Technical Analysis

What do you guys think about tech analysis?

I know it's controversial- you either hate it or love it. What are your reasons for either one?

Other urls found in this thread:

fscomeau.com/why-technical-analysis-is-bullshit/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what a stupid post

personally I think its BS and can be manipulated pretty easily

no different than reading tea leaves or cutting open a goat and analyzing its organs to predict the future.

Common sense and not panic selling will trump TA any day of the week.

People make billions of dollars off it so that pretty much settles that it is valid.

It has yet to prove effective in crypto and most of the meme lines people on this board draw make no sense.

You can roll the dice and throw money at moon missions pretending to be a trader.

Or you can study market psychology and trends and then make calculated investments.

TA is just a loose guide to visualize market movement. It should not be considered some sort of crystal ball. Also, if you are attempting to make intelligent decisions in Crypto, you should also be including FA in your process. In crypto especially, because these coins are almost all speculative, so if you don't have an understanding of what the project is actually trying to accomplish and if they are reputable, then you are doing it wrong.

Memelines.

What kind of idiot turdfucker is going to categorically dismiss technical analysis?

people also lose billions of dollars off it.

IMO, FA > TA for crypto

Most people on Veeky Forums think it's stupid and are like this guy But that's because you're on Veeky Forums and 90% of the people here are dumb and lazy, so they don't look into/learn it.

TA = market psychology. It's a simple as that. Humans are humans, and charting measures emotions in the market. Crypto is full of people who trade purely with emotions, so guess what? TA works perfectly in crypto.

>technical analysis is bullshit

fscomeau.com/why-technical-analysis-is-bullshit/

>crypto
>fundamentals

Definitely agree. But the TA can help chart the emotions of the market as it reacts to marketing, branding, news, etc.

Most people trading crypto are not professional traders and are likely just nerds that are figuring it out as they go, so the market is much more emotional than traditional trading environments where real bulls and bears exist.

So I think the market trends are hyper condensed versions of what happens in the stock market. ADHD trading. Because of that I think TA definitely helps if you are looking for an entry point on a well established project.

But, if you are looking for the next x3 then FA is all you need.

Other way around

Lmao /thread

It needs to be combined with other things like news and fundamentals to truly understand where the price is going.

Also using it for short-term day trades is going to get you rekt eventually.

>fscomeau.com/why-technical-analysis-is-bullshit/
Are you telling me you never look at level two? You never look at the chart? You trade solely on fundamental analysis? Do you know what the price is before you buy? Saying technical analysis is bullshit is the dumbest fucking thing and I hear people say this every day. TA doesn't just mean chart patterns and meme lines.

People say it's about analyzing market trends, it's not. It's about creating market trends. TA is just self-fulfilling. You have hundreds of people who are trained to recognize the same patterns, and most of them spread their "calls" to dozens of other people, so you have thousands of people buying based on the same patterns, which causes the market to shift to follow those patterns.

Ask yourself who is likelier to make money - someone who knows TA properly or someone who is completely ignorant of it and just takes random punts and enters/exits markets whenfucking ever.