MTG Snowstorm 2k16

Last one died and I don't know the format for everyhing on this part because I can't find shit.

So here we go again!

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/wwgZ1sVq
drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The threads are typically posted by the same OP, with links to stories from the last threads and the following templated objects:

Here is the previous thread: →

Writefaggings last time:
It's Always Sunny in Ravnica (Episode 1) pastebin.com/wwgZ1sVq
The Snowstorm (Chapters 1 and 2) →

REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come.

>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

And here's a better-sized flake chart.
(Note, this chart hasn't been updated in a while, so there are several flakes missing.)

Actual OP here. Sorry I hadn't posted a new thread yet. I've been at work all day.

it's okay, we still love you.

we still love you mang

also since this is the ONLY place I post on /tg I'm setting my name to Nishal-user from now on

It happens. I think I got everything that would go in your post, but it's possible I missed some writefagging.

There was the Snowflake Civil War.

Who killed who's mom?

So, what exactly is going on in these threads?

people make up their own planeswalkers, then people make their planeswalkers interact with other peoples' planeswalkers.

Rock killed Diomedes' bird

Speaking of Rock, I feel like the "joke" characters should have their own section of the flake list, that way space can be cleared and rolling won't end up with a knight fighting a chicken

How many "joke" walkers do we have at this point, anyhow?

The problem with that is that there's fighting about who belongs in that section and someone throws a shitfit

There's only four. Seems kinda pointless.

I'm gonna post the three Flakewalker cards I made, just so they're around for people to see and critique.

I'm probably gonna do more soon, but right now it's pizza and alcohol time

this one generated a lot of discussion last thread, so let's see what people think about her this time.

Do you doubt the power of Sir Razorcock, terror of the Five Realms???

the +1 is still too weak imho.
Ended up being fine
Overall ok. Who's next?

What defines a joke character?

If we're making these I may as well throw in mine too.

It's really hard finding suitable art for an ex-boros female minotaur, so let's just say she spent too much time in Jund with this one.

Anything that got the Unglued symbol. Anything that uses mana symbols that aren't real. Anything that goes out of its way to break canon on purpose.

What do you mean, on purpose?

Chillbrass, I assume.

Obviously, that's the harder one to prove. But if the bio for the flake blatantly breaks canon lore (like say, you killed a character that's still living or died a different way) then your character shouldn't be taken seriously.

Since everyone's posting cards, might as well post mine.
ignore the shit art and shit balance, I threw these together in a few minutes.

1/2

2/2

Ok fagots, tell me who are the ones that have been nice and who have been naughty. who will get gifts and candy, and who will get charcoal on his/her/its socks?
>Nice
no one for now
>Naughty
The cock

Out of my flakes?
>Remes
>Cala
>Jakrol
>Winifred

Everybody's on the naughty list.

>Del
Probably nice.
>Doc Roman
He's literally zombie hitler. So naughty.

Also, why is Santa red white blue instead of red green and white? They're the chrimbus colors.

What if your post mending flake flies around on a plane hopping ship?
Or was turned into a Weird somehow
Or is DOOMGUY

Because he's not Santa
HE'S CAPTAIN AMERICA

Working on my first flake. Super pumped

>Naughty
The cock
Remes
Cala
Jarkol
Winifred
Doc Roman

>Nice
I don't know, that elemental seems dangerous enough

Like I said. Intent means a lot. It's a fine line, and honestly it would be better if we not draw it too hard. Instead we should just try to hold some kind of lore standard amongst ourselves and hope for the best.

I agree with that, I will continue to mock those I perceive as lore breaking

OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. ADD THIS FILE TO THE REPOSITORY.

My first flake!

>Wants to broker peace between Selesnya and Gruul
That's ambitious. Especially considering how the Gruul probably see the Selesnya as weak and see no reason to ally with them, taking out their rage against the city structure in disregard.

Not bad for a first flake, but I can't help but wonder where red fits into the character. Obviously being a satyr is well-related, just that it doesn't reflect anywhere else. I really do like the character, though.

I initially intended for her combat style to focus more on creatures and less on life, but it didn't work out that way. It was hard for me to find red cards I thought fit her. I think you're right that she's largely white green.

Murdock has been naughty indeed, but good luck catching her

Nothing wrong with a color going secondary. I really don't like that there are so many legendary creatures there, though. What about getting in a pair of gruul creatures?

Will definitely do!

crit pls

I feel like the 0 has the same problem as Akanta's, where it has absolutely no reason to be used because it means you can kill the walker for pretty much nothing.

I don't know how balanced it would be, but maybe try
+1: Scry 3
0: until end of turn, whenever Tazadir, Wandering Warrior is dealt damage it deals that much damage to each creature and each player
-3: until end of turn, Tazadir, wandering Warrior becomes a 3/1 Human Monk Ally with Flying, Haste, Double Strike, and Indestructible

-3 isn't a bit too much? and also there's a 145 character limit on abilities :/

-3 DOES seem like a bit much. Maybe -2, but I feel like -1 is too cheap for a 3/1 indestructible hitter. Especially since he starts at 3, which means you can drop his ability on turn one at either -2 or -1

I want his abilities to be +1, 0 and -1 for flavor though

if it's for flavor reasons and you know those reasons, it's completely up to you.

the cards don't all have to be competitive viable, they just have to be cool and flavorful.

>giant gote pucci

Can I get this added to the repo?

Op will probably add it in during the next day or so. He/She is more active on the weekends.

A planeswalker less threatening than tibal

It would be neat if she had some coin flip cards and manipulation of coin flip cards

Except they're all trash.

>chance cards are trash
Fite me fggt

Amund user here, this looks pretty nice. Much appreciated

is there anything you think would work better?
alternatively, 30 cards that would encapsulate a planeswalker fight with him?

That seems like a lot for encapsulation

>30 cards
Whoa there, man. There's a reason why we list "preferred spells" and deck types that they are likely to be aligned with.

yeah, I get that it's a lot. I'm working on throwing together a planechase variant where you play AS a planeswalker, and I figured it would be cool to do 30-card decks based around these planeswalker cards.

feel like it would be pretty neat if the creators of the flakes make them, too.

30-card decks? How would you even do such a variant?

so the main thing is you need enough Plane cards for a 9x9 grid.
you put them all down face-down, and up to four players unflip each of the corners. they're all on these planes. Once per turn you can use your planeswalker ability and roll the die. then you get to planeswalk or activate a phenomenon.
If you're on the same plane as someone else, you start a planeswalker duel with that person. each turn you have the option to attempt to planeswalk away or try for a phenomenon to turn the battle.
The reason for the smaller decks is that I was planning on installing a five-creature rule, and you can only summon creatures on that plane; they don't travel with you. that way the duels are nice and short, or they can end up drawn out and leading to incredible interplanar fights

Never made my own planeswalker card, what are some good pointers?

make the + something that is strong, but not terribly broken
make the - something even better, but make it so it's worth the drawback of making the walker easier to kill
make sure the ult isn't completely useless

The person who was making the snowstorm was of the opinion that all flakes are equally shit, and thus there should be no separation.
It caused a minor shitstorm last time around, even, when the second snowstorm keeper made a section for flakes that broke lore (like the dog and germ)
And this time around there's stuff that's a lot more lorebreaky than those two

I feel like she's not RED enough in her background to justify it.

Wording means a lot.
Look at other existing cards to gain some sort of understanding of balance.

An ult isn't an absolute necessity, either. And FFS think very hard before you type the word "Emblem".

The majority of people are pretty cool and chill, though, barring the occasional shitposter.

How does one make a three-color walker?
It seems a bit difficult to make sure each color gets equal representation when it's just down to one person. With a group it is much easier; members may vary in color but they all follow the same philosophy.

Honestly? You usually end up with one or two colors being their 'main' colors, with the remainder being minor but still important facets of them. You don't get GWU, you get gWu or GWu. And that's okay, as long as they are clearly still all three colors to some degree.

this. forgot all about emblems.

you know it bb

Would the instance of GwU just be racial?
Like.... a human from Bant. White is just there because.... well it's Bant. White is sort of the most important color there.

No, it'd be a character that, unlike a typical GU character, values the group and community over individuals - but the GU parts of their personality are more readily apparent.
Where they're from or raised doesn't matter - or else everyone from Innistrad would be black as hell, and original Sarkhan wouldn't have been RG, he'd be BWR. While it's true that a lot of people DO conform to what their environment is like, they don't ALL do so

Do walkers need adhere to the typical color of their species? Sydhar was originally going to look more distinctly verminous for example, but rat=black in MtG...

Whipped up a card for Myrina. Wanted to avoid an ultimate to kind of show off that she doesn't really have that kind of magical power or resources, just friends.

maybe change the wording of her +1 to "Choose one: gain three life; or gain life equal to the number of creature tokens you control"

You're right, been playing too much Hearthstone. My bad

>Lorwyn
Doesn't that have the most creative expression of red with those elemental people?

Am I the only one that's going to point out that this satyr is wearing sandals? I mean, forget the legendary creatures, how do you make someone with hooves wear footwear?

Well in her case I think they'd just tie up the wings as best they could around the hooves.

I am not gonna lie I did not give that a second thought lmao. I'll find some other equipment

OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. ADD THIS FILE TO THE REPOSITORY. updated Myrina.

Anna user here, proving I'm still alive
More time passed on the farm as she learned more about seeds and working farm equipment than she thought she would want to know. She also learned a lot about repairing the buildings on their farm as maintenance became needed. The leaves were falling and days growing short when Anna came in from her work to see a dress draped across the chair she usually sat at and Marion looking rather pleased with herself. She looked between the dress and the older woman “I'm guessing that another woman didn't come through while I was working and leave her dress on the chair.”
“Well, I was thinking that you have been working very hard,” so that's a no,” and that you deserve a day off.” Marion looked very happy as she was explaining her thought process, Anna didn't have the heart to make a comment. “The town is having a festival for Fall, and I figured you would like to go.”
“And the dress?” She asked, knowing that Anna having a good time wouldn't be the only reason for the planned excursion.
“You want to look your best, don't you?” Marion asked with an accusing tone.
“Yes, I mean,” she looked away to avoid Marion's eyes, “I was thinking just washing my uniform and trying that on.” The clothes she arrived in, surprisingly not torn by her fall or whatever happened, had been hanging in the closet for the months she had been working on the farm. She looked back and could see the disappointment in the older woman's face. “How about this, I wear my uniform while I'm riding there and during the day. You know, in case someone would recognize the uniform.” Since even if no one knew her personally, uniforms all looked the same for a reason.
“Oh, that's a good idea,” Marion clapped her hands together, “Now, you'll need to get your hair cleaned up, I'll get your clothes ready, we can't have you walking around covered in dust.” She got up from the table to go tend to her self appointed duties.

Shortly after she left the room, Eustace entered the room and put his coat over the chair. “Hey Girl,” he greeted her, “when's dinner going to be ready?”
“It will probably be cold cuts tonight,” Anna told him simply and went to get some meat and bread for the two of them.
“Bah,” he said down in his chair and crossed his arms, “we work all day on the farm, shouldn't we at least get homecooked meals?”
“Well,” Anna took a knife to the bread loaf, rather savagely in fact, “Marion's getting my uniform ready to go the the festival in town.”
“What about the farm?” He asked, his hand motioning to the door. “It's not going to take care of itself!”
“I'm only going to be gone for one day, you know. Besides, Marion insisted I go, want some?” She held up one of the slices she hacked off with the knife and Eustace took it from her.

“Thank you,” he say and grabbed some sausage. “You know,” he said pointing the knife at her before turning it towards cutting the sausage, “don't let that Peter boy stick anything in you.”
Anna choked on the food she was eating“Eustace!” was her first word when she finally was able to swallow
“What?” He held up his hands in an innocent manner, still holding the food and knife. “Listen, I don't like that boy.”
“What's he ever done to you?” She asked him, still incredibly red in the face.
“Nothing, but he's wouldn't be good for you,” Eustace was now preparing his own food while talking, “He doesn't know what he wants to do, but he's not going to leave this area. Mark my words, Marion says I don't know people but I do.”
“Why does that mean he wouldn't be good for me?” She asked leaning back in her chair, not willing to eat anymore until she could be sure he wouldn't say something like his first line again. “I mean, I don't know what I want to do either.”
“Listen Girl,” he leaned in, pushing his food to the side. “I think everyone has their destiny, and I don't know where yours is, but it ain't here, got that?”
She was slightly taken aback by that but nodded before starting to eat again “O-ok.”
“But if he wants to put it in your butt, that's your business.” He said just in time for her to choke again.

Snowflake question: would it be acceptable to use devoid spells, not creatures, without having any connection to the eldrazi, for what the card itself represents? Like pic related, could I use that if the flake's themes otherwise meshed up with it?

case by case. I think that one is okay

cool beans.
Also, what would you say is "too many" spells, or at least the suggested upward max number for character sheets?

I try to limit mine to one or two from each deck and then three artifacts

What if we're not basing the character off a deck or set of decks?

Then think about what kind of decks they would run and go from there.

Devoid magic is very much a particular brand that's Eldrazi-like (except for the ones that Ugin uses). I would personally suggest that you could use them, but that you would flavor them differently.

>Planeswalker that activates on the turn of others
Stupid and broken. Even if you added "At the beginning of your upkeep remove a Loyalty counter from X" the fact you can use it in someone else's turn makes it way too strong.

Oh certainly, I'd be flavoring it as using weird magic and strong will to achieve unnatural results, such as the denial of one's self being wounded or the refuting that one's self is weak enough to be harmed, as would be represented by that card.
It's for Ka'koarm, whose all willpower, mind-over-matter to astronomical extremes and horror themed.

>whose
*who is