Small questions that didn't deserve their own thread

but now they can be asked here.

Are there other high-flying role-playing games like Exalted?

Nobilis

Anima.

Is there some sort of standard procedure for writing and publishing adventure paths?
Has anyone actually done this?

Do golems dream of construct sheep?

According to the Anvilrunner, they do!

Do adventurers dream of golden sheep?

should a good roleplayer be expected to successfully recreate all of his bodily functions? If my character is an impressive belcher, will my GM think less of me if I can't let one loose on demand?

Yes. Bring a diaper.

Im used to having a co gm. What do you do when it makes logical sense for the part to split up but cant let them split without one half sitting on their asses while you run the other half?

What are the best systems for interesting melee combat?

Cut back and forth a lot. Have the other group play NPCs.

Riddle of Steel

corollary to this: what system has the best gunplay?

Godbound

Wrong OP image m8

You mean for the D&D DM guild thing?

Sorry, higher quality version

Alternative to Dnd 5e?

Gurps
Add high tech, gun fu splats.

In what way?

Gurps dungeon fantasy

Same setting different system
No ty

13th Age for high fantasy.
Shadow of the Demon Lord for regular fantasy or grimdark.
Dungeon World for "i just wanna go into a place as a fighter and hit things" or if you like the PbtA system.

Depending on what you want out of a fantasy game, any one of those is strictly superior to 5e.

>Same setting different system
Then no? You have all the other editions to work with

High fantasy

Anima

Anima can even be used to play exalted, except with better combat

Then 13th Age is what you want.

There's a free SRD at www.13thagesrd.com

I am looking something that pleases me and my players,we tried playing warhammer as an alternative to 5e, I loved warhammer fantasy combat and talents, my players disliked how character advancement and classes are managed there, i was looking for an in-between

savage worlds

Shadow of the Demon Lord is perfect for you then. It's written by Robert Schwalb.
What's he best know for working on, you may ask?
Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2e, and DnD4e and 5e.

The game is a merging of those. It's probably less crunchy than either, but still tactically interesting.

I want to play a cyberpunk game, but I want something that's pro-transhumanist, so Shadowrun's already out of the equation.
What's good for me?

I want to run/play a system that plays something like the Darkest Dungeon video game. Sanity effects, but the characters aren't complete squishballs and can take the fight directly with cosmic horrors, but at the same time they aren't ridiculous DnD/Pathfinder/etc superheroes. Is the Call of Cthulhu game good for this, are there other systems with sanity rules and something with the general power level I'm looking for?

eclipse phase for sleeving/uplift society

GURPS ultratech for whatever you feel like writing as our own setting

GURPS dungeon fantasy plus Horror

Warhammer fantasy 2nd edition

Shadow of the Demon Lord (see above) or Torchbearer.
Torchbearer literally has you measuring your light level, it's as close to Darkest Dungeon as you can get.

how is shadow of the demon lord combat and advancement?

Combat - reminiscent of DnD, except initiative works differently.
Players always go before enemies.
Play goes 'player fast turn - enemy fast turn - player slow turn - enemy slow turn'.
You take a slow turn instead of a fast turn if you want to move+action.

Advancement is actually pretty cool. It's level-based, ten levels.
You start as a level 0 nobody.
At level 1 you pick to be a Warrior, Rogue, Priest or Mage as a basic class, which gives a few bonuses as you level.
At level 3 you get to pick an Expert class out of 16. There are no restrictions besides what makes sense for you. You can be a Warrior-Wizard or a Mage-Paladin.
At level 7 you pick a Master class out of 64, or a second Expert class. Again, no restrictions. You can be a Rogue-Witch-Zealot or a Mage-Cleric-Acrobat.

Anyone here have experience with Hero System? I'm having trouble balancing mook and notable enemy stats with the party. Any advice would be appreciated.

dont stat them up, so much as have a vague idea of their abilities. nerf as appropriate during encounters

It's the GURPS rule of tens

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, first time posting on this board. But I was playing Eclipse for the first time today, and had basically won when one of the players had lost all hope to win and during the last turn went full kamikaze against my best tile. Which is fully possible in this game thanks to the turn system and bankruptcy not mattering when you're losing anyway. Is doing this frowned upon or accepted? Do people tend to make up house rules to prevent these situations?

I must admit I was slightly miffed, since one other player had a huge lead most of the game but then I managed to acquire the central tile and boosting myself a few points ahead of him.

riddle of steel is most accurate but is a touch clunky

codex martialis makes dnd bearable

Any good resources for running a Drow game in dnd 3.5 besides the Forgotten Realms Underdark books?

Also any place that might have elf/drow feat resources.

Nobody likes yugioh.

Pretty sure most people do

Pretty sure most people don't.

Lies, otherwise it stands out as an image and makes the threads easily identifiable

Best system for post apocalyptic zombie stuff?

Kill yourself

One shot, a few gimmick games or a campaign?

One shot.

All Flesh Must Be Eaten.

Liked the advancement but i really dislike Defensive score/Armor Class not beign able to parry dodge in an active way

You can take the Defend action in combat.

Running a Monster of the Week game for my girlfriends, one playing a half-fae Monstrous and one playing a human Wronged. Problem: they've both seen all of the X Files, and all of Supernatural, and Monstrous has seen all of Buffy. How do I come up with interesting or original mysteries?

The first session we did I wrote with a super-old vampire who turned out to have been Rasputin. They got help from a typical nerdy guy and his jock friend.

Second session was two parts, both outsourced. I wrote the scenario myself based on monsters I found on a Google+ group. First part was a Speed Demon and second was a Stillborn Cherub. That was their favorite.

I have what is to be the final scenario in the first "season" written (wherein W encounters their big bad) but I need more and I just dont like the pre-written encounters I've found.

>interesting or original mysteries
just because youre stealing from sources theyve seen, doesnt mean they:
end the same way
or
have the exact same methods

mix n match, man.

This is a well known problem with Eclipse, the losing players just want to go kamikaze. You can work up some houserules that can alter things (like not being permitted to go bankrupt on your final turn which fixes the inevitable last turn murder mayhem, etc) but there's also a number of other house rules that you can add in.

My friends and I, back when we were tripping balls over eclipse cause of how rad we all thought it was, we came up with a pretty comprehensive set of houserules that we found fixed a lit of perceived issues with the game. I don't remember most of them off the top of my head, but I do remember the most important one.

Removing all of the cannons aside from the 1 damage one is pretty huge. Taking out the two-damage and 4-damage (plasma and antimatter, if I recall correctly) pretty much instantly improves combat across the board (except for the central unit, which still gets the power cannons). With plasma and antimatter, science basically becomes a mad rush to get the most murder power and then none of the ships have enough shielding to withstand a hit from a fighter loaded with 2 antimatters and a targeting computer, it's ridiculous. Without plasma and antimatter, combat still remains balanced but it is also a lot more fun since it doesn't necessarily exclude anyone without antimatter cannons.

Otherwise, fuck around with the rules surrounding missiles a bit, too, that improves combat further.

Oh my gosh! completely unrelated, I'm just happy to see something i made as a pic on here!

Anyone have the small towns pdf?

I started a Worldbuilding thread that died quick due to cancerouse dump. Can I try again (some three weeks later) if I deliver this time?

GURPS

No I am not memeing.

you bet your ass.

What do you guys do when you have two npc's talking to each other? Do you get a co dm, or do you just act like a crazy person talking to yourself?

>What do you guys do when you have two npc's talking to each other?
If a PC isn't around to hear them, nothing. If a PC is around to hear them, talk give a brief summary of the conversation, making note of any key words or phrases.

Talk to yourself, duh.

This sounds really neat.

You talk to yourself, but like you would read a book.
- "Are you sure this is going to work?" -asked the man nervously
- "Don't worry, it will be a blast" -waved off the other

OP here. I saved it because it was the most amazing nature warrior I've ever seen.

Nevermind, found it.