A Trans-Dimensional Empire

>a multi-verse type setting involving a trans-dimensional empire
>said trans-dimensional empire is a very heavily sci-fi type of faction that has all that cool and sleek looking sci-fi tech we all know and love
>their leaders are a race of eldritch-lovecraftian aliens with space magic powers and powerful psychic abilities
>they are diverse when it comes to member races as they're all composed of humans from alternate universes with alternate earths, humanoid aliens and the very non-humanoid type aliens
>this trans-dimensional empire has conquered and or assimilated thousands of worlds, hundreds of galaxies and multiple dimensions and universes throughout the multi-verse
>they favor and like universes that are intelligent, civilized and technologically advanced, so any said worlds and or universes that are worthy are given the opportunity to be peacefully assimilated, but if any universe or world is weak and inferior they will just invade and conquer
>they; including the leader race, hate magic and any worlds and dimensions that has it as it makes their plans for conquest much harder
>so when ever they discover such magic-fantasy worlds they try to destroy it or occupy it for awhile because such worlds are extremely rich in natural resources, so they will genocide the inhabitants, occupy and drain said type of worlds for whatever resources its worth
>although they hate magic, they're very much OK with using and exploiting it for their own needs and plans, so long as it is kept in their control
>and therefore they also enslave such fantasy races that are experts in magic like elves and fairies to be used to control and combat other magical forces
>and they also hate religions and whenever they conquer or assimilate a world they will always systematically destroy any religion in said worlds as they know it will power any magical cosmic entities that'll make things more complicated for them

So what you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s22XqGkuIFw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The combine from Half life?

This guy gets it.

I dont know man, first thing to come up in my mind were the Phyrexians. The Combine of Half Life ain't the first "trans-dimensional" empire to ever exist. I bet this faction OP is talking about and the Phyrexians would be rivals/enemies but choose to avoid each other, yet get each other into some skirmishes.

The part where they hate religion and such makes me think they're an overglorified redditors.

Honestly whats wrong with religion? if they're so intellectually advanced, why do they have to be so bigoted with religion? Let people worship their gods so that they can show just how equal and tolerant they are.

I agree, the "pro-science and logic and anti-religious" trope is old, overrated and bigoted. C'mon OP be more tolerable AND original because I'm sensing alot of anti-relgiousness coming from you with all this anti-religious bullcrap.

>and they also hate religions and whenever they conquer or assimilate a world they will always systematically destroy any religion in said worlds as they know it will power any magical cosmic entities that'll make things more complicated for them

>Not using their religions to control them

Fucking shit.

I think OP is saying no religion as prayers can empower gods which will fuck up the invaders.
It'd be like cutting a fuel supply line and watching enemy tanks disappear from the battlefield.

Would it be OK to post any people, aliens, tech, weapons and other cool looking shit that would likely be part of this trans-dimensional empire? I think they'd have ship fleets like this.

I agree, the could say like:
>"We have been sent by your Yahweh/Moohumaad to guide you to a better future and we are with them. Follow our rules and bow down to us and we will lead you all to greatness."

>post aliens, guys and tech that'd be part of this HL2 Combine expy
Sure, I think these Techno Valkyries would be a member of them.

A fighter jet of theirs

>So what you think?

This is only partially related, but I like the idea that fast-food places are trans-dimensional.

What I mean by that is the concept themselves is mildly symbiotic (or parasitic depending on how you feel about fast food) and that as long as there's sapient beings in a dimension the idea -thinking itself- will implant itself into minds of people.

So that every respective dimension can have it's version of Mcdonalds: ad infinitum.

Honestly all I could get from this is pic related

Sure thing pal, lets post more sci-fi pics that would likely be part of this tansdimensional empire. Pic related

>They enslave elves because they magic 'n shit

"We'd like to see you try." Tans-Dimensional Monkeigh!

Because
>as they know it will power any magical cosmic entities that'll make things more complicated for them

Which, while still ultra-faggotry, atleast is some kind of an excuse to be le scifi fedora tippers

youtube.com/watch?v=s22XqGkuIFw

The first trans dimensional empire/setting called Paratime (written in 1948) actually had slaves but ran on Roman rules for slavery.

If they're as omnipotent as they seem, why are they invading other dimensions? What could they gain? Furthermore their reason for conquest doesn't make sense. They cross dimensions to... Do what, exactly? Find new intelligent races to incorporate? That sounds less like an empire and more like an interdimensional band of friendship. The fear of gods is interesting, but when you're already a trans-dimensional multicultural domination machine, it seems strange that anything could threaten you.

I think you're on to something, but you need to figure out why this empire exists and what possible conflicts it would have. Maybe the empire is falling apart because all the assimilated peoples are growing stronger than the lovecraftian beasts and splintering into factions. Maybe they have a crisis of leadership because of a memetic virus from a dimension with extremely strange fundamental laws that can't even be expressed or understood by the accumulated knowledge and language of the empire. Maybe an even bigger empire or organism from a bigger barrier than the dimensional one (Probability?) is threatening to crush the empire, if that monstrosity will even deign to notice the empire.

That last idea would be pretty cool because you'd have to think of a monster so vast it inspires lovecraftian terror in lovecraftian monstrosities.

>Hoe to spot someone who didn't read the post
They do it to get them sweet natural resources, the civilization conquering is a by-product of that

>*snip*

Wow talk about generic sci fi plot tropes and reveals by the numbers.

I think that, explaining too much takes away from the concept.

>worlds rich in natural resources

Fucking what resources, their a multi galaxy empire. Magic space dust which only appears on magical worlds because mmbmlbmblb?

Its all very generic sounding to me pal.

But I like the idea of the thread, I have a few brainstorm ideas on it.

>far future super advanced humanity
>in big horrible fight with space monsters, going bad
>Make breakthroughs in dimensional theory and magic, discover multi-verse
>but can't easily traverse it, they can only use uncontrolled fracture bombs to shit out objects into the multi-verse randomly
>makes tens of thousands of 'seed pods' and sends them out, most turn up in a black hole or some physics-breaking dimension where they go poof
>century later, new discoveries allow them to curb stomp space monsters
>can now travel multi-verse easily, set up expedition to discover the remaining pods and see what they ended up doing

>implying anything is more generic then 'muh resources

Generic I meant was "We're running away from a bigger threat"

I think the memetic virus idea was good, they arnt used enough in fiction

The barely-used ideas are the ones from Project Noah.

>Project Noah

google gives me nothing solid

Project Noah aka Xenogears Perfect Works

I don't see any reason to include magic at all. Why? Also the anti-theist doctrine of obliterating religion makes little sense unless gods are somehow real. They can't be doing it for their own good because they wouldn't mercilessly subjugate everybody if they cared about doing good. The best logical reason I can think of is that gods are actually other Lovecraftian type entities that are unaligned with the conquering ones.

The major crux of things as I see it though is this. Why bother conquering at all? You claim that they have multiple universes of resources at their disposal and the highest technology there is. Why not simply colonize around and box in more primitive civilizations? Slowly rob them of their sovereignty, reduce them to puppet states and eventually assimilate them into the collective. Lovecraftian beings are timeless entities after all. What's the rush?

>thousands of worlds, hundreds of galaxies
>multiple universes

There are 100 billion galaxies in the universes and each of them has about 100 billion stars in them

>generic dystopian empire, somehow still using conventional warfare despite occupying multiple universes and is overall reddit's wet dream nation

>the civilization conquering is a by-product of that

Our universe is - And probably other universes also are- so empty of life and full of unexploited resources. It's a fucking waste of time to fight with weaker sapient empires