Board's been too negative lately

Board's been too negative lately.
Let's about our favorite type of players:

>giant black guy that plays elfgirls and doesn't take the game too seriously

>Fat piece of human trash /b/-tard(self described) that tends to play Paladins who just try their best to do right, but don't beat themselves up too when they screw up, and is a solid roleplayer in general.

>the one guy who comes up with the craziest ideas but manages to get the rolls to make them work until the GM just rage quits

I actually don't know many giants. Even fewer black ones. Where did you find him?

>Newbie whose shy but amazing when they try hard
>The black guy who delivers all of his dialogue like its a blaxploitation movie

Love my players

I love Great Black Otaku too user.

>that gal who always plays the scheming assholes with the badass monologues

worth putting up with the two resident idiots desu

>the two characters who roleplay really well and there's a conflict of interest
>schism starts in the party and these two characters have a massive falling out
>one of the characters quits the party (IC), shocking everyone
>as the GM I just look on in pleasure at this brilliant, organic narrative that arose with little to no intervention from me

>in general, watching character narratives arise from interacting with the world I built for them
warms the cockles of my heart

>Go to a mostly black school in the poor part of town. Only had a dozen white kids in each graduating class. (Was actually a pretty nice school.)
>As a reward for good grades, the class was allowed to pick a movie off of a list to watch, one Friday.
>"What's Monty Python and the Holy Grail?"
>I explain that it's a hilarious comedy about Arthurian Legend. I beg the class to just give it a try.
>"I don't know, man... It looks old."
>We all laughed our asses off together.
>After the movie's over, we start talking about medieval weapons and warfare, and fantasy stuff.
>I bring up D&D.
>"What's that?"
> next week, I bring the 3rd edition Player's Handbook, and a couple of the guys in that class start making characters.
>We continued that campaign for the rest of the year. It was pretty fuckin' cool.

Some of the coolest bros you'll meet are black guys that are into medieval fantasy stuff.

>brand new players
>easing them into rpgs
>some of them have played TES/Skyrim, some have played WoW

>PCs wandering around in a swamp near the King's Road, trying to locate a recent infestation of bandits
>troll/troglodyte thing (more like a sasquatch, desu, but a bit more than animal level intelligent) sneaks up on them
>it's MO is to grapple and strangle its' prey
>female nature priest player's first instinct is to offer it food, rather than try to kill it

A-grade role-playing straight out of the gate.
The group repeatedly came up with out of the box solutions, like trying to ambush a beholder-thing with a net from above, trying to trip up a giant spider with its webbing pulled from its spinneret and run around it snowspeeder style.
After years of GMing for hardcore RP guys whose idea of out of the box thinking was abusing rules in 3.5 fashion, these new guys really reinvigorated my desire to GM.

Didn't he die?

To that one player in your group that almost makes running the games worth it, thank you.
>Treats the game world like an actual world (posing a contest about the weirdest tale to look for local rumors, instead of going straight for plot, treats NPC's like characters despite the negative reputation, etc.)
>Doesn't complain when inconvenienced (Gets caught without his main weapons and armor due to unexpected events on both the GM and player's side, plays through anyway, doesn't even ask if he can retcon having them, takes it perfectly in character.)
>Has clear and reasonable motivations (do honorable deeds for his house, marry the girl he has a crush on.)
I wish I could run a game with like four of him.

>tfw you're a gm's favorite player (and beloved by the other players)

>Because you actually come up with good ideas every once in a while, and is a reasonable roleplayer.

>The GM that looks up a hard rule then shuts it and says,"Forget that crap! Here is how it's going to work..."
>And his rules work so well we always use that instead.

nah he's training for WWE

What? Dude no, he's a pro wrestler now. Look up The Shogun of the Row.

That's literally me. Not sure how to feel about that.

Did you eat your bootyo's?

You are a treasure.

Play a dwarf next time

bumping for the power of positivity

>having black people at your table

>playing a session with my family, to try and get them to understand my hobby
>boxer rebellion-era setting
>dad names his character Long Wang
>he greets every NPC as if he knows them
>he's actually role-playing and introducing things into the setting on his own, so I roll with it
>mom is trying to peacefully resolve everything, don't understand why we always have to fight
>sister is doing her thing, whatever
>mom's character starts hitting on dad's character
>they're actually having a nice romantic moment and shit
>some more stuff happens, they get called before the Governor
>dad: "...Hi, uncle. How's Aunt Ling doing?"

I think they had a good time too, I want to play another game with them. They always had to be reminded how many dice to roll and stuff, but they were better role-players than most everyone else I've played with.

A cute loli dwarf girl?

>Kinda slow player who roleplays as an evil mastermind and actually does really fucking good at it

I don't know if my friend is fucking with me or if I'm that predictable.

>that guy who plays seriously and tries to make clever plans who gets his shit pushed in by bad dice

Adds some comedy