Warhammer 40k General

Customer support edtion.

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-40k-Astra-Militarum-Imperial-Guard-Painted-Cadian-Army-/291750445442?hash=item43edae8182:g:qfoAAOSwZtJW9VKd
1d4chan.org/wiki/Games_Workshop
youtubemultiplier.com/55da34c42f2df-40kwarambiencesounds.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are there any bits to distinguish stern guard, vanguard, or honor guard from regular ol tac marines?

ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-40k-Astra-Militarum-Imperial-Guard-Painted-Cadian-Army-/291750445442?hash=item43edae8182:g:qfoAAOSwZtJW9VKd

Starting today I will be emailing GW customer support a section of 1d4chans page on the company.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Games_Workshop

As such it will start off with praise and slowly evolve into paragraph rants about prices, loyalty and morality.

This is probably a meaningless display of rage but maybe it will accomplish something.

I encourage you all to join me and I promise to post any replies I receive to you.

am i suppose to be sad that its over priced or that i cant afford it i cant really tell.

Just got back from a Doubles tournament - managed to come 3rd with my Imperial Guard allied with my mate's Elysians. Had a lot of fun, the standout moment for me had to be this:

>Facing Space Marines and Eldar
>First turn, Librarius Conclave with Tiggy casts Shifting Worldscape on a building with a load of Dire Avengers and D-scythe Wraithguard
>Manages to Perils and forget Shifting Worldscape, but the building ends up in front of my tanks
>D-Scythes eviscerate a Chimera and a Leman Russ

>Our turn
>Wyverns open fire on the Wraithguard
>Hit the Dire Avengers too
>24 wounds on the Wraithguard, 36 on the Dire Avengers
>Both squads removed, along with a Warlock who was attached to the Wraithguard
>"If you look closely you can actually pinpoint the exact moment his heart breaks in two.”

Any tournament stories from this weekend/whenever?

Is there anyone else who doesn't actually play the game?

>No shops/FLGS in my town that sells/plays 40k.
>Friends aren't interested/interested but not willing to actually spend money on it and/or paint.
>Still order and paint stuff anyways.
>Posts lists on here to see if they're good or not anyways, even though I'll never actually get to play them.

Such is life.

Why don't the Dark Eldar have a Jump Infantry HQ?

Are there any modern tanks or armoured vehicles that actually USE sponsoon mounted weaponry?

you asked this last thread and got lots of answers.

Already answered in the last thread m8 :-)

No.

In WWI they did, however.

I'm having a really hard time reacclimating after being couped up for so long without any social contact.

I want to get back into the hobby (I've played before and live a block away from a GW store) but that means I gotta spend money, and I want to make sure that I get the right stuff, which means thinking in advance and buying the right models.

thats why i keep dicking around with lists.

well at least they are painted nicely

Last thread died. So if I have profit of the waaagh special rule a la ghazy, and if I utilize the formations in the supplement that lets me waaagh every turn, does profit of the waaagh take effect each time I call it?

Is there any counter indication on the subject ?

Would it be feasible to paint up a Knight in such a way that I could use it as both a loyalist and renegade? Maybe swap out masks or banners to help differentiate them.

Don't know. There's not much saying that you can't. The book says you can waaagh Everytime even the first turn if you make a great waagh band. (Yes I know the point cost is high). I don't remember if the ork book says "once per game" not at home yet

didn't there use to be an imperial guard unit called the "Medusa"?

If you don't remember ,go check it out ,and if it's not mentioned you can go for it
t. Someone who never played the ttg

nm, i found it.

This paint job is a loyalist house but damn if it doesn't look just like HH sons of horus.

Its from the Freeblade Gerantius.

>have a great flgs
>easy as fuck to get a game
>don't want to play a game until my army is fully painted/based
>barely paint and have no idea how to do my bases
>keep buying more models delaying basing/painting
such is life

Oh shit, thanks senpai.

>Paint a few models in a scheme
>No I hate this
>Do some more in another
>No I hate this
>Decide to try the Storm Wardens scheme
>Holy fuck I love this

I think I might actually get my army painted if I can figure out how to do metallic blues.

>play games almost weekly
>unpainted or poorly painted models
>terrible at painting, don't want to paint

Playing with w/ a grey tide isn't that bad, user. It just sucks if you don't paint because then you can't enter any premier events.

>Leadbelcher coat
>Nuln oil wash
>runefang steel highlight
>Blue glaze until desired darkness

easier to see on this

Oh, thanks.

Guess I'll be basecoating the entire model with leadbelcher.

It's about 7-8 glazes to get that dark and you have to let each layer dry before the next or it fucks up.

None today, primarily because shitposting aside, sponsons are near useless in modern AFV doctrine. AFV's have gone from being linebreakers used to maximize conventional infantry assaults as mobile firepoints (like they were in WWI, when sponsons were useful) to pseudo-cavalry that operate in squadrons supported by either aircraft or armored infantry.

That said, the Leman Russ is often called upon to act in a linebreaker strongpoint role in the 40K universe, so sponsons can sometimes be a legitimate tool in their arsenal.

Neat. That is a really sweet color scheme as well.

>ebay.co.uk/itm/Warhammer-40k-Astra-Militarum-Imperial-Guard-Painted-Cadian-Army-/291750445442?hash=item43edae8182:g:qfoAAOSwZtJW9VKd
What about this?

Make it Alpha Legion

Ffs man, at least prime the things so i don't have to stare at greys

prospective tau player here (dont own any 40k stuff yet but looking into it pretty seriously now)

what is Veeky Forumss opinions on painting an army based on established lore/official paint schemes? i dont really have the imagination to make my own scheme and i quite like the look of the farsight enclave colour scheme (red with black) i suppose it is comparable to painting a space marine Ultramarine army or Cadian IG army.

I Know lots of people like the idea of having a much more personalised army but i feel like having an army i like the look of is a bit more important.

also there are lots of guides on how to paint these schemes and i wouldnt know what colours to use or how to layer otherwise.

900 for 3 dudes and a tank? You can get 4 knights and terrain for that price and still have money left over for paint

Just paint it well.
bitch

If you want your army to look similar to an established paint scheme, that's your call. If it looks good, people won't really complain, unless you're playing ultramarines

GW white sucks and I want to paint my Tau white (not quite like the Vior'la scheme with the red details). White is also extremely difficult to get right.

Some people go for the "My dudes" feel and come up with a history for the army and eerything, some just paint to match existing schemes, none are especially frowned upon or celebrated.

There are painting tutorials everywhere, try Youtube.

it's a 1500 point army painted like a king do you not read the description?

So don't use GW White, silly.

so what brand white do I use then?!

I know this pain.

Wouldn't know, I prime in black.

Maybe I should just paint a less difficult scheme. For a Fire Warrior for example, I gotta base in white, do the trousers in black, do something to get black in all the cracks and seams of the armor so that the armor is black and white.

Combined Arms Detachment:

HQ:
>Command Squad (4x Melta, Astropath, Vox Caster) - 130

Troops:
>Veterans (2x Melta, Vox Caster) - 85
[Chimera (Autocannon)] - 70

>Veterans (2x Melta, Vox Caster) - 85

Fast Attack:
>Hellhound - 125

>Vendetta - 170

Heavy Support:
>Leman Russ Exterminator (Multimelta Sponsons, Lascannon) - 160

>Leman Russ Exterminator (Multimelta Sponsons, Lascannon) - 160

Fortification:
>Aegis Defence Line (Quad Gun) - 100

Total: 1155

+++Emperor's Wrath Artillery Platoon+++

>Command Squad (Volkov's Cane) - 60

>2x Wyvern - 130

>Basilisk - 125

>Manticore - 170

>Techpriest Enginseer - 40

Total: 595

Grand Total: 1750pts

Thoughts?

do people explicitly dislike Ultramarine painted armies? i can understand if it every new space marine player does it so it reeks of unoriginality or is there a different reason?

friends brother has an Ultramarine army but admittedly it is painted terribly, and strikingly so.

Ultrasmurfs are propably the most common starter army and one of the most common armies in general, everyone and their brother has one so it gets a bit dull when the Blue Boys are everywhere.

I simply just don't like Ultramarines. Not sure about anyone else though.

I will admit that their color scheme isn't bad, but it won't make me like them.

Knights of Dorn, however, now that's a color scheme I can get behind, both the new one (pic related), and their old Ice Cream Marine one.

i saw someone paint tau firewarriors on youtube and they just did a nuln oil wash to get all the nooks and crannies and crevices nice and dark rather than painting it on, especially if youre talking about like the tiny gaps on the armor plates and everything.

I am talking about that. I did a nuln oil wash and it turned out miserable. The whole dude is about the same color as the unpainted plastic now and I haven't gotten around to buying Simple Green to rid of it and start over. I did paint them on for my first 12 fire warriors and they look okay from a distance.

You're just supposed to apply the wash directly to the desired areas, cleaning up with another layer of white. Don't just slather it all over everything like most washings.

Just put a little on the brush and trace it into the lines, and along the edges where plates overlap. Like you might do with a black pen.

Hmm, I didn't know that. Thanks...

youtubemultiplier.com/55da34c42f2df-40kwarambiencesounds.php

Cadian-lullaby-holotape

What about schemes like Storm Wardens? Does the silver do enough to set off the "ugh, blue" mentality?

Storm Wardens are awesome because they are Space Scotland.

Word, was planning on painting them.

Any suggestions on how to represent Tempest Blades?

'Fraid not, sorry.

What chapter tactics are you going to use for them anyways?

1500 always feels like such an odd number when making a list. It never really feels quite right, like its too many points or too little, its too big to be a proper special ops force but too small to be a full sized excursion.

what do you prefer?

I don't think 4 meltas in the command squad works if they don't have a metal box to get to the enemy. I like to use them with a lascannon and a master of ordnance, or some plasmas, for the longer range. They are too squishy to send into the fray, otherwise.

other than that, the list sounds solid, I'd play it if I had the artillery models.

If an independent character has a retinue can he still join a unit?

If my tech marine has servitors can he still join a squad of tac marines?

Works if the one command squad is in the vendetta

Yes, as far as I know

I agree, when I started playing 7th I started with 1500, my friends and i got pretty sick pretty soon when we couldn't build the cool army combinations we wanted with the limit, so we upped to 2000 pretty soon after.

1500 is perfect though

Are you me? I even keep converting models (albeit simple ones because i cant get greenstuff except by mail) and then hate myself for not basing them

I'm not sure, actually. Hadn't thought about that... I do quite like how useful Imperial Fists tactics are against my meta but I don't think they work well with the Wardens.

Hey Veeky Forums, there's something that bothers me about the people at my shop. You see there are three types of people, we dont have any outrageous WAAC fags or anything.
The first type are not that interested much in games just painting and modelling. They sell finished projects to fund new ones, fair enough.

The second type pick one army and build on it and never change it (usually because we're poorfags). Our armies are painted and we really cherish and develop them.

The last type is what's bothering me. These guys obsessively buy and collect new models, every other week they have a new army. They spend staggering amounts of money on buying new armies but they never paint them or play games with them. I've seen guys drop money on a new army, 2 raiders, 2 venoms, 20 wytches, 20 warriors, scourges and so on. They spend a week building it, they buy the codex and we have one game only for them to buy a new army next week and the Deldar never to be seen again.

This weekend I brought this up and asked what they do with their armies. one of the wealthier of the group, one with a reputation for large purchases, showed me a picture on his phone.
It was a walk-in closet with what must be at least 1000 models or more in it, orks, imperial knights, marines, eldar, tau, tomb kings, brets, stormcast you name it he had it and all of it was grey plastic.
Just a sea of grey, so much bare plastic.
What must be several thousand pounds worth of mintures stuffed in a closet never to see a lick of paint or the light of day

How can people enjoy that Veeky Forums?!

Yes, a retinue is a unit and the IC can leave the unit to join another. In this case, the servitors will be hit with mindlock though

I dunno. Addicted to making large purchases? Or they enjoy admiring their seas of armies, I know I would if I had piles of greys, I'd be astounded by the sheer size.

I know this feeling, my friend.

In my country it is even worse, cause we ain't got no Geedubs or FLGS. Ebay and second hand purchases are all we have.

And, even then, I know a good bunch of people with multiple armies, rare models and great stuff that never sees the light of day.

So quick lore question. Would tech marines be part of the DA Inner Circle or are they just too much of an outsider? Because I have this hilarious mental image of the Inner Circle having to get one every time they torture machines break down and the poor guy's just terribly confused "What's with all these prison cells we've got here? And what's that screaming in the distance?"

I mean I'm a bad painter so I don't mind my grey models but I TRY to paint them before buying new ones.

I dont know, but its clearly a subset of people in this hobby as I have seen that as well. Just people that buy an army in one go and never paint it, sometimes even selling the grey minis because they need money or wont ever paint them or just lost interest in 40k. I have no idea why they buy in such large ammounts.

>Fought Necrons player for the first time yesterday
>1500 point, using KDK
>Shocking amount of my army actually survives long enough to get in melee
>Concede bottom of turn 3 after losing every single assault and only killing a grand total of two models
Reanimation Protocols is such horseshit.

I'm the second type. As for the plastic crack addicts, I think they just see something they like and must immediately have it like a child.

Why do lootas suck so much now.
>turn 1, lootas in cover
>always get focused on to death
>lose half squad before they do anything.
I'm seriously considering switching 10 lootas for a Looted wagon in my mech ork list, sound like a good idea?
Mostly got battlewagons trukks and buggies right now

Trying to shoot them was your first mistake
Bayonets or go home
Nercons aren't hard if you have melee elements to your force

>WAAC fags
What's a WAAC?

(Sorry, I'm still kinda new)

>not instant death smacking necrons
>complaining about RP on an online Burmese Waxwork Catalogue

Mirin that reading comprehension m8

Win At All Costs.

Basically faggots who make extremely cheesy lists.

win at all costs

Instant death smacking a Necron decurion with a cryptek is still a 4+ RP, m8.

Losing to necrons in melee? How?
They're, like, one of the few races that take fear tests and can be swept.

10 Leadership's odds of passing a fear test are still very good.

Just spam them with bloodletters.

>Last game against crons, 1500pts
>opponent had formations for 4+ RP, rerolling 1s near lord
>Bring Manticore, Vanilla Russ, Executioner, Punisher Pask, shield-bullgryns with a priest and biomancy psyker
>he brings warrior mobs, Monolith, an AV13 walker, T5 jump units and jet bikes
>Manticore gets to fire all 4 missiles, Battle tank hits with 4/5 pie-plates
>still lose cos he rolled high for all his RPs

oh, so that's how to put glazes to work. nice user

Fear?
You're counting on fear in melee?
Line up to be executed guardsmen, I rely on my power axes, commisars and meat shields to win melee.
You're an embarrassment.

Is give you advice but I don't know shit about daemon kin, I just play regular daemons.

I once managed to stack a -4 leadership penalty for fear tests on them and slapped their lord with the D.

I've been building up my regular demon list slowly and that's about the same conclusion I reached for how to play Necrons with what I own. Reduce their leadership, dominate the psychic phase, psychic scream, beef up the Dthirster with True Names/Cursed Earth/Precognition/et. al.

Really hoping the Tzeentch daemonkin rumors amount to something. I'd like to pick up a Lord of Change but the current model is such shit that shelling out for the Forge World model actually seems appealing.

Necrons are the highest tier race in the fluff so I guess that's fitting.

How cool does a Ork Waaagh that imitates the Dark Angels sound?

>Their Nobs are called the Deffwing, and wear bone-white 'eavy armor and Mega Armor.
>They have a large cadre of Warbikers, Wartrakks and Deffkoptas

*Forewarning. Not Precognition.

Used to be able to do this with the old Codex

what do you mean highest tier?