When you game, do you smoke a pipe?

When you game, do you smoke a pipe?

I got a buddy who does.

The tobacco he uses smells like Raspberries and it has the whole house smelling great afterward. The pleasant smell and smoke-filled room adds a lot of ambiance too.

Cigarettes? They are nasty and smell like ass and the smoke is more of a haze.

Cigars? Even worse than cigarettes.

Pipes with an aromatic tobacco? Fantastic. I wish people would use them as opposed to cigarettes.

I have a long pipe like that, but no, I don't smoke reefer or pipe tobacco at the table, that for the balcony outside.

Yeah, but I usually game online from the comfort of my couch.

Sooo... vaping?

>Cigars? Even worse than cigarettes.

Literally kill yourself.

No, you can get flavored pipe tobacco

I know that. But I'm saying if you like the scent and a bit of smoke in the room, it suits the same purpose but doesn't linger as long.

>Cigarettes? They are nasty and smell like ass and the smoke is more of a haze.

They are required for any noir/cyberpunk setting though.

Might as well get scented candles m8.

I smoke a pipe, but I don't smoke indoors. Not even with aromatic tobacco. Even if I was gaming with my group outside, I probably wouldn't because one person is very anti-tobacco, and another has very bad asthma.

God this.

Luckily the guy who runs allows smoking in his patio hut thing we game in as he is a smoker too.

I don't even smoke normally but literally cannot play Drax without blowing through a packs-worth of home rolls.

I propose the smoking authenticity rule.

Playing fantasy? Smoke a pipe

Playing cyberpunk? Smoke some death sticks.

Playing high flying space game? Get yourself a weird ass hookah vaporizer that you do not understand.

Myself, the co-DM, and one of the other players always share a smoke outside before the game to get in the mindset.

I bought a ton of pipes from an import store when I was in the Navy, so I had plenty to go around after my grandfather refurbished them (he also makes his own pipes out of a shop he runs).

Technically, yes, but it's the kind of pipe from which drugs are smoked. It's become part of the ritual at this point; doesn't feel right to play D&D while sober

>Cigars? Even worse than cigarettes.
Some cigars are acceptable, but only the really expensive ones or midrange cuban ones.

Yes, glass. For tobacco use only, of course. ;)

dude drugs lmao

Seriously, kill yourself, degenerate.

I wish, but the health effects are too obvious for me. When I smoke a cigarette, I feel like death the next day. When I smoke a pipe, the taste lingers. If there were a health-neutral tobacco (inb4 "everything is carcinogenic"; you aren't clever and everyone knows what I mean), I don't think the pipestem would leave my lips.

I love everything about pipes. If I make it to a sufficiently old age I'll probably start the habit.

Not all pipe-smoked drugs are equally unsuited for game.

Pot's generally fine for gaming, in my experience. Mellows you out and lowers your role-playing inhibitions. Just don't smoke too much of it or you'll be fucking useless.

Meth and crack are right out, though. I don't want anybody wound that tight at my table.

We use bongs and vapes, pipes are for smoking by yourself or with a couple people.

This is not a pipe.

i'm not gonna lie i can't even work my own hooka

Oh fuck off Magritte.

You put a coal over a pan on top of the tobacco, then suck the heat downwards to the smokables making a flavorful wet smoke. How fucked up is your hookah that you cant do that?