Warhammer 40k General

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Forgot the Edition Edition...

Shamefur dispray

>chicken
>no edition
This thread is shit, someone make a new one.

>Posted just after a new thread got created.

So how do I deal with a friend who only builds cheese or WAAC lists, then complains when he loses to anything slightly competetive, regardless of if it is a close game or not? Last I saw, he brought like 9 riptides against an IG player who got a shit ton of plasma and melta and got his ass handed to him.

I swear to god he scooped on turn 3 and whined that plasma is OP because it bypasses his armour.

He's neither, but talking to him about it seems to have the opposite reaction, he's new to the game and a bit autistic, but I can't get through to him that losing is half the fun sometimes.

The 9 riptide spam came after a turn 7 victory with my Crons tipped him over the edge. He wanted to scoop on turn 4 while he was ahead and I only won because of an incredibly lucky d3 VP roll.

Then you have already tried. You can't force him to play a certain way and you already talked to him. Don't play him till he sorts his shit out.

>WAAH! WAAH THE OP ISN'T EXACTLY HOW I WANT IT.
Stop ruining threads with your nonsense.

It was Kill Points and I did mention he also builds cheese lists. Like melee Tau.
That didn't end well either.

I want to set up a solo game so I can take a turn while breaking from painting, but I only have one army

And of course I can't paint my army and play it at the same time

I am seriously considering it, but I'm a bit starved for opponents myself at the moment.

I just want something that tells us about the mundane things going on with regular citizens, fashion, trends, hobbies, shit like that.

Play kill team with the models you've finished. That shouldn't take very many.

>Melee Tau
That's not cheese, that's just garbage. When will the "onagermander is good" meme end?

Stop playing with him. Others will also stop playing with him. He'll grow up, or stay a faggot. Either way its not your problem.

Anyone fielding 9 Riptides is a gigantic douchebag anyways. Steer clear of him.

>onagermander
What?

Doesn't mean you should tolerate his behavior. We had a kid (maybe 16) that used to bring a three Knight army at 1500 and after he lost five out of five games he threw a tantrum in the middle of the store. Everyone told him to grow up and that he can't expect games to be won right away but he wouldn't hear it. He dropped by a few more times for pickup games when 40k was going on and everyone said nah. Eventually he sold off his knights and got an IG army and has thus grown up and become a much better player.

There are so many more fun things to be competitive about. Having played sports all my life, I'll never understand competitive 40k.

Its not competitive when one guy has a shit ton of advantages over another guy.

Dont try pointing that out to waac tards though.

Oh, fun. Playing with the points like you suggest, it actually comes out to a nice 995. I like the attack bike attack squad and the all heavy bolter overwatch speeder team, but unfortunately I think that's one more land speeder than I own.

...maybe, I'll have to dig around.

I plan on getting more black knights to fill out the command squad regardless as they're definitely the most effective unit on the field.

I know I should be into grav, but I just feel cheesy about it. I prefer melta and plasma (though plasma is just priced poorly to regular ravenwing compared to black knights).

In escalating to 1500 and then 2000 with my space wolf bro for games, I'm thinking of adding in my Nephilim jet and and my full twelve regular bikers, then my knight errant and sammael.

It's either that or go halvsies and fill in with a minimal deathwing strikeforce of interro-chap, asscan terminators, and deathwing knights.

If I tried to run this 1500 point Imperial Navy cheese list, would anybody play against it?

Sisters of Battle Combined Arms Detachment
- Canoness, Storm Bolter: 60 pts
- Battle Sister Squad: 60 pts
- 2x Battle Sister Squad, Heavy Flamer + Combi-Plasma: 140 pts
- Retributor Squad, Heavy Bolters: 100 pts
- Imperial Bunker, Comms Relay: 75 pts

Imperial Navy Heavy Bomber Wing
2x Marauder Destroyer, Armored Cockpit + Hellstrike Missiles: 1040 pts

I guess that's a thought. The models I've finished versus the models that are built but not yet ready for painting, while I paint the models that are already primed.

Not only would I play against it, I would fucking wreck it with my flyer-heavy army.
Now if only I had a flyer-heavy army.

>Nephilim jet
Will force the entire Ravenwing Strike Force into reserves. I don't even bring more than 6 regular bikers until ~3000. Black Knights do it better. See that plasma on your Deathwing, Black Knights do it better. That is the name of the game. Perhaps order the plasma talon bits and put that on the regular bikes.

Sweet sweet Corvus Hammer, Battle-Brother.

Sammael is good in that he garuntees my favorite warlord trait but I ahve found him lack luster (except in the model department in which he takes the case). You are going to want an Interro Chap on a bike, they are fantastic giving zealot to your command squad can be huge and with a Mace of Redemption he swings a big dick.

I also like the Techmarine on bike with servo harness at lower points opposed to a librarian. It provides a bit more ap2 and can pack a good punch in the assault.

I have 24 Black Knights total.

Are codex space marine armies with Terminators shit?

In any sort of competitive setting, no. Casually they are "alright"

>Carnifex - 110 pts
>WS3/BS2/S9/T6/W4/I2/A4/Ld7/3+
>No +1 attacks from CC weapons
>Scything Talons work like in 5th edition
>d3 HoW
>BS3 is and upgrade of 10 pts/model
I had nothing better to do...

How else does one build a melee Tau army?

uhm that could work, gotta see if i can find some cheap minis, see if they look good and most important if they fit nicely with cadian legs/torsos/arms

Ok, let me rephrase.
Who?

Did you miss what happened to the last guy who started bitching about the OP?
Just learn to deal with it, and if it truly bothers you a whole bunch, make the next general

Commander with an Onager Gauntlet

Not an Onagermander. Get Farsight, Brightsword, and another Commander with Fusion Blades. They can each lead a team of naked crisis suits into assaults. Include vectored retro thrusters for hit & run along with gun drones for the occasional pinning and extra initiative.

Consider Carbine teams of Fire warriors to thrown Blind grenades as well and force more pinning tests.

I'd thought they fixed that reserve thing in some faq or errata. Oh well, guess not. I do like the Nephilim purely for the asshole Top Gun hot shot pilot fluff. I know they fixed the biker hq at least. Use the eye of preferred enemy with the command squad? Cause that seems like an obvious choice for me.

Also, that is a lot of black knights.

I cannot lie, I bought Ravenwing because of how Sammael looks almost exclusively.

It's too bad no one else is as efficient as the black knights are, I'd really like to make some more use of the regular bikers. They look nice on the table making the command squad look fancier.

Speaking of which, here's my wip champion for funsies.

Question, what is the original chapter that blood ravens belong to? Or is that still unknown? If yes than what is the best chapter tactics to give them that make sense lore wise?

Unknown, give them some CT that allows them to infiltrate shit or give them counter-attack as thats what their old CT used to do.

Technically unknown. Strongly hinted to be Thousand Sons.

Chapter tactics is pretty debatable. I'd personally say Raven Guard with a Libraries conclave to load up on a bunch of psykers

Look up the Severan Dominate.

They seriously need to give them an official Chapter Tactic that allows them to "borrow" any Relic from any Chapter.

I want to start getting into Tau, but not super cheesy spammy shit Tau. I'd like to go for more of a stealth-oriented army, with a good amount of stealth suits and a ghostkeel or two. Is something like that viable?

Also, what would be a good first purchase for around $120? Should I shoot for grabbing the Start Collecting! Tau box and add something to it?

How's the Knight Warden? I'm assuming it's the Knight that benefits most from BS5 since it isn't a template, but should I use the chainsword or the gauntlet?

start collecting box and optimized stealth cadre box

You'd gain a lot ofboard presence with the infiltration for sure and get a very strong start depending on the mission, but the lack of heavy hitters is going to hurt late game if you don't bring them.

Ariptide or three for the squad bonus is fine, no-one is gonna call you a WAAC fag for that. Unless you're against the weaker armies, but then they didn't stand much of a chance regardless, Riptides or not.

I play a Tau army like that. Lots of infantry and stealth suits with pathfinder and sniper support. I have one ghostkeel, but I only use it when I really need the big guns.

It works pretty well. Your units are a bit closer range and more vulnerable to charges so good positioning and mobility is important.

The start collecting box along with a Stealth suit box would be a solid start of an army. Be sure to assemble some of the drones you get as marker drones as well.

>Will force the entire Ravenwing Strike Force into reserves.
Pretty sure the caveat is that everything must either be deployed in reserve or "as standard", which is in reserve for the jet and on the table for everyone else. To my understanding that wouldn't force everyone else in reserve.

Don't take a Riptide or Optimized Stealth cadre like or suggest unless you're building a tournent level list. You'll be just fine without that cheese.

never take the gauntlet. its never worth it

>Play a Kill Points game with friend
>He is clearly winning around Turn 5
>We decide to play the turn out
>Enough lucky rolls turn it around and I win with the advantage

Fucking overwatch killed most of his army. Never seen that shit happen before, never will again.

The Gauntlet is Colossal so you'd be fighting at I1 and the throw is a fancy gimmick at best (but realy funny, cool and kinda fluffy even) If you want an effective weapon, go for the D-Sword

Is it me or are there a shit ton of anons starting Tau armies? Tau seem to be the most discussed army in /40kg/ since their codex + supplement came out.

Is Veeky Forums full of tiny-dicks?

They're shit. Worthless in competative. Better to take two tacticals than a single Termy.

Blood Angels are more usable due to +1S on the charge, unfortunately it won't get them to S10, thus making them not amazing. However you can put a Sanguinary Priest in with them for FnP, so slightly better. However, you're better off taking tooled out DC than Termies.

Dark Angels are OK.

Fuck off. The guantlet is the most badass weapon a Knight can take. Even better that its not 'optimal', and triggers waac faggots.

>Is it me or are there a shit ton of anons starting Tau armies?
just you
>Tau seem to be the most discussed army in /40kg/ since their codex + supplement came out.
whiners love to whine and tau players love to boast about their shit and build their shitty lists
>Is Veeky Forums full of tiny-dicks?
of course. fat people tend to have smaller dicks because their fat.

Why do you care?

Have a (You), shitposter-kun.

I love my terminators because my meta has a lot Tyranid players and I love to watch a mostly Terminator army wade through a sea of xenos.

But they're not that great outside of casual settings.

Is the Optimized Stealth Cadre seen as OP? I'll be honest, it was something I was looking at making, just because the fluff behind it seemed pretty cool.

no, its not

>Already have 5 wraithlords

I only like wraith units and wraithguard are such a pain in the ass to put together

I just want a Wraithlord hq that makes wraihlords troop choices. Also wraithlords coming in squads of up to 3

Take a Renegade Knight with two Gatling Cannons instead.

Here's the the basic outline of my list.

CCS, likely with Straken, in a chimera.

50 man blob, with flamers, autocannons and melta bombs, likely a priest or two, a grenade strapped xeno inquisitor, a primaris psyker, Azrael and Harath, because that's a lot of bullshit.

PCS with either flamers or meltas, probably flamers because BS 3.

Vets with either flamers or meltas, probably meltas because BS 4.

2x 5 scouts hanging back with cloaks to sit on objectives and make Harath and Azrael available.

The giant blob unit is probably retarded because it'll be a lot of points, but I wanna try it out and see what kind of clusterfuck it's gonna be at least once. Local meta fluctuates between hard cheese, retardation and fluff. Now I'm just gearing my list around this. My question is, how do I build Straken's CCS? Full meltas, to jump out and meltas/plasma/flamers to quickly fuck vehicles/TEQs/enemy blobs, or capitalize on relentless to give his unit an autocannon and a plasma/sniper and keep him in the chimera where I want him to grant counter assault and furious charge and give orders to the blob?

He probably won't be necessary, but just imagine a blob of guardsmen charging monstrous creatures with hammerhand+furious charge and rad grenades. They'll he wrecking T6 monstrous creatures on 4+, possibly rerollable 4+. Against anything that doesn't fuck with FNP, they'll get 4++, possibly rerollable, and 4+ FNP.

Taufag detected. Already on the defensive too.

[spoilers]its because in their hearts they know they are waac faggots. the super-sensitive and defensive postures are a reaction to the buried self-loathing[/spoiler]

They fixed it in that you can't interpret it the fun way anymore from what I remember. I like my Dark Talons just for the luls. In a 5000pt game I brought three of them in a second Ravenwing Strike Force with my deathstar in it and auto arrive them turn 2. Good stuff.

The best way to use the bikers if you plan on bringing a lot are in the attack squadrons. Melta Bikers and Melta Landspeeders or Grav bikers and Typhoon Missile Launcher Landspeeders.

Your paint job looks clean, the white looks a bit thick but I know that feel. I made a successor chapter, the traditional colours are cool and you are certainly better than I.

Sorry to people who may get triggered by my old wip pic.

Tau are an army just like any other one. They aren't even the top army out there, SMs and Eldar are (and boy I tell you, there are a lot more SMs then Tau players). So calm yo tits and try to enjoy life instead of being a salty bastard.

>he can't even do spoilers correctly

Also, I'm not a Taufag. I play Chaos Space Marines

Ghostkeels are cheese, Ghostkeels shooting rear armor from the front is double cheese.

Lol nigger please. The OSC rules arent the most powerful in the game, buy they are absolute horseshit, and any grown man should be ashamed to play that formation.

Iron hands terminators
Through fist of medusa strike force
Take 1st company task force, all terminators
Attach an IC to each squad
Free 5+ FNP

>You'll never crush heretics another way ever again

By some people. Shooting the back of vehicles really eliminates a lot of need for positioning and makes them more braindead.

Ok the forces:

Imperium:
>Unbound
Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor, Psyker Upgrade
7 man Tactical Squad, plasma gun
7 man Tactical Squad, plasma gun

Chaos:
>Unbound
Chaos Lord (no upgrades)
Chaos Terminators, combimelta for champ, 1 lightning claw, 1 power fist
Cultists, shotgun, flamer
Cultists, 9 autoguns

the two forces should be about equal on points

I will set up the terrain and roll for the mission, then maybe post a picture of the table idk

It was a typo. Way to be a typical Taufaggot though.

There's much better ways to use that detachment.

The formation is fine fagainst me because i don't use vehicles. Bahahahaha. Loser.

You're a liar user. No CSM player would use the term 'shitposter-kun'. You are balls deep in Taufaggotry, and theres no hiding it.

>Iron hands
>terminators
Beep boop does not compute.

And really, its all about you isnt it.

It's a conspiracy by Taufags to try and make all Chaos players look likewhiny fags, i mean we are with the shitty Codex and all, but at least we don't defend this kind of shit!

how are Eldar >Tau?

The Riptide & Crsis Battlesuits make Tau immediate toptier.

The tau box is technically the most cost efficient box and the tau themselves are the weaboo army of choice.

That's beautiful.

>You're somewhat overestimating the usefulness of Gauss. On average, you might get one or two glances in a volley.
As someone who used a lot of killing blow and poison in fantasy and mortal wound stuff in AOS I'm pretty much addicted to auto wound stuff.

>They fixed it in that you can't interpret it the fun way anymore
Double checked and I was wrong, my group ruled it the other way as it seemed a bit strong otherwise. Usually I just deploy them in a Silence Squadron.

Sounds good. I was debating giving them IF or ultra tactics

>auto-wound.

user, I think you might also like the Skitarii Vanguard's Radiation guns.

Double wounds on 6's.

Do you even play B-Baka??!

Seriously though, Eldar are better in nearly every way. Wraithknights are sturdier and have better fire power than Tau, Wraithguard get the D and can be spammed, Warp Spiders spam Str 7 and fill up the whole battlefield, and then there is scatbikes.

Tau are tied with Necrons for place 3/4, Eldar are straight up Tier 1. I have seen Eldar table top Tau armies before, they are that much better.

Scatbikes, Wraith knights, the D.

Ultras would work pretty well. Its basically the codex tactics, and is even the reward for their big formation.

user wanted termies that didn't suck
So termies with free FNP works in that regard

>Infinite techmarines
>Scions of mars
>At least 10k years of time
Nah, not only do they have their stockpiles once more, but they give less fucks than they used to.

I don't complain about formations because I'm not a big fat baby.

>and boy I tell you, there are a lot more SMs then Tau players

You mean than.

And the amount of players is irrelevant. The amount of cheeselords is what matter. A vast majority of Tau players are faggots. This isn't a problem with space marines since space marines are numerous specifically because the faglords play them IN ADDITION to all the new players and casuals who play them.

The only way SM is better than Tau is with grav spam and/or the new psychic powers. Even Battle Company without grav isn't anything amazing other than being able to gather more objective points than you.

Necrons also suffer this problem since with or without Decurion they have ridiculously strong units and rules.

Naturally faggoty armies: Eldar, Tau, Necrons, Imperial Knights
Faggoty armies that require purposeful faggotry: Space Marines, Daemons

The problem with Tau is this:

They utterly stomp casual metas, which is where the vast majority of Tau players reside. The Tau players themselves tend to be the type that justifies, or is in denial of his poor sportsmanship (waac).

The top competitive list are superior to the top Tau lists though. So Tau arent heavyweights in the tourney scene. They are content to just shit all over friendly metas, fueling the evergrowing distaste for Tau among communities around the world.

Any space marine army that takes grav is cheese. Conclave is cheese too as well as bikes and centurions, oh and of course their flyers too. Skyhammer and any formations as well. Also if they take a knight it's also cheese. Sounds good to me.

Necrons outside of Decurion are mid-tier quite honestly, on the higher end for sure, but a CAD + a formation or two can't stand against Tau, Eldar or new Marines.

>The only way SM is better than Tau is with grav spam and/or the new psychic powers
what nigger? doesnt grav wound on your opponents armour save? that makes it completely mediocre against alien factions, and excellent against other marines.

if you wanna purge the aliens you need to learn the way of the heavy flamer, and in the case of tau you just need one thing.

Ironclad Dreadnought

>butthurt Tau fag exaggerating and bullshitting to make himself feel better

At least accept the fact that youre a bitch user. You'll get a semblence of respect that way. Pretending you arent bringing a ton of advantages (vs most armies) to the table just makes people hate you. Embrace and admit what you are.

Lies. Gravcannons are superior to all heavy weapons against all targets, with the exception of Heavy Bolters against 6+ or worse armor, and even then its very close.

Grav murders everything.

>Grav doesnt own Tau MC's
>use AV to beat Tau

Holy shit man, the depths of Taufag stupidity. Astonishing.

Hey, can I get some feedback on a list? It's Tyrant's Legion, so it's probably not that great, but it's just for a quick casual game.

HQ
>Carnac Commodus - 105 pts
>4x Auxilia Bodyguards and Tribune w/ carapace armour, krak grenades and heavy weapon team - 110 pts

ELITES
>10x Retaliators w/ Rhino, meltagun and power maul - 240 pts

TROOPS
>10x Auxilia Armsmen w/ Chimera, meltagun, krak grenades and a meltabomb - 155 pts
>30x Legion Auxilia w/ x3 flamers - 115 pts
>15x Legion Space Marines w/ 2x heavy bolters

HEAVY SUPPORT
>Contemptor Dreadnought w/ Extra Armour, Heavy Flamer and Kheres Assault Cannon - 210 pts
>2x Rapier Laser Destroyers w/ Prefect - 75 pts
>2x Basilisks - 250 pts

I was thinking of getting rid of the rapiers and some other gear and go for some dedicated heavy armour instead, as this list is mostly infantry with only a few transports. Or maybe just go "fuck it" and spent it on more auxilia for maximum pink tide.

Don't play tau. I just like pissing off imperial players. Fact is, Space Marines are top with Eldar now. You either put up or you shut up. No excuses for your whining fatty. Either play hard or don't play those people. No point in your childish whining. You might want to get some exercise to make you feel better.

random roll has determined the mission to be Eternal War: The Relic with Dawn of War deployment zones.

The inquisition won the roll for deployment zones and has chosen the east side for their deployment, thinking the minefield will limit the angles at which the cultists can approach the objective.

To spite the Inquisition, the Chaos force opted for the night fighting rule. He only rolled a 1 though, so the night fighting rules will not be used.

>Everyone is bitching about Tau but 2/3 of the Tau players at the shop won't face my Ravenwing anymore

I am realizing more and more that my shop has a bit of a competitive meta.

Lascannon is S9, Marine is BS4, so a lascannon needs a 5 to hit, right? Why even take lascannons then?

Thanks guys, since I'm allying to Imperial Fists, I feel obligated to take fists whenever possible.

Read the rulebook properly.

grav cannons sure, but the lack of range is pretty lame.

a lot of my tactics around beating tau involves faith in the emperor and them having bs 3

you'd be surprised how often this works

Ravenwing is just as bad as Tau waac faggotry, but you won't hear people complain here. Nope. It's all about Marine players whining about tau here.