Kantai Collection Quest: Pacific Strike 32

Twitter: twitter.com/MercCommand

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Kantai Collection Pacific Strike

Other Quests: pastebin.com/sYpqmWZg

You are the former United States Navy warship USS HOEL, now returned as a shipgirl and ready to kick Abyssal ass!

Currently, though, you were doing less actual combat operations and more repeated and numerous rehearsals for the big refloating ceremony for the USS Constitution, of which the President of the United States himself would be participating. Because of this, everything had to be picture perfect, as well as smoothly coordinated with the local authorities and the dozens upon dozens of security agencies being pulled in to protect both the event and the President. You swear that the entire Boston Harbor was practically being occupied by a small army.

Then again, your own role was simple enough. You'd all sail out and keep pace with the Constitution as it sailed out of the harbor for a few miles before turning around and returning to dock, past the huge and adoring crowds. Shouldn't take more than an hour or so.

Assuming nothing went wrong.

But with all the security in the harbor, and the presence of a full carrier battlegroup vigilantly guarding the open waters outside, chances of some kind of Abyssal attack were extremely low. Nevertheless, since the country was still in a state of open war, you and the rest of your task force were all authorized to carry live ammunition, just in case.

(cont)

"Excellent! Perfect!" Mr. Pearson, one of the White House's PR coordinates, clapped heartily and a bit over-zealously as you all returned to port from the last rehearsal of the day. "Just keep things like that and tomorrow's even will be perfect!"

"Ya know, with all this rehearsal, you'd think we'd at least see the President at least once!" Johnston pouted.

"The President is a busy man, dearie." Pearson tuts. "Not only does he have to run a global war effort, but he needs to keep the morale of the American people up, which means what little time he's not camping out in the war room, he's on the road trying to convince everybody the bad times are behind us!"

"He has a point." Heerman points out.

"Hrrrrrm." Johnston grumbles, not completely convinced.

"Well, we'll for sure see him tomorrow." Portland says quickly in an attempt to salve Johnston's hurt pride.

"Well, good work, girls, I'll see you all tomorrow at the event." North Carolina says simply and smoothly as she walks past you all. You're not sure why, but there's something about the way she walks. It's not robotic or rigid like her prim and proper demeanor would suggest. No, she GLIDES across the ground as easily as she sails across the sea, kind of like how a stage performer or actress knew how to move around, which seemed to add even more to the mystique surrounding her...

>Stick with your task force.
>Tag along with North Carolina.
>Other

>>Tag along with North Carolina.

Live, from Veeky Forums, it's FRIDAY NIGHT
New week, new event salt. Have you lost any ships yet?
WoWS 0.5.6 Public Tests have started, meaning an update and rebalans))) is due soon Speaking of which, and tales from the warships when Merc?

>Tag along with North Carolina.

North Carolina is probably going off to see the Captain, give them some privacy.

>Speaking of which, and tales from the warships when Merc?

Maybe after the thread!

>>Stick with your task force.

At least tell us which lines you've decided to suffer through

Now that you think about it, does anyone think that Iowa had to do a bit of an 'image change' after she came back for PR purposes?

The problem with this is battleship.

If the battleship doesn't want to do an image change there is nothing you can do to force her.

Well this Iowa seems to be somewhat serious, so at most I'm guessing she did one or two PR pieces

>Iowa came back in regular KanColle form and now has to have a more 'family friendly' image for Marketing.

"Sir, Morale has dropped throughout the ranks ever since she changed outfits!"

>tales from the warships
Is this referencing you playing WoWS?

Assuming Merc is using her KC design as opposed to something somewhat original (Which archetype was she again? Like Big E=Janice, and SC=Jenner)

>more 'family friendly' image
As if that would ever stop horny sailors

I think she didn't have an archetype, since this was before canon Iowa was released, and her character was more serious and straight-laced than the silly one KC officially gave us

You decide to tag along with North Carolina. You were genuinely curious about learning more about the cool and distant battleship. She was kind of the polar opposite of Iowa, who was always very warm and joyful, and you guess you could say a bit "rustic". North Carolina on the other hand always seemed to be very serious and calm, like she was always in control of the situation. It was probably why she was considered the fleet's second best battleship, slightly behind Iowa, of course. You give a quick farewell to your task force as you dash after North Carolina.

"Hey! NC!" You wave happily. "Where you going off to?"

"Well," North Carolina turns and gives you a very serious stare, as if measuring every part of you, "I was just going to the docks to recover some stamina, maybe get something to eat. Why?"

"Ya mind if I tag along?" You ask hopefully.

North Carolina pauses for a moment, and then shrugs.

"I don't see why not."

"Sweet!" You happily bound up next to her.

>Ask her about the Captain.
>Ask her about her relationship with Iowa.
>Ask how she came back.
>Other

>Ask how she came back.

>>Ask how she came back.

>Ask how she came back.

>>Ask how she came back.
And if they ever got her cofferdam drydocking done.

>>Ask how she came back.

>>Ask how she came back.
then we
>>Ask her about the Captain.

It's Merc, she's based on some character if not a previous one.

>>Ask her about the Captain.

>>Ask how she came back.

>>Ask how she came back.

Yep, just looked for it again, and she's apparently Pierce's sister, based on the pictures he uses for her.

Never read Pararescue Witches so I have no idea what she's like.

>Ask how she came back.

Three different Kancolle quests in one day!

Aren't we lucky?

iirc Merc use FemGil for her look

>>Ask how she came back.

She was very protective of her squadron of witches, and kept bullying Pierce.

its not bullying, its SISTERLY love!

So I guess this means Iowa is protective of her DDs and bullies NorCal

Tarin in Kancolle when?

>Ask how she came back.

Oh, three? Please explain

VERY GOOD QUESTION

as it's unlike Merc to not have her show up.

Tarin is the Abyssal Commander.

>Ask how she came back.

I-I didn't run today or yesterday user.

Planefag ran yesterday however.

>Abyssalized Tarin
>Abyssalization gives "upgrades"

Perhaps he's simply confused by how slow /qst/ is

>upgrades
You mean like more knives and stuff right?

you mean /shittyfuckingidea/?

What will it take for it to be abandoned as a bad idea?

Nothing.

It's unfortunately here to stay.

Why? Who even wants it to stay?

The moderation staff.

The Arpeggio knockoff, and then the one on /qst/ and thent his one.

The people who got triggered, repeatedly, at the idea of quests on Veeky Forums

Butthurt cuntmuffins who want Veeky Forums to only be generals and "that guy" threads.

That's my guess at least.

"Well," You speak up as the both of you reach temporary shipgirl dock that was erected in Boston Naval Yard, "I was kind of wondering how exactly you came back."

"Ah, I see." North Carolina nods, as if this was a question she was asked quite often. "Well, it's not like it was anything particularly special. I came back fairly early in conflict, when the Navy was evacuating Guam in the face of the Abyssal assault."

"Huh, that's weird." You frown as you strip off your baseball jersey and shirt. "I looked up that battle, but I never could find any pictures of you there, even though the whole thing was pretty well documented."

"You...what?" North Carolina pauses in the middle of unbuttoning her uniform.

"Hey, not ALL of my internet time is watching youtube memes." You shrug. "I read up on some of the past shit. I kinda wanted to ask you how you came back because I knew you showed up at Guam, but there's not real visual record of you being there.

"Huh, well, that's odd, isn't it?" Jenner says a bit too quickly.

Your well honed destroyer senses tingle...

>Leave it be.
>Pursuit mode!
>Other

But quests make sense on tg, its just digitized pen and paper roll playing, with more people. Which is great.

>Pursuit mode!

Sorry about the delay, there. Veeky Forums for some reason didn't actually post the post!

>>Pursuit mode!

>>Pursuit mode!

>Pursuit mode!

>>Pursuit mode!

Tell that to the people who have been screaming bloody murder for the last five years

>>Pursuit mode!
>Jenner

>>Pursuit mode!

>>Pursuit mode!

>Jenner
Who?

>Pursuit mode!

Lady from Cyberpunk Idols

>Pursuit mode!
We gotta find more spooky info on how we came to be!

>Pursuit mode!

>>Pursuit mode!

>jenner
Merc, merc pls

Oh no, the realities are merging. Abort, abort.

>Pursuit Mode!

>Merc, merc pls
explain plz

FUCK

>Director: "CUT! Let's do this over."

>Producer: "No wait, that... everything! She's perfect for the Abyssal Battleship!"

Don't worry at least I personally don't mind you recycling a few charecters here and there.

>recycling a few charecters
>a few

Dohoho, if there was something destroyers were good at, it was sensing things that were trying to stay hidden, and North Carolina was very much trying to hide something!

"Eheh, really?" You grin. "Something super duper secret happen that you couldn't talk about?"

"Nothing of the sort." North Carolina huffs as she quickly marches off to the bath. As typical of a battleship, you noticed her body was very well built. VERY well built.

"Come ooooooooon!" You coo, following the battleship's pitiful attempts to evade you.

"There's nothing more to say." North Carolina attempts to state flatly.

Yeah, as if you were believing that.

>SURPRISE ATTACK
>STAAAAAAAARE
>CUTE DD OPTICS
>Other

>a few
>here and there

>>CUTE DD OPTICS

Rolled 4 (1d20)

>>CUTE DD OPTICS
ROLL 1d20!!!!!

>CUTE DD OPTICS
I'm not sure what this means but it sounds good.

>>CUTE DD OPTICS

Rolled 11 (1d20)

>CUTE DD OPTICS
Warming up the dice

Ya good point what is it like 90%? Well I still don't mind.

>CUTE DD OPTICS

>a few characters
>here and there
>>>>>))))

>>CUTE DD OPTICS

Don't make us use our search lights!

>>STAAAAAAAARE
Her eyes... HER EYES!

>>CUTE DD OPTICS
>see if we can't magically sprout puppy ears and a tail while we do it

>>STAAAAAAAARE

>>CUTE DD OPTICS

>POINT BLANK BOMBARDMENT (use DD optics right in her face)