Scar Stories

You've always wanted to tell your stories about your scars, haven't you user? Don't lie.

Tell me about your own scars, and your character's scars.

Hardmode don't lie about how you got them

I've got what looks like scars from a vicious animal mauling on my right leg. They're actually from a biking accident when I was 14, that just somehow through sheer improbability caused wounds in a claw pattern. It was weird.

Got a massive scar on my left leg from barb wire. Got the chicken, lost my shoe, got cut hopping the fence.

I got bitemarks on my left hand from the families dog as a child. The dog wasn't one of the kindest animals we had.

I also got my right foot into a gear bike after being on the back and got a neat circular scar there too. The thing is I didn't learn the first time and.. did it again.

Some of my characters have a limp in their right leg as a homage of me being a stupid kid.

I have a lot of slight variations of the same scar on the top side of my arms. If people ask, I say it was my cats, but in reality I did it myself with kitchen knives.

I guess I was kind of weird in my teenage years. It wasn't even an emo thing, I just enjoyed doing it. Masochism or something. Either way, probably wasn't healthy.

The huge scar on my finger was from when I was a kid, 7 or 8. I was playing on some rusty farm equipment when a metal rod fell and nearly cut the whole finger off. The scar two fingers over was from a big chunk I took out of myself opening a can of cat food.
I have no recollection of how I got the big scar on the back of my hand, or the one on my forearm, but I remember I made them worse by picking at the scabs.
The scar on my forehead was from when I was born. They pulled me out after I crowned, the same procedure that game Stallone his facial paralysis and is now illegal. Left a scar and a permanent diviot in my forehead.

Burn scar on my forearm. Those buns were coming out of the oven at the right time, my flesh and hand-eye-coordination be damned.

My left ass cheek and lower back seems to have an acute case of revitiligo. Biking down a thirty degree incline can be fun. However, high octane gluteal decceleration is not.

During a community service project I was stabbed in the leg by a palm frond. For those of you who don't know, they're fucking sharp. And most people don't know that they have inch long spines all long them.

After cleaning the wound I felt around the puncture, found a piece of thorn in my leg. After getting home, I sat down with a pair of nail scissors, tweezers, and a scalpel that my parents had lying around for some reason.

Spent the next six hours cutting into my leg to retrieve the piece of palm frond. Eventually I found the piece of thorn. It was about a half inch long, only a couple millimeters thick, and sharp as a razor.

The scar itself is unimpressive. Only four millimeters long, about the same wide. But the story is the best part, as is the fact that I dug it out myself.

I have an 1.5 inch scar on my chest from when I hurled myself onto a chair in a fit of pique in my teens. Shitty secretary chairs not aging well, the back of the chair came off, and the metal section to which the back attaches collided with my ribcage.

Not a great story, but a decent scar.

I have no scars, because I have always been afraid of dangerous situations, and have typically shied away from anything in life that could help me grow as a person.

>Tell me about your own scars, and your character's scars.
Forever GM- mental scars many inches thick

My scars... guess I'll go in order of getting them

>Filleted left index finger with skinning knife, just a tiny line now but at the time it opened up real nasty.
>Inside right leg- 2 x 4-5cm long cuts from motorbike + fence, they never faded much
>Dent+chop on left shin- digging hole with a mattock and slipped, it hurt so fucking much
>Beat up right big toe, dropped motorbike, the foot peg mashed it even through the boot
>Smashed up tip of right ear- rugby league, think it was someone's knee
>Chop mark in left knee- attacked by someone with a shovel
>6 stitches in jaw + 10 stitches in chin- grenade shrapnel
>24 stitches in back (various locations)- rpg shrapnel

Kind of an uggo anyway so it doesn't matter.

so, 2 biggest scars:
one is on my forehead, it runs parallel to my mouth. in first grade, my older brother hit me in the head with a boomerang. it required 8 stitches. i still curse him for not giving me a cooler scar, like on the cheek or over the eye. things could have been awesome.

second one is on my left leg, slightly off center. it's about a half an inch wide. this one i did to myself in college, while training with a manriki gusari, because i am an idiot. no stitches, although i probably should have seen a doctor. some people, upon seeing the wound, assumed i'd been shot. they apparently don't know what exit wounds are.

Have a gash on my shoulder from a rock climbing accident. Rock came loose from a climber higher up, ricocheted off the wall, and went 10 feet out of the way to hit me, despite my best efforts at being out of the way. Had to climb the rest of the climb with 3 limbs and swim across a river to get it cleaned and stitched after a 3 hour drive.

No characters have ever had scars though, I'm forever DM

>my older brother hit me in the head with a boomerang

Did he wear rabbit skins and live in a hole at the time or was he just being a bastard?

>burn scar on my left forearm from back yard alchemy, age 8
>burn scar on right hand from back yard alchemy, age 9
>collection of small scars on both hands from back yard alchemy, ages 9 to 12
>scar on the inside of my right foot from broken glass, age 12
>surgery scar, lower left leg from jumping off a building and needing a metal rod to set the bone, age 14
>scar along the top of my head from going ass over teakettle dirt biking, age 15
>another scar on my head from when a tree fell on me, age 16
>more scars on my hands and arms from adventures in backyard ballistics and rocketery, ages 16 and 17
>massive scar on right leg, road rash, age 18

At age 19 I discovered tabletop games. It probably saved my life.

i was chasing him with a stick. he didn't think he'd hit me. he was wrong.

i live in rural eastern Pennsylvania, so the rabbit skins would have been an option, but we were raised by semi-civilized human beings.

I have so many scars and I have no idea how i got most of them.
They are just kinda there. Though allmost all my scars are very small.

my favorite part was, as i'm standing there, bleeding like a stuck pig, sudden second mouth on my head, the first fucking thing he says is "don't tell mom and dad!" i agreed.

"oh my god, user, what happened to you?!"

"older brother user hit me with his boomerang! waaaaaah!" because it was a head wound, i bled a hell of a lot. dad thought i'd been hit by a car.

>i was chasing him with a stick
Usually how these things end up happening.

I remember when I was about 9-10 and lived next to 2 brothers, I was friends with the younger one and his older brother was a bastard, got about 4 of his friends over to pelt rocks at our tree house- when we where in it of course.
Big rocks too, enough to punch a hole through some of the thinner plywood.
There was a slight pause in the shell, enough for me to grab one of the rocks and I pelted that motherfucker as hard as I could. Hit the older brother fair between the eyes, he went crosseyed, fell over for a bit and ran off crying.

Both of us stayed in that tree house for about 4 hours until dark thinking we'd done him a serious injury and our parents would beat our arses.

For a character's scar; she has three claw marks under her right eye from a sabertooth cat hunting incident.

I got a small one on my left palm for being an idiot and trying to catch a kitchen knife a customer had accidentally knocked off the table. Got her to make a pity purchase though, so not all bad.

One on my shoulder from getting a mole removed. It was getting caught on my sleeves when I was taking my shirts on and off and would tear and bleed, so my parents just got it sliced off.

One on the back of my left thumb from I don't know what. I know I got it while camping when I was a little kid, I even know where we were camping when it happened, but I honestly don't remember what happened. It may have happened when I got my thumbnail torn off but I think it was earlier than that.

yeah, that sounds about right. my brothers and i are, to this day, very close, but when we actually threw down when we were kids, it was just a fucking mess.

eventually i started studying the martial arts (that's where the manriki gusari scar came in), and i'm bigger than either of them by at least 50 lbs, but especially the younger one is scrappy.

I'm missing a bit of eyebrow from an old splintered hockey stick to the face.

I've got a nasty scar right on the top of my head that hair doesn't grow on so I can't get a buzz cyt without getting bugged about it. I got it when I was 6 from jumping into my lower bunk when I was 6 and catching the bottom of the upper bunk. 14 stitches and a fuck ton of blood, I think my mom has a picture where you could see my skull which is kind of cool.

Me, IRL:
Being a chunni teenage edgelord, long after age would excuse gothacity...plus the Beast's essay on self-discipline.
Being too overjoyed to be getting laid to have serious talk with psycho ex about "sane and consensual," or "safe word means safe word, you freak;" also interfering with different psycho ex's very determined suicide attempt.
Not asking, "how deep is this," before diving face first.

That one character from years ago I still remember:
me "chop my own hand off and hold the mummified hand to the stump"
dm "the mummified hand instantly bonds to the blood spurting stump as if they had always been one..."
party "WTF!"
party anti-paladin "nope. not happening. multi-attack, first move unarmed kick to the necromancer's chest as a trip attack while drawing my headman's greataxe of severing for a called shot to take that damn thing off at the elbow..."

decades later, another character flicked a lit cigaret at someone's face because I caught him in the act of cutting my gass line.

Despite only a couple characters earning permanent scars, in-game (a few had backstory induced scares 'cause I used to think it was cool and it was a way to describe the penalties I was getting starting points from) I still try to claim I'm less of a dumbass IRL than most barbarians I play as...

Just checked, also STILL have visible entrance mark from where the pencil went in, but the lump of graphite left in the wound as faded over the decades to the point that faint scar is now more visible and the quickest way of finding it.

19 years ago today(it's Victoria day weekend), my father decided it was a brilliant idea to give a two year old a sparkler whilst he's wearing sandles in the middle of the night. Long story short, I've got about 15% of the top of my left foot covered in a burn scar.
The other massive scar I have (also caused by my father whilst I was 2)happened because my father got the bright idea to jump of his room after having his shower in order to scare the shit out of me. Long story short, I somehow slide across my bed, busted the right side of my head open by crashing into my beds head rest, and then had to be dragged off to the hospital to have 18 stitches placed in my head. Also I have a scar along my chin after using one of those rubber bouncy balls you sit and bounce on, and then subseqentally smacking my chin off of a concrete step in my garage (I was 6 and needed 5-6 stitches)

Stabbed myself with a good knife while separating frozen hamburger patties, severing the tendon in my ring finger. The scar is huge because they had to cut a gigantic vee on the finger to reattach the tendon so I could move the finger again.

I played League of Legends one-handed using a Razer Naga mouse for about three months while that motherfucker healed.

Scars across my left hand knuckles that look horrific from when I had a scarecrow thrown off a roof at me. I say it was from a fight.

I was playing videogames in my father's study back in the 90's when the whole lamp fell from the ceiling over my head and my hands on the keyboard and smashed into a zillion of cristal pieces.

I only got a big scar on my ring finger.

My worst fear. Falling roof things.

I have two scars from the same incident one is one the right side of my upper lip and there other on my left eyebrow
My dog had to be put down so when i went to say bye for the last time that crazy son of a bitch bit me across the face

My sorceress uses shitloads of life magic so she generally doesn't scar, but there was one exception - an extremely potent poison that almost killed her left a splotchy black-ish mess on one of her shoulders. She made friends with the assassin who tried to kill her a few years later, and said assassin treated the scar to remove it, because only an idiot would use a poison they can't neutralize in an emergency.

I've got a long scar on my foot from stepping on some glass barefoot as a kid, and round scars on my leg and ass from being attacked by a dog as a slightly older kid.

>Was a chronic alcoholic for years
>Got into an argument with friend over who can punch harder
>8 punches deep
>People break us up
>"We're not even fighting"
>Have a cracked tooth and split chin
>My shit's all good
>He has to get a root canal
Victory.

This thread reminds me about the "coldnessinmyheart" girl.
Wonder whatever happened to her. Anyone?

The only visible scar I've got is on my right wrist. Seventh grade, hot glue gun, I reached for something while my partner was using it and it burned a oval-ly scar into me forever.

I spent a year or two punching walls to deal with my issues, so my middle finger's bottom knuckle on my right hand is also kinda fucked forever, but it's not so much visible as feelable.

i have a scar and dent on my forhead from when i fell down some stairs as a toddler.
got a circular scar on my stomach from when i was mucking around on a BMX at age 12 and partially impaled myself on the exposed steel end of the handlebar.

also got a scar on my hand from I don't know where. Probably a serious slip with a blade while bulding my warhams.