Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Healer Edition.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
>pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19)
>paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Please search for the Uneratta'd content here. Save them, and wait for Nerfonomicon user to compile them.
web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

archivesofnethys.com/
d20pfsrd.com
d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/northwinter-press/monster-trainer
giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20807428&postcount=578
d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/prestige-classes/battle-templar
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>healer edition
You do realize you're inviting the healslut autists now, right? We have enough autism to deal with already.

Reminder that Archives of Nethys has all the errata'd content stored in it's original form!
archivesofnethys.com/

The last thread was on page 10. It was either healers or drow.

Por que no las dos?

>It was either healers or drow.
Why not both?

When someone says drow cleric, I don't immediately think "healer."

So if i only have enough for one of these which would you recomend: Advanced class guide
Occult adventures
Ultimate intrigue
Pathfinder unchained

d20pfsrd.com

None of them. Don't give Paizo your money.

>Dedicated Healer
Its either an Oradin or a WASTE OF SPACE
Really people stop asking for full casters clerics like this is a fucking MMO.
Also channeling sucks ass.

Unchained probably, since it actually has neat rules. ACG has all the hybrid classes which are "Eh" at most unless you want to break the game over your wizard dick as an Arcanist. UI is similarly meh, and OA has a number of just nonfunctional stuff.

Or you could just download them all from the trove.

Why not both?

Though hard to imagine a PF drow healer. Maybe a fucked up vitalist.

>Viconia

My friend and compatriot of African descent.

>Or you could just download them all from the trove.
I would but the moralfag in me wont let me

Considering they post all the stuff for free themselves on the PRD, I don't see the issue.

Paizo doesn't deserve your pity/moral behavior

>You do realize you're inviting the healslut autists now, right?

It's /pfg/ we're getting plenty of different flavors of autism no matter what.

If the PCs in my campaign survive long enough to make it to the "Year of the Drow," most of the priestesses of Lolth will have levels of either Myrmidon or Ordained Defender and Battle Templar.

Whips can be threatening.

So /pfg/, got a question for you.

Do you require knowledge of an incoming attack to counter it? I know you can't counter if you're flat-footed, but I mean if it's the middle of combat (so you aren't flat-footed) and some guy attacks from stealth.

If you aren't aware of an attack, you are considered flat-footed against the attack, so you can't counter based on the no counters while flat-footed clause.

Just to note from the last thread, Neothelid uses all its SLAs as swift actions due to Divided Consciousness. Unless it's 1-rounded it teleports and full attacks whoever shot it.

My party found an artifact amulet of +10 CHA, currently being used by the bard.

We were discussing who should use it if the bard is absent, and (ignoring the wizard, who somehow thinks he has dibs), the cleric tried to convince me (a paladin/warlord) that she should get it, because it would give her more uses of Channel Energy.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/northwinter-press/monster-trainer
Is this class balanced?

Which Paizo AP is the best one for a 1-on-1 "solo" game? GM is debating rebooting a RotRL campaign that wiped versus starting over and trying something else (Jade Regent, Hell's Vengeance, Reign of Winter) and isn't sure what would be the most fun.

Anybody want to help me with an aether kineticist? I'm mostly conflicted over if I should switch from hobgoblin to ethumion (worse stats but better for the flavor) and if I should take the avant guard archetype. 32PB and I'm planning on filling the rogue/healer (burning a feat for kinetic healing) slot in the party.

>balanced
Against which classes?
I think single-classed paladin outheals cleric with just lay on hands. More so if he's a tiefling and heals himself.

"balanced" kind of depends on the rest of your party and what your GM is throwing at you.

Tier 5 martials and tier 1 casters.

Fair enough, but the full attack remains unimpressive. The DCs for its abilities aren't that scary either.

Iron Gods.

:^)
Completely true, it just bugs me with everyone going 'lol archer it to death' while ignoring half its abilities. I do think a swift action (possibly mass) SoD per round is nothing to sneeze at either.

I'll admit to having misread many of its abilities, mainly due to my lack of experience with psionicism.

Teleport not being Greater teleport can be a bit of a bitch as well, you still have a non-trivial chance of teleporting wrong if you're not fighting on your own territory (and savvy adventurers will try to engage the creature away from its sensors.)

Aside from the DSP guys, are any anons here freelancers?

Man, I forgot how arse that is. Kinda weird you can teleport somewhere you can see trouble-free with dimension door, but if you use teleport it can immediately go to shit

We'd recommend looking in the OP of the thread for the Trove, user.

MECHA AEGIS WHEN

What is this?

You mean freelance game developers working with Pathfinder? I think there's a guy writing spheres books. I heard the pay is shit in the whole industry of tabletop games though.

Its always Drow time!

Anything new happen to Tzocatl playtest in the past months Ssalarn has gotten hold of it?

It's really about silver crane, since I only have two paladin levels. For aoe, I'm just about equal with argent knight's banner, and for myself, I'll always be better with argent king's scepter for self-heal 60.

Even then, CHA doesn't increase channel energy's potency, it increases uses of, which is much less important, especially because I have infinite uses. Since she's a merciful healer, she can't hurt undead with it anyways.

>using Ssalarn's shit
>ever
kys

giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20807428&postcount=578
Supposedly tomorrow. Or the last thing in playtest because I read something along the lines it will be made only after whole mecha system is finalized.

Someone made a spoof of Baldur's Gate with Final Fantasy Tactics sprites.

What is the theoretical last straw for you to finally quit Pathfinder? What is your line in the sand, Veeky Forums?

And what do you think about a Pathfinder 2.0?

Skulls and Shackles.

They basically hand you a group of pirates in the beginning, and anything that requires more than one person can be solved with your pirate crew.

Additionally, the large amounts of gold the game throws at you (Boats are worth a lot) will mean that your solo player will be above the curve.

Just watch out for the shark teeth sorceress encounter. It nearly wiped my PoW party due to the setup shenanigans.

Question here, the Tattooed Sorcerer archetype grants a familiar, and the Serpentine bloodline grants a familiar at lvl3,

if you play a tattooed serpentine sorcerer do you get 2 familiars or one more powerful familiar, or do you just lose the lvl 3 familiar ability completely?

Looks like Final Fantasy tactics.

>Ssalarn has Tzcoatl

fuck

hey /pfg/, I need a little help

I am joining a party that will be 4 people when I join. Current party makeup is a Tiefling Kineticist looking to become a crime boss, Drow Cleric of Lamashtu and a Human Sorcerer.

I have access to any class (except gunslinger, unless I wanna be a local which I don't, or a gnome. And fuck gnomes) or race (within reason). I'm thinking about going something TN or CN to not conflict with the party's lawlessness (though they will have a soft spot).

My question, which will hopefully inspire my creativity: What race/class combo do I go?

I'm thinking I wanna play some sorta inventor/wannabe inventor who has run into cash troubles, but I have literally nothing else to work with besides that. Make a suggestion?

wrong gif, lets try again

Yeah he got it AWHILE ago and it's not been heard from since IIRC.

From the ones I've played, I'd say Curse of the Crimson Throne, from a story perspective.

The whole thing feels like it was written for a specific kind of character (a chaotic good Rogue/Ranger) and the one-on-one nature would probably enhance a lot of the NPC relationships.

I have no line.

I just ignore anything I don't like and play the game how I like.

When Paizo nerfs the classes from Pathfinder Unchained.

That was the last Paizo hardcover I bought. I'm not getting Ultimate Intrigue or Occult Adventures. The last paperback was the Weapon Master's Handbook.

I haven't bought the Golarion setting books.

I've bought a couple of books from DSP.

If Paizo keeps ignoring input about their products, like deleting negative comments on their board, I might move over to 5E.

Alchemists are fun.

>I might move over to 5E.
good. one less faggot crapping up the generals.

>thinking they haven't already done that
Errata m'friendo

Well no, flat-footed is literally just "you haven't gone in combat yet". If you've acted in combat, you're not flat-footed. As another example, a Rogue with Uncanny Dodge can never be caught flat-footed, but if you were to sneak up and attack him he wouldn't have been aware of the incoming attack.

The lovely part about TTRPGs is that company's can't truly ruin a game because every DM houserules to an extent.

If Paizo makes shit content, everyone just ignores it.

Hello /pfg/.

Is there a wondrous item which allows communication over long distances, something like a talky-walky?

Most people who play pathinder at this point play it because they really want to. There's no denying the absolutely atrocious balance and horrendous bloat. There really isnt much left that they could do to drive off anyone whos still playing at this point

>My bad, I interpreted that incorrectly.

>However, if you are granting the filthy feelers prep time, you should count on the opposing party having it as well. I do not see anything in this thing's arsenal that counterbalances a prepared party's strengths.

No worries bro
Well, the thing is meant to Int 24 or 25 and surrounded by a veritable army, so good luck to an opposing force getting through all that

>wanting the FBI in your house

Going to start a gestalt Council of Thieves game in a party of two. Rules are 20 point buy, no occult classes, and no third party.

>If

Whilst some of the low level stuff for PoW scales well, it's pretty clear that the higher level manoeuvres are better. However the swapping out option only occurs every four levels.

Is it possible to use the retraining rules to 'retrain a class feature' and thus ensure your manoeuvres and stances are all high level?

There will come a day when we lose the PFSRD, when DSP is no more and the Archives of Nethys are purged. When the Trove is shut down by international agreement, and only Paizo's books remain, with all lore polluted and detestable, all rules erratad into meaninglessness. When even the Fullcasters are accidentally nerfed to Tier 6, meeting the Doom of the Truenamer. When Veeky Forums is dead and no source of free PDF's remains. When I sit alone at a desk, bereft of time for fear of surrendering a minimum-wage job.

But this is not that day.

This. If I ever run a game I'd get rid of the equipment errata for a start. The problems with it could have been fixed by price changes alone.

Make one you sissy, it's low-tech as shit.

Good for you, bring us tales of high-powered shenanigans!

Any good WMH stuff for either fighting with a sansetsukon or a double weapon?

Working on a potential AugBlade and wanted to try using something unusual. They get Weapon Training and count as a Fighter from 6th and 7th respectively, so I figure I can take a look at WMH stuff for anything decent.

Most of the Cleric prestige classes from Forgotten Realms could be rewritten as some kind of Battle Templar.

As a DM I'd allow it.

>Implying I can decipher the related hieroglyphs

Sorry buddy, some of us have had no technical education.

I intended to just make up such a wondrous item, but I wanted to make sure it didn't already exist.

Swapping occurs every 2 levels, starting at 4.

What's a Battle Templar?

Swapping is every even level from 4 on (which is the first even level with 2nd level maneuvers)

It's also been corrected to even Initiator levels, not just class levels, so prestiging doesn't cost you swaps.

There is, I just can't think of what it's called right now.

Initiating divine caster PrC.

>d20pfsrd.com/path-of-war/prestige-classes/battle-templar

I'm looking forward to playing a complete 100% healslut.

All cure spells, all the time. Nothing else.

It will be delightful.

To what end.

Essentially, they're a half initiator, half divine caster.

They heal when they initiate, and they can spend spells to get back maneuvers, aoe buffs, etc.

That's 100% heal, now tell us how do you intend to go about the slut part?

So how good is a mythic tier in general, compared to a class level?

Better, worse, about the same?

In the name of god and all thats holy, how can the pathfinder comic be so awful. D&D's Fell Five was so much better.

If you can use third party, Spheres is good for that. You can sink all of your talents into healing with zero capability outside of it if it so takes your fancy.

Doing so also makes you a 100% motherfucker of a healer too.

I like how they portray rogue whateverhernameis's throwing knives as doing fucking anything.

And what kind of magic sfx is 'vok'

Because they have no budget probably so they can't hire talent.

Once 5e gets its shit together and some more content out I'll phase over. Most of my group wants to aswell so it's only a question of time.

Anybody want to help me with a kineticist? I have most the build down but I'm tempted to change the race to fit flavor and the archetype because it might be better than vanilla.

gnoll beastmorph alchemist and sex the cleric of furry

Good luck with that one. Publishing as much content as a dead edition is their plan. 5e basically just exists to preserve a vague sense that D&D still exists, it's a soulless shell.

I'm not even clear on what they DO other than qualifying you for new versions of feats that do what they should have to begin with.

Mythic tiers also get you new Path abilities, and new basic Mythic abilities.

They actually are doing stuff, last I saw they were working on getting all the 3.5 classes (e.g. ToB) and races that people like over but it seems like they're doing that slowly to keep it in flavor with the world and have premade adventures that fit them releasing at the same time. They seem to have just wrapped up the underdark for now but it could all just be a clever ploy to get our hopes up. Pathfinder (with 3PP and removing the errata) is still better.

Sounds kind of boring.

According to her profile, at level 12, you're looking at 1d4+3. 50% chance that would do 1 point of damage over a young adult black dragon's DR.

It doesn't look like a crit, but I'm a generous guy and say 2d4+3. So on average, 3 damage.

Maybe it's a sneak attack, but it didn't look like a flanking. I'm not that generous.

You can't flank with ranged attacks. Normally anyway. There might be feats, but she sure as fuck doesn't have them.

In the comic she hurt everything, from skeletons to major demons with those throwing knives.