God-tier 40k quotes

>Konrad Curze: My sons, the galaxy is burning. We all bear witness to a final truth -- our way is not the way of the Imperium. You have never stood in the Emperor's light. Never worn the Imperial eagle. And you never will. You shall stand in midnight clad, your claws forever red with the lifeblood of my father's failed empire, warring through the centuries as the talons of a murdered god. Rise, my sons, and take your wrath across the stars, in my name. In my memory. Rise, my Night Lords.

Holy shit i love these memes

-Lupercarl

>Enemies of the Imperium hear me: you have come here to die. The Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. You cannot win.
>His soldiers will strike you down. His war machines will crush you under their treads. His mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you.
>So make yourselves ready, we are the 1st Kronus Regiment and today is our victory day!

>‘THEN WE MUST BE MALEVOLENT TOO. FOR WE HAVE EXPELLED OUR SENTIMENTALITY LONG AGO. HOW ELSE COULD WE HAVE ENDURED? HOW ELSE COULD WE HAVE IMPOSED OUR RULE?’
>‘YET BY VIRTUE OF THAT WE ARE PURE AND UNCONTAMINATED BY WEAKNESS. WE ARE GRIM SALVATION.'

>WE ARE AGONIZINGLY ALONE

I only partake in the dankest of ebin maymays
-Horus

Anyone have that one that Angron fires at Leman Russ?

>There is only the Emperor he is our shield and protector.

>"To each of us falls a task. And all the Emperor asks of us Guardsmen is that we stand the line and we die fighting. It is what we do best. We die standing."

>"Zeal makes all things possible, duty makes all things simple."
>Sigismund

>Though our tanks and artillery are mighty, it is the vast ranks of Imperial Guardsmen that shall trample the enemy to dust - let them come.
>Usurkar E.Creed

"Ogryns. If we time it just right, the Eldar will all be going "What the..." just when what's left of the Company breaks cover over here and piles into them. No spreading out, no fancy stuff, just smash through. Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence."

>nThough my guards may sleep and ships may rest at anchor, our foes know full well that big guns never tire.

> Huron Black-Heart

‘So wot’s this fing doing again, Dagz?’ said Grabber, looking even more confused than normal.
‘Right,’ said Dagogg. ‘You know how you grab the grots wiv yer grabba stick, and then you chuck ‘em about the place fer a larf?’
‘Yep,’ replied Grabber promptly, his pincer-stave flexing to illustrate his point.
‘Well,’ replied Dagogg, sighing happily. ‘It’s a bit like that. But wiv a moon."

One of my favorite ork quotes.

GOAT

I except nothing less from the first and best captain.

Favorite legion, favorite quote

>I love the smell of promethium in the morning.
>captain shambas, valhallan 597th

"What would you know of struggle, Perfect Son? When have you fought against the mutilation of your mind? When have you had to do anything more than tally compliances and polish your armour?" [...] "The people of your world named you Great One. The people of mine called me Slave. Which one of us landed on a paradise of civilization to be raised by a foster father, Roboute? Which one of us was given armies to lead after training in the halls of the Macraggian high-riders? Which one of us inherited a strong, cultured kingdom? And which one of us had to rise up against a kingdom with nothing but a horde of starving slaves? Which one of us was a child enslaved on a world of monsters, with his brain cut up by carving knives? Listen to your blue-clad wretches yelling of courage and honour, courage and honour, courage and honour. Do you even know the meaning of those words? Courage is fighting the kingdom which enslaves you, no matter that their armies outnumber yours by ten-thousand to one. You know nothing of courage. Honour is resisting a tyrant when all others suckle and grow fat on the hypocrisy he feeds them. You know nothing of honour."

Say what you will, but Angron not only physically put the punch to Guilliman, he did so verbally as well. Guilliman had a fine -and true- retort, I'll give you that, but its scale was paltry to what the Gladiator said of him.

>Fear not the Psyker

“I am an Imperial commissar. I will enflame the weak, support the wavering, guide the lost. I will be all things to all men who need me. But I will also punish without hesitation the incompetent, the cowardly, and the treasonous. --Ibram Gaunt”
― Dan Abnett, Necropolis

[incoherent screeching]

Sorry, I prefer Blondes

"You have ruled this galaxy for ten thousand of your years, and yet have so little to account to show for your efforts. Such failure must be as depressing to bear as it is shameful to behold!"

>our way is not the way of the Imperium
>our way
>our

This primarch was retrofluffed into a miserable bipolar asshole who swung between a manic malignant narcissist phase and fugues of self-loathing where he cut himself with broken shards of mirrored glass.

Thanks, BL.

Imotekh bringing the real talk to the table. The Necrons woke up to find the Eldar and the upstart Humanity doing terribly, while seemingly more primitive cultures of Chaos, Orkz and Tyranids were on the uprising.

"I remember ... being trucked down to Nottingham on a coach to sit
in on a session at which [Bryan Ansell] and his minions explained
how the spiky [Chaos] space wombles' ethos (which could be summed
up as Total! Maximum! Violence! Now!) worked, and how we weren't
to take any liberties with their intellectual property. Which
they gloated over eerily and at length."
- Charles Stross

"I learned the Encyclopaedia Psychotica Galactica and I wrote a
trial 40K short story which initially read a bit like a piss-take.
Scourged by David [Pringle], I then hallucinated myself into the
40K milieu, and began to have enormous mad fun in broodingly,
Gothically, luridly going over the top. That's when it all
gelled, and the 'Inquisition War' trilogy came about."
- Ian Watson

"Psykers are very dangerous indeed ... Some become host to daemonic
powers ... others attract psychically sensitive aliens or psychic
disease ... If psykers were to go unchecked throughout the Imperium,
human society would soon collapse. Indeed, this is one of the reasons
why the Emperor clings so tenaciously to life, as only he understands
the true dangers of possession and psychic destruction."
- WD130

'I am not divine,' sayeth the angel. She reached out, daring to touch
the trailing edge of his folded wings beneath the mail cloak.
Sanguinius allowed the imposition, but then stepped back to give her
room. 'I am, like Horus and all my kin, as my father made me. Born of
science and learning, not of mythology.'
'The Emperor made you an angel,' said the astropath, her voice echoing
in the empty room. 'Why? Did he make a devil as well?'
'Have you met my brother Magnus?'

"Can you survive an encounter with Dr. Gostalo's Amazing
Inter-Galactic Psycho Circus? Rogue Trader: Adventure,
mayhem and destruction on a cosmic scale."
- 1985 ad copy for Rick Priestley's proto-BFG game "Rogue Trader"

>In an hour of darkness, a blind man is the best guide; in an age of insanity, look to the madman to show the way.

the whole point is that the necrons are in the same (worse) state than humanity

Ruled the galaxy once, then fell because of the eldar

Fell because of a whole bunch of shit, including the Eldar. Yet still, even after so long asleep and after the War in Heaven kicking their shit in they come back to find nobody can stand against them without superior numbers.

the necrons had longer than 10k years to git gud and did not, werent they necroning about for literally like a million years before they went to sleep?

"Sometimes it's fun to win, and sometimes it just doesn't matter."
- A Cavatore, on the art and science of balanced game design

Flugrim: Let me guess, Horus. You're going to use my ego to convince me to join your rebellion.

Horus: I am, in fact. Tell me, is it working?

Fulgrim: ...Yes...

Fulgrim - "I hear you've done some interesting things to your ships, brother."

Jaghatai - "I hear you've done some interesting things to your men."

> Have faith, Word Bearer
Based legion is based

"I ... had a couple of other [job] offers, but I felt [GW] was a
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and that, with my physics background
and training, if it didn't pan out I would still be well placed to
look for another. Now I've been here for over six years."
- Robin Cruddace, physicist, on his game development credentials

"The Codex Astartes is a set of rules. They guide, shape us as Ultramarines. Teach us to hold duty and honor sacred above all. But how we live with those rules is the true test of a Space Marine. And you have failed."

Captain Motherfucking Titus, to "But Muh Codex" Leandros

"Let me tell you of my future. My hand will reach out into the stars, reshaping the galaxy into a place of order and unity. Under my reign, the kingdoms of old shall live again, reborn to an age of power and glory the like of which you can only imagine. I will rule every planet touched by the light of this star and, even in the darkness beyond, my name will be whispered with fear and respect."

Him to some dirty knife ear.

Gotta love that bitter asshole of a legion...

"Yes, we did end-up destroying the Earth - but for one bright, shining
moment, our firm had created EXCEPTIONAL dividends for shareholders!"
- Post-Apocalyptic MBA

"Variously and without recourse to time period or progression, the
Alpha Legion has been witnessed in liveries of pale grey, gleaming
steel, veridian, dull bronze, sable, indigo, amaranth and azure blue -
both in main and in combination. It has been variously recorded as
displaying Principia Belicosa standardised rank and unit signifiers,
elaborate stylised reptilian iconography of unknown meaning, and the
complex logos-teknika forms favoured by the Emperor-shattered Pan
Pacific Empire on Ancient Terra. It has also gone into battle without
emblems or markings of any kind; a faceless, anonymous army of killers
without distinction or division within its ranks."
- Loremaster Kang, on ephemeral heraldry and covert operators

"From their Fortress-Monastery 'Noun of Dire Portent,' the Noun Verber
fleet patrols the PseudoLatin Quadrant whilst their flagship, the
Zealous Expression, captained by Chapter Master Alliterative LatinPun
leads them into battle from landfall - using their favourite tactic:
Ferrous Precipitation - to their inevitable Victorious Withdrawal
March under the shadow of their proudest holy relic: the Generic
Cultural Icon of Heavily Implied Hyper-Aggression."
- Codex Adeptus Astartes: Noun Verbers

source?

The absolute best.

"The Emperor, at Nikea, warned all Librarians of the mortal dangers of
the Arts of Summoning and of Incantation. It was there that He bade
Magnus cease their use - and even their study - and Magnus Oathbreaker
swore that he and his Thousand Sons Legionnaires would heed and obey."
- Now All Is Dust

James Swallow, Fear to Tread , I think.

"In my day, the sons of Sanguinius sucked blood, not dick."
- Venerable Dreadnought Henderson

>AGONIZINGLY

"We should not suppose any aid [from the Iron Hands, Death Guard or
Mechanicus]. The Iron Hands have been leaderless since Manus was slain
at Isstvan. Who can say what their current agenda is, or where their
true loyalties lie? Similarly, it has been reported that those Legions
that sided with Horus did not do so wholly. Whole companies and fleets
have been spread far across the galaxy, and with the warp storms
isolating many sectors, we must not hastily pre-judge any situation."
- The Lion of Caliban, Primarch, I Legio

"You’re still a slave, Angron. Enslaved by your past, blind to the future. Too hateful to learn. Too spiteful to prosper."

My personal favorite quote in 40k.

Q: What's the difference between a cow and Angron's little rebellion?
A: You can't milk a cow for two hundred years.

"Eldrad is the greatest among us. He is the sun which eclipses the light of our stars. He is Ulthwé and the fate of our kind rests in his hands. His eyes are the keenest, no detail goes unnoticed. Four thousand runes can he cast, guiding our path through torment and war, death and salvation. He is the pathfinder, the seeker, the true guide. Even your race has trembled before his might, though you may not have known it. It was he who guided us to the Ork known as Ghazghkull, and commanded us to steer his path to your world of Armageddon. Ten thousand Eldar lives would have been lost if he had not done so. What sacrifice is a million humans for such a cause?
He knows your affairs better than you do yourself. He warned that weakling seer you call Emperor of the treachery of Horus and the strife which would engulf us, just as it engulfed the rest of the galaxy, but your arrogance deafened you to his words. Your stupidity almost destroyed the galaxy, yet you never knew how close the forces of light were to our ultimate defeat. He saw the Great Devourer and warned our kin on Iyanden, even before they had neared our galaxy.

To him all futures are laid out, just as your crude implements of torture are laid out on the cold metal of that shelf. You say we are random and capricious, we say you are vulgar and idiotic. Some of you call us your enemies. All races are our enemy in time. Some of you call us your allies. You are not allies, any more than a butcher’s knife is his ally. You are tools, nothing more. To be used and expended to protect our race, that is your fate.

Your kind think you are so magnificent, yet even now, at the nadir of our power, we can manipulate you, turn you to our ends, as easily as you might pull a trigger and fire a gun. Our time will come again, Eldrad has promised us. Once more you upstart Mon-keigh [subject spits] shall kneel before our power! This time we will not be so lenient! We will exterminate you, every world, every vessel, every one of you! Eldrad has seen the stars stained red with your blood, and it pleases him!

You think us weak, but we will be your doom, children of Earth."
-Last words of a captured Eldar Ranger, subsequently executed

I Think Rowboat got the better hit in.

Concise, to the point, and hacked the legs off Angron's morals

Give me a gun that never fires! Give me sword that is ever blunt! Give me a weapon that deals no wound as long as it always strikes awe! - Sebastian Thor

I was going to post it. Someone gives Empy a hug.

"If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, he will die unthanked and unremembered. If he exercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo down through the millennia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always more preferable to ignominy. - Fabius Bile

Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov;
"There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty."

"If The path to salvation leads through the halls of Purgatory so be it." Ahzek Ahriman.

When the Emperor dies under his axes, when his final thought is of how the Great Crusade was all in pathetic futility, and when his last sight is Angron's iron smile... then the Master of Mankind will learn what Angron has known since he picked up his first blade.

Freedom is the only thing worth fighting for.

That is why tyrants always fall.
Lord of the Red Sands

.......do you have a picture of that ad user?

Honestly, 40k is best represented by the IG. It has both the Grimdark, the noblebright and the witty/dark humour that makes the setting what it is.

>If you truly do hail from the realm that men once called hell, when you return there, tell your kindred it was Sanguinius who threw you back

>Best represented by its least unique element

You can find IG equivalents in any story that involves rough and ready soldiers.

>the whole point is that the necrons are in the same (worse) state than humanity

Actually, if you opened the 7th ED codex then you would know that the Necrons are in a period of resurgence and reconquest. If left unopposed, their empire will revive in full.

As for the Eldar and humanity? They are on their way out.

The point of Imotekh's speech that humanity ruled for 10K years and did little to leave their mark on the galaxy.

No great works of science, no great cities of wonder and riches, no worthy and glorious deeds. It's all just decay and squalor. Humanity is nothing but dust that settled on the necropolis of the Necrons. Now it's time for them to be swept aside.

The atmosphere, not the physical, graphical or ideoligical elements.

Plus it's kinda expected that a setting that it all about Mankind surviving against insurmontable odds is best summarised by the average human, don't you think?

Well to be fair, the Necrons basically had their War with the Eldars (which was pretty fucking huge, let's be honest) bu that was it.

On the other hand, the Imperium has ennemies litteraly in every possible place and way. Inside and outside its structure.

The setting isn't about mankind surviving against insurmountable odds. The setting is about corruption and dogma rendering a once mighty empire into a decaying corpse of it's former self. The IG are a result of that theme and are generic toy soldiers dying in droves.

You want to see the actual themes of the setting personified you watch what an Inquisitor does.

My favourite Ollanious Pius quote.

"Why the hell is everything always our job?"

How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real - Jadus Smithius, Imperial Philosopher

go to bed, Sarge.

>Gaunt's Ghost's art I haven't seen before

neat.jpg

Thats for a book that will never be released.

"Unlike you, whelp, I once walked the same ground as your Idol . I breathed the same air as him. And I tell you this, without lie or artifice. He never wanted to become what you have made him! He did not wish to be your god-thing. He abhorred such ideals! The slavery of your crippled, blind Imperium would sicken him, if he had eyes to see it."

-Fabius Bile

This is one of my favorites.

If any loyalist would believe Fabulous Bile their minds would snap in half.

>Even a man with nothing left can still give his life.
I always found that quote weirdly moving.
You guys know he was being forced to serve an Empire that allied with the people who enslaved him right?
Plenty of other planets, the big E came down like the wrath of God to set things right. The Nucerians he decided could stay in power for some reason.
It's almost as if the Emperor was a ruthless pragmatist or something.
Source?

40k is shit. - everyone

Any job worth doing is worth dying for. - Imperial Tarot

Cowards die in shame.
- Exit confirmation window in Dawn of War I

What in the Emperor's name did you just say unto me, vile HERETIC? I will have you know, I was the most gifted of the initiates at the Trial of Choosing, and I have been involved in numerous glorious crusades against the Tau, having inflicted over 3,000 deaths upon the hated Xenos! I am an expert in glorious close quarters combat and am the mightiest bolter marksman in the entire Imperium. You are nothing to me but another heretic. I will exterminate you with righteous fury this pathetic backwater planet has not seen since the time of the God-Emperor himself, heed my words! You believe you can spew your blasphemies simply because we communicate via Noospheric link? Think again, defiler of the faith! As we speak, I am contacting my network of Inquisitorial operatives across the Imperium, tracing your location via Psychic Scrying, so you had best prepare for the Storm, worm. The Storm of RIGHTEOUS PLASMA FIRE that wipes out the PATHETIC LITTLE THING YOU DARE SULLY THE EMPEROR'S WORK BY CALLING YOUR LIFE. YOU ARE DEAD, WRETCH. THE EMPEROR'S SERVANTS ARE EVERYWHERE, AT EVERY TIME, AND CAN GRANT YOU A RIGHTEOUS PURGING IN OVER 700 WAYS WITH NOUGHT BUT THEIR GAUNTLETS AND THEIR RIGHTEOUS ZEAL. NOT ONLY AM I AN EXPERT IN THE USE OF THE CHAINSWORD, BUT THE VERY WEAPON-VAULTS OF MARS ARE GRANTED TO ME, AND I SHALL USE THESE GLORIOUS WEAPONS TO REDUCE YOU AND ALL YOU HOLD DEAR TO ASH! DESPAIR AND REGRET YOUR HAUGHTY WORDS, HERETIC, FOR HAD YOU KNOWN THE EXTENT OF MY FURY PERHAPS YOU WOULD HAVE REPENTED YOUR SINS! YET YOU COULD NOT, YOU DID NOT, AND NOW YOU SHALL PAY THE EMPEROR'S TITHE IN YOUR VILE BLOOD, YOU FILTHY, CORRUPTED BLASPHEMER! I SHALL BATHE YOU IN PROMETHIUM FLAMES, AND YOU SHALL WRITHE ETERNAL IN AGONY! YOU ARE DEAD, CHAOS-WORSHIPER!

"Get up."

>It's almost as if the Emperor was a ruthless pragmatist or something.
But that was an incredibly stupid move by Emps. He decided that he would rather guarantee a demigod's hatred rather than potentially destabilize a completely worthless planet in the middle of nowhere.
That doesn't seem particularly pragmatic to me.

>Look! Rhinos! RRRRRHHHHIIIIIIINNNNOOOSSSS! Our enemies hide in METAL BAWKSES, DA KOWARDZ! TEH FEWLZ!! We...(cough) We should take away their METAL BAWKSES!

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING GUARDSMAN.

He's spent months fighting a grueling war in which his enemies are demigods allied with daemons, and now he's found himself in the closest thing to Hell he's ever known. He probably wasn't even supposed to get teleported up to the arch-traitor's battle barge in the first place, and just ended up in the wrong place at the worst possible time.

Somehow he's survived horrors beyond comprehension to make his way to the very bridge of Horus' flagship. He saw a veritable angel call upon Horus to answer for his crimes, and he saw that angel die as messily as any guardsman. His Emperor - who he fervently believes is a god incarnate, even if he's not supposed to - lies mortally wounded, and Horus, perhaps, has taken a moment to gloat before he strikes the killing blow.

His armor is slightly more effective than tissue paper, his weapon slightly more powerful than a flashlight. A single electrified claw from Horus' weapon is bigger than his entire body. He stands before a being infused by the dark gods' with incalculable power, that can and will obliterate his soul with no more effort than it would take him to swat a gnat. Nothing he can do could possibly make a difference.

He could run. He could turn his weapon on himself. He could give in to the insidious whispers that echo from the ship's corridors into his mind.

Ollanius Pius does the duty his Emperor requires of him. He dies standing and holds the fucking line.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my squad in the Ultramarines 10th company, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Eldar craftworlds, and I have over 300,000 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire Ultramarines chapter. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this galaxy, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the warp transmissions array? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the Ultima Segmentum, and your warp signature is being traced right now so you better prepare for the warp storm, heretic. The warp storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, heretic. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Ultramarines Chapter and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the galaxy, you little prick. If only you could have known what holy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit the light of the Emperor all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, heretic.

Give this man a commendation!

But user, Pius isnt canon

>“RIGHT YOUSE LOT. THIS IS NAZDREG SO SHUT IT.

>DA MEKS ’AVE ALMOST GOT THIS FING RUNNIN’. THEY SAY FIVE DAYS MAX. SO YOU BETTER MAKE SURE YOU’RE BACK HERE IN FIVE DAYS’ TIME IF YER WANT TO GET OFF THIS WORLD BEFORE DA SWIRLY FING TURNS US ALL INTA SQUIGS.

>THAT SED I’M DYIN’ FER A GOOD FIGHT. A PROPER FIGHT, NOT SOME TELLYPORTIN’ NONSENSE WIV A FEW HUNDRED BOYZ LOOKING LIKE A BUNCH OF GROTS WANDERIN’ OFF TO FIND DA DROPZ. SO THIS ONE’S GONNA INVOLVE EVERY LAST ONE OF YA, SAME PLACE, SAME TIME.

>I’LL BE AT THE FRONT, SO YA BETTER FOLLOW. YER CAN TELL WHICH WAY I’LL BE GOIN’ COS I’LL HAVE BIG GORKO AND BIG MORKO HERE ON EITHER SIDE OF ME, AN IF YA CAN MISS A PAIR OF GARGANTS YER DON’T DESERVE A FIGHT ANYWAYS. YER BETTER KEEP UP, COS I’M NOT LEAVING THIS WORLD TILL I GET SOME KILLIN’ DONE AND I’M GONNA KILL EVERYFING I SEE THAT AIN’T GREEN. I GOT THAT MUCH DAKKA.

>THIS PLANET’S BEEN GOOD TO US. LET’S MAKE SURE WE PAY IT BACK BY MAKIN’ IT DIE IN GOOD HONEST FIRE AND FIGHTIN’ INSTEAD OF IN SOME MAGIC WHIRLYGIG. WE IS ORKS AND WE IS HERE TO BRING DEATH.

>WE IS ORKS! WE BRING DEATH!

>WE IS ORKS! AND WE BRING DEATH TO A WORLD!

>WAAAGH! THE ORKS!

"Because we couldn't be trusted. The Emperor needed a weapon that would never obey its own desires before those of the Imperium. He needed a weapon that would never bite the hand that feeds. The World Eaters were not that weapon. We've all drawn blades purely for the sake of shedding blood, and we've all felt the exultation of winning a war that never even needed to happen. We are not the tame, reliable pets that the Emperor wanted. The Wolves obey, when we would not. The Wolves can
be trusted, when we never could. They have a discipline we lack, because their passions are not aflame with the Butcher's Nails buzzing in the back of their skulls." "The Wolves will always come to heel when called. In that regard, it is a mystery why they name themselves wolves. They are tame, collared by the Emperor, obeying his every whim. But a wolf doesn't behave that way. Only a dog does." "That is why we are the Eaters of Worlds, and the War Hounds no longer."

- Eighth Captain Khârn

"One unbreakable shield against the coming darkness, One last blade forged in defiance of fate, Let them be my legacy to the galaxy I conquered, And my final gift to the species I failed."

— Inscription upon the Arcus Daemonica, attributed to the Emperor of Mankind

"And what are the achievements of your fragile Imperium? It is a corpse rotting slowly from within while maggots writhe in its belly. It was built with the toil of heroes and giants, and now it is inhabited by frightened weaklings to whom the glories of those times are half-forgotten legends. I have forgotten nothing, and my wisdom has expanded far beyond mere mortal frailties."

— Ahriman of the Thousand Sons

>"Faithful, enlightened, ambtious, brethren. In but a single decade, but a few mere swipes of the pendulum, we have gathered a sacrifice to Khorne that will be made legend. Though it was a simpler, weaker voice that illuminated me during my centuries upon the Judgement of Carrion, it was Khorne's messenger who showed me the true path of freedom from our pathetic corpse-Emperor. And what is this path? This meaning, this purpose to which we gather the skulls of our foes? It is nothing. There is no meaning, no purpose. We murder. We kill. It is mindless savagery, this UNIVERSE IS MINDLESS! In mere hours, billions will die. Innocent! Guilty! Strong and weak! Honest and deceitful! ALL of them! They will scream, they will burn, and for no purpose but that mighty Khorne may revel in their bloodshed! And united in this void of purpose, fear, or duty, we! Shall at long last! Be FREE! Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! LET! THE GALAXY! BURN!"

- Azariah Kyras

The Ahriman lf John French is actually quite based imo. He really wants to unfuck what he did, and sometimes you even see that he'd want to be part or the Imperium again, yet knows that will probably never happen. It's kinda sad really.

> We are mighty because we are right. We are not right because we are mighty. Vile will be the day when the inverse becomes our creed.

30k quotes are full of feels and regret.

>ctrl-f: WAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
>0 results
one job ya gits

>chastises a thread for not quoting WAAAAGH!!
>misspells it horribly

>car'n bout spell'n
zog you
i'll krup ya

DEN LETZ GET IT ZOGGIN GOIN THEN YA GIT!