Android Netrunner General - /anrg/

>Question of the day:
Regionals. IG all day everyday. Are you disappointed?

>What is Android: Netrunner?
youtube.com/watch?v=VAslVfZ9p-Y

>Android Netrunner Official FFG News & Spoilers:
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/tag/android-netrunner-the-card-game/
boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/24049/netrunner-spoilers
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-card-spoilers

>Floor rules
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/66/62/66628aed-d2e3-41c3-9ea2-1caae96b104f/adn-floor-rules.pdf

>Official FAQ (post-MWL), Compendium on rulings, and common mistakes
images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c9/e5/c9e522d2-d9f6-4053-9a80-684198c25fa5/adn_faq_v301.pdf
ancur.wikia.com/wiki/Project_ANCUR_Wiki
reddit.com/r/postalelf/comments/2sm1d2/welcome_to_netrunner/

>Netrunner Card List and Data Pack Details:
netrunnerdb.com/
blackat.co.uk
acoo.net
github.com/shyndman/ono-sendai (You’ll need to build it yourself)

>Deckbuilding Resources:
netrunnerdb.com/
meteor.stimhack.com/
acoo.net
cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder (not recommended)

>Articles and Blogs:
teamcovenant.com/blog/category/netrunner-lcg/
cardgamedb.com/index.php/index.html/_/android-netrunner
stimhack.com/

>Podcasts
runlastclick.blogspot.ca/
canlaugh.com/nerdrunners/
northerngamingnetwork.com/tagme/
thewinningagenda.com/

>>Link to Spoilers
imgur.com/a/hP3mN

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Link to the streams
twitch tv/frontiergamingchannel

twitch tv/babywyrm

Can't tune in.

And to think here people are *asking* me to recommission my IG deck...

>me to recommission my IG deck
How do you mean?

IG is not the problem. Insta-recursion-tutoring is. It's hard to believe they didn't see it coming, so I believe they just sort of expected the problem to solve itself with the slums.

I know. It's just so fun to see how different local communities can be.

Honestly I don't even have an issue with the IG museums deck, I enjoy the match up. But then it's rare enough here that I don't have to cry foul about elephant spunk again.

Some people thought that deck was really fun to play against and are asking me to build it back.

Anyone fancy a game?

G0l1@th on Jinteki, I prefer corp (aka my runner game is shite)

In the end I missed the rest of the streams. IG/Whizzards dominated?

Love this art.

Too bad the card is just... well certainly not bad when it stay but... too volatile for its own good.

And yet its NBN doing all the winning as always.

I saw the potential for Bio-Ethics in IG when it got spoiled but I wish it worked out a bit better for any other Jinteki ID. Black tree just cant keep it out, even as a shell game deal.

Also, can i request the GALO SENGAN gif of Vegeta pulling a Philotic?

This one?

thank you user, couldn't find a working one in any of the archives

>Black tree just cant keep it out, even as a shell game deal.
I think outside of IG you'd have to use it a bit more tactically - baiting runs for NEMP would be the obvious, but distracting from a naked agenda could also work - I found Museum is great for that, but Bio-Ethics is also pretty must-trash

Threadly reminder that Snares win games.

Wait where is that SanSan gif from?

Probably the tutorial videos.

Does a full rez version of SanSan exist? From that gif it looks like the original image might be a lot taller than what's on the card

Closer we have

Why is there a giant dildo in there?

Because there's one on the actual San San, only there it's glowing

Not a single Crim card was spoiled for Flashpoint. I hope that's a good sign.

I'd like to think so.

I also hope that when this pack was made they didn't consider crims the best and anarchs the worst, the way they clearly did when designing Mumbad (though they probably were, at the time, before San San had been released)

Any NBN cards from mumbad seeing play yet? I feel like Exchnage Information and Waiver will make waves when they hit shelves, but I can't aay I have heard much about other cards being played. But then I haven't played Runner in awhile.

How would one start building fun Haley deck without including Artist Colony and Cache?

3x Liberated Chela, 3x Fansite

Locally, I find it kinda depressing that apart from three players that are actively interested in building NBN, only the core competitive crowd plays the faction. It's like there's a stigma to it. NBN has cooties.

I must have played against two Haarpsichord decks since the ID was released.
Granted, the release of D&D meant people playing the faction have had a lot on their plate, but still.

As for the Mumbad cards, well, it's hard to to get a proper feeling between the people that have stopped updating period, and the people that have joined me in updating only at the end of the cycle. So far I think only Aryabhata Tech and Salem's Hospitality have had any kind of staying power.

I do like Kala Ghoda Real TV myself.

Bazaar/Replicator. Let's go crazy.

On the subject of replicator, what hardware is worth installing 3 of, in any faction.

Besides Cortez Chip, my favorite non-console hardware.

Okay, now I want to hear what should we do with this. I like idea of instlling huge amounts of hardware single click, but do Shapers have any zero credit hardware?

Temple of liberated mind becomes an auto include. Sounds like fun exchange trip.

Simple, Spy Camera. Stack manipulation and R&D spying.

Nah, you can do Hyperdrivers, All-nighters, Amped Ups, all kinds of things.

I don't like Temple. Maybe as a 1 of, just in case.

>what hardware is worth installing 3

Well, the easy answer is LLDS for London Library/Chameleon.

Lockpick if it fits your build. Clone Chip.

Spy Camera? Then you get to cycle through your deck fairly efficiently I gather.

Dorm Computer, you don't *need* to install three, but it's cool that you can just get them off the stack and ready for so little spent.

Q-Cohernce Chip?

A lot of people don't like the card, but to me Cyberfeeder is still an Anarch staple. It's fairly good if you use it every turn. Gettng them early s generally the issue. Which is probably easily solved here.

Oh, and since we're going crazy... Capstone!

To draw from those superfluous copies of hardware you don't plan on installing.

IG deck? Insta-recursion-tutoring?
Could you explain, I haven't been looking at netrunner in a while.

Does anyone else feel bad when they deck someone when your deck isn't designed to do that?

IG=Jinteki's Industrial Genomics
Mumbad cycle brought 2 cards. The first one is the Museum of History (MoH). An asset-alliance card that shuffle one card from the archives in R&D.
The second card is the Mumbad City Hall (MCH), a Weyland asset that says
>"Click: Search R&D for an alliance card and install or play it, paying all costs."
Meaning you install MCH, rez it, and then start spamming assets.
You want the recursion? Install all 3 MoH.
You want econ? Install all 3 Mumbad Temples.
You want to trash a card in the Runner's grip? Play Salem's Hospitality.
Oh, and just in case, take a look at the top 3 cards of R&D. You like what you see? Play Heritage Comittee and draw them.

>IG deck?
Industrial Genomics is having a resurgence at the moment, due to the push on Assets and the decline of ice in the meta

They're being such teases with that bit of obfuscated text on Observe and Destroy.

>push on Assets and the decline of ice in the meta
The assets thing is intentional isn't it? Since it would make sense for corps to have lots of assets, compared to only 1-2 assets being played before. What do you mean by the decline of ice though? Less 15+ ice decks?

By "decline of ice" I meant that ice has been less and less effective for a while now - the efficiency of Faust (with its engine), backed up with David, meant that most ice is broken on encounter, without costing the runner too much money.
When this is combined with the "cutlery" events, investing in a lot of ice becomes less worth it.

Asset spam decks, and in particular ones that don't need to protect their assets as much, like IG and Gagarin, are a reaction to this - they existed before, but when investing seriously in ice became a liability decks that need little ice flourish
And then a load of assets get printed, some of which specifically don't work if protected by ice, which encourages this even more

I think it's interesting how the answer to ice destruction is "ok, no more ICE, start asset spam" instead of just "more ice"

If "corporations become more dangerous" is any sign for the next cycle, we might be at looking at more rig destruction too.

It takes the runner's attention away from central servers, which weak ice made very hard to protect - more ice isn't much better than minimal ice, and the assets now available to be spammed are currently more "help you win" than "help you not lose"

It's not 100% either way - asset spam wouldn't be anything like as prevalent if ice was still effective at stopping the runner a good portion of the time, but if there weren't so many good assets around people would probably try the more ice route

Well, there's an innate cost to the corp going lateral that the runner cannot really work around: fruitless clicks for running in each server and trash.

Competitive decks prefer certitudes. You *can* actually play ICE and deal with the Anarch engine of choice now, but it's more unreliable - and with ICE destruction a lot more risky - than simply trying to ignore it as much as possible and tax the runner in ways that are less impacted by its rig.

> asset spam wouldn't be anything like as prevalent if ice was still effective at stopping the runner a good portion of the time

Not so much stopping as taxing I would say. Strategically, ICE as a transaction hasn't been since O&C the long term investment it used to be. Tactically, on a moment to moment basis, it's the hardest for the corp it's ever been to evaluate and manage impact on the runner through ICE, meaning scoring windows are probably the narrower they've ever been.

That's my hunch from playing with the competitive crowd at least.

>Regionals. IG all day everyday. Are you disappointed?
extremely, FFG needs to work on their balancing. My FLGS pretty much stopped being a netrunner store based on the current meta.

>Honestly I don't even have an issue with the IG museums deck
I like Whizzard as much as the next guy but it would be nice to be able to win without playing him.

I know Whizzard is pretty amazing against asset spam. I know that. He's literally build to counter that.
But what about Valencia? With Whizzard you maybe have 3 credits per turn? With Valencia you have 1 extra credit per run. That's up to 4 credits per turn. Plus, you have the option to Blackmail. That's gotta be better than playing Faust.

Yeah I actually put executive boot camp in my palana foods deck to deal with blackmail/ddos decks
It also cash tutor for shocks so it actually really became a power house in that deck

What non anarchs are doing well?

Shapers, being shapers, can deal with everything. If not the best at least decently enough (Paricia is pretty good in current context).

Crims struggle the most now - which in a way is somewhat surprising, their biggest weakness being their breaker suite, you'd think a context where corps build with little ICE in mind would help* - but they're not by any means bad. If not for the influence I think Stirling should be doing a lot better than people give him credit. Geist is doing pretty ok. I've had pretty decent games with Santiago myself for the last few day.

*: but then yeah, we've already had that talk, Howard cripples the faction in ways it doesn't impact the others.

What I find really interesting of Gabe is that an account siphon will net you 12 credits, 8 if you remove tags. I completely overlooked it until I actually played a core gabriel a while ago. 12 credits Siphon did a pretty big impact with how low econ core cards were.

Yeah, Gabe is very good at the Siphon

Jesminder, though she has to import it, is interesting because she can do a 3rd click siphon (and effectively gains +2 from it as well), given that she only has to clear one tag

Man, I am looking forward to this.

Recalling that Damon mentioned that they were aware of Weyland's issues (I can't recall if he mentioned crim, but crim ruled runners for a good while), do you think a cycle where: a) the corps are being more dangerous and aggressive, and b) Weyland, specifically, got attacked (after an exec left them for Jinteki, no less), Weyland will be getting some cool, nasty toys to hurt the runner?

>Magnet
So niche use it hurts. You have to be able to rez it at will for it to be even slightly useful.

Blue Sun + Executive Boot Camp/Amazon Industrial Zone maybe?

That's not at will, that's at the beginning of the turn/on your turn. Most Parasites stay around for 1 Runner turn or 1 run with Clone Chip.

surat then

Only works if you have a rezzable card in the Surat server, like an asset, upgrade or an ICE before the Parasited one.

Those are hella conditions on top of spending the influence.

Having a rezzable card isn't that hard a condition to clear I think. That said, it does require a good bit of extra work, and if Magnet was introduced as a counter to Parasite, it's doing it pretty poorly. There isn't a window to do the "rez card in Surat server -> rez Magnet" during the "encounter ice -> trash clone chip -> host parasite -> spend datasucker tokens -> ice = 0 -> ice trashed by parasite", is there?

Atleast it nullifies the Caissa suite, not that it's seen that much use.

>is there?
There isn't, yes.

It does better than nullify it. It creates interesting new game states. As a huge fan of the caïssa suite, I'm really digging this card and the next time we make decks made to be played against I'll be sure to experiment with it.

Damon Stone said in the latest interview with TWA that a card that synergies with Null was bumped in power level and the testers are already asking for MWL. And it's not even out yet.

Apparently executive wasn't only one who ledt but also the sysop protagonist.

When was that said - I listened to TWA, I think damon just mentioned it was an exec, but not definitely the sysop (they asked about the sysop, he said "that's sort of what it implies", didn't he?)

End of flashpoint article declares Jinteki sysop of first pack our protag and to be also ex-Weyland.

>and to be also ex-Weyland.
She's newly hired, it doesn't say she's ex-Weyland - that was an exec, who I'm pretty sure dies in the days following the 23 Seconds

>"This creates a powder keg. Then it becomes known that one Titan executive who left the Weyland Consortium just twenty-four hours earlier is now employed by Jinteki. The match has been lit, and conspiracy theories race across the Net. Her death sparks a war in the streets, and it's corp against corp."

As a random thing, I suspect the sysop (who is the, or at least a, protag) is ex-runner, but I don't think she's the executive from Titan

What were you doing during the outage?

Wouldn't this work better as a corp current?

As for what I'll do? Incubate.

>Nadir
Working in his workshop
>Professor
"teaching"
>Andromeda
Partying with risties

Actually Andromeda, Mac, Chaos Theory, Adam, Nero, and Noise were busy having fun with newly unsecured data of Titan.

Oh yeah, that's true.

>Mac
Ha, yeah I sometimes forget that that's Kate's "official" nickname.

Lukas has another interview on the FFG site about netrunner, but he doesn't say much.
Some new art though

>Nadir

Surely, you meant Nasir.

Nadir would be spitting data.

How does it feel to know that NBN will be getting ANOTHER 17 influence identity?

>data
>Power outage
Wut

Surely not all the world output systems went dark. Bioroids? Vehicles? Hospitals? Modded people?

I mean, if we're talking ALL computing systems going out at once, the death toll would rack very high numbers for those 23 seconds.

I'm more bothered by the fact it'll get the lead in term of number of IDs over Weyland and - especially - HB, when it's the corp that had its big box most recently.

Those two other factions needed some fresh air more than the yellow bastards.

Not all world systems, just the biggest international bank.

I understand the ability is weak and needs support to work. Actually, I even see it ok for it to have extra influence.
NEH on the other hand is both a powerful ability that doesn't require extra support, and get 17 influence. What they did with NEH was just wrong.

I think the idea was that, since its ability can't be turned off, NEH self-agenda floods.

But then Howard exists, and is in factions even.

Was my understanding as well. So, yup, spitting data.

That being said the idea, of a true complete power outage is terrifying in a work like the one of Android.

>in a work like the one of Android.
It happened twice in Shadowrun, almost completely changing the corporate landscape.

This looks great, is there anyway to play it online, maybe in some sort of simulator?

I'd have no one to play it with IRL sadly.

It already happened once in Android, which led to the rise of NBN.

Try jinteki.net. Tell you're a newbie in the chat title.

Yeah, autocorrect

>autocorrect

The war for control between man and machine begins in small steps.

Torn between two stupid jank ideas: zodiac ICE + Rutherford Grid, or Broadcast Square ChiLo City Grid....

Tracer ICE deck? With Improved tracers and everything? I'd go with Chilo city. 6 to trash. Then add Trolls everywhere.
Hell yeah.

Too bad troll isn't a tracer... but I do love the idea of including it.

Probably effing the secretary.

Hadn't occurred to me before that first test match, but Muckraker + Information Overload in a ChiLo server can get pretty ugly real fast.

God bless the jank.

Well, it looks like the Los Muertos gang emigrated from the Underway to Overwatch...

Not power or system outage. Internet simply went down with a Blackout. SYNC provided you with new friendly Network.

Does anyone else find in funny that NBN's Sensie Divisions both start with Har or Haar.
HarHarhar... That's dorkies laughter I could imagine.

Well, Muckraker will End the run if the runner is tagged by the end of the encounter.