Warhammer 40k General

Auxiliaries are rad Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

ORKS IZ FIRST!

ORKS IZ BEST!

Ork iz tiny grotlet

I am honestly curious, did anyone read and enjoy the battle report of my solo game in the other thread? It was a lot more fun to put together than I expected

SHUT YA GOB YA SNOT.

Yeah, I sometimes enjoy battle reports, and it was better than the usual shitposting.

Kroot is not a codex army.

Why is it up there?

JK

Image quality was a bit poor, but the play by play was fun.

Don't start that again. Not even as a joke.

Thanks. I was just taking the pictures with my phone, if I was going to do it regularly I'd want a better camera, or at least a tripod.

Now that you mention it.

The Kroot is in chicken color. Please recolor.

KDK gets the Blood Tithe. TDK could just get a ton of powers. What would SDK and NDK get as their gimmicks?

I liked it

I like the Kroot, deals with the chicken issue.

Previous thread died before my question was answered, what is the best way to get multiple fortifications?

>NDK
What would Nuffle Daemon Kin get? I dunno, blitz moves?

never gonna happen, but if it did slaanesh gets 4+ rending or the old school rending on rolls to hit

What's a good site to host a painting/battle report blog? Are picture and text reports preferable, or should I try to make video reports?

Nurgle:
>Gift of apathy special rule:
Each turn before your movement phase you gain a token of apathy.

At any point in the game, you may expend a token declare a unit to receive Nurgle's gift of apathy. This may be your own unit or an enemy unit.

For the rest of the game, the unit gains Fearless, Feel No Pain, and Slow And Purposeful. They may also not take Look Out Sir! tests, and if they may not benefit from Hatred, Rage, or Preferred Enemy.

Command Squad
3 flamer 1 hflamer, krak grenades, carapace, Chimera W/dozer blade and relic plating,
3 meltavets in chimeras with dozer blades
1 demovet Squad with shotguns and 3 Meltas

Valkyrie, MRP

Vulture, Punisher Cannons and armoured cockpit

Wyvern Battery, 2 Wyverns

Stormsword, Lascannon+ HB Sponsons
have 15 points to throw around somewhere

Going to go to my LGS for a game, should I livepost updates for how the game goes? Would anyone be interested

Nice, nice.

I commented in the other thread. Good job user. Better than the shit posting that been going on.

camo net for commands chimera

picture/text. video reports are a masive cancer upon the earth certain that I read faster than you talk, so basically you're just wasting my time with videos of stuff that remains static.

Im going to start painting my first miniatures today, cadian shock troops. Should i do some goofy color scheme or just the regular khaki/green one?

I wanna do a goofy one to be honest.

Not to mention that you almost always have the option of reading, where watching a video requires a lot more attention, a headset of some kind, or just a location where you wouldn't be bothering people.

what armies?

Talk me out of this :
1850 pts
HQ
Inquisitor Corteaz 100pts
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor 127pts
Psyker ML 1
Force Sword
Plasmna Pistol
Liber Heresius
Rad Grenades
Psychotroke Grenades
3 x Servo Skulls
Power Armour
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor 28pts
1x SevoSkulls

Elites
6x Inq. Warband (6 x 65pts each = 390pts)

11 Acolytes w/Bolter (5pts each)
1 Psyker (10pts)

2x Inq Warband (2 x 235pts each = 470pts)
5 Jokaero (35pts each)
Chimera w/ Dozer Blade (60pts)

1x Inq Warband (265pts)
3 Crusader (15pts each)
4 Death Cult Assassin (15pts each)
1 Ministorum Pries (25 pts)
Valkyrie w/ Multilaser, RocketPods (135 pts)

Lords of War
1x Knight Crusader (470pts)
Avenger Gatling Cannon
Rapid fire Battle Cannon
Storm Spear Rocket Pod
Heavy Flamer
Heavy Stubber

The first 2 inquisitors would ride in the valk with the combat warband.

Would replacing the knight with an AM artillery detachment be a better use of the pts for some big guns ?

I play sisters, will see who's there when I get there

How many flyers is considered reasonable in a 1500 point army? If I pull out three Vultures and two Valkyries, will people call me a WAAC fag?

You realize that with 5 Jokaero you break the buff roll, right?

That's a whole FUCKTON of air, at least using my local meta group as reference.
In my group 0-1 flyers are the norm. 2 is considered to be on the less fun side of things, and any more than that people won't want to play you.

Yeah, possibly. It's kind of the same problem as knight armies, either people can hard counter you or they can't, and the game kind of sucks if the enemy has a load of basically untouchable units. Multiple vultures may not help your case either.

I'd say for planned games that's fine, but dropping that list in a pick up game is probably a dick move.

What if it was 2 of each and my entire army was only 9 units, counting dedicated transports separately?

Knight armies are garbage, though. Even Orks have the advantage in an objectives game.

>in an objectives game.
They may be able to win, but just standing on objectives taking cover save rolls isn't exactly fun.

yeh, just went with 5 since they can all fire out of the chimera

Someone just needs to edit the Tau face back.

Any good 1500 points IG guard list that is not tank or chimera spam?

So, blob squads? I'd look into Renegades and Heretics for that.

is just that my average opponent use drop pods squads with meltas, so an average tank is destroyed in two turns

also i just hate tank only armies.

Take Coteaz. Stick him in a Quad Gun for maximum fun.

Intentionally bad is still bad.

Point stands

So there is litterally no other viable choice than just having only tanks?

Question on coherency:
If my guys are arranged in a line, and the line is severed thanks to the death of one or more dudes, what happens to the models that aren't coherent anymore? Do they automatically move into a coherent spot?

Noone suggested only tanks.
Tanks$Artillery with meaty bubblewrap.

Trying to blob it up is at best an admirable investment into GW stock or a gimmick hoping 6 turns won't be enough to kill all the obsec bodies planted on objectives.

You must spend your movement phase doing it yourself

OK - thankyou

sso yeah, is there any list with that? im surely not going with only infantry either since they cant do shit.

I suggested R&H because it has rules more conducive to masses of footslogging infantry. Death Korps of Krieg is pretty good for that, too.

Also, Inquisitor Coteaz in a Quad Gun is 200 points that will fuck up any Deep Strike shenanigans. It's a solid counter to any alpha strike list.

>any Deep Strike shenanigans
within twelve inches. Someone tries that one on GK and it bounces off unless you're also sitting with plasma servitors and acolytes, in which case its even pricier. Finally, you can just pod your combimelta sternguard outside of the 12" bubble but within melta range and do it that way

Ok, im a complete idiot that does not understand anything

now you say footslogging infantry, but chimeras and tanks can only move 6" too but im probably missing some rules since i dont have any codex
also i google for RH but cant find anything

It's all a matter of positioning. Coteaz denies a 24" bubble, and you can use Lascannon turrets if you're afraid of Terminators.

Transports have smoke launchers and present a single target for templates rather than 50. They also soak up a surprising amount of damage that would otherwise murder your infantry with no saved allowed.

Renegades and Heretics is a Forgeworld faction. It's basically Chaos IG, but it's got a flavor all its own. It includes a formation specifically for infantry blobs that can bring back destroyed units on a roll of 2+.

so i should ditch stuff like the coinscripts in favour of vets on chimeras only? right now my list is
company command squad

>company command squad: 65
>infantry platoon 2 vanilla troopers+30 conscripts: 245
>two vets on chimera with melta and plasma and a commissar for each squad 220+200
>leeman russ battle tank with lascannon and heavy bolters on the side+leeman russ exterminator (thinking about adding plasmas on the side): 310
>one priest: 25

Have a 2v2 bike game tomorrow.

3000pts per side it is my Ravenwing with a friend's White Scars against flithy Xenos bikers (Ork and Eldar)

Pretty excited because it seems like it will be fun but I don't know if carrying the Orks will be enough to slow down the Eldar.

Our only guidelines are that 1000/1500 have to be put towards bikes, no LoW/Super Heavies and no D.

Does it sound like it will be a good game or should we split up teams a different way. We already threw the Ally Table and Rules out of the window.

Hey guys. Haven't played since 5th but want to get back in. I play Blood Angel's with Dark Angel's allies (since the original 2nd ed. Angels of Death Codex). With the advent of Formations and such, I put together a theoretical list for 1850 point games.
Any thoughts or advice would be welcome. I tried for a fluffy, but hard-hitting list. I don't *think* it's a WAAC list...

Angel's Fury Spearhead Strike Force - 1080 points
-3 Storm Ravens
(TLAC, Multimelta)
-3 10 man Tactical Squads each w/
(Heavy Flamer, Melta Gun)

Ravenwing Abductor Squadron - 490 points
-1 Dark Talon
-2 Nephalem Jet Fighters

Combined Arms Detachment - 280 points
HQ - Brother Corbulo
Troops - 5 man Scout Squad
(Teleport Homer, Storm Bolter, 2 SR, H.Bolter)
Troops - 5 man Scout Squad
(Teleport Homer, Storm Bolter, 2 SR, H.Bolter)

Summary:
5 Troop Slots w/ Objective Secured
40 Models
6 Flyers
5 Heavy Weapons
5 Special Weapons

Weaknesses:
- No AP 3/2
- Warlord weak in challenge
- No hard-hitting Assault Squads

Building a squad of vanguard vets; how should I kit them out?

>Teleport Homers
>No Teleporting units

Don't I need them for the deep striking flyers? To put them where I want them?

do orks nee any new models?

if so i think we need hyper grot unicycles
help me with a statline plz and special rules too

Neve rmind. I'm getting Locator Beacons and Teleport Homer's confused. Again. Derp.

>Ravenwing Abductor Squadron
>Using DftS

Sounds gross. To each their own I suppose. Did they change the cost of the RW fliers in that book because with the same units the Silence Squadron is 500pts.

It isn't WAAC at all, kind of looks.... not so good.
>- No AP 3/2

The flying formation is 490 points bare.
I DO get the rift cannon.
I've got 9 rending shots a turn from the Storm Ravens so that's something. Also Corbulo has rending on his attacks so there's that too.
I'll run it and see what happens.

Just about to buy some chimeras for my vets (they've been footslogging it with the platoon plebs all this time), how do chimeras play out? I my mind they're going to be pushing objectives whilst covered by my Punishers/Vanquishers.

>trying to force a meme
Stop.

Metal boxes are great, you will get mileage from them.

Take a psyker with technokineses for extra lulz.

I HEAR VOICES IN MY HEAD THEY COUNCIL ME THEY UNDERSTAND

sticking my CCS, a vet squad with plasma and another with melta in them. The CCS is not my warlord so I'm not too fussed about sending him into the fray.

>I'll run it and see what happens.
That's all you can do, each meta is different.
I play pure ravenwing in my more competitive meta and my 1850 list brings ~20 Ap2 or better guns.

so what would be a good reason in fluff to ally with the tyranids?

do tournaments care about the color scheme of your marines?

There isn't any. That is why they don't have allies. They are mindless killing creatures that do as the Hive Mind says.

Never one that I have been too, though some (most) won't let you play with a grey army and may have a minimal colour standard.

>i2
>bs2

Other Tyranids and Jeanstealers.

Maybe a mini-faction of all those feral Tyranid creatures (like the Catachan Devil or what-it's-called)

Anyone got games this weekend?

My friend recently started a Tau army so we are having a 750pt game this afternoon.

So far no Riptides so that is cool.

He will be bringing Crisis Suits, a Commander and a Broadside and a bunch of scattered drones. Then a single squad of (I think) Fire Warrior Breachers.

Not sure if I should take it easy on him or teach him that his army is still killable.

I was going to have a game but I'd have to face a Knight Crusader and Grav Centurions for a fifth time so I passed. What are you using against the Tau?

How viable would be a template spam AM army?
Grenade launchers, mortars, flamers, Basilisks, Wyverns, Manticores and maybe a Russ variant or two... you know, all the fun stuff.

>What are you using against the Tau?

Depends how nice I want to be.

CAD Necrons is probably the easiest for him to deal with.

Dark Eldar may be too fragile to bring anymore. They may just flop but probably hit harder then a bunch of Necron Warriors.

Space Wolves without TWC or a minimal unit of them OR RWSF could get up in his suits face really quick.

Lastly a small IG force, but I am unsure he could deal with a single Leman Russ at 750.

Viable enough to be a pain in casual but not so much it wouldn't get wrecked by anyone trying.

If he's totally new and hasn't played before I'd say the Guard might be a good army to introduce with but it really depends on what Russ variant it is.

>tau
>bs3
>t3

which race is the MOST grimdark 40kg

Squats, because they died.

humans

>what Russ variant it is.
Pretty much any of them.
I could take two squads of Vets in Chimeras and maybe an artillery piece and any leman russ variant.
Not sure what HQ to bring, I havent really used my IG, just bought a decent lot from a player that was quitting but he magnetized a bunch of crap.

How do I take more than one fortification in an army? Is it possible with a single detachment?

The Exterminator is probably the nicest one to take while still being useful.

but do they care if you sub ultramarines for salamanders or something like that?

As long as you don't try to switch it between games you should be fine.
If half your army is blue and the other dark green they may say wtf but its a case by case basis.

You can take a network with your Fortification Slot. AFAIK, you'll need multiple CAD's if you want multiple fortifications that aren't in a network.

how to make orks better???

I play quite well but am always destroyed by
tau,grey knights,sphees mahrens

what do you people of tg think we should do

>what do you people of tg think we should do
Use the Ork Fandex
>B-but my group won't allow Homebrews
Then you are fucked.

All of them really. Besides tau and orks.

Hey Veeky Forums

How have you converted your HQs from BaC?
I have them on the desk with no idea what to do with them.

Autism compels me from assembling them standard.

Chaos when written competently, particularly during that early phase where every action the heretic is forced to do is pure agony on their soul but they have no other choice for whatever reason.

Has anyone painted their army like this?

Like most of BaC it is pretty set in its monopose ways. Lop off limbs and cut angles then redo joints with greenstuff.

Ask /wip/ tbqhfam

Any ultramarine player with open masks?

Though I think a mega-man army would look like shit.

I want to hire somebody to paint my mini's. Is there anyone out there who will do this?