Could a fighter jet take out a wizard?

Could a fighter jet take out a wizard?

something something setting something something

I guess that depends on what exactly said wizard can do.

maybe

maybe, but an airship can for sure

Hate to be that guy, but
>depends on the setting

It literally all depends on the setting.

I would say that it depends on the setting

Depends on setting and if the wizard knows it's coming or not.

Literally nothing a wizard could do against this. Imagine a magically enhanced GAU-8.

literally anything that gives DR
DR applies per bullet, so it doesn't matter how many bullets there is

>Literally nothing a wizard could do against this.

Incorporeality, etherealness, etc.

Complete immunity to mundane attack forms.

>Imagine a magically enhanced GAU-8.

You mean wizard vs. wizard?

Yeah but one bullet would do a lot of damage

A wizard with the power to become incorporeal would have a pretty good counter.
And making the fight "person with magic and no fighter jet vs. person with magic and also a fighter jet" seems inherently unfair in a silly way.

Time stop

Not wasting a 9th-level slot on that.

If a jet can take out a dragon, it can take out a wizard.

That'd depend on if the dragon scenario involved dragons that were wizards and not merely big fire-breathing monsters, surely.

A jet can't take down a D&D dragon with magic bullshit.

Why? Wizards are generally more powerful than dragons.

>generally

Bull fucking shit.

In what system aren't they?

What if the wizard also has a GAU-8?

>Sir, I don't understand. Who needs a bomb in a spell fight anyway? All you gotta do is wave a hand, sir.
>Cease fire. Put your hand on that wall trooper. PUT YOUR HAND ON THAT WALL!
>The enemy can not cast a spell... if you disable his hand. Medic!

I'm sure a bullet from that isn't the worst thing that you can get hit by and survive in many settings.

Depends on the wizard. A surprise visit from a thousand pounds of explosive wrapped in a thousand pounds of shrapnel, moving faster than sound and launched from two dozen kilometers away is more than most could handle.

Definitely.

Everybody knows that fighters can't beat wizards. Just because you've strapped some rockets to them doesn't mean that he has any advantages besides fly speed

It depends. What level is the fighter?

A fighter jet has two things working in its favor here, at least theoretically: speed, and the element of surprise that comes with it. Wizards may be able to fly, but they are rarely (if ever) depicted flying at supersonic speeds. But there is one major problem with A flying wizard may not be able to detect and evade the ordinance slung by a fighter jet, but the fighter jet may have a difficult time locking onto the wizard in the first place. If the wizard is operating in its base hominid form, he'll present a much smaller target than the aircraft that fighter jets were built to combat, and puts off a miniscule heat signature by comparison. Fighter pilots just aren't trained to engage in dogfights with aerial targets that small, slow-moving, and maneuverable.

If the target wizard is on the ground, there are far more reliable ways to deliver supersonic firepower to his dome from long distance. If I have the operational budget to send a fighter jet after this wizard, then I can almost certainly afford to send a special-ops sniper team instead.

Dragons generally are wizards. Or cast as sorcerors and/or clerics. Or any combination of the three.

The whole "My body is an attack helicopter" is just icing on an overpowered cake.

Become somebody else, teleport, drink a coffee and muse at the surroundings in the White house visitor centre.

A marine in dress blues asks the strange man if he's alright, and what's so funny. The man replies there's nothing the matter, just remembering a joke.

Fighter jets are designed to take out airborne targets. It would have trouble taking out a regular single person. A wizard? Even less likely.