Warmahordes General

Khador Stronk Edition

DON'T BEG THE CRYX CROPPING FAGGOT HE WILL NOT POST SPOILERS

POLISH LEAKERBRO CANNOT POST KHADOR, MENOTH OR SKORNE WITHOUT BEING IDENTIFIED DO NOT ASK HIM FOR THEIR CARDS

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
What factions do you play, not just own but actually play?
strawpoll.me/10138678

Other urls found in this thread:

beastsofwar.com/liveblogentry/beyond-mk-iii-a-new-warp-wolf-for-circle-orboros/
privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-05-19-2016
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?251284-OFFICIAL-Insider-05-19-William-Hungerford-ADR-Champions
youtube.com/user/ThePaintingClinic
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Via: beastsofwar.com/liveblogentry/beyond-mk-iii-a-new-warp-wolf-for-circle-orboros/

Thanks

I really want to play Circle warlocks/beasts with Minions. Why must I be so tempted?

Dead leakers dead thread dead game

What are you goys working on at the moment?

Are you planning to pick up one of the new battleboxes or start a new faction for MKIII?

Mortenebra?
Nightmare?
Karchev?

>What are you goys working on at the moment?

Painting some Man-o-Wars since it looks like they might actually be decent soon. Really looking forward to the new Behemoth sculpt, too.

In the process of moving so spoilers are the only fix I can get right now.

Any news on Steamroller 2016?

>Any news on Steamroller 2016?

privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-05-19-2016

privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?251284-OFFICIAL-Insider-05-19-William-Hungerford-ADR-Champions

Started painting the new Reliant. Looking nice so for but the paint keeps coming off for no reason. I washed it and based it. But a single light swipe of a finder is enough to take 3 thin layers of paint off. Guess I'll have to simple-green it and start over.

Getting my Mercs painted up after most of them collected dust for two years. Already done with both Magnusi and all his warjacks (2x Renegade, Rover, Mangler), Ashlynn, Rocinante, TAC, and a few solos.

Not looking forward to the giant pile of solos and 10-man units I've still got left to go.

>What are you goys working on at the moment?

Back when Flameguard Cleansers went on sale, I bought a unit and assembled them. Now I'm going to actually paint them up.

And I'm dusting off and touching up my Harbinger, as I look forward to playing her in a lot more casual games.

Mainly focussed on Malifaux but been tempted to paint my Cygnar for Mk3 however made me realise I might end up painting Khador.

I don't want to buy more stuff but I've been putting off gett MoW's because they sucked. I have a Bombadier Bombshell sitting being the only unpainted Khador model I own and I might want to buy them soon.

I'm actually finishing up some shocktroops right now, too.

Also painting Drago and my pair of Berserkers.

This may sound crazy, but try washing the model with soap and water before painting. If there is release agent left on the plastic, paint won't adhere properly.

It's a good habit to just wash and brush (with an old toothbrush) new models and letting them dry before painting.

>This may sound crazy, but try washing the model with soap and water before painting.
Yeah I must have not been thorough enough in that.

What primer do you use?

Vallejo airbrush primer. Worked fine so far.

I just hope I can fix this without stripping the entire model. That's a problem with plastic.

Please share some farrow minions spoilers :) preferably Carver and war hog (rodak Ĺ‚adnie prosi :)) , i don't know what to buy fro ma chap who want to get rid of them ....

Will said that the minions insider is going to show the Brigand's card.

Brigand's card is a top of the iceberg in terms of pig community needs i am afraid :) , anyway they have been late with minion insider ....and now some of beast bellower was left in sorrow and solitude

Rattle can primers are better for gaming pieces. While airbrushes give great thin coats, they're not as sturdy as rattle can coats are. I always use rattle can for my primer than airbrush whatever over the top.

So I know we're meant to clean PP models before we base/paint them because it helps it stick and all that. But what do you guys use?

Does normal dishwashing soap work? Are there any brands to avoid (Australian btw)? Do I just scrubs them with a toothbrush, or will that make them scratchy?

If I wash a model that's already been glued, assuming it's glued properly and I'm gentle, will the water weaken the bond/break the model?

I dunno, I just use some krylon spray primer and never have any issues with needing to wash plastics. Shit works on anything.

With metals, sometimes you can actually see grime on it and then I wash it, but if it looks clean I don't bother.

I've been using a toothbrush and water with a few drops of washing up liquid in.

99% of the time it makes no difference, but warm soapy water (hand soap or dish soap is fine) is all you need.

Beautiful, thanks guys!

I don't think I'd be able to get my hands on Krylon, but it's good to know with some primers it wont matter!

Sidenote, do you guys normally make your bases BEFORE you put the painted product on, or paint on the base then base over?

Base before undercoating.
The undercoat helps seal the basing material onto the base.

What if you're undercoating with something like... snow and you have black primer? Do you just pain the snow white or do you make exceptions?
I can see that working for sand and whatnot though.

Second question: Do you just use some kind of sealant/ varnish on your models? I've heard some people say a non-gloss sealant is crucial to finishing any model, but at the same time have heard of people who don't even know they exist. Thoughts?

Depends on the model and base.

If it's a generic guy on a sandy base then I will base before I prime and paint it afterwards. If it's an important piece and I'm building the base up with some work or detailed stuff then I will do both independently and pin the model to the base.

I always prime black because I hate having to deal with white in the recesses.

Snow bases go like this.

Cork rocks > PVA glue sand down > PVA glue over cork and sand to seal both > Prime black > Paint dark brown > Dry brush lighter brown > Paint rock grey > Drybrush rock > Add a thinned ink if needed to add more depth > Mix baking soda with PVA glue to make paste > apply paste to base > Let dry then give another coat of PVA to seal it down if not happy with it's strength

Varnishes come in 3 types.

Gloss varnish is for protection. It forms a thin coat of glossy plastic over the model to protect it.
Matte varnish is to take the shine off of something and to bring out the colours. It's an even thinner coat of plastic and offers no protection.
Satin varnish is between the two of them. It offs some protection and will take the edge off of shine.

If you want to do it the proper way you gloss then give it a day and matte. If you're not a retard and can take care of your shit, satin will be fine in almost every situation.

You seem new. Have a youtube channel. youtube.com/user/ThePaintingClinic

Picking up the khador starter. Owning 3 juggernauts doesn't look bad this edition and I can change the decimator to torch.

Decimator is also quite good.

So, the baking soda + PVA paste is your snow later? Does the baking soda not just kind of.... dissolve?

And yeah, I am pretty horribly knew to the hobby aspect of it all. I tried painting a very long time ago and was fucking terrible so I stopped. Looking to play the game properly now so I should paint my shit, thanks for the channel, man. Any ideas of channels that show you full-on painting videos? Like, overhead view including the brush strokes they make? (Not sure if that channel shows it or not, haven't checked, if it does, my bad)

Skorne all the way. I'll have to see a doctor about xekaar because my erection has lasted far longer than 4 hours

It hardens up into a nice snow effect.

Doctor faust has great tutorial videos from the very basics to top tier shit. It's what you're looking for.

After about a year or two baking soda will turn yellow and look like ass

Use snow flock

I have pearly white baking soda from 5 years ago, so nice urban myth you have there.

huh. Mind if I ask you how you did yours? All the bases on my snowy-mountainside night goblin army turned yellow a little while ago, and it was a bitch and a half to redo. I mixed roughly 2:1 PVA to vallejo white, mixed baking soda into that, thinned it, slopped it on, and then (this is where I realize now I mighta fucked up) sprinkled more baking soda on top to make it look fresh. Maybe it has to be sealed with the PVA or something? IDK, I feel like if you're not on a minuscule budget snow flock isn't ever gonna turn yellow and you might as well not risk it but as you said YMMV.

P.S. to fix my yellow snow I painted it over white, and then used the Secret Weapon crushed glass snow, looks pretty fucking boss. Since I have them multibased (for KoW), I'm not too worried about crushed glass flaking off during transport and play. Applying the stuff with goggles gloves and respirator was a little nerve-wracking though lol. The crushed glass effect really doesn't photograph well, but it makes excellent, shimmery wet-looking snow, like how snow looks after sitting in the sun for a bit.

I didn't mix paint in. Maybe paint causes it to yellow?

I like rustoleum or 99c can from home despot

Great, thanks for the reference then!

You know what would be cool? A Vector that uses Myrmidon inspired weapons!

Well that or a Character Monstrosity, however that would work. .

I'm going Skorne this ed. Going to start a semi-Journeyman league with my friends. 0 points first week, minimum 1 match up a week, and get a head start for your first game with +1 vp if you painted anything that week.

Think they can be pretty badass no matter what people say. Those debuffs will start to accumulate one way or another, and all of a sudden, his charging weapon masters don't seem so dangerous anymore.

A character monstrosity seems like it goes against the whole "faceless, personality-less, twisted humans" thing the Monstrosities have going.

I'm thinking of switching to circle. I like their warbeasts and kromac2's sculpt

If anything it would probably be more like Thunderhead or Angelus than any of the other Charjacks or Charbeasts (You can only field one of it, but you don't get bonuses for using it with a specific Warnoun).

Getting my champs ready, pretty excited for the bouncer and the new caster, definitely getting the new box.

Here's a question for you guys. I have a shitload of light trolls from trades and EE. Should I start trading/selling them or see if one of the new tiers wants them?

I've had a lot of paints dry-out after.... I dunno, a year maybe? But I know people who've had paints for 5+ years?
Is there a way to revive paint I don't know about?
Little bit of hot water and rigorous mixing? Anyone?

I can see that. Coc/Ceph characters jacks would be experimental prototypes

See if new tiers want them/if they'll still be usable.

Waiting around doesn't hurt, and once all the rules are released (that's like.... a month away?) you'll now for certain and can still catch people faction swapping.

Medium, but a dead paint is better thrown away

add water and mix, if it doesn't go smooth toss it.

I can see a Ceph prototype that mounts a ranged weapon which functions as their version of an Arc Node in one arm with the other arm as a Monstrosity Fist.

A CoC Charvector would prolly be a test frame to see how the algorithms extrapolated from Myrmidion shoulder guns and force fields operated.

>Cipher chassis with Phoenix Field under Syntherion
That would definitely make me go Convergence.

Medium as in...? Some kind of flow-improver?

Thanks, any temperature or is warm best?

Dear god, I'm a CoC player myself, and I don't know if I want to live in this world, it seems too gross!

Though I would like to see more CoC guns that did things that were more..... interesting.

Also I know they said fuck all changed on them in the insider, but I really want perforators to get 7" 7 POW on their guns. because prime numbers and because those miserable assholes need a buff.

But I suppose with the changes to AP and now that a million warjacks will be on the table, they might be playable?

Acrylic medium

Hm, I was thinking of a Conservator with a field based on elements of both the Manticore and Hydra fields myself. (Get Focus from being hit, then give that Focus to every Jack in range or your caster and then use the Conservator to punch face.) Guess which CoC caster would have the most fun with that.

There's also the option to fit one of the Light Vectors with a Repulsor Cannon.

It's just gonna yellow on its own

Doesn't matter much in my experience. I'll just use what I'm painting with. If it's good enough to thin my paints as I use them it/'s good enough before that.

They've said they're going unchanged, and not even getting a price drop, like Eradicators are.

Which has me curious. Like, even with the change the AP, they're still pretty bad, though they at least have a knockdown assassination on warcasters now.

But if the UA gives them something, or they can somehow get a damage buff(maybe the Conflux interacts with them somehow, for example), I can see them getting dropped into Mother lists.

Aurora seems like she'd like them, what with Stationary and all, but a Cipher still does just as much damage as they do at the same cost, and brings more meat and a utility gun.

Except mine hasn't in literally years of being on the bases. People keep repeating this fact and it's not holding up to the reality I am seeing.

So arcane vortex on Ruin.

Wonder if Vlad's still have wind wall?

Arcane Vortex on Ruin sounds bad. Doesn't that cost cortex to use? Or is this on top of spell ward, not replacing it?

I haven't played in years
does Cryx still get shit on by riflemen?
and is Cryx still the most fun?

I know they said it was unchanged, which is weird. I just really wish it was 7/7 because it just seems so much better, and fluffy.

They are still pretty bad but can probably definitely eat a light warjack now no hassle. I think they're more playable, but still could definitely use a buff. Might see them in mother lists because they CAN get up to POW 10, right?

Or, yeah, Aurora because flying is a good rule....

Arcane Vortex lets you spend a focus to completely negate a spell that targets itself or a model within 3" of it.

Ruin never had spell ward. It had Orgoth Seal which causes spells targeting it to suffer a RNG penalty and if it was directly hit by a spell, the caster took a few points of damage.

I believe it also has sacred ward now too.

All orgoth has sacred ward which allows friendly spells but can't be targeted by enemy.

It's better than whatever it had before. -rng is easy to get around with nodes.
And it also protects the caster which we didn't have before in Khador.

Arcane Vortex can only be paid with souls by Ruin, otherwise it would be broken as fuck to pump him full of focus and ignore all spells + his new immunity to enemy spells.

Where do all the spoilers you are discussing in this thread come from?

Also, I could pick up a group of precursors pretty cheap but don't know if I should. Any news on them?

I play mercs and already saw constance. She still looks pretty shit 2bh..

-2 to damage rolls for undead is pretty intense. Giving your entire army Unyielding against Cryx is a hell of a thing.

The sheer amount of work she can do with her character jack is also insane, or with Versh.

Her feat still has problems against Cryx, though we'll have to see how much. It's still a pretty good feat in general however.

Contance playability will depend on how good the morrowan models are.

Precursors weren't spoiled so far.

The problem I see is the morrowan only transference. I hate that.

>Contance playability will depend on how good the morrowan models are.
>Precursors weren't spoiled so far.

Yeah, that's why I asked. Well, it shouldn't be too long to the cygnar insider I guess.

Doom Reavers (with Orgoth Swords) can't be targeted by friendly spells sooo.... you're wrong but cool spoiler for Ruin

New warpwolf for grayle has shield guard and highest base arm of all wolves. Can drag with his chain weapon.

Can warp for:
2 arm
Weapon Master
or ghostly

In mk2, but in mk3 all doomies/orgoth shit has sacred ward like errants, just like the most recent Doom Reavers that ezerkova has as body guards.

Depending on how cheap they are/limited your budget is, why not just pick them up?

Sidenote: I feel like PP would buff them a decent amount since they were (probably?) one of the least played models.... ever(?) in MK2? And just for balance wise/sales wise they would. Since Constance also needs Morrows as well.... They're probably fine to play since they're likely to be the backbone of her army?

Where did you find this out? Seems too close to model leak to be true?

Ohhhh. I didn't realize you were talking MK3, my bad. Sorry for being a condescending dick.

>Can drag

>Weapon Master
>or ghostly
nice

So with what we know, does it seem like Bloodrunners will actually see play?

I wonder how they nerfed doomies so they don't murder everything under khador buffs.

No abomination.

All the fun has sucked out of Cryx in the new edition.

Yes, but it neither applies to only warriors models not melee attacks.

So her character jack can have 3 focus on him and you can still boost all his attack and damage rolls while buying three attacks.

Maybe reach 1 instead of 2

anything on how IFP changed?

If they really have changed all the Orgoth spell ward to sacred ward that is gonna be so, so good. Doom Reavers with Fury? :D

They very likely lost AD

>Depending on how cheap they are/limited your budget is, why not just pick them up?

More than half may miniatures are still unpainted. Seriously, if there is one thing I hate about this game, the it's that 95% of all people I come across play unpainted. It's like they treat their miniks lkike magic cards.

Painting is something you do if you enjoy. If you don't enjoy it, why do it?

Not sure if pbutcher still has fury, but butcher3's silence of death gives 2 str now

> (You)
>Painting is something you do if you enjoy. If you don't enjoy it, why do it?

Its alright but around here it seems noone paints. I think that's just sad and I dont wan to be like the rest.

Aint him, but hell, if im gonna paint something, im gonna paint it so it would look extra fabulous. Which takes ALOT of effort and time. So aint surprised someone aint paint their stuff.

So I haven't been paying attention to these threads much for the last few months. What's Veeky Forums's general stance on Mk3 and related?

The Facebook groups are a mix of excitement and salt, depending on which faction, and the forums are mostly the Dead Sea with exceptions.

Too busy following OP of the month means painting is to your disadvantage.

Can't flip it quick if it's painted. Painting lowers resale. Etc...

Stop forcing your way of enjoying the hobby on others. If they don't like painting, don't expect them to paint their shit. It isn't required.