Real life fantastic names

During my regular tri-weekly wiki-binge I came across a real person by the name of Baron Overstone. This was possibly the most high-fantasy name I've ever seen, up there with Thurl Ravenscroft. What real people with amazingly fantasy names are you aware of?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manley_Laurence_Power
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manley_Power
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leone_Sextus_Tollemache
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Zinzendorf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My grandfather's best friend was named Aloysius Winters. I always thought that was fucking kickass, but it's also probably the name of every other edgy DeviantArt OC.

I knew a girl in middle school who's name was Autumn Llywelyn, which always made me think of elves.

Wilford Brimley.

All the most epic names can be correctly pronounced while chewing a mouthful of beef.

Was reading about Zeppelins when I came across this jem
"No. 39 Squadron. 2nd lieutenant Wulstan Tempest succeeded in setting fire to the airship, which came down near Potters Bar"

...Isn't that the guy from Gerry Andersons Stingray?

One of the guys on critical role was called Orion Acabra or something similar, which I thought was an excellent name.

I've once had a customer named Gareth Stonebreaker

A Swedish woman, named Slejamma Dragos
And her husband Valor

Some autistic guy who used to come to my LGS was named Arthur Frost which I thought was kind of a cool name

I remember that the lady who writes MLP has the surname Faust.

I thought that was pretty dope the first time I heard it.

Admiral Sir Manley Power

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manley_Laurence_Power

If the "Laurence" in the middle is an issue then his grandfather, General Sir Manley Power.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manley_Power

One of my friends' name is "Aurora Firesong" (well, translates to that, since she's not English), which totally sounds like a protagonist in some cheesy fantasy story. And yes, it's an extremely unusual name even here (the last name, at least. Aurora is also a rare name, but not one that would register as really weird by itself).

Leone Sextus Denys Oswolf Fraudatifilius Tollemache-Tollemache de Orellana Plantagenet Tollemache-Tollemache

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leone_Sextus_Tollemache

Post original name
I always though Billy Bishop had a pretty cool name

Also Manfred Von Richthofen obviously

Nikolaus Ludwig, Reichsgraf von Zinzendorf und Pottendorf

Or just Count Zinzendorf for short.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolaus_Zinzendorf

Aurora Tulilaulu ("Firesong" in Finnish).

>Arthur Frost
>cool name
heh

> Google that surname 'cause it sounds dope
> this is the first thing that pops up

There is a professor at my university who used to be the chair for the religion department. His name was Dr. William Power. or, Dr. Will Power

What are we looking at here, user?

A swedish gaming buddy back in the was called Bjorn and he came from this town called hellsong in swedish. We called him Bjorn Hellsong which I still think sounds metal as shit. He was kind of a wuss personality wise though.

I don't get it

My name is Jojakim Silverstone (last name translated)
It's kinda fantasy-like

Is there a joke I'm missing?

Sounds like a Dark Souls NPC

There's a photographer in my town whose name is Alizay Rath

A Hungarian astrologer named Maximilian Hell.

"frost" and "cool" both have to do with low temperatures.

How do you pronounce your first name? (If you can phoneticize it that would be perfect)

WWII American ace of aces, man by the name of Dick Bong. Died testing jet aircraft at the end of the war - in another universe he could have been the first man on the moon.

Also an old guy volunteering at my last polling place was named Gene Deatherage. Metal.

The middle guy has a textbook hard to pronounce fantasy name.

Max Venturi, Lamborghini test driver.

There was a kid in my high school named Ashraf Abu ZamZam, which I always thought was a neat.

I have a friend called Drazen Ostoi, his name is croatian.
When i met him i though it was his username.

I knew a guy in college called Maximilian Bane. I told him it sounded like a supervillain name. Billionaire Industrialist Maximilian Bane.