MtG: Standard Edition

Winning FNM with Meme deck edition

Well, last FNM I played with a modificated Monoblue Brain Meme deck and went 3-0-1.

What decks are you playing?

What are you brewing?

What are you expecting from Eldritch Moon?

>Tech added to my list.

- TITI x4 main for chumpblocking/Anguished Unmaking and Declaration in Stone magnet to protect the Brains.
- Clash of Wills x3 maindeck to counter early threats
- Send to Sleep x2 main to protect my face from Aggro.
Added 1 Mirrorpool main and removed the 2 Blightlands.

>Sideboard tech

- Invasive surgery x2 for Sorcery threats
- Psychic Rebuttal x1 for 2x1 discard/burn spells

Changed Disperse for Compelling Deterrence since it has a plus when controlling a zombie.

The rest is the same shit you can find in other lists.

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/22-05-16-kill-yourself/
mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-20-9-tix-standard-mono-blue-brains
youtube.com/watch?v=0wUfvwstGJM
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-05-16-vampire-madness/
tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/23-05-16-XRT-none/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rw-eldrazi-blink/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A short story with Compelling Deterrence and Physic Rebuttal.

> Last match vs Eldrazi B/W
> First round I got destroyed by 2 Reality Smashers and Seers

> Second round I side counterspells
> Turns passes while I was countering his Seers and Smashers and my TITIs and Brain dying from BW removal.
> He managed to land a Gideon and start amasing an army and attacking me.
> Had 8 manas and 2 cards. I hardcast Rises and put 10 zombies tokens tapped.
> At this moment he was at 14 lifes, had 0 cards, 5 ally tokens and I was at 10 life, had one card and 2 mana available.
> His turn, he draws Westvale Abyss and sacrifice his 5 tokens to flip his land and put Gideons emblem to hit for lethal.
> Use Compelling Deterrence to bounce his land back and make it discard it since I had zombie tokens in the battlefield.
> Won next turn.

> Game 3 I removed TiTis for extra counterspells
> He had the full discard pack this time.
> I had a pretty bad hand with only 1 Invasive surgery to protect my hand.
> Fortunately I start drawing my sideboard cards. At one point I draw Physic Rebuttal, which was useful in the last match vs a weird UR Eldrazi Googles deck.
> Time passes and he manged to land Reality Smasher and start attacking me.
> I was at 5 life but had 10 mana to cast Part the Waterveil with Awaken.
> Opponent cast trangress the mind to check my hand.
> Cast Physic Rebuttal to counter it and copy his spell.
> check hiss hand. He had 2 lands and a Reality Smasher. I say "byebye Smasher".
> He pass
> Next turn I caat awaken Part the Waterveil and attack with my 6/6 elemental since his smasher was already tapped.
> Cast Another Part the Waterveil and attack with my now 12/12 elemental.
> Guy was king of angry muttering to his friends "shit decks like that shouldnt be played or even exist"

Feels good to own people who believe metadecks are everything.

The fact you got lucky doesnt mean that pile of crap you call deck is good or will ever be good for competitive.

>tfw only opened a dozen or so packs of SoI and ended up with a playset of Brain in a Jar

I don't even want to play that meme deck.

I'm impressed user - it seems real fun to play. While I'm a huge Westvale Abbey fan, I bet it felt good to bounce and discard it.

>fuck you for winning with blue, counters and bouncing are supposed to be bad. WIZARDS FIX THIS PLEASE

My meme is better than your meme.

Creatures: (28)
>Thraben Inspector x4
>Jaddi Offshot x4
>Hidden Dragonslayer x4
>Erdwal Illuminator x4
>Bygone Bishop x3
>Graf Mole x3
>Tireless Tracker x4
>Felidar Sovereign x2

Enchantments: (4)
>Ongoing Investigation x4

Instants & Sorceries: (4)
>Confront the Unknown x4

where is a good site for competitive standard deck lists?

B/W Eldrazi player detected

Mtgtop8, latest tournament-winning lists can be found there.

Being a Spike is for loosers though, Tier 1 decks are linear borefests without any sort of decission trees. A mentally handicapped chimpanzee could pilot them.

Being a Jhonny is where its at. Creative deckbuilding is the best part of this game.

Not him, but why you say B/W Eldrazi?

You are a huge shitter who doesn't know how to play or the first thing about the format or what makes a deck competitive.

Go back to Yu-Gi-Oh you kiddo.

I pretended he was the mad BW eldrazi player OP met in the tourney.

That BW Eldrazil was pretty dumb. He should've attacked with the tokens intead of transforming that shit lands.
Gosh this deck looks borings. Only bouncing stuff, tapping creatures and countering spells sounds lame as fuck. Gosh I really hate this meme deck since they take a shit ton of time to assemble this crappy combo. Play Esper Dragons instead.

Oh yeah, I don't usually read blog posts like OPs.

You seem to have a particular taste in decks, what do you play?, I'd love to have a look.

What do you think about my deck?, Its Checking eachoter's decks is a good way to get this general rolling.

How often do you actually win with that thing? I feel like the moment you play sovereign they know what's up and remove it immediately.

If I play Sovereign I'm usually well above over 40 lives already. This friday for example, I got over 86 lives, then played Felidar Sovereign.

Since I crack lotsa clues I usually find a Sovereign sooner or later. If not, I win by steadily accumulating clues and getting lethal in one clean swoop with Confront the Unknown.

Its surprisingly consistent too.

Rate this black green meme deck

tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/22-05-16-kill-yourself/

PD: I won very into the lategame T10 or something, but my opponent was playing a particularly potent W/B lifedrain Ally brew with plenty of Deathtouchers so I chose not to play the aggro game and let him attack first so that I could keep my pieces on the board.

It really paid off and I outlasted him by far even though he did hit quite hard, I built the same deck as him, so I was very satisfied since the deck's greatest strength is its lategame.

I also out-aggroed B/R Vampires. I felt pretty bad about that win because I was playing against a veteran in front of his son.

... I'm kind of looking forward to playing against the son though, since he plays elves and they are both regulars at my lgs.

>felidar sovereign deck
mah nigga. I had a FS deck when he was first printed, which was hilarious since my meta was literally 95% red deck wins or rw landfall. Sticking an early game soul's attendant/wall of omens was always a huge hurdle for them and getting an emeria active almost always made them scoop. It was surprisingly effective for such a slow deck in a fast meta.

Thinking of splashing white for siege rhino and eldrazi displacer. Good idea, or no?

Captcha: 420

Never mind on the rhino, I'm a dumbass

there are only 36 cards there

I omitted the lands bud.

Anyone else running werewolves of London? It's fun and decent, but I consistently run into problems with white weenies and their first strike. I'm also too poor too pick up Kozilek's Return and Arlinns. My current removal is lightning axes and Moonlight Hunts. Any other ideas? I'm running 4 Kessig Forgemasters, but they need to get flipped before they can do their thing, and by then Always Watching comes out 40% of the time.

I know, and I think people should not do that
what's your manabase? how well do you handle 3 colors?
I'm actually interested

What the hell is in a brain meme deck?

I know it from mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-20-9-tix-standard-mono-blue-brains

also sideboard would be nice :)

Why does this standard somehow even feel more fucking boring than last one?

Alright, you ask it, you've got it.

My actual mana base is:
>1 Port Town
>1 Fortified Village
>2 Canopy Vista
And the rest are basics.

Truth is, I ran out of budget building the deck, so I had to put together whatever I could with the duals I pulled. But yeah, when I've got some money again I'll build a proper manabase.

I liked the new SoI duals a lot, but after using a single copy of one in this deck I've noticed they are not so good in tricolor decks. They are excellent in bicolor ones though. I'd even use them over shocklands in those.

Anyways, I THINK a mix of Tangolands and Showlands are the way to go. Just 9 duals, the rest basics, seeing how both types work better with a high proportion of basics.

Really, the success of tricolor or 4 color decks will be determined by Kaladesh.

God, I'm really hoping for fetches next set. They would make the Landfall elements of my sets SO much better.

On all my trial runs I easily got over 10 clues, 30 lives with just a Jaddi Offshot and a Tireless Tracker. Fetches woul make the deck so much better it'd be unreal.

I have my share of complaints but anything else is miles above 4c goodstuff.

Eh... Uh... I actually don't have a defined Sideboard yet.

I'm all hyped about this deck because it really blew the fuck out of my meta, which isn't the latest top 8, bit its quite strong. Its also been faring quite well against the modern decks in my playgroup.

To put it into perspective, I hang with the kool kids of my lgs. They often play commander, but they are also very experienced Modern and Legacy players, meanwhile I'm the new guy.

Still, though I'm the most unexperienced of the group, this deck I've built has managed to beat 3 of their modern decks even without dem fetches. To say its got Modern potential is rash, very much so, but I'd say its T4, T5 as it is, T3 if I modified it to use a modern cardpool (Lotus Cobra seems like it would have huge potential in this deck for example).

The one deck I really have a lots of hopes in is a Modern Spirits deck. Very, very good. It was actually botn here, in Veeky Forums.

Anyways, I'm gonna go work on that sideboard so I can show you, ok?

imho evolving wilds should be useful, both for fixing and landfall purposes, have you thought about it?

>really hoping for fetches
I disliked the four-color meta and I think most people did.
I don't think they'll bring it back, at least not for now.

Well, they printed only 4 fetches back in Khans didn't they?

Maybe its time for enemy fetches. I don't think 4C rally will return if they printed them now that the meta's changed so much. New decks would surely arise but not that one imho.

Anyways, here's my preliminar sideboard.

Sideboard:
>Stratus Dancer x4
Do I even have to justify this?, its
Already pretty darn good as it
Is and fits like a glove in a deck like this.

>Expose Evil x3
This common is actually pretty amazing, specially in this deck. Tapping two creatures for 1W + Investigate is fine value, but alingside Erdwal Illuminator it allows you not only to shit all over the opponents turn, but also get a lot of clues in the process. Great vs aggro.

>Graf Mole x1
The spare one in case I find I need some additional lifegain.

>Declaration in Stone x4
Very useful removal, even if Hidden Dragonslayer already can take care of
Avacyn and the like.

>Whirler Rogue x3
This one is there for the control matchup. the ability to make everything unblockable really makes such matches far easier.

Its a Monoblue Standard deck that got popular when mtggoldfish revealed some gameplay with it. The reason it got popular was because the pieces were surprisingly cheap (around 20$ by the time before the price spike of some of the pieces).

OP made some modifications iwth some secret tech and adding thing in the ice, playing a versatile version of the deck. I am still not convinced with the deck being Monoblue. I would add black and build it according to my LGS meta.

Can I get you complete list ? It would be cool to compare it with the list I'm currently planing.

Also, yeah, my playgroup already suggested Evolving Wilds me. Hearing it here only reinforces what they said.

Anyways, 4 Evolving Wilds, 6 tango lands sounds about right.

Its also surprisingly effective in this particular deck too. When I started using it I ran 4 Knights of the White Orchid and Expose Evil, but after testing I noticed the Sovereigns were perfect for the deck and so were the Dragonslayers. The result was pretty spectacular... As long as I didn't get mana screwed that is.

Still, even when I have bad luck land-wise with this deck its never that bad. The clues really help a lot digging through the deck and I always end up getting the lands I need sooner than later. The fact its so consistent despite such a shitty manabase makes me have big hopes in this deck.

You know what the real killer is though?, Ongoing Investigation of all things.

When I played against my playgroup, it was the one card they would counter or bounce above all else, even before apparently greater threats like Tireless Tracker.

Why?, Because of its secondary ability. The fact it allowed me to investigate on their turn and get a lot of additional clues from Erdwal Illuminator meant I could get easy and early kills with Confront the Unknown. It really punished them for attacking me and when they did not play aggressively I ended up winning thanks to Felidar Sovereign or just plain 'ole damage anyways.

To think Hidden Dragonslayer is rotating this September makes me kind of sad... But the fact that that's the one and only thing my deck's gonna loose makes me happy. Plus god knows what kind of clue/artifact support they'll print in Eldritch Moon / Kaladesh.

>Tangolands
Daily reminder that that's a stupid fucking name because the "it takes two to tango" joke goes right out the fucking window the second you drop the land.

thinking of getting back into standard and saw this while cruising around the jewtubes. any standard players know if it's actually up to snuff for FnM?

youtube.com/watch?v=0wUfvwstGJM

Vamps without Olivia is seriously bad, and vamps themselves are extremely mediocre.

Memedecking is even more despicable than regular netdecking

>tfw i didnt fnm this week because work is getting really busy

i see, well fuck

they'll probably do okay against your average mtg player. but yeah, they won't really stack up against actual decks with real synergy

Ok, propose a better name m8.

See?, There's nothing decent to call them. Be thankful their name isn't as retarded as 'Shadowlands'.

Checklands.

Battlelands
why the fug wouldn't people just call them Handlands? It makes so much more sense.

people call pic related checklands

Battlelands is retarded. What makes them more battle-y than any other lands?

Checklands, on the other hand, is a pretty good name. Still not as good as Tangolands imho but its there.

they're from battle for zendikar

Playing with some of my friend's cards. I guess it's called black/green aristocrats? Won I Friday, got 3rd the week before. Nantuko husk, collected company, etc I think it's a netdeck that I'm only missing Lilliana in. Trying to homebrew mono red goblins or some deck focused around Dark Dwellers (any suggestions?), but nobody will playtest with me.

>Brain in a Jar
>meme

To be fair the card has serious potential, since you can cast sorcery speed at instant and for one entire mana. It also allows you to reorganize your deck down the road which is pretty nice. It just needs an additional mechanic or card to just bust it's shit up desu.

>playing
Playing mono white, recently went 3-1 in the Satruday standard event at GPLA
>brewing
nothing
>expecting
hopefully some more good cheap creatures for mono white

The problem is the spells in standard aren't exciting enough to play a deck like that and do well with it consistently. Unless Eldritch Moon adds a buch of great spells I don't see brain in a jar being very good in the future.

I just see it as a nice one- or two-of in a control shell to be honest. Nothing right now justifies it as a four-of, especially since a chunk of the meta is token spam right now, and a slow artifact doesn't help solve the problem. But hey, it's gonna get there eventually.

I don't think it'll make it but if you can figure something out more power to you.

... That's a pretty poor reasoning to call them that honestly.

Not even trying to be... What's the word... Contrarian (?) here, it's just a bad reason for an otherwise seemingly random name.

The name of the set identifies the lands, what's so bad about that?

i hope this post is intentionally ironic, defending "battlelands" but complaining about "shadowlands"

>What decks are you playing
Still running my R/G werewolves, lambholt pacifist puts in the work.

>What are you brewing?
EDH stuff and G/W humans and spirits

>What are you expecting from Eldritch Moon?
A legendary werewolf, tamiyo, and a more awful Tibalt.

The connection is pretty hard to make. After all, lands are usually named after what they do.

and there are no easy ways to describe what this land does so they named it after the set it came out in

Get the cheap red instants/sorceries for dark dwellers, for goblins get a playset of glory chaser, piledriver, reckless bushwhacker, 2-3 zada, and maybe abbot?

Creature (29)

3x Asylum Visitor
3x Drana, Liberator of Malakir
4x Falkenrath Gorger
4x Heir of Falkenrath
3x Incorrigible Youths
4x Indulgent Aristocrat
4x Olivia, Mobilized for War
4x Ravenous Bloodseeker

Land (23)

2x Evolving Wilds
4x Foreboding Ruins
6x Mountain
4x Smoldering Marsh
7x Swamp

Instant (8)

4x Fiery Temper
4x Lightning Axe

Sideboard (15)

2x Duress
3x Fiery Impulse
2x Grasp of Darkness
3x Transgress the Mind
2x Ultimate Price
3x Visions of Brutality

Check this 5 tho

Bump
u
m
p

It's not a complete cycle. When/if they print enemy colored ones, calling them battlelands will sound much more ridiculous than tangolands.

>Tangolands
>Shadowlands

What the fuck are those names anons? In my LGS people call the BfZ lands "Dual Checklands" while the SoI lands are called "Showlands"

Dark Dwellers with Sin Prodder. They take life to block you from getting a powerful -3 CMC spell then you drop Dwellers.

>What decks are you playing?
Superior B/W Eldrazi

>What are you brewing?
Nothing, cause B/W Eldrazi is the best deck this season

>What are you expecting from Eldritch Moon?
Kill the shit decks and meme decks

Last Standard was absolute shit, just pick the color you liked the least and jam every good card in all the other colors in your deck, with some variation. Add 12 fetches and 12 battle lands and you're good.

This at least has some difference.

I call them bilands and handlands

Your names sound really dumb

How am I looking?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/08-05-16-vampire-madness/

>"Dual Checklands"
Mouthful, and all checklands are dual lands.
>"Showlands"
This is what I call them. What does your LGS call the duals printed in BFZ?

I feel has more consistency. That said, vampires are as good as it's going to get (read: not very) until EMN comes out. It's like it tries hard to be pseudo BW warriors, but fails since there's no lord like Chief of the Edge

I just call them nonbasic lands

I think brain will be a staple piece until it rotates out and also agree is not just a straight u usage. More synergy with zombies would be nice include.

I really like the whole brains zombies combo.

v=6u-KUeyK5BI
MTG has some good youtube channels but my recommended is link related and DesolatorMagic

and they probably will, because the only other basic-land-type cycles were completed

Rate/advise about my deck?

Going to test for first time tomorrow.

I present my latest creation: Golgari Scions 2 - Electric Boogaloo

tappedout.net/mtg-deckpaste/23-05-16-XRT-none/

does this actually work somehow?

Just got into Magic, thinking about what im gonna do when Eldritch Moon comes round. Whats the best way of buying into a new expansion?

hes playing a pay to win...
there is no skill left in magic, its all net decking and 2-3 hundred dollar decks in standard.
thats why i quit.

You might as well just give up card games as a whole then user.

Yes

There are many decks like it, but this one is mine.

put a 1 of Wastes in the deck, since you've got 3 evolving wilds

Anyone want to rate my latest brew? I just bought the last cards and they should come in the mail before next weekend

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/rw-eldrazi-blink/

I think you'd like Pieces of the Puzzle and you can choose to let stuff in your graveyard for the GDD

>my meta has a bunch of Gx ramp decks that tutor and play world breaker
>mfw meme deck is basically unplayable

>tfw playing in a meta where only one guy plays Gx ramp and dodging him at fnm when I play esper tutelage

If I have two Ulvenwald Mysteries and a Thalia's Lieutenant on the field, does sacrificing a clue give me 2 +1/+1 token on the Thalia's or just the one?

Since two human tokens are entering the battlefield, but I think it's at the same time.

I need to side against white humans and esper control for my local FNM. Playing B/U zombies. Any suggestions?

I run duress, negate, transgress the mind, flaying tentacles for those matches in my sideboard and have dead weights and grasp of darkness in the main.

Wouldn't it be two, since they enter separately on the stack since they are two different effects putting them onto the field? Thalia's ability would be put onto the stack as soon as one Ulvenwald resolved, so it would occur, then go onto the next, then occur again.

My personal /blog about my last fnm tournaments.

I usually play Bant Company, usually win or at least get packs.
As the format evolved I read everywhere of decks that were created to curb stomp bant company, everyone on my shop moved to these decks and my winrate hasn't really moved up or down, is the same so I can't say I feel any difference.

I decided to move to G/W tokens because I already had all the cards, but it seems like the deck hates me, there's times I super brick, others I find myself with all the stellar cards on play but can't do nothing because the deck is not aggresive enough or doesn't do enough per turn.

It's really weird and since there's a GP near my city on two weeks I don't know what to do since the public opinion is that Bant is shit and G/W is the superior choise.

A friend of mine is using R/G/W planeswalkers and got results so I don't know if moving to something like that because 3 colors give much better choises with Chandra and Radiant Flames.

What would you do Veeky Forums? At this point I don't believe using Bant is an option since it gets reckt by every deck on the meta,

If you want to play darkdwellers play R/B. Sin Prodder, Thunderbreak, draconic roars, 2 dragonlord Kolaghans, 2-3 k commands, you get the jest.

whats your zombie list lad?

Hey I just got back into magic a couple weeks ago, my collection isn't massive at the moment but I'm going to run with this next time my local card shop has standard for fnm.

Help/ tips?

22 Mountain

3 Shivan Dragon
1 Conduit of Ruin
4 Ember-Eye Wolf
2 Scourge Wolf
4 Pyre Hound
2 Lavastep Raider
1 Bane of Bala Ged

4 Vessel of Volatility

4 Fiery Temper
4 Lightning Axe
4 Expedite

2 Sparkmage's Gambit
3 Burn from Within

4x Relentless Dead
4x Diregraf Colossus
4x Prized Amalgam
3x Fleshbag Marauder
2x Nantuko Husk
2x Liliana, Heretical Healer
2x Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
1x Risen Executioner
2x Stitchwing Skaab
1x Geralf's Masterpiece

1x Ob Nixilis, Re-ignited

2x Read the Bones
2x Dead Weight
2x Grasp of Darkness
4x Compelling Deterrence
4x Sunken Hollow
4x Choked Estuary
9x Swamp
4x Island
2x Westvale Abbey
1x Blighted Fen

Sideboard
2x Ultimate Price
2x Flaying Tendrils
2x Ruinous Path
2x Duress
1x Transgress the Mind
1x Pick The Brain
1x Infinite Obliteration
2x Grotesque Mutation

How much are you willing to spend? You will get crushed 0-2 every game playing this. You could build a respectable white weenie, blue control, or white/red mid range deck for pretty cheap.