Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Lost Hope Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
>pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19)
>paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Old bread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s-45NTlgp-o
d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/elixir-of-life
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So with the release of Unchained and D&D 5e, when can we expect the release of Pathfinder 2nd Edition?

What the fuck, is that an image for ants?

A mass exodus to other, better systems
Because unlike WotC who actually actively tried to better their game in its later stages, Paizo is a rancid piece of fucked up filth who is so totally deluded it needs to put out of its misery

What would be some good encounters for PCs on an airship? Level doesn't matter too much for this, I just need things that could be encountered in the clouds above an ocean.

I've asked before and nobody bit, does anybody want to help me out with a sphere caster? I'm trying to figure out how best to build a shape shifter and all I really have is the shifter class.

Air pirates

I don't even have the faith left to hope for a total rewrite, I am so confident in their ability to ruin good ideas.

dear /pfg/ and Veeky Forums

How do I run a hexcrawl well?

Harpies from a nearby mountain?

Martials should be able to full attack and move in the one action, this should be a given
Fuck you and fuck off if you think differently

It depends on what you wanna do besides shapeshifting.

Shifters are still 3/4 casters outside of Alteration, so they can still do decent magic elsehwere. It's just down to what you want to do.

Chill out brah

Guys, how bad of idea is maneuvers working kinda like psionic powers and using stamina?

>What the fuck, is that an image for ants?
This is obviously ant edition pfg.
Also for that dsp discussion I have to say I like pow 1 and psionics unleashed more then alot of the newer stuff.
You have stuff like the bushi, harbinger, and other just really strong initiators with really good recovery, before the strongest recovery was warlord, whom did not get as many toys as the others which helped balance it out. Alot of the feed back I gave in the pow2 play test I felt was ignored or openly mocked by the people writing the parts I critiqued. And over all pow2 feels like a huge jump in power over pow1 in my opinion. Then you have stuff like arc forge which just got silly. Overall the newer stuff lacks the polish of the older stuff.

Chinese dragons in the clouds!
Other airships!
A legendary pilot who was lost ages ago on her journey around the world!
A mirage zone and cabin fever!
Ham!

Honestly, yeah. Except ranged. Ranged already gets enough good shit on that end.

Why would I bother using lower level maneuvers when I can spam higher level ones?

Cost is an answer, but the faster I end fights, the less taxing it would be. It needs another reason besides "higher maneuvers cost more"

Warlord didn't get less toys at all. Gambits are really fucking stroganoff and the class is STILL the strongest initiator by far.

What would I use for that? I was thinking Wyvern riders, Fire Emblem style, but it would be difficult to make the riders more threatening than the mounts without making an epic level encounter.

I like this one. They're fast enough to catch up with the ship eventually, and I can use a shit ton of them.

It's going to be a prototype airship, and I've written myself into a corner by making True Dragons extinct in my setting as far as they know

>Gambits are really fucking stroganoff

Hungry there, user?

Watch this youtube.com/watch?v=s-45NTlgp-o

js' dont kill the bird waifus and you'll be fine ;)

That or my phone is.

I'd say that the mystic is the second stroganoffest class in PoW, but in direct combat, warlord blows them out of the water.

Can I get a full sized version of that picture? It looks funny.

The airship will have ballistae. Many birdfus will perish.

mfw

Is a creature who fails his save against a harpy's captivating song condiered helpless for Coup de Grace?

Can someone post a human sized version of this image?

Thank you.

I want to roll a 15 points build occultist human that is old (-2 to physical stats and +2 to mental ones).
Any advice?

-3 physical, the penalties and bonuses stack with age categories.

>user wants to kill dirty mutants
>Gets called heretical

Please report to your local Commissar for summary execution at once.

heresy is subjective
after all, we need these mutants
harpy eggs are a delicacy.

First for Shuguru x Elsbeth as /pfg/ canon ship.

No, ew, disgust

nigger you fucked

i think so- it's kinda bad form to coup de grace players that'll die from it. that's just my opinion though.

your choice tho

So is Pathfinder Society full of people who think fighters can wreck their games yet spell casters of all sorts are fine as is?

>Great Cleave?! You want to punch things!? We can't have that now.

>The Philosopher's Stone, huh? 50,000 free Gold every month?

>Good for you!

>wtf grognak you got to level 20 barbarians aren't supposed to do that

>gtfo grognak you minmaxing cheater
pic unrelated

Yes, but there will be unimportant, nameless NPCs for them to murderize

Why is she puking fucking rainbows

sounds cool then bruv, good luck

Unicorn fellatio.

Honestly, they'll probably be around level 10 or 11 when this happens, so they'll likely just slaughter the filthy birds anyway. It will mainly be about protecting precious cargo.

Just pick the skeleton-making necromancy implement and then make it Large with the transmutation implement. You have achieved the bare minimum contribution level of a martial character now, and also have spells and other shit to choose as you like.

Either because she's a goddess or because of what she was drinking. I'm not sure.

Well, trips for truth I guess.

>Oh yeah baby, suck that horn.

I'm not sure what the player would want to do, most of our casting needs are taken care of with a sorcerer, summoner, and alchemist but it's more a question of what's just good in general.

They sound like the sort of people you'd think would only post on Veeky Forums to troll and fuck with you but they probably believe every bit of that.

Are artifacts even handed out in PFS?

It's not handed out. Level 20 Alchemists can just shit out a philosopher's stone once a month.

Doesn't matter. Alchemists can make Philosopher's Stones when they hit level 20 anyway for no cost.

Oh, but PFS only goes up to level 12, doesn't it? Seems like a bad argument to make against PFS when there are plenty (and I mean plenty) of better ones.

So what happened to that dead unicorn that you find in kingmaker?

see
Really.
They can create a Philosopher's Stone..

For free.
Once a month.

It can also True Ressurect people if mixed with a 'cure ___ wounds' potion.

btw speaking of alchemists

what's the best alchemist grand discovery?

Yes but they got less class features and less maneuvers readied, also bushi has the strongest recovery with its free action that can be applied ontop of gambits or harbinger which gets flight as a class ability in addition to swift action recovery that has no down side.
Also mystic has automatic recovery which costs no action if you have ubiquitous maneuvers.

Animators didnt feel like drawing vomit.

They can already make a True Res potion that even auto-resurrects them on death.

Philosopher's Stone

I don't see how that's relevant for PFS when you'll never get above level 12

In what way?

d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/alchemist/discoveries/paizo---alchemist-discoveries/elixir-of-life

Still costs 25000 gp, the cost of a True Res.

And if you use the autorevive, it only works as normal Resurrection.

And only lasts days equal to your Int mod. So if you don't die in that time, that's 25000gp WASTED.

Well, first of all you gotta pull 25k out of your ass

Second of all you're gonna be resurrecting...
in front of the people who killed you. Can be good sometimes, sometimes won't be, who knows?
Also, question: Anyone got vague ideas for monetary rewards?

Does the PoW Stalker's Deadly Strike get multiplied on a crit?

Does the crit that starts the Deadly Strike als gain bonus damage?

no
no

I dunno, seems like a match made in heaven.

Flying sharks.

Sure, if heaven were run by Qlippoths seeking the destruction of all that is

Terrifying. I like it. How did they learn to fly?

Half dragon template

They started flapping, obviously.

Wizard did it.
Come on, basic logic.

Harpies with crossbows.

A dragon they accidentally stumbled into the territory of.

If it's a normally friendly dragon, he could just stop by to tell them to please leave, as he doesn't wish to crash their ship. Would be an interesting diplomatic encounter.

I will be using some combination of these.

A good idea, but unfortunately, see

Crossbows with Harpies

>A good idea, but unfortunately
A flight of wyverns then. they're pretty dumb, so they may not understand more nuanced diplomacy.

Eh. Shipping one tittymonster with another is hardly groundbreaking.

I mean really.

If anything, it would make her fit into Golarion more than she already does.

Trips do agree with you, and everyone in the party speaks Draconic. It may work.

Other ideas include
>Flying into a magical storm and attracting elementals.
>Dire Seagulls
>A really, REALLY big tentacle with an assortment of sahagin stuck to it.
>A flying ghost ship full of undead pirates.
>Goblins with rockets.

Ne, do Occultist Sacred Implements actually GIVE you the bonus Focus Power, or just add it to the list of choices you can make? It's not exactly clear.

Probably both.
She's... Let's just say taking a goddess with him on an adventure was the dumbest decision the MC ever took, and that's if you include how he died in the first place.

How does Vigilante's Close the Gap talent interact with the Mad Rush talent? Just take -2 off the -4 penalty?

She's a great character, she progresses the plot so much! Megumin still best

Good job saving the thumbnail OP

Why do best girls always lose?

Friend I like the way you think.

>"Whenever he uses this ability, he takes
a –4 penalty to his AC until the start of his next turn (in addition to the AC penalty for charging)."

In addition to. It's a separate penalty, not an increase to 4.

Megumin doesn't lose, she wins as long as she casts more explosion spells. Megumin is not for sexualizing!

A'ight.

Because they're too good and must suffer for it.

You know, I actually thought of including an accidental detour through the Plane of Air. The magical storm could work really well.

I generally don't care much for abilities gained at level 20 - I have yet to see a PF game ever go past 15, even online.