Is Bitcoin really the one crypto that will rule forever, or will something better actually dethrone it eventually...

Is Bitcoin really the one crypto that will rule forever, or will something better actually dethrone it eventually? Why do you think so one way or the other?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegram.me/dvapump
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Is Bitcoin really the one crypto that will rule forever
Yes

No because we now know any significant changes for BTC will keep ending up like the BTC/BCH shitshow. If it really does result in even more forks that might actually get support from the exchanges then it'll confuse the fuck out of regular people and dilute the BTC brand

Also BTC is a huge piece of shit and I'd like to see something that can actually be used as a currency take over and not just something that was deemed a 'store of value' because it did its job so terribly

Atomic swaps, decentralized exchanges, and effortless payment with the cryptocurrency of your choice (Kyber, 0x, Loopring, OmiseGO, etc etc etc) will make Bitcoin less relevant. It won't go away entirely, but it'll lose its main function besides being speculative garbage - the acquisition of other cryptocurrencies and payment with real-world vendors. I don't think it'll go away entirely but it'll become just another coin, surely still a Top 10, but not the monster it was.

An A.I. blockchain backed currency will be tomorrows money

>with the cryptocurrency of your choice (Kyber, 0x, Loopring, OmiseGO, etc etc etc)

That will just confuse the fuck out of normal people though. One needs to be (and will be) dominant to reach maximum saturation and become a universally accepted world currency

i'll let you in on a little secret OP. the reason you don't see ETH being shilled more here is that hodlers know it's the coin that will be the most relevant in the next five years. if you don't have a majority position in ETH, you're going to be irrelevant soon. BTC is losing its use cases by the day, but it will take a while for the normies to find multiple entry points.

everyone who is anyone in the tech community thinks bitcoin is garbage-tier. buy eth, it's the developers coin. wonder what other developer-focused communities have succeeded...

>it's the developers coin

But will that necessarily make it the people's currency coin?

What do you think is the price of ETH in 5 years?

bitcoin is not the people's currency coin, how many people spend bitcoin?

ETH costs less than a cent to send, let alone the ridiculous amount of other things you can (and will be able to) do with it

easily 10k. i am a dev and the amount of billion dollar companies who ask me to consult for them on a weekly basis is mindboggling. I work in australia, and so far have been approached by ANZ (bank), commonwealth (bank) and evado (medical records). they all want to know about smart contracts, they don't give a shit about bitcoin.

I think $1k next year... but man $10k is a bold call. I like it user.

This. Waiting on it.

Soooo how much are you holding

i accumulated as much as i could as a poorfag. approx 360 ETH. i don't have money anywhere else.

>Tfw holding small DNT and ZRX bags
fug

This. It's hilarious to see ethiest struggle cope with this.

also i ask for payment in eth whenever possible

Pls newfriends dont end up like this. Its really sad.

For me bitcoin has no value at all, it's just a gateway to invest in other crypto projects that really have inherent value. That being said I'm convinced that banks will push to control bitcoin for the upcoming lightning network so the price of bitcoin will keep going up insanely.

lol. How many hacks have you had this year? How many developers do you have? Which network has more POW hash power?

ETH

both parity hacks were the result of badly coded contracts; blaming ethereum is the same as blaming TCP when a website is hacked. people just haven't gotten good enough at it yet.

Bitcoin is TCP. Not eth. BTC will never stop being a store of value.

[D.VA pump & signal]
telegram.me/dvapump
This is our profit table. Let's meet on telegram.
XMR +25%
BCH 1st +10%, 2nd +10%, 3rd +15%
KYC +8%
ARK +15%
NEO -8%
OMG +20%
DASH +166%
ZEC +12%
Wavers +45%
EMC2 +30% ('17.12.01)
TIX +48% ('17.12.02)
telegram.me/dvapump

Join us NOW !: )

ETH went up like 50x this year, you think it will just be 2x next year while in this parabolic trend?

>bitcoin is TCP

i can't stop laughing, thanks buddy.

>poorfag
>360 ETH
>$170,000
>poorfag

i said i accumulated as a poorfag, i got into ETH last year at like $10

I'd tell you a joke about UDP but you might not get it.

How's Yahoo doing these days?

how old are you? 57?

too much chaos to tell. the real question is whether or not cryptocurrency will survive the bubbles.

Man you just don't get it. Oh be right back someone just added me on Myspace gotta check that

>whether or not cryptocurrency will survive the bubbles

I feel a digital world currency is too good of a concept to die outright

I'm only 30... :(
Protocol jokes are top-tier.

There isn't even a question about this. Bitcoin has survived 3 and half bubbles. Nothing can stop it.

eventually, ethereum will have more uses than BTC. but for now, BTC is king. It is pointless to even hold anything else. Just buy at least 1 (yes one) BTC and hold it until it's worth a million dollas and then cash out 75%.

One bump just cause I'm curious what other anons might think

Bitcoin is Tulip Mania 2.0.

>Is Bitcoin really the one crypto that will rule forever, or will something better actually dethrone it eventually?
Yes

>Why do you think so one way or the other?
Because sound money is the true value proposition for buying BTC. People in Venezuela and Zimbabwe do not care about sending 1000tx/s payment on a centralized blockchain. They want to buy a crypto with 21 million supply, deflationary rate, high network security, etc...

Bitcoin is by far the closest to sound money humanity has seen since gold was used as money. Must keep in mind that cryptocurrencies do not gain value from acceptance of governments or banking system. It gains it's value from it's competitor... the fiat money system. Out of the 1300 currencies on coinmarketcap, not a single one has the same value proposition as BTC.

All I know is that if Bitcoin does not catch up with the other altcoins in terms of usability and technological advancement, it will eventually be outmatched by something.

retard alert.

>People in Venezuela and Zimbabwe do not care about sending 1000tx/s payment on a centralized blockchain.

They don't have better options, not that they don't care.

>Bitcoin is by far the closest to sound money humanity has seen since gold was used as money.

It can't be compared to gold at all because Bitcoin has never been used as currency, only as a speculative asset, and it requires a lot of resources to run the system that supports it.

But my bcash :,(

All I'm saying is that one of its major use-cases will disappear. Right now, Bitcoin is both a speculative asset (so-called 'store of value', if you believe that meme) AND a necessary means to acquire other cryptocurrency. When everything can be paired with everything else on exchanges, no one will have to buy bitcoin to acquire alts.

Having less functionality will do anything but benefit the coin.

All of japan

>It can't be compared to gold at all because Bitcoin has never been used as currency, only as a speculative asset, and it requires a lot of resources to run the system that supports it.
medium of exchange is not the most important property of money at all. store of value, limit supply, frangibility are also very important. bitcoin is compared to gold almost all the time, so not sure why u saying it can't be compared. are you in the field of thought that precious metals are superior as money than cryptocurrencies?