Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/Ee1JcAVt

Not even gravity dare to mess with Maw-krusha edition

What's next? Realms of Battle? BTW, the only resin hero of Silver Tower, hail to the Wight King!

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-whquest-rules-en.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Old thread

lol i thought this was supposed to be a fucking skirmish game not a large scale battle thing

Anyone played the game yet?

I did, had a lot of fun with it once we got people rolling.

>Upon embarking on your first trial, these pages will explain just how and why the gathered heroes came to be at the Silver Tower, in an impossible chamber that leads to nightmarish halls. But this amazing art adds a whole new level of intrigue to the situation, with some very malevolent spectators gazing down upon the seemingly tiny form of a Knight-Questor. You may wonder what these terrible creatures could be: Lords of Change and Daemon Princes come to watch the work of the Gaunt Summoner? Manifestations of the Silver Tower? Aspects of Tzeentch himself? And what exactly is going on? That, we think we may have the anwer to. Just take a close look at what the creature on the right is juggling in the claws of his right hand…

We are the Tzeentch all along

It's both, we won't have a good idea on what it's more of until the General's Handbook comes out and the recommended point size for games is revealed.

Honestly, I'm hoping that it's smaller than 40k and more on the skirmish side.

I think these are some of the most concrete rumors with regards to the above:

>Units have a model count cap (max 10 models, or 20 models, etc. depends on the unit)

>You can only add models in "groups" (no points for individual models. Example: add 5 Liberators to your unit for X points)

>Book will contain points for all models, and they'll be included in Battletomes going forward (I don't know if it's definitive, I couldn't tell if he assumed that was what's going to happen or if he was told by studio guys)

>Army organization is a mix of force org from 40k and the point-tiers from Fantasy. For every X points in a game, you can have up to Y heros/wizards/monsters, etc.

>In Match Play, there's the "Rule of 1s", in that 1s always fail, limit named characters to 1 per army, and units you summoned cannot summon other units that turn

>Weapon upgrades in units won't cost additional points.

Dang, that's a pretty cool detail.

I wouldn't mind if the new Lords of Change looked similar to those picture, though if two heads became common it would take away from Kairos' uniqueness, assuming that isn't him.

>I wouldn't mind if the new Lords of Change looked similar to those picture, though if two heads became common it would take away from Kairos' uniqueness, assuming that isn't him.

Hate to be the one who explains the joke.

Look at what the two headed "Lord of Change" is juggling in his hands

Those are dice

These giant monsters are manifestation of us, the players, inside the Silver Tower

We are the shapers of fate, the players, we are aspects ofTzeentch

Yes, I got that.

That doesn't change the fact that two of the four are similar to Lords of Change and could possibly be inspired by a new kit. There is a decent chance that just like with the Bloodthirster, GW will make every Greater Daemon kit capable of producing three units.

Of course the possibility also exist that they just drew inspiration from the Lord of Change to have fun.

>It's both
LOL
>I'm hoping that it's smaller than 40k
yea those GW tabletop pics make it look REAL small
>max 10 models
you fucking know they wont do that. This is GW were talking about. i think that one makes the least amount of sense
and they already have games like that

>Weapon upgrades in units won't cost additional points.
that is completely retarded

sounds like a disaster

>Of course the possibility also exist that they just drew inspiration from the Lord of Change to have fun.

Which is the most likely, imo. A two headed LoC would steal From Kairos's thunder,

There is a rumoured new LoC this year so we will see

Ayy

Then again, I imagine Kairos will either be an option in the box or get his own like Skarbrand, since he'd probably be noticeably smaller than the new plastic LoC.

~50 wounds worth of stuff type scale seems to be what everyone I've seen playing here is doing.

Considering they made Skarbrand a separate kit, I could easily see them doing the same with Kairos. Ku'gath as well since off the top of my head I think he is the only Great Unclean One mounted on a palanquin carried by Nurglings.

>His kit is just the GUO kit plus some nurglings and a movement tray

Ive been playing 100 wound ish games (100 point SCGT) and that's been taking me ~3 hours a game.

Choppas or pigstikkas for boarboys?

cant you have a mix of both?

No for boarboyz.

>Choppas or pigstikkas
Choppa for unit contain 5 models; pigstikka for 10+ models; 6~9? Depend.

Any Silver Tower Heroes statistic pdf in one links Bros?

Man, a different paint scheme can do so much for a model.

Yes, I think it's awesome.

And a white background can totally undo it in a photo.

This

Is this bitch male or female? Can't guess from the pics.

Yes.

Obviously.

Elf

Aelf

ANelf. Grammar please!

Silver Tower Heroes statistic pdf in one links?

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-whquest-rules-en.pdf

>though if two heads became common it would take away from Kairos' uniqueness

Two heads was a pretty common upgrade you could buy.

Where my /ghoul/bros at?

Since GW didn't give us a new centerpiece model or named character anyone have tips for building/converting the Carrion King i.e. Ushoran?

Ghoulbro here, I have a bunch, but want to make a knightly court. Thinking of using fireforge, exillim and GW minis mix.

GW really scales their newer models up it seems. Makes the boards look so crowded and leaves little chance for muh movement, even if both sides have barely 70 models each.

You already have Zombie Dragon and a Terrorgeist, why would you need anything else? And since it's still Death you can always field Nagash, Mortarchs, Coven Throne and Mortis Engine. Coven Throne would look awesome converted as Flesh-Eaters Court Throne....

Fuck man, that thing on the left would be such a sick model.

...may have to steal it for my knight-vibe army.

>Battletome mentions ghoul girls and queens
>mfw no art or models of ghoul girls

When will you learn that GW does not want the creepy fetishist market?

>creepy fetishist
Talk to JB.

You could always use heresy minis if you want creepy.

>implying female ghouls would look any different whatsoever

Yee I mean these additional paid heroes pdf
Any one?

>convert new badass hero
>super hyped yo use in battle
>dies turn 1-2 every time because ranged units easily deal the 5 wound she got
>can only hide behind terrain the whole game
fuck this game

Git good.

>"wow! this new hero is gonna wreck so much face!"
>"wow, my opponent's new hero is gonna wreck my face, better focus it"
>hero dies turn 1
>doesn't focus the rest of the army
>you win anyways but are salty the special snowflake unit did nothing

I feel your pain user

Yeah, 50 to 60 is my preference. But I'm also just tired of big-scale games in general, so that could be a personal bias.

I'm waiting for at least one named Femcast, myself.

you don't even need to focus on most heroes because they only have 5-6 wounds.
though i understand that being able to snipe heroes is needed because some of the command abilities are ridiculous

>what are screening units

it's pretty much impossible to make it so the enemy can't see anything of the model. as long as they see the tip of a hat or feet they can shoot it

It's irrelevant because they can pick out the hero if they can see it.

Yeah basically. Although stacking mystic shields or camping in terrain vastly increases their survivability.

Because Nagash a shit. Some God of Death that can't even rule some loony based Vampire royalty.

Back to the Shroudcage you go.

Still there's this bit of fluff where Neferata allied herself with a Ghoul King and his court to fight off Chaos (or someone, don't remember)

I love Nagash, but Ushoran a best, yes.

Some Ghoul Kings follow Nagash. Some don't.

Okay, been playing Silver Tower today, went through two trials and stumbled over what I thought was a problem.

>played Chamon trial
>first room is a forking path
>spread cards out into two decks as the rules say
>go one path
>after a few rooms the fork-room vanishes
>go on, get to the room with the black hole that puts you back in the starting room but with all used exploration cards gone
>go to the next room, thus using up the last exploration card from the split deck
>it's not the goal room
Do I use the other half of the exploration deck now? I mean, should I have discarded them when the fork vanished? Or do I put the two decks together as I only have one path left?

>1# reason to play based Seraphon: Kroak
>2# reason to play based Seraphon: Sniping opponent's special snowflakes with chameleon skinks and deep striking rippers
>3# reason to play based Seraphon: all the fucking salt

Sorry not sorry. Git gud or git out.

Opinions on using the Knight-Questor in normal games of AoS?

He seems like a badass hero hunter, if you can get him there but that shouldn't be too hard as he is a fucking tank and it will take a LOT for him to go down, especially if you have a Lord-Castellant buffing him with his lantern.

he's decent, but his damage output is not nearly enough to make him a treath on the battlefield.
he's good to engage dangerous heroes and stall, i guess, thanks to his 3+ rerollable save, but thats all.
At least, from just reading his warscroll.

Just like all the other Silver Tower good guys, he's decent and that's it. He'll never hurt your army but he'll never help it either. He's worth his 5 Wounds but don't expect him to be worth more. The only Silver Tower good guy who's great in AoS is the Warpriest who can heal anything and is stronger for Order. As in, can heal your Celestial Hurricanum back up. Can heal your Treelord back up. Can heal your Steam Tank back up.

As for the Questor, to be good he'd need some actually good attacks. Now if his attacks all had damage 2 and not just a chance for damage 2, he'd be good. As he is, he's a leaky dam. Plenty tough to break through, but here and there something will trickle through and destroy what's behind him.

user didn't even specify what killed his special snowflake, but thanks for proving all our points and instantly getting defensive.

So I've been mulling something my head about the grand alliances, and what separates them.

Order is to fight chaos
Chaos is to fight order
Destruction is to fight for the sake of fighting
What does death fight for?

>What does death fight for?
more death, of course.

Just picked up a warshrine for my khorne chaos. Right now my main force is:

10 blood warriors, 20 blood reavers, 5 wrathmongers, 2 hellcannons, starter set heros, aspiring deathbringer, sorc lord (may end up using as a gaunt summoner) a bunch of knights/skullcrushers/foot warriors/chosen/lords and my custom dragon.

Where should I go next? I'm just feeling very 1-dimensional with my forces right now.

How does that feel one dimensional? You have chaff, strong infantry, strong cavalry, artillery, magic and a monster. There's lots of versatility there.

Just feels very "buff up and run at enemy" without any tricks like summoning, battalions, battleshock BS, broken command abilities, or stuff like the stormcast heroes. I might try out archaon on the horse, but before points people may complain bringing him in a medium sized game.

For the sportsmanship sake!

>people wonder why death is the least popular.

In all seriousness from what I've read, death just advances their own agenda, and nagash doesn't like stormcast because lolnosouls4u.

i'd say 10-20 more blood reavers-you want at least 2 units of them on the table.
and absoluetely one fucking bloodsacrator
You want your reavers to be the main hitters, running them with a bloodsacrator allows you
>1 extra attack for wraithmongers
>1 extra attack for bloodsacrator
>1 extra attacks thanks for the sacrator, again(reavers inner ability)
>chaos warshrine grants full to hit reroll
Thats a bas einfantry having 4 attacks +rerolls.
Holy fucking shit. Thank god at least they don't have lances, so only the front line can attack. But still..
>Just feels very "buff up and run at enemy
You are playing khorne bro.
Thats what khorne does. Your strategy usually relies on charges and attack priority.
Like, the chosens can buff attacks of nar units if they kill something first, then you have the wraithmongers who are the best on dying(throw them at archaon for maximum kek). You can use a summoner lord with some bloodletters if you want summoning, but if you want fun gimmicks and a different playstile my 2 cents on the matter is: start collecting another army.
Having multiple armies is always fun because it gives you different playstyles.
In the end, all you need is to find a reason to fight during every battle. that would spice things up and "forge your narratove".
I REALLY SAID IT

unused exploration decks are shuffled together.

Skaven to fight all. And win.

Vale Vermalanx

He's plenty tough, especially for a 5 wound hero, and his super-pile-in can be a nasty surprise, but he hits like a wet noodle.
I suppose he might do okay as a hunter of support heroes, wizards and such, but you have similar guys that do that way better, e.g. a Knight-Venator or any Drakothian Guard.
Also, never fucking ever waste a Lord-Castellant's lantern on a single five-wound hero unless that guy MUST survive. There are plenty of way more sensible targets.

More stormcast added.
i have to say, the dracoths-in low number-looks pretty good when on the battlefield with other models.
that is, 2+1 the lord celestant is the ideal number, more than that and they would look like ass thanks for the dull monopose(that, or square base ranked up)
I have a knight venator on the way and next month-hopefully when ill have most of these painted-ill get a second box set.
What next?

IMO Stormcast only look good when footslogging or deep striking in via lightning. I don't mind Dracoths in low numbers. The Stardrake can suck a dick though.

all the flying angel guys look shitty and just seem awkward on the table-top. I'd get the 2-handed hammer guys, i really like them and that roll a 6 do 2 mortal wounds thing is strong.

forgot pic lol
>I'd get the 2-handed hammer guys
with the 2nd starter set, i get 6 in total. Too bad it doesn't have the starmaces tho. But yeah, a second unit of retributors wouldn't be bad.
I was thinking about vexilor but if formations are allowed i don't see why, because i can teleport most of my army for free.

Death deals in death, and they want to keep their business going, that's it. They have their own little realm and want to keep the souls flowing, and all this stormcast shit is fucking up their soul intake.

So I'm kinda new to this and have been looking up all the different Chaos "gods". Is there good synergy between them because they all have the "chaos" and "daemon" keywords, or should I basically stick to one chaos god?

I like both Khorne and Slaneesh, but if I'm gonna cripple myself by putting them both in my army I figure I'll just collect one first and then the other instead of mix and match.

>I'm gonna cripple myself by putting them both in my arm
You won't.
Demons works great when mixed, while mortals absoluetely needs to stick togheter.
Of course you get better sinergy with individual sub factions-but having all chaos gods on your side means you'll have one unit for every job.
>plaguebearers for incredibly resilient units
>khorne for kills aka-muh mortal wound on 6s
>slaanesh aka SANIC-no, really, fucking seekers move 14 AND ROLLS 2 DICE FOR RUNNING. Also daemonettes charge n run
>tzeench for ranged
Put a couple or wizards on the table and summon whataver is needed to counter your opponent. cant see how it can fail.

Thanks! That sounds pretty badass actually. I'll probably get started with the Khorne start collecting box and go from there.

Np.
Unfortunetely juggernauts are pretty shitty in aos(they don't move much and deal shit damage)but the cannon is solid enough(aka pretty good) and the bloodletters are your average infantry unit.
If you don't want the ranged cannon the throne is....decent. Can become a good sponge wound due to autoheal, but i havent saw it in action yet.
get an herald of khorne to buff them and run them in units of at least 20. their ability to deal mortal wound on 6s is really good and they are good againt tough units. You can always summon more, too.

For the fluffy record... Khorne and Slaanesh hate each other. Similarly, Tzeentch and Nurgle hate each other. They don't mix well in the lore, although crunch-wise it's legit of course.

My friend is being super anal about using units of only a single keyword and not using anything that doesn't have printed rules you can buy. How can I get his head out of his ass and get him to understand that "dwarf" units in the app can be used with "dispossessed" units from the grand alliance? I asked him what he thought about playing against tomb kings or something and he said he wasn't sure if he'd let them play with rules that aren't "legal" (read: printed in the grand alliance books)

That's gonna rustle me a bit but I guess I can come up with some flimsy fluff excuse. They put all of them in the same faction so there's gotta be times when they have to work together.

Don't worry, it is kind of Chaos's thing. The 4 gods are always trying to be the one "in control". It's called the Great Game.

They even try to use their own undivided champion against each other for gods sake.

The PDFs on games workshops website are official, and legal. If he doesn't want to play them, tell your friend to find someone else to play.

>TFW none of my friends wanna go halfsies on a sigmar starter still even when I said I'd pay a bit over half and let them have the whole chaos lot for £24.

I guess I'm not jumping on the sigmar train.

I could just ebay the chaos dudes or whatever but bleh, it's a hassle.

is your friend autistic or have Aspergers?

Legacy armies are legit, they are getting points in the new General's Handbook coming out.

Put good shit out of the flanks that don't need keyword synergies to perform their roles.

So I've got 40 Pink horrors, a herald on foot, a burning chariot and the blue scribes, any tips on what to pick up next for chaos?

80 blue horrors, 40 brimstone horrors

actually, legacy armies are enouraged...
your friend's is a retard, probably has autism and you better look for other players.
try facebook groups
i just did and sold it in a couple of days.
You want to stay relevant to tzeench? a mage or two are always good, and i'd buy WHQ just for the tzaangors.

Couldn't find anyone via Facebook, I think I'll wait a little longer, paint up both halves and at least then I can teach friends to play it with me and stuff.

Can you get the non-legacy warscrolls online without the app? can't seem to find them.