Auxiliary & Native Troops

In Rome, auxiliary troops were made from conquered populations and allowed citizenship following military service.

In North America, native populations were utilized as scouts and military advisers for expanding armies and combat supremacy.

In India, local militias and company governorship were run with the, often less than willing, aid of native population.

How have you utilized native assets in a setting of your own Veeky Forums?

Why the fuck does a monkey need warpaint?

It doesn't. It's just monkeying around

Why the fuck does a human need war paint?

To show it's not for eating.

because Allah commands it

Always hire the orcs to fight your enemy. If you don't do this, your enemy will hire them to fight against you!

What, you don't have any enemies? Think again! The orcs will see your peaceful land, completely unguarded by orcs and will attack soon enough!

Because it can.

That elf needs to get pants. And a shirt. And some boots.

My primary empire offers citizenship to everyone who is serving in the auxillary. As such the alure of more rights and reasonable pay provides the empire with willing military forces to supplement the ranks of the citizen legionaries. Most of the auxillary troops are drawned from the poorer parts of conquered territory, such as mountain regions and deserts as they tend to make the best fighters, allthough many cavalry divisions are recruited from the rich and fertile plains and river valleys of East Unam.

The empire has managed to heavily ritualise the recruitment of auxillaries in regards to the wildmen of the fittingly called wildmen's isle to such an extent that the wildmen see their enlistment into the auxillaries as a religious duty that their whole life have lead up to.

To make sure that the wildmen stay this fanatically devoted to the cause and as fit as possible to carry it out, no one is allowed access to the isle besides the imperial recruiters. They arrive once a year to a predetermined landing site where they are met by the recruits of that year, which are consisting of the the men strong, clever and fierce enough to have passed the needed trial.

Once these men leave the isle they are never allowed back again. If they still return they would be killed on sight just as any other trespasser. Due to this isolation the tribes of the isle are extremely fierce and live a life of constanst struggle against the wildlife and other tribes of the isle. The technological level of the inhabitants are somewhere rougly comparable to the stone age and they hold metal objects as the most valueable of things.

When they are recruited by the empire they are usually given a helmet and an iron mace, cudgel or axe aswell as a shield and sent into battle as extremely horrifying and efficent shock troops. Besides the mentioned equipment they go into battle clad only in heavy pelts and war paint.

Got it, I'll hire the orcs to fight themselves!

We eastern Roman Empire now

>Hey, I know, let's go hire the slut elves to fight for us

She sure knows how to handle a spear, if you know what I mean.

And by spear we mean a penis?

>inb4 dildo spear with anal stimulator prong and resonant vibration function
>inb4 an explorator fleet commits exterminatus to reclaim this holy relic of the omnissiah

People in jungles don't dress this way outside of western fantasies about "primitive" life.

Good job it's an elf then you fuck nugget.

I dunno a U Mass shirt from the 80s and some ripped jean/canvass shorts would sort of break the immersion

An elf stripper

So, what races/nations do well as auxiliarii and what ones don't? I mean, is easier to recruit Kobolds or goblins for an army? Will Dwarf fight along ogres? What kind of logistical nightmare would be to have an average fantasy army.

South american tribes often didn't wear anything at all besides some strings around their bodies. They did wear colorful ornaments, feathers and body paint, but only in ceremonies.
I'd say that her design is pretty spot on if you take off the bra, the iron ornaments in her scabbard/bow and her skull/bone ornaments and ignore the fact that no one would dress like that when going hunting.

Your picture contain naked kids, I'm calling the FBI.

pretty sure that is silver not iron, doubt it matters, but there you are.