Pathfinder General

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Time Travelling Heroes Edition

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
>pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

In 2016 an obese dumbass named Jason Bhulman errata'd the Equipment Book and murdered my Ring of Ferocious Action and Quick Runner's Shirt. I have assembled a bored group of anons to browse throughout time and save all the unerrata'd content. Unfortunately my plan is opposed by the site I'd sworn my allegiance to, the PFSRD. In the future these anons may not be heroes, but if we succeed they'll be remembered as Based.

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19)
>paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Please search for the Uneratta'd content here. Save them, and wait for Nerfonomicon user to compile them.
web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/ioun-stones/pale-green-prism-ioun-stone
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/boots-of-the-battle-herald
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI),
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Mick as best.

So I've heard Life Oracle is the best option for being a dedicated healer. Is there anything more specifically I should look at in terms of feats or options to improve it further?

>Mick
>not Snart
I want that parka, it looks comfy as hell.

Why exactly did they nerf the Ring of Ferocious Action AGAIN? They already nerfed Twist Away, which was its only exploit that I'm aware of, so why would you nerf the other half of the combo after you've already closed the exploit loophole?

Snart and Ray are close seconds but it could just be I' starved for a good Superman regarding that last one.

Move I doubt, though I know there are some swift action abilities to attack (though the only ones that springs to mind is mythic powers)
It's still a stupidly useless feat

What happens when I cast polymorph any object on a familiar?

Like for example I want to turn my familiar into a solar or something. I'm not entirely sure what all happens.

So, /pfg/, I'm sure someone's asked before how to run someone with higher mental stats than themselves. I have the opposite problem:

I can't seem to play anything or run an NPC with LOWER mental stats than myself. As in, I try to throw an Ogre at my players and he's taunting them in complete sentences, or the Dire Boar sees the Wizard as a bigger threat than the Monk and charges him first, and when I'm a player my 8 WIS Barbarian is spotting less-than-obvious ambushes.

How do you do it, /pfg/?

Clearly, you need to drink more.

Depends. I'm currently playing someone with a lower INT than I'd see myself having (I'm not gonna pretend I'm some genius, I read a lot, learn well, and my character hasn't even really attended a school of any kind). It was hard at first, but over time I started building a way of talking. Smaller words, less complex sentences, that sort of stuff.
Can't help you much for Wisdom, as all things considered that'd be my low stat.
At least for the ambush spotting, it could be a case of training over natural talent. With the boar, try to look at it from a really basic point of view; who looks physically weaker? They'd likely go down first, and'd probably be the first person the boar went for. Alternatively, it might just go after the biggest looking thing. Not much of an animal guy. With something like an ogre, just try to talk stupid. It gets easier, as my DM's attested to

this could possibly help, but I've never been in a game drunk yet

>Please search for the Uneratta'd content here. Save them, and wait for Nerfonomicon user to compile them.
Wouldn't it be easier to just check the original PDF?

The PFSRD changed to follow the errata.
The original pdf isn't available to everyone and has its own share of several iterations of changes before the current.

The trove has 1st printing version, user.

If not 1pp limited, there's the Vitalist.
You can also adjust mid or higher level Gamblers to have effectively unlimited healing, though your actual healing power in any given action is lower.

Hey /pfg/, I'm that strangler from the previous thread. I've got another ruling question for you gurus.
Pinning Knockout says if you deal nonleathal damage to a pinned opponent you're in a grapple with while using a light, onehanded or unarmed strike, you double your damage result. Does this include nonleathal sneak die and constriction? The phrasing confuses me somewhat as it doesn't say double your weapon damage, or die, but the *result* of your damage for whenever you damage. Wouldn't this proc off feats like Kraken style, or the constrict abilities, given they're unarmed strikes and not natural attacks?

Thanks for any help in advance! Sorry I don't have a whole lot to contribute, but here's some topical character art, hope it helps fill your folders!

Hello /pfg/, could you please assist me?

Are there any magical items that improve touch attack's attack roll specifically, without being tied to a weapon or type of attack?

I'm playing a Warlock Vigilante and I need a bit more to hit chance with melee mystic bolts, but sadly I'm all out of feats but still have plenty of gold, is there anything I can do?

Nothing official has been said about the Unchained rogue and the ki pool talent for using ninja powers has it?

Ahh, the kineticist problem.
First, get a cracked one of these:
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/h-l/ioun-stones/pale-green-prism-ioun-stone

Bracers of Falcon's Aim used to be better though.
Used to be. ;_;

Next if you're really rich, these are okay:
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/a-b/boots-of-the-battle-herald

And finally warlock vigilantes are bad

Is it Questions Hour?

I wanna know if it's possible to build a fear-based Slayer. I basically wanted to build a Rogue that was intimidate and combat based, because Rogue has sweet fucking intimidate features through archetypes especially, but the BAB/HD/lack-of-being-a-big-tough-guy-class bothered me and I wondered if Slayer could do it instead?

From what I understand, you won't double any additional bonus damage dice such as sneak attack and constrict. Things that add flat bonuses such as enhancement, KS, and Str will get multiplied.

So if you are doing the check for the PK the damage does essentially this 2(UnarmedDMG+STR+Enh+KS)+Constrict+SA

As for procing, constrict activates every single grapple check of any kind, including the grapple to maintain.

Kraken would also proc any time you choose to do damage during a grapple.

From DSP's Psionics, the Hero Skin provides a +3 enhancement bonus to attack rolls, alongside a plethora of other bonuses. It's pretty darn expensive though.

Thanks for the answer! I'll follow up with one question though, why wouldn't constrict be added, if it's done with an unarmed strike? If the PC has Anaconda Coils to gain constrict and isn't using a natural attack since it does not give you one but rather an ability, and the PC does damage with only unarmed, why wouldn't it proc from K.O.P., or rather, what kind of damage would it be otherwise?
Thanks again, and sorry to pry!

AntiPaladin / Dread
Aura of Cowardice and Aura of Fear stacks, giving your enemies a -8 resistance vs fear.
Its also a staple intimidate build because its the only class that has both class features AND feats that allow them to intimidate things normally immune to fear, as well as abilities to stack fear effects greater, causing enemies to be a panicked mess that can't even put a fight.

Constrict is actually its own special attack, separate from your melee attacks that deals bludgeoning damage. Constrict is an option that can be chosen in every successful grapple check in addition to all normal outcomes.

So when using the KOP with the anaconda coils, you'll activate constrict if you make a successful grapple check. This separate attack will deal 1d6+STR. Then you deal the results of KOP.

So the reason its not doubled by KOP is cause it is its own attack.

However, rereading Kraken Style you'll add that to Constrict damage as well.

So Results of the check to deal damage is this
2(UnarmedDMG+STR+Enh+KS)+SA
Then it does the Constrict which in your case
1d6+STR+KS.

So with KS, Constrict, and KOP you can get triple Wisdom damage in one round.

Thanks, I'll check 'em out.

RIP the character I guess

Wait... if I use alter self to turn myself into Kasatha, I still can't use all 4 arms to attack because I don't have "Multi-armed" racial trait quality??

Nope. You're screwed that way.

Bingo.

Having them doesn't mean you're coordinated in using them.

Alright.. which humanoid has the most natural attacks then? Anything that can do more than Claw Claw Bite?

Does Alter Self actually get you natural attacks?

So if I were to make a mock combat would this be correct?
Turn 1: PC is higher than NPC on turn order avoids combat and swifts into turtle clutch style.
Turn 2: PC holds action until attacked by NPC. NPC attacks PC, NPC misses. PC uses Turtle Clutch and makes an immediate grapple attempt, attempt succeeds, PC swifts into kraken style,NPC takes constrict damage+KS damage(Does grab damage apply here as well?) on their own turn, then PC uses held action on their own turn now that the prereq was met, maintains the grapple, does constrict+KS damage, standards to damage for(3d6+12 unarmed)+(6d6+6 constrict final embrace master)+(6 KS, wrack)+(6d6+6 sap master sneak) nonlethal damage.
Turn 3: NPC fails to escape
Turn 4: Maintain for constrict+KS, Standard to repeat damage, Move to pin, damage procts from constrict, and then swift to damage in a pin for (unarmed+mods)*2)+constrict+SA nonlethal
NPC should be out by now, and possibly dead from excessive nonlethal.

Does this look right to you so far? Damage dice as estimated from a level 1 monk-martial artist/8 brawler-strangler, with 22 str, anaconda coils, monks robes, and mighty fist of impact.

Thanks again for your continued feedback!

They do because of Polymorph subschool rule.
> In addition to these benefits, you gain any of the natural attacks of the base creature, including proficiency in those attacks.

I forgot to mention this accounts for improved, greater and rapid grappler. Turn 2 should have a move action to damage, or pin depending.

Keep in mind, nonlethal only converts to lethal once they have nonlethal equal to their MAX hp, not current.

Oh I'm aware, but I think that during a pin, doing a cumulative damage 3 times a round in a pin for (9d6+36+12)*2)+(18d6+18)+(18d6+18) averaging 321 nonlethal in a single round, given I can standard, move and swift with my feats, at level 9.

The Mystic's Animus class feature doesn't say any limit for the animus pool, just what it begins at. Based on some of the later class features I am unsure on whether or not it can grow past 1+wis mod or if that is the limit. Anyone know for sure what the deal is with this?

If I recall, it can be gathered endlessly, but it all goes at the end of combat, and it only accumulates so fast.

Hi /pfg/. I recently starter to DM, and i am running a seafaring campain at the moment. So far we are having a blast.
In the last session the alchemist of the group attacked a riche fatty merchant and his two bodyguards in a tavern. Things went wrong, tavern burned.
It turns out that the owner is kind of the godfather of this district. The owner thinks the merchant is responsible for the fire.

Do you have some ideas on How to run an interesting Man Hunting scenario, regarding rules, and outcome possibilities? I did not expect the players to be that deep in troubles.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

> This spell functions like greater polymorph
> Greater Polymorph = (Beastshape 4, Elemental Body 3, Alter Self, Plant Shape 2, Form of the Dragon 1)

You can't be outsider.

>Her animus pool persists for one minute after the last enemy combatant is defeated or the encounter otherwise ends.
>Outside combat, a mystic has no animus to spend

Other than that, you can have any amount of animus. Note that the Extra Animus feat doesn't increase your capacity, only your starting amount, lending support to the idea that there is no real 'capacity'.
The only limits are on individual uses of animus (such as class feature augments, Elemental Flux augments, and the Animus Healing feat).

Rolled 6, 6, 2, 5, 2, 6, 1, 6, 2, 5, 6, 1, 6, 6, 1, 6, 3, 6, 2, 1, 2, 4, 1, 2 = 88 (24d6)

Rolling my stats

Im the pally from last thread, should I put the 8 into Int or Wis?

I don't think I can agree with that outfit. High heels are just plain bad, and her right boot going all the way up to the crotch would also affect mobility.

Yes

Yes.

>17 14 13 18 11 8
>equivalent of 37PB
This is why I don't roll.

Ah yes, the good old stupid paladin trope.

Put it in fucking dex and actually play an intelligent, wise paladin, you wretch.

But they need to murderhobo things

but if I'm not dexterous, how do I keep up with the bard in the sack?

Wis.
Play a female.
Ask the DM to let you be CG.
Final destination.

Is this an okay 20pt stat spread for Samsaran Druid?

15 10 14(-2) 8(+2) 16(+2) 10

Probably going into melee from time to time, but spend most of the time casting stuff.

Didn't someone make a whole thread about this image yesterday? What's even the point of posting it here? Just for (You)s?

Well if he's going for the JJ waifu route he should switch from Paladin to Cleric of Milani.

Rolled 6, 7 = 13 (2d10)

Is Chosen One an acceptable Archetype for Paladin?

I am Norris, Chuck Norris
You are the Batman wizard, you gain the ability to cast ninth-level spells, and only ninth level spells, 9/day. You need not verbalise the casting mechanism, each spell is personified in an action of awesome.

Diesel Vince
You now add moose to the list of Animals Who Have Fought You And Lost.
You add a +4 untyped bonus to Str. You benefit from a +4 bonus to Favoured Enemy (all). You can also see in the dark, out to a distance of 60 ft., additionally, you are granted low-light vision. If you previously had low-light vision, you see four times as clearly. Finally, you receive a +1 bonus on all Knowledge skills.

THIS. IS. SPARTA!
Your legs bulge with thick and corded muscles. You gain a +10 untyped bonus to the Jump skill. Any increment distance of 10 feet in the direction you jump allows you to hover as the feat.
Your voice deepens into a sonorous projection, this can be used as a sonic attack dealing sonic damage as the shout spell.
Your beard becomes richer and more luxuriant, granting you a +2 natural armour bonus.

And Then He Was A Zombie
You were first a demon, then you were a zombie.
You benefit from both the outsider (demon) and undead types at the same time. Where the types confer the same immunity, they stack rather than overlap.

Offering of Cake
Your offer of cake and other assorted sugary fare influences your enemies' attitude to a more agreeable Friendly; their initial attitude can be anywhere from hostile to unfriendly to indifferent. Enemies now try to help you, albeit in a limited manner, and will also advocate on your behalf. Additionally, you gain a +4 cake bonus to Diplomacy; this in effect in any situation that warrants its use. 3/day, with cake in hand, you may also speak words that have the same effect as a charm monster spell.

The Cake is a Lie
You cause a geas/quest effect to take form, and can manipulate any targets with promises of moist cake. Any action your target takes that is at odds with your request or requests imposes 3d6 penalties to the applicable ability scores each day.
Any time, you sing this song (youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI), your target is fascinated (as the condition) and under a suggestion. The song must be sung in its entirety and without error.
At the end of the quest, you may reveal that the cake has been and always was a lie; the target is always unwilling when this takes affect. This reveal causes the target to be at first, stunned (as the condition) and then raging (as the barbarian's; at their class level).

Alright, I think one of our online players just died.
Who wants to join a weekly game right NOW?
Level 3, 25 point buy, 3PP allowed.
We use voice chat through skype and roll20 to play.

Give me your skype details.

ERP? You knew it bound to happen sooner or later

What the fuck is this meme bullshit?

Rolled 3 (1d4)

Holy shit, this feat list. Someone please just tell me the most standard recommendations for a paladin.

I'll be taking Longsword Scion Ithink, but humans have a bonus feat

Sweet! I'll start rolling up my chained monk.

Power attack, Furious focus, use a 2handed weapon and max Strength & Charisma.

Is this legit? Post times.

Sup pfg I'm looking for help on statin' out these guys for an upcoming encounter. the group is level 10. And I'm looking for a link to any website that I could quickly make the four knights of gwyn and possibly Smough. How would you go about creating the four knights of gwyn for you games user?

Also Fey foundling is nice for your Lay on hands.

9pm - 1am GMT+8.

>It's a Mick & Snart episode

Lots and lpts of Parh of War.

Malaysian? Singapore? Pinoy? Thai ladyboy?

2 Malaysians, 1 american, 1 canadian.

You could change it into anything detailed by Greater Polymorph, using the duration tables listed on the spell

Word of Healing is nice if you're the only melee person.

Well then.

What's the party composition? What's your views/willingness to use third-party? Is there any third party you have a predisposition towards?

>Ray
>Second
Ray vs Leviathan was the single best sequence in the series thus far.

Stein is also acceptable.

Am I reading this right? As a Fighter with the Thrown weapons group, you choose Throwing Shield. At 6th level you take Ricochet Toss. You can now throw your shield infinite times per turn and get it back instantly.

>This shield is designed for throwing and has specially designed straps allowing you to unclasp and throw it as a free action.

>When you make a ranged attack with an appropriate thrown weapon, the weapon returns to your hand immediately after the attack is resolved.

The other one is Throwing Shield+Blinkback belt. Dunno if it's errata'd or not, but the intended rule is that unclasping it to throw it is a free action, not the throwing itself.

Remember the rule about how "GMs can limit how many free actions you can perform" or somesuch.

Is there a long term flying spell (like Overland Flight) on Druid spell list?

I want a flying Axe Beak...

Wild Shape.

How is Fey Trickster? I heard it was great somewhen but looking at it it looks shit.

Air walk is 10 minutes per level, but divine casters don't get lots of mobility spells, and druids mostly rely on their wild shape anyway...

I knew I can wild shape myself into flying creature (while keeping my companion as a stone statue via carry companion spell), but it's not the same as riding a flying chocobo.

So I kept hearing kineticist's were bad, so I built one to see how it actually plays out.
132 Hp and only 30 points of nonlethal from burn gives me plenty of HP to work with, especially since since the burn is boosting my AC and giving me evasion in addition to adding +3 to hit and +6 to damage.

My regular blasts throw out 5d6+18, but I can't remember the last time I didn't just empower it for an extra +2d6+2 points of damage.

Next level I'm going to get to go full super sayajin and throw out 12d6+24 thunderstorm blasts every round, or maximized empowered thunderstorms when I charge for a round prior for flat 138 points of half bludgeoning, half electricity. With +18 to hit I'm not likely to miss either.

Or I can charge for a full round and whip out my kinetic thunderstorm whips for 4 (5 when hasted) empowered thunderstorm slaps that deal 18d6+24 per.

Or I can throw out a maximized chained electric blast for 45, 39, 36, 30 etc electric which is great cause I'm in iron gods and running up against robots quite frequently.

Why were kineticists considered bad again? Something about archery?

90d6+120 damage over two rounds seems pretty reasonable to me for a level 11 character.

MOLTHUNE GET OUT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

have it perch on a broom of flying.

Reflavor roc as a chocobo?

empower affect every number variable... So you should get (5d6+18)*0.5 = 19 extra damage not 2d6+2 = 9 extra damage.

How do you get 5 attack when haste?
2 from BAB
1 from Haste
Where is the other 2 came from?

Empowered gives 1/2 of the variable by level effects, which is 1d6+1 increased by 1d6+1 at 3rd and every odd level thereafter so at level 10 it's only an extra half of the 5d5+5 from an air blast of 10d6+10 from a thunderstorm blast at level. The other 12 points of damage are coming from con mod (6) and elemental overflow (6) which aren't variable

Two weapon fighting and improved two weapon fighting.
Also kinetic whips are light reach weapons which can strike non-reach targets as well.

>Empowered gives 1/2 of the variable by level effects
>Benefit: All variable, numeric effects of an empowered spell are increased by half including bonuses to those dice rolls.
>including bonuses to those dice rolls.

Kineticists get a big boost at level 11 but they struggle to keep up before that.
7d6+20 is about 44.5 average damage, assuming you hit every time (roughly assumed for touch attacks), which is actually pretty damn pitiful for level 10 where your average CR10 enemy has 130HP.

>132 Hp and only 30 points of nonlethal from burn gives me plenty of HP to work with
Assuming you only take 3 burn ever, which is a fair assumption but locks you out of a number of class features and is counterintuitive to how the class is sold.

>Or I can charge for a full round
You seriously think this is an option when it leaves you open for an entire turn for any enemy with a brain to hit you and potentially make you waste your round and be punished with burn for it? Your GM's being nice.
>kinetic thunderstorm whips for 4 (5 when hasted) empowered thunderstorm slaps that deal 18d6+24 per.
How are you getting 4 attacks nonhasted at level 11?

And where are you getting the +18 to hit from? Putting 22 into DEX and burning feat slots on PBS and Weapon Focus?

> You can use this form infusion once as part of an attack action, a charge action, or a full-attack action in order to make melee attacks with your kinetic blade.
> You can use this form infusion once

You can't make multiple Whip/Blade in one action, so you can't actually use it on both hand.

You can't two weapon fight with kinetic weapon form infusions until level 17.
You can only use one kinetic blast per round, which can have one form and one substance infusion on it.
You can't apply Kinetic Blade or Whip twice.

Your GM may have homeruled it and that's fine, but acknowledge that kinetics are far less impressive by RAW.
Without burning themselves to death by noon, at least.

As much as I WANT you to be right, I'm pretty sure that /variable/ bonuses to die rolls are multiplied, while /static/ bonuses to die rolls remain the same.
Waaait it specifies saving throws and opposed rolls not being affected. Holy shit. Holy shit.

My bad, forgot elemental overflow, that covers for the to-hit.

Other points still stand.