MTG Modern General

Magic: The Gathering Modern General
(competitive discussion)

>Playing?
>Brewing?
>Next MTG Purchase?

GP Charlotte and GP Los Angeles weekend.

The current Modern Metagame is below.

Other urls found in this thread:

cleveland.com/court-justice/index.ssf/2014/09/vintage_baseball_card_scammer.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Still waiting on info on these sweet looking "proxies"

>Brewing?

I'm bringing something like this to the card shop in due time, sans Liliana. Basically a shitty Jund since I want to spend thousands of dollars on other things

Trying to upload without the pics fucking out.

I'm gonna check my history on aliexpress and let you know.

>Advice for any1 who wants to buy proxies
Don't buy blue or white core, just black core
Always ask the seller for the latest batch, this is most important when you are buying sinlgles
Buying sets is obviously cheaper, and buying 4 sets could give you almost all the staples for 200 dollaridoos, but not all cards are the same quality. so be aware of that

Looks like one of the stores changed the name to SNOW PLAYMAT
I bought a set of revised duals (1 each) for $22.00. I believe this was the same order as this dual.

>1 Lili

What's the point?

Is this the Modern general or the fucking proxies general

Last modern general deterred off into proxy talk.

What's everyone speccing on for this weekend? Fuck Nahiri. Give me some real specs. Got a set of grave trolls and 24 amalgams coming in. Hope dredge has a strong showing.

>memedge
Should have bought Pharika, she got mentioned as the super spicy silver bullet for Abzan Company in the board in a comprehensive SCG article. Wouldn't be surprised if she was a mainstay.

GP LA stream up now, Spartz and LSV commentating
twitch tv channelfireball

Here's hoping Zac Elsik wins another one with Lantern and collects those sweet tears.

As a normie I love playing stuttering social retards. Really fucks up thier game. Get my wife to come by and kiss me and say hi to my son, have bachelor's and a good job, speak like a normal human being in normal social situations.

Really fucks them up and makes them super upset so they try that elite nerd shit and I laugh.

Not the guy from above, but here's a detail of two BBs. Top one is real. The color difference does really depend on whom you order from.

On aliexpress stores:

Gathering House is shit. Plasticky poker cards, with the color either too dark (Liliana) or too light (abrupt decay). Would not use.

Liquid Cocoa Mall is shit. They send out the exact same stuff as Gathering House.

Black Lotus. Used them for their fetches, which look pretty great aside from the Onslaught ones. Nobody can quite seem to do the Onslaught fetches: they're far too dark.

Best Shopping Centre. Best product IMO. Best color, best card-feel, best thickness. I'm going to buy more from them. Fetches certainly, but also try out some Legacy stuff.

The good thing with Aliexpress is that, from my experience, if you bitch and moan enough about their product in the review of it, they will likely offer you 'a refund' which they (in their chinaman lack of precision with English) use to mean a 'partial refund'. But if you take it to arbitration, the arbiters from aliexpress side with you and give you the full refund. Make sure to keep the email trail of evidence, because you can screenshot that shit and use it as evidence.

Should I build grixis with dank dwellers and AV or mardu with Bob, Lili and low to the ground

Fucking butthurt as hell. Eat shit people can talk about whatever the fuck they want. Dumbasses.

I don't even use proxies and I want to talk proxies now because of you fuckwits.

Villa Zhongs get any better?

>say hi to my son
You mean say hi to your wife's son.

Make a proxy general then

Sweet. Thanks dude. Daddy needs a manabase

I try and answer last thread question: robby snap-trousers, since graxes can be blund.

Fuck. Totally blanked that company can get pharika. Thats interesting.

>Spartz
Proof that having a vagina can get you a job. Everybody be talking about male privilege... right.

It's so weird that I don't feel guilty buying and selling fakes (as real)

But taking advantage of the Chinamen that produced these products seems wrong to me.

I'm morally fucked.

Feels awkward to me. And I've one upped you, my girlfriend plays. Has decks that easily out value most others in value and playability. It's like people don't know how to react. Luckily it's rare where I'm from, but when it happens it weirds me the fuck out.

>Proof that having a vagina can get you a job.
Did you just assume xhe's gender??? I bet you are a white hetero male.

I appreciate the sarcasm.
But fuck this world becuase people do actually think like that.

And without sleeves.

You can still see the difference either way, but if you were playing a full playset of them, without any real ones in the mix, I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.

When there's that much difference you almost have to go all fakes.

Just remember that most people, like you, see them as yapping chihuahuas and nothing more.

>elantris
>gf of one of the best mtg pros ever
>she can get the best training and cards possible
>gets featured because she's a grill
>gets completely smashed by a meme deck
>tanks for X minutes only to do complete punts
>plays bad cards and doesn't play good cards

Like I have nothing against women in MtG, but at least when selecting a feature match, you shoud get one that knows her shit if there would be one

this is just embarassing for everyone, elantris, viewers and wizards

left one is fake, I think?

also /r/bootlegmtg
>inb4 leddit
I know, but there are some good threads and detailed reviews

I wish I knew what you meant by this

I honestly can't tell.

>Swing with Emmy
>Still manage to lose

Yapping chihuahuas can get pretty annoying.

Lol banned becuase i backed a guy up who had criticism about Gabby.

The irony is real when you point out that if your a white male you get censored, and then they ban you.

Legit magic cards can look off too so if you have one of those in a deck with 3 real ones it won't be enough to accuse you unless they force you to take the card out of the sleeve and inspect it further.

They are. But you also learn to disregard them because that's all they do.

I'm playing infect as my first modern deck
wanting to get a second deck
Should i get abzan liege/Wilted Abzan?

Not really.

The MTG secondary market is fucked, so getting around it using proxies is easy to rationalize.

The Chinese guys who make the proxies are probably poor and do this work alongside their soul-crushing assembly line jobs, so screwing them out of a few dollars just because you're THAT cheap feels wrong.

Honestly Spartz is ok, she has fine synergy with LSV.

That's what we think. but we don't know if they can already do perfect copies, and profit both from their mistakes and their succes

I don't sell the cards but i trade them to get what i need, i trae scalding tarns and blood moons that are the best i get

the thing is she got the job literally only because she's an attractive white female

there are tons of people who would do her job MUCH better

Not denying that she got priority because of tits. But it could have been much worse.

>I don't sell the cards but i trade them to get what i need
That's the only thing that's actually wrong, because you're lying to other players AND taking advantage of them.

>Is more wrong to get their cards that their money
Its a thing of perspective. i'm trading cardboard for cardboard that costed the same to produce. not cardboard for paper that has legally a value of acquisition in other context besides the hobby.

Same argument can be said of counterfeit money

No, it's more wrong to trade OR sell the proxies than to buy or use the proxies, you mong.

Selling fakes to people makes you worse than the Chinese. It makes you a thief.

Where do I go to discuss modern?

Not interested in hypothetical counterfeit talk

What do you want to discuss?

Here

There's plenty of posts not related to modern. Youre choosing not to get involved with them.

Magic cards aren't legal tender.

Are Villa counterfeits the best? Anyone here order dual lands from him?

Legally the market value that you scam people of whether cardboard, plastic, dogshit willl be used to determine your punishment/crime. So just because it's cardboard for cardboard and not cardboard for money doesn't make it legally any better unless you explicitly tell them it's fake. And obviously you're already a morally bankrupt dong.

yeah you're walking the slippery rope

if you only use fakes yourselves and get caught, you can probably get away with it

if you sell fakes to other people, you'll be a pariah and chances are charges will be pressed, because what you do is scamming.

if you want to get out, just go to everyone you traded the fakes and tell them your source of cards was getting you fakes and you discovered it only now, and then reverse the trade. it won't be pleasant, but it won't get you in jail.

>people still mad about cardboard
It's a game. Cards are playing pieces for a game. Would you feel bad buying a knockoff version of Cluedo?

Holy fuck.
Any diversity talk is getting banned in chat.
I don't even know anymore

Nobody is going to jail over cardboard, dumbass.

Not him but I'd like to discuss the other wedges.
Temur, grixis, mardu

Very interested in dwellers and vision now too

then post a deck/thing you want to discuss

three keywords won't make it buddy

Yea, I made about 3 grand selling fakes.
Using human proxies of course, at WORST you can plea ignorance.

You could probably fight it and say you sold them as real and they swapped with fakes.

There's really no way to lose. Besides maybe getting caught locally and having rep tarnished. But that still dosent stop you from selling online.

There are no legal precedents/basis about this stuff which is always a huge risk. If shit hits the fan, I'd hate to be in your position, since you might very well walk free, but also go to jail.

Also how do you want to plea ignorance? Judge will ask how you acquired the fakes for below market price, so you could sell/trade them.

is this deck good?
2 Birds of Paradise
4 Loxodon Smiter
4 Noble Hierarch
2 Qasali Pridemage
2 Scavenging Ooze
4 Siege Rhino
4 Voice of Resurgence
3 Wilt-Leaf Liege
2 Anafenza, the Foremost
3 Forest
2 Plains
1 Swamp
2 Gavony Township
1 Godless Shrine
1 Overgrown Tomb
2 Razorverge Thicket
1 Stirring Wildwood
2 Temple Garden
4 Verdant Catacombs
4 Windswept Heath
2 Abrupt Decay
4 Path to Exile
4 Lingering Souls

>Sideboard

2 Engineered Explosives
1 Choke
2 Leyline of Sanctity
2 Rest in Peace
2 Stony Silence
2 Fracturing Gust
2 Zealous Persecution
2 Thoughtseize

People that call Emrakul, Emmy need to die.

>There are no legal precedents/basis about this stuff which is always a huge risk.
There's no legal precedent because nobody has ever been charged for selling colored cardboard.

Yet. That's the point. You might piss off wrong people, a judge might see an opportunity to get popular, etc. There are many stuff that can happen and which will result in you being prosecuted.

Honestly, she is pretty terrible, very inarticulate. Admittedly, she is more tolerable than that Sutcliffe guy and his endless phony enthusiasm.

>There's no legal precedent because nobody has ever been charged for selling colored cardboard.
cleveland.com/court-justice/index.ssf/2014/09/vintage_baseball_card_scammer.html

>Sell fakes
>Hey user these are fake, I want my money back
>Nope.jpeg
>Summon the fuzz
>user did you sell fakes to this man
>No they were real, he is trying to scam me
>Goes to court
>user did you know these were fake
>No, they were real. He switch
>user did you switch
>No, he's lying
>Case dropped. Gtfo out of my court room

Was Gabby the cunt that made a big stink about evil white males and their toxic masculinity on CFB a while ago? I'm pretty sure it was her. May have to mute the stream now.

>implying the prosecution won't get a professional to figure out if the cards are fake
>implying they won't tear the cards to look for the blue layer

The rube sent them $60k, and the scammers didn't send anything back.
They weren't charged for selling counterfeits. They were charged for pocketing sixty grand.

i think it was on scg, jim davis started it and I am not sure who reacted back. maybe melissa.

if you can piss off wrong person it can happen. for example a son of someone important in the legal system.

I'm not debating that the cards would be fake. Of course they are.

I could plea of ignorance, probably wouldn't work.
Or accuse him of stealing my cards and swapping with fakes.

All id need is some well documented evidence which is easily done buy purchasing duals from reputable sources. I'd be making the money back from selling the fakes anyways.

Gabby and Melissa are both trash. Only used to checkbox the diversity quota.

I'm trying to get into Modern. Unfortunately I chose an enemy color to begin with.
Holy fuck, why are fucking lands so expensive? I'm okay with Goblin Guides and other creatures or spells being expensive, but lands?
Goddamit.

A bud of mine got caught at GP Toronto a year or two ago with fake Fulminator Mages. He feigned ignorance, and the organizers forced him to buy new ones from vendors or trade for them if he wanted to continue the tournament, which he did.

What no judge who inspected his deck caught was that all of his Lilis, Goyfs, and 90% of his manabase were all counterfeits. Walked out of there free with his DCI membership in good standing.

How he got caught? Random deck check? How good/bad the Fulminators were? I'd imagine they had to be pretty sloppy, since it's hard to tell a double sleeved fake during a regular deckcheck.

I think that depends on what your goals are. Do you just want a fun deck?

Do you want a second deck to beat the metawhen it adjusts, making infect bad? If thats the case, i would maybe build black green infect, as it seems better able to beat control. Or maybe Tron or Scapeshift if Jund is a problem for you.

I would fistfuck your face if i had the chance.

Left one is real, actually. The fakes tend to go darker—which sometimes makes them look 'better' (or at least crisper) than the real ones.

To be safe, for sure. But I play these in a burn deck, so I've been without incident so far with them mixed with reals. They all go to the graveyard anyways, and stack up on one another.

They were really bad. The text was as blurry as parkinsons photography. It was actually an opponent who brought them into question.
The upside was that the judges expected all fakes to look as shitty, so the bright fetches/shocks and dark Lili/Goyfs got an instant pass.

You can't really identify a fake only because of it's brightness, since real cards are wildly inconsistent, too. Also it's only really visible when you directly compare the cards unsleeved.

If you have decent double sleeved fakes, presumably even the matte ones, you are completely safe.

What decks can you play now that you couldn't play because of Splinter Twin?

I know you're going for the metaphorical approach, but maybe Living End since it lost its worst MU and 3 mana wraths on turn 2 seem okay in the current meta, even though it was playable with Ricochet Trap in the sb back in the day as well.

bant chaff drum, the you know one with the combo mana trio with all the in place pieces for the turn second.

as i say then: you must usually wizard the rabby snap-trousers if you are make the grixis become good. so that is why i make you the goplin dark dwllers proposition in choice of graxes

thoughts?

does anyone have any decent decklists for a kamigawa snakes deck?

whats a good number of
>land
>spells
>creatures
to have in a deck?

thanks senpai

lul

But mardu gets gdd as well

Just in via text from a friend at Charlotte, Pairing system glitched in round four and pairings for the whole round were unweighted. he was 3-1 against a 2-2 player, happened to the whole main event. Apparently they offered free challenge event entry to anyone that wanted to drop. then and there.

>theming your deck around a single set
>in a non-Standard/Draft format

Why do people do this? You're just going to end up neutering yourself all for the sake of getting to jerk off to some Japanese themed western art.

what would you suggest I do then?

>Japanese themed
It's Chinese you retard