That guy that shows up to play stoned

>that guy that shows up to play stoned

Almost half my group does that. It actually helps them most of the time.

and was promptly evicted from the game because he was warned not to show up stoned again.
1. it make shim useless
2. the wife doesnt want it around
3. its still not legal here, so it endangers the group when he's a fuckhead in public
4. he was warned not to, so he did it to himself

It's impolite to show up baked without asking but it can also be fun to play with a baked group if you're into that sort of thing.

If he shows up stoned but not smoking, why worry? Maybe you should just, y'know, relax bro.

He's better off in a better group with a better DM.

>Endangers the group if he shows up stoned

Yeah, you're so fucking dramatic. I get not wanting him to smoke there or bring drugs there but him being stoned doesn't "endanger" you or your group of divas.

Well it sounds like it's his place, and whether or not you agree with either of their stances, his house, his rules.

*shrug*

Meaningless.

>Can't pay attention for shit
>Looks like he's about to fall asleep the entire session
>After an hour or so of fumbling through the game, has to take a break to go smoke a "cigarette"
>the "lolrandumb" unfunny meme-train gets turned up to 11
>Insists that he always needs to stay high, but he's infinitely more fun when he's not.
>When he shows up stoned and we call him out on it, he gets grumpy and distant

Stoners are fuckin' stupid.

Yeah, I'd just tell the guy you dont like him. I think he's trying to troll stoners, a notoriously chill people.

Funhaus is more for faggots, then master race Sw1tcher.

But on OP'S topic, that's generally a no go. No one likes to deal with people who are non functioning and basically a burden to care for, let alone play.

I run my campaigns lit as fuck. Most people like to drink while they rp but I'd argue it's harder to complete drunk D&D vs stoned.

How many rolls before you get too high man? I suppose there is a line between functioning and non.

>Sw1tcher
Oh boy I do sure love Fartgas McSimpsons and his endless blabbering about Steven Universe and Black Lives Matter

I roll a blunt, then I roll the bones. Everyone has their own threshold. If I'm spacing off, I may call it to let someone else dm, but that hasn't ever happened.

this would be my only problem with a stoned player. They can be pretty fuckin stupid. But there are different kinds of stoners and if he/she is fun and unhinged when stoned, then why the fuck not? Played some fun games with people who are funnier stoned.

I miss Spoole.

Solution: Everybody gets stoned and leaves the autism aside.

you sound like a fucking cunt lol

We all get stoned at the table.

kek

You kicked somebody for being stoned and justified it with totally bogus reasoning that boils down to "I don't like thing" and they're salty?

we literally pass a J to whoever's turn it is in combat

sometimes the GM gives us minion fights and gets too fucked to continue the game

This is accurate.
It sucks that Matt is in so much of their shit when 2.5 of the other members are chill

I'm pretty pissed that he's in the DS3 let's play. Woolie & Pat are the souls team anyway.

>That Guy that doesn't show up at all
Fuck you, Will. No call, no text, no message, no explanation at all. If you're not interested in the game, just come out and fucking say it.

>Life in the bible belt.
Shhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

I have only one rule for weed at my table: If you show up stoned, you had better bring enough for all of us.

Worst girl

>the wife doesn't want it around
*whips cracking be in the distance*

I don't know how you could honestly justify believing this.
If someone is letting you into their home, and they set ground rules, then you follow them or forfeit the privilege of entering into their home.

Let's ignore the fact that it's stated above that his behavior *while* stoned was disruptive, this isn't about weed. It's about having some civil sense.

My that guy is the most competent combat character in the party. All the other members are better in social situations, but they only use the same first level spells over and over again. He roleplays a psychotic and destructive fighter/warlock that is more reliable than the moon druid in combat.

Nah. Second worst.

>3. its still not legal here, so it endangers the group when he's a fuckhead in public

You're such a fucking child ahahahaha

>2. the wife doesnt want it around

Oh, okay, you traded your balls for a pussy. That explains it.

That's just people. You don't like people.
People are like this stoned or sober and many people are completely fine or better on marijuana.
People are people, not stereotypes.

Gotta listen to the wife. She knows where you sleep.

DAMN Veeky Forums.

When did everyone first take their first blunt?

What age did you realize you love the Mary J?

Is Table Top really that much improved high for you guys?

You never played with sober morons? Of course you have. Weeds just a convenient excuse when you don't like a specific person.

player in my group is chilled out and super imaginative when baked, hes a fucking dink and crabby as fuck sober.

Seriously

itt: fuckwit stoners who think their dumb bullshit is everyone else's problem

>pleasedonotfeedthetrolls.jpeg

He isn't feeding them if he is them

ITT: squares that think it's even a problem.

If the GM turned up stoned and started ranting about cheese crackers and his high school algebra teacher instead of properly GMing the game, would you accept it?
Why set a double standard?
If you're incapacitated from play, or if you being stoned/drunk/etc makes you fuck the session up, don't play.

The correct opinion regarding any kind of intoxication. If everybody does it, it's fun. If one guy does it, he's annoying.

No it hinders actual gameplay in my experience, but it makes everything funny ONLY if everybody is high. It's like you take the game less seriously and focus on having fun with the lads.

Also I took my first when I was like 18 IIRC.

/thread

I don't have strong feelings about it at all aside from the basic assumption that people smoke outside if they're going to smoke here.

People who can't handle alcohol are a way bigger problem, but I'd rather just leave them out than not drink during a game

Many of us have either depression, anxiety or some other fuckery. Dope helps for a time. Unless you go on a paranoia trip.

That guys are usually straight edge, stoners I've played with (myself included) are pretty chill and usually into the game.
Though I've been playing RPGs a lot longer than I've been smoking weed.

This is an objective and unbiased assessment.

>That guys are usually straight edge

>stoners are pretty chill and usually into the game.

I've been playing tabletop games for 20 years and this is 100% true.

He was best boy

What a set of bitches

>He hasn't played a low fantasy session revolving around defeating the electric wizard and reclaiming the dopethrone

Follow the 4 D's:

>Dope
>Doom
>Dungeons
>Dragons

I agree

19,19,yes

I have played stoned at least half of the times.

There is a friend who also does that, but he gets sleepy and stupid. I don't.

I start roleplaying. I get into the role, I think like the character. My roleplaying intesity increases a lot, also I think outside the box more, come up with interesting solutions to problems.

Example:
>5e game
>I am a gnome sorcerer named Bangmaster Jones
>kinda the group leader, but not de jure
>In a town, wanting to invade a house to get information on a shady fella
>Guys propose sneaking in, busting in, so on.
>"this is what we do"
>organize a huge party, paid by us, at the local tavern
>everybody wears a mask/costume, or doesn't get in
>Identify the shady guy coming to the party
>Trick and kidnap him in the mess
>Interrogate, and get keys
>Go to his house and get the stuff we need, we famous now in the village, so the houseguard let us in, because friend gave us the key (high roll)
>proceed

Also I tried to organize our flying ship, that we got later, into a flying whorehouse, but I didn't succeed. We had a thing with prostitutes, because our cleric was a huge pervert of a weird religion. He fucked himself while morphed into a tiger, also he raped an ogre corpse. Hard to explain the background, it made sense to us in a while.

Better to show up to a game stoned, than get elected into office stoned.

I know that anyone showing-up stoned at my crib won't be stoned in an hour, so their personal habits outside my home are none of my fucking business. Play on!

The flip is that, if some asshole makes it a "house rule" that they'll kick anyone whose outside interests conflict with their own - to the point they'll pretend to feel threatened in order to justify such a thoughtless policy - I'd certainly have no problem moving on before the next session. Yes, it's their right to make silly, unilateral Stop Liking demands under their own roof, but people who aren't paranoid crusaders on a soapbox have rights, too.

No reason this can't be a Win/ Win, really.

What is it with turboautists and their severe hatred of weed, drinking, etc? Bitter because you never went to a party in college or something?

That guy is probably an idiot. I know plenty of people who barely change or slow down at all after they smoke. For me it helps me relax in social situations and focus

>>that guy that shows up to play stoned
And doesn't bring me any?

I don't smoke but all my players get turbo blazed in every session.
It's fun, they never see plot twists coming and think up all kinds of crazy shit.
Sometimes it leads to weird situations though like the guy who hit the blunt and immediately starts crying about how lonely he is.

I haven't heard Matt mention fartgas or Steven Universe or BLM in ages. Granted I haven't been watching all of their LPs.

Is it okay for a player to drink then show up drunk?
Shut up dude, you're spouting bullshit.

You know what happens if you show up to a job interview drunk or stoned? Well yeah. That's because they know if you do so then you'll do so later. And they know that this WILL interfere with your performance.
Stop playing "mister fair" when the fact is if something will hinder gameplay there is no reason to accept it.

>people like me are cool
>the people that are known for using drugs and acting like morons for the duration of the effect

>people unlike me are that guys
:^)

Same assessment here.

You. I like you.

I have a player who does. It's cool with us, he's pretty chill and doesn't distract the other players. Usually plays druids because he's also a hippy, but he doesn't turn them into a druidzilla and overshadow everyone else even though he damn well knows how.

He knows I have asthma and find the smell of marijuana unpleasant, and respects my request that he avoid lighting up on the grounds. Why wouldn't I respect his lifestyle choice in turn?

>those guys who show up to play open carrying

>2. the wife doesnt want it around
Well now there's no wonder about who wears the pants in your relationship.

Well true, Shinji is way worse.

NOTHING WR... wait, Shinji? Fuck that guy!

Not baked but tipsy one time and high on painkillers due to wisdom teeth removal another time here.

It was the only way to shut my own head up about what I had wanted out of the sessions and join in on the 'fun' that the other players propagated.

They didn't care and were pretty glad I didn't want to play a drama intense session for once.

That was the time I realised I was through with them because if it required me to be intoxicated to be able to enjoy myself in a weekly activity then I was just not at the right place.

honestly, if it works for you - awesome. I'm okay with having a drink or two at the odd game, but I'm not about to get shitfaced, especially since I have to drive across town to get home anyways.

I wouldn't play stoned, the one time I tried it I just got super paranoid and shit, so I guess it's safe to say it's not for me. If a player I knew showed up high, and can still play, I don't see why not either - heck, I've worked and continue to work beside guys who are just like "man, I'm so stoned right now". If I can trust you with knives, fire, and deat things while stoned - and not just on weed, I can trust you to do some math and roll some dice.

for some people sure. You sure are presumptive and draw a ton of conclusions from my post. I'm not even hating on people who smoke. I'm stating the fact that they can be fuckin stupid. A couple times we had a stoner in the group, he would have trouble following whats going on and often forgot shit we just went over a few minutes ago.

Weed is absolute garbage, I've seen enough family members destroyed by the stuff.

>This entire thread

It always amuses me that on the whole weed and the marajewana triggers the shot out of this Mongolian cave paintings site

Out of everything in this site weed just absolutely triggers people

It never ceases to amuse me

As with all things tabletop, it depends on your players. If intoxication is a bigger priority than gaming, its a hindrance. Think of the guys who would rather talk about how they are so stoned/drunk/high than take their turn. On the other hand there are folks who can and do maintain focus on the game, and even participate more comfortably when their state is altered. It becomes a question of a player's maturity, tolerances, and priorities.

My local MtG group is a good example of pot and gaming going right. I don't smoke, my friends do. They are mature enough to keep the focus on the game (And delay the passing of the pipe so that it doesn't interfere with the active player) The only substance related interruptions we have are actually the periodic tobacco breaks for two of our members. Kinda bizarre the way local laws turn it into a "weed inside, cigarettes on the porch" sort of scenario.

Whether weed is a problem or not comes down to individual players. Is the players objective to "Get stoned and play games" or to "Play games in the manner they find most comfortable." The difference in emphasis is generally marked by the players maturity.

I may not smoke, but I'm lucky to play with folks mature enough to keep the focus on the game, not whatever substance is altering someones functioning at a given time.

I didn't realize I was showing up to kill goblins at my job interview.

Eh, I don't smoke, and can't stand the smell of it, so I probably wouldn't be joining any group that did it to begin with. It's like being the DD at the party, everyone is having fun but you and you're too sober to ignore the stupid stuff going on.

If it was my house, I'd tell the guy to leave it outside in his car or something and not be smoking it on my property, that shit stinks something fierce to me and people who don't use it can notice it very easily. Not to mention some states are still really tough on it for some stupid fucking reason and I don't want that one crazy neighbor trying to call the cops. I've met chill stoners and I've met idiot stoners, just like people when they drink, so that's not really the issue.

It's weird, I absolutely hate weed personally but am probably more for it being legalized than most stoners. The amount of taxpayer money that's wasted fighting it is just stupid and it's really not that harmful. I don't believe it's quite the miracle cure some people claim it is, but I've never heard of someone od'ing on it which is better than I can say for alcohol. I just don't want it in my house.

It's not that people are triggered by weed, it's that you aren't allowed to say one bad thing about weed without the highschoolers coming out of the woodwork in droves and acting completely retarded. It's made fun of in the exact same way being a weeb edgelord is, the only difference being that no one tries to pretend that being a weeb edgelord is an inherently good quality to have. Once again, bad stoners are brought up, and once again, every single stoner this side of China shows up to shout down anyone who would even dare assume that maybe someone who can't put down the blunt at the modest request of friends in order to enjoy a game together isn't the most well-adjusted adult.

>something is bad
>in addition to that, other people I like also dislike it
>somehow it's poor reasoning to decide that is an extra reason not to do it
Well are you retarded or just trying to insult his masculinity as a way to cope with the fact a lot of people dislike your drug addiction?

>this entire thread
It's like you guys play with people who get fucked up on things other than weed. The reefer madness is real. Lol.

I've never done drugs, I dropped alcohol 10 years ago and never even tried cigs. That guy is still pussywhipped as fuck.

If that was his only reason? Yes.
But there's a difference between "I don't do something I want because the wife tells me not to" and "I don't do something I don't want, and as a plus, my wife didn't want it anyway so it's an extra reason".
There's no reason to pick an extra conflict for something you didn't even like to begin with, that'd be fucking childish.

I mean, I am a contrarian dick in relationships, but not being one doesn't mean being pussywhipped.

Nah I've seen it go both ways
Still good for a chuckle

>it's that you aren't allowed to say one bad thing about weed without the highschoolers coming out of the woodwork in droves and acting completely retarded

Literally why I want to legalize this shit. I'm so tired of this dumbass 420 erryday outlaw weed culture and I live in California.

I don't give a fuck if someone shows up to game and wants to drink or smoke as long as they're not dumbasses who hold up the game. Even if they're sober and dumbasses who hold up the game I don't have time for that shit.

It's like every fucking time. Hey do you guys just wanna fucking drink and bullshit?

>no no we want to game!

Ok.

>can't fucking remember the rules every time. take forever. want to smoke hemp rope in game.

Every fucking time.

So no I'm not triggered by weed, I'm triggered by retards.

>People are people, not stereotypes.
In my experience, that is incorrect.

>all this casual weed lmaoing around

When did Veeky Forums become so fine with being a useless fuckhead?

Spoken lile a true pussywhipped cuck.

>I live in California.
My deepest condolences, friend.

Baito desu

Not at my table desu.
You can do what you like outside of the game, I genuinely don't give a shit, but if you show up to play, you either play sober or you don't play at all

This a 1000% I stopped dming for an entire group because they kept smoking pot even after they knew that i had to have a perfect background check to get my nuclear operations contract for the navy.

Bait is esa in Japanese.

I was 17, and I hated it. Gave me a splitting headache, which made me pissy, and I just didn't care for the high.

And I hate when people around me smoke, because it still gives me the splitting headache.