Royal Revival Revival + CYOA / RP Thread

Noob poster inspired by a couple of CYOAs recently, Royal Revival and ahem, another one.
I didn't get a chance to post on the board Royal Revival was, but I had allot that I wanted to say.
First off: Nice thing, I appreciate what user did in posting it and keeping that board replied to.

And secondly, I had some headcannonical options and alterations that I decided to go for, and, writing those out turned into a short story.

I would love to see other CYOAs like ~RR, I'm not in love with some of the ultra-sexified pictures in this series, but overall I'm very satisfied with the inclusion of so much color and pictures as this offers.

And now, with the Postings!

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bxbrh3Q2CTiyfjMySGlKdDJJTEFzeXhjV3BDYWI5aVk5Zjg4LWo4c2x3TVpBY044c1NiUTg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Files are pretty big and, well, sorry for this but thank god for a good resolution anyway.

My upload speeds beat the CapTCHA timer one time out of five, Everytime.

Are you gonna post the story?

Throughout the whole pain of uploading errors, yes. it just might take a few hours.

Part four: I'm not partial to some of the arts of the suiters myself, Azalea and Simon really summed up the skimpyness of some of the princesses in it.
Olivia is radically cool though in a couple years or if yer' fourteen.

After the files are all up, I'll post some characters with their descriptions, as well as some more real commentary on the world & choices it has.

>TFW one of your favorite CYOAs got its own thread, thus dooming it

It won't be like MGCYOA I swear user

Will it live?
Who knows,
All I knows is that the boards of Veeky Forums pump out threads like an arachne with nothing better to do, and if things get buried, they may be gone for days or forevers.

>I'm not in love with some of the ultra-sexified pictures in this series

look at this faggot

Final piece of it at last!
Then what with my build, and, some flavor for how that build starts off.
And then Sleep,
and then more stuff mebes.

>Final piece of it at last!
You didn't post the last page, though.

ohhh sweet last of them.

Looks like some (if not all) of these are older versions. Here's the author's Google Drive (contains the newest version of RR and a bunch of other CYOAs): drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bxbrh3Q2CTiyfjMySGlKdDJJTEFzeXhjV3BDYWI5aVk5Zjg4LWo4c2x3TVpBY044c1NiUTg

Indeed, well, uploads are fickle in my area.
Any rate. Here's one of my builds with an added touch of backstory to it.
Theme: Reincarnation kills.

Part one of:~Flavour: Everdine's last Evening:

The Eclan New-Summer Festival was still in full tilt, but this was her favorite time of day, and of a beautiful one as well, a warm, breezy sunset was just a minute away, so she entered into the gardens to take full advantage of it. The princess felt light as a feather and warm to the tickling of light winds that stirred the soft but bright evening light.
Concern for the world outside her always came to her in the gardens at some point. She knew of only a few places as beautiful s it was. Trees rustled as a few of the automnborne leaves and flower petals flew softly around as she thought of her future and the blights beyond the palace and the Eclan border. The sun began to dip below the horizon as Everdine thought about the nations and the responsibilities ahead of her, and as she walked, her mind traveled.
"Eclan, Clipsean, Grevean, and even the Verendians should have their homelands on the way to be paradises by now except for the wars and dark magic."

"Elizabeth said it could be possible, and I believe her, when she's says it's possible, she means it's logistically possible, and if we can enchant springs, farms, forests, and towns well enough to make food and comfort plentiful there'd be so much need for these wars. When Victoria gets back maybe I can get her and Liz'beth to talk again, that was SO cool, and Teresa would be glad if I found another way to help fix this mess."

And now for the part that gave me no pleasure to write. (but it had to be done)

Flavor part two:
As the last quarter of the sun sank below the horizon, and the green hills darkened into depening shades of blue, Everdine Everdine became chill, and a quiet second passed while she stopped, then, a footstep landed beside her, and the assassin appeared out of the darkness robed the color of oncoming night. She raised her arms but was slammed in the chest, "No!" she tried to say, wanting just to have the chance to talk it out, make it stop, and make whatever was happening not be was it was. but the sound she made was not a word, and the force of the impact threw her to the ground. As she lay there, the padding footsteps retreating into the shadows of a golden and blue twilight, her mind unfroze, but as she thought now, the sound of her own mind became dimmer with every second, red blood flowing down her green gown.

"but why would that be? "This, ...is happening. It is so wrong! They are so wrong! Ithey could have just been well, and, .. everybody could" and she thought of her sisters and brothers and people, the land and discoveries it could hold, her hopes and aspirations held on bitterly. Her vision blurred as the gold petals rained down under a sunlit clear sky, the earth all fell into the dark of night . Her eyes closed and her vision faded off completely.

(T~T)

Flavor Part 3: Reincarnation!

Suice's mouth quirked into a smile as she felt the first impression of Princess Everdine's reincarnation begin to take form. The light of the ceremony obscurred the form but She could feel the soul's impression Not a princess any more, and far more serious. The blood-colored light of the reincarnation spell amplified briefly as the shaded form within itbegan to float to the ground. It was a larger form, kneeling, head lowered and short-haired.

As the light receeded and the spell was finished, a pair of royal assistants rushed forward and covered the form with an elaborate silken green gown embroidered with red, gold, and green leaves and flowers of all colors. The form rose to standing and stood, unmoving for a long moment while the small assembly of royal family retainers stood breathless. Suice's smile stuck, they all had no idea who this person was anymore., the fur-rimmed, garden-colored cloak shrouded him from the neck down, and something in the enchanted scarlet firelight of the chamber made the vestment's red flowers and leaves stand out like blood on the tall form. Then, the new prince seemed to take everything in and fell back a step uttering half a question "Wha-" before Teresa threw her arms around the figure, cutting them him off and steadying him., breaking the stillness in the chamber. The rest of the royal family gathered around, Diana and Teresa both in tears apart in tears, Victoria and Alexander smiled, and Elizabeth's eyes were fixed on this new person who was supposedly her sister.

Very nice stuff!
I'd only seen the ones I've found posted on the sixteenth or so in another thread.
Wish there was a way to tag and sift through the threads to find particular CYOAs, but, formatting, there ya go.

So, my build for this new reincarnation:

Prince Emmanule

Lodgings: Harsh Room

Artifacts:
Midnight Sarcophagus -A morbid,
Replenishing Bracer -Sustained exertion in combat and less muscle fatigue from sustained warfare.
Featherlight Perfume -Lightens extra heavy royal armor
Blood Stone -Crystal Knight

Advisor: Alexander

Suiter: None // later considerations are Scarlet of Grave, Suice, and Katelyn (if the king of Verende is near to being overthrown)

Tolfir -Archmage-Conserving his magic for teleportation magic
Sydny -Physician- Returning me to the fight as often as possible to inspire the day.

Tactics, Chivalry, and Offensive Combat. The majority of my time will be spent on the road, consulting with and battling with Alexander where our forces need it most. Heading as many attacks as possible and being retrieved for quick recouperation in the midnight sarcophagus. Defense is left to feather-lightened extra-heavy armor.

Crystal Knight
-Front-lines Shock force utilizing teleportation and tactical strikes combined with durability and healing to stay in the fight. The ability to continuously lead the attacks while being extremly hard to fell.

-Missions:
Join the Fight -The place where tactical strikes and the morale effect of having a never-ceasing, seemingly un-killable royal knight to lead attacks across multiple fronts should lead to the creation of frightening tales among the Verendians and inspiring ones among the allied forces.
Destroy the Dark Spirit -Scarlet Witches saved my life, ish. It's high time I've repaid them.
Kill General Markus -at the nearest opportunity during the fight.

-----
If there's updating to do of it, I'll do some updating later, plenty later than four am.

(knight's picture by Goddess Mechanic Savo)

How exactly does RP work in this CYOA?
Were several princesses assasinated and revived?