.

So you now you need to short it. You can't borrow this type of product, so you need to make a product that "shorts" it functionally. They asked a bank to make them: A credit default swap.
This basically says in the event of a credit default, the bank pays him the total value of the loan. If there is no default, he keeps paying the loan to the bank.
For banks, this seemed stupid because he needs to pay them on a regular basis, forever, unless housing crashed. If real estate doesn't tank, the CDOs don't either, and the swap never pays off.
>Then real estate DID tank and the CDOs were almost worthless
>credit default occurs
The swap pays off.

TL;DR: Banks underestimated the level of risk in their CDOs. He convinced the banks to fuck themselves by selling him a product that made them liable for the default risk. Plus 100 other factors not mentioned.

the rating agencies "underestimated".
everyone else bet against their own investments. they knew it was a piece of shit but sold it anyway

Correct. This is how i have made the majority of my earnings in stocks. Find stock that's done a lot over a few days, see if there is any news or rumors to explain the dip. If no news and research says company is stable, i conclude that dip is due to market fluctuation and will correct. Buy up a bunch of stock, set a sell limit just short of where i think it can reach on the bounce back up, wait. This is especially easy to do repeatedly in a new/rapidly growing sector like canadian marijuana stocks. All will rise eventually and all are subject to periodic dramatic sell offs where they can drop as much as 30% in share price.

gotta wait for the jews to do their thing. crypto derivatives aren't 20x the marketcap of hard tokens yet

That should say *down a lot

You place a big ass short on btcusd and after getting liquidated you blame whales and manipulation.

BTC is literally a fucking bubble...can you not see it? fuckkkkk

>3x leveraged short
>eat shit
>stop loss out
>lost 3 grand in like 25 minutes

And people will start cashing out to repay their loans

The absolute state of biz

People need to realise that these people were only able to do this because they had a huge amount of investment to keep the short going for so long, in fact they almost ran out of money before the market corrected which would have fucked them and left them with nothing. If you were doing it with BTC you’d have to pick the exact time before the crash to make it work

Exactly. It's likely that Bitcoin will correct considerably, but nobody knows if that's going to happen tomorrow or in month, after hitting 15k.

To make a "big short", like in the movie, you'd need a ton of capital on hand to cover it.

you have to research deeper than every1 else

There is a graveyard of bears over at Bitmex.