Leaf Ninja Quest #84

>This is a quest taking place in an alternate version of the Naruto world during the same time period as the story, with a few notable differences. You will be playing as Kon Karagowa, a young Leaf Jonin. Your character is defined by your choices, so write-ins are always encouraged. And remember to have fun!

>Quest Info:pastebin.com/ng7eKbdZ

>Previous threads:suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Leaf Ninja Quest

>Gaidens: pastebin.com/dyank8nq

hype and fanart

Let the wafer wars commence

Oh my~

Glorious.

More of it "Art"

I never expected anything like this out of you. Well played... Well played...

>off screen: their knives are drawn, but they're not pointed at each other

Okay, that is the best thing. Pack it in, everyone, we're not going to do any better than this.

I love them

I love you

Good god. And double dubs to boot.

You and your teammates arrive back at camp to a huge celebration, as you expected. The medical tents are full of ninja hard at work patching people up, but the rest of the army is celebrating while they can. The time for grief will come, but as it stands everyone is far too excited at victory.

A group of ninja notice your arrival, and several of them swarm you and your teammates. Before you know it, the three of you are being tossed in the air, everyone cheering your names. Most of these ninja are from different villages, and you haven't so much as shared a conversation with them, but here they are singing your praises. You don't know how exactly it spread around, but it seems everyone is aware of just who managed to avoid the genjutsu and fought to release it. As you and your teammates are the only ones here, the credit seems to have fallen mostly to you.

You eventually get them to put you all down, and you merely have to deal with a crowd of ninja trying to get close to you to shake your hand, or give you a slap on the back, or even just offer their thanks. You've been swarmed so hard, you couldn't even move if you tried. So you decide to just go with the flow for a while.

"Dude, you totally saved me and my buddies from one of those doppelgangers!" one ninja tells Kiba as he shakes his hand. "And we're not the only ones!"

Kiba basks in the praise, and you can hear Akamaru let out a sarcastic growl.

"Sasuke, remember me?" another ninja asks as he pushes through to the front. "You used your Susanoo and blocked that gravity attack! You saved my life!"

Sasuke looks pretty embarrassed. It strikes you as odd, since he was getting praise back at the academy all the time. It must just be from being thanked personally.

"Kon, right? That attack of yours was crazy!" a guy you recognize says. One of the sealers from before. "A spear even stronger than that of the Third Raikage! And it went straight through that meteor, too! Oh, I'll never forget it!"

>Continued

For what feels like forever, the three of you are constantly bombarded by thanks and praise. After a while, Sasuke seems to have had enough, and makes a way to leave.

"I'm going to go see if my brother is alright." he tells you. "And things should hopefully be calmer around the injured Hokage..."

"I've got nothing better to do, so I'm sticking around." Kiba smirks. "I can go ahead and handle all the fans myself if you have somewhere else you want to be."

>A.Stay here, you're enjoying yourself

>B.Go with Sasuke

>C.Go look for someone (Write-in)

>D.Go find an empty bed and take a nap

>E.Other

>>D.Go find an empty bed and take a nap
Sleeeeeeep.

>A.Stay here, you're enjoying yourself

We're like the Leaf's top/only diplomat these days, it would be rude to not talk to these people.

>B.Go with Sasuke
We're Itachi's friend, we've got to look out for him. And Neji should be there, too, so we can catch up with him. I want to know how he figured out Flying Water God so fast. We had a last-minute power up from the First Hokage letting us learn Flying Water God that easily, how'd he do it? Is Neji just that much of a badass? Yes, yes he is, but I still want to hear his story.

>>B.Go with Sasuke
Lets go see how he's doin we are meant to be a bodyguard after all, but more importantly we are his friend. I'm sure Kiba can keep things going briefly while we do this before returning to do whatever.

>>B.Go with Sasuke

>E. Get drunk. Unbelievably, indisputably, disgustingly drunk.

Beotiful

>>E.Other
Get a drink

I really really REALLY wanna be able to get Kon drunk after all these years. Voting for this, LETS MAKE SOME MISTAKES!

>E.Other

Get fucking shitfaced

We deserve it

To young user...also we need to be in right mind for the new war on the horizon

>And that is how Kon got drunk and made Impact release a dime a dozen sight.

Please leave. How could anyone not say we deserve a drink at this point? EVERYONE has drank before they were of age in their lives, don't be a prude.

maybe after we check in with Itachi fella's, lets get the responsible bit out the way. Also like said, we got bigger fish to fry.

Besides out first drink should either be with Enma on Monkey mountain, Japanese Monkeys fucking love booze so have the good stuff, we are a man of fine tastes in both food and drink, keep up the standard.

>B
For now fellas

>E.Other
Wars over bois

Time to get drunk like a dumb bitch

Kon is a shinobi. He is of age in this setting.

If I left there'd be no more art :')

If we are legal i'll support it otherwise nah, maybe if Sensei or someone gave us the drink but meh

>it's funny because atm i'm still drunk form my night last night

The ninja villages were explicitly founded with the goal of letting ninjas our age get drunk. Look it up, Hashirama's flashback actually has him say that to Madara, though not those exact words. Drinking has been encouraged from the very start of our culture.

Casual Kon wearing beanie with fire symbol sewn into it when?

...we are 17 and drinking age is 18...he wanted kids to live long enough to reach that age. Not drink underage

That shits canon isnt it?

I hope it is

Could have sworn it was 17, here.

>Lets get one of the world's most powerful shinobi (who has a extremely powerful unique ability) drunk.

We just fought in a war and lived m9

Lets live a little okay?

In Freedomland it is 21.

You decide to follow Sasuke. You do want to know how Itachi is doing, as well.

You let Kiba hold down the fort, then go with Sasuke to the Kage tent. The two of you are let inside without much issue, and find a lot more people than you expected.

The tent is quite spacious, and in it you find Jiraiya, Orochimaru, Tenten, Hinata, Hiashi, all the Kage and several of their aides.

Hiashi and his daughter are sitting calmly to the side, as Hinata and Tenten chat.

Itachi seems to still be recovering, but is forcing himself to stay upright. You can see Neji to his side eyeing him with disapproval.

Jiraiya, Orochimaru, the Raikage, Mizukage, and Tsuchikage are all drinking in celebration of the war's end. The Kazekage, due to his current lack of arms, is getting assistance from Kankuro to join them. All the aides are firmly abstaining, save for Akatsuchi, much to Kurotsuchi's annoyance.

"What the hell is this, Orochimaru?" Jiraiya asks. "You could never handle your liquor before."

"That was my body without enhancements, Jiraiya." Orochimaru chuckles. "I've made some improvements since then. Tsunade would still drink us both under the table were she here, however."

Sasuke makes his way over to Itachi.

>A.Go see Itachi and Neji

>B.Go see someone at the table (Specify)

>C.Go see Tenten/Hinata/Hiashi

>D.Other

To be fair, I don't think we have the chakra needed to actually do anything. We just killed two gods in rapid succession, we're probably too tired to do anything more than talk for the next couple of weeks.

>D. Steal some of their liquor, down as much as possible before they take it away.

>>A.Go see Itachi and Neji

>>B.Go see someone at the table (Specify)
Drink with grandpa in law

Also should mention that canon legal drinking age is 20, just like in nipland

Source: Kushina says it to baby Naruto when dying

Where is Tsunade, by the way? Helping Sakura swap Kakashi's eyes back around?

Lets do what we came here to do and then go hang with the other kage

>Pic of our Mask bro in 10 years or so, well a prototype pic anyways

ey b0ss

u ok?

Is Sauce and Bossman's mom still alive?

Holy shit man. Yes.

You can relax with everyone else once you do what you've come here to do. You follow Sasuke and come up to Neji and the Hokage.

"How are you feeling?" Sasuke asks his brother. "I wasn't too surprised when I heard you worked yourself near to death, you know. You better be taking it easy."

"I'll be fine, Sasuke." the Sixth insists. "From what I'm told, once I heal, my condition should be much better. These cells apparently mitigate it. I'm still aching right now, but soon enough, I should be healthier than ever. I figured that was worth dragging myself out of bed to celebrate with everyone else. Just look at Rasa. He doesn't even have arms, and he's downing sake like no tomorrow."

Itachi even laughs a bit.

"I don't like it, but after what he's lived through, I don't think this is all that much of a danger." Neji adds. "But you can be sure I'm going to force you to get some bed rest once we head home, Lord Itachi. You just leave the paperwork to me."

"That's good to hear." Sasuke smiles a bit. "I'm looking forward to seeing you take a break without any danger looming on the horizon."

>A.Talk to someone here (Write-in)

>B.Go see someone at the table (Specify)

>D.Leave the tent and go somewhere else

>E.Other

She is

>>C.Go see Tenten/Hinata/Hiashi
Time to check on waifu

>>C.Go see Tenten
Oh boy.

"So what's the deal about Orochimaru? What's gonna happen with him?"

Then see Tenten.

>A. Speaking of getting drunk, if I were to, hypothetically, get more bricked than an Iwa shit house...
Ask permission.

>>E.Other
Lounge on a comfy seat and let people come to us, let them take the initiative. If one of the girls come up ask if they had a nice dream and wink at them.

Maybe a kage will come chat with us or someone else?

>>C.Go see Tenten/Hinata/Hiashi

>A.Talk to someone here (Write-in)
"Yeah, we're all looking forward to that. We'll have a bit of a hassle getting everything built back up and sorting out the issue with the Tailed Beasts, but once that's done I think we should all just take a vacation for the next year or so."

You decide to move on and make your way over to Tenten. She's sitting with Hinata, chatting with her. Though it's mostly one sided on Tenten's part, as Hinata is mainly just nodding with the occasional curt response. Hiashi is also sitting nearby, relaxing.

"Hey Kon!" Tenten greets you as you approach. "I can't believe you guys really did it! I don't know what exactly happened after Guy beat Madara, but I know we only got through it thanks to you guys. You really are amazing. But I knew that already. I should never have doubted you at all, huh?"

Tenten's sporting a smile a mile wide.

>A.Ask how she's doing

>B.Ask what they were talking about

>C.Say something else (Write-in)

>D.Talk to Hinata or Hiashi (Write-in)

>E.Go talk to someone else (Specify)

>F.Other

Be fake humble
>A.Ask how she's doing

>C. Yeah. So, how you all holding up? I never went into that crazy ass genjutsu, so I'm kinda curious.

>>A.Ask how she's doing
Might as well ask them how they are as well.

>>A.Talk to someone here
Good too see your dong better My Lord, please do try to take it easy your wife will give me and Neji hell if you wear out to much.

talk to these folk briefly before taking a seat among the kage, gotta represent the Leaf and since no one else is there we can talk to the other kage.

>>A.Ask how she's doing
So what did you see in your perfect world?

see and We kinda got left out, in a sense.

"Thanks. And yeah, it was wild. I'm not entirely clear on what was going on, because it was really weird, but I think we fought God. And Sasuke and Naruto turned out to be her grandchildren, or something crazy like that."

"Oh, speaking of: Hinata, Naruto and I did this weird soul-bond thing with ninshu, so if you ever do want to contact him, I can do that for you. Not sure if that's something you want anymore, just thought you should have the option."

No, Jiraiya's there to represent the Leaf. Orochimaru too, technically.

Hey, Laze? How long did the First's "gift" to us last?

I believe it's worn off now, though we do have some lingering permanent increases to chakra control and jutsu comprehension.

Tenten seems to be doing just as well as ever, but you figure you'll ask anyway. In fact, you might be able to get some interesting info.

"So how are you doing?" you ask. "I'm kind of wondering what the genjutsu was like. What did you see in there?"

"What did I see?" Tenten stops to focus her memory. "Let's see... in my dream, I had this huge armory of legendary weapons from everywhere in the world. And I was the most famous kunoichi of all time, everybody knew about me."

Tenten thinks a but harder, then turns her head away for you. Her face looks a bit red.

"T-that's about all I can remember." she stutters. She takes a deep breath, then turns back to face you. "It was nice, but I'm glad to be back in the real world. I mean, all of the things I saw are still possible if I work hard enough, right?"

Tenten turns to Hinata and takes her hands.

"And Hinata is even back, too!" she says, as Hinata turns red. "Her dad and the Hokage came to an agreement, and she can come home!"

"I'm still not sure it's okay to just come back..." Hinata says. "But I want to make up for my mistake."

"It was my mistake, Hinata." Hiashi interrupts. "The blame falls squarely on me. I'm just glad it wasn't too late. Your little sister would be heartbroken if she never got to see you again."

>A.Grill Tenten further

>B.Say something to Hinata (Write-in)

>D.Go see someone else (Specify)

>E.Other

>>A.Ask how she's doing
Ask about her dream lol

>>B.Say something to Hinata (Write-in)
"Well, glad to have you back."
We'll ask her about her dream later.

"How is this going to affect Hanabi and Neji's plans? Are they still going to have to go through with the marriage to satisfy the elders?"

>>A.Grill Tenten further

>>A.Grill Tenten further
Aw Yiss best waifu

>B.Say something to Hinata (Write-in)
"If it worked out for Naruto in the end, I'm sure it'll work out for you too. I for one don't plan to hold a grudge."
"If you need any help making your dreams come true, just say the word... I'm pretty sure I know where some of those legendary weapons are now, or else I know who would."

Supporting . I like how that sounds.

Supporting these two.

This
gotta see how shits gonna land for best bro

You address Hinata first.

"Well, it's good to have you back." you tell her. "We worked everything out with Naruto, so I'm sure it will work out for you too. I for one won't be holding a grudge."

"That's right, Hinata!" Tenten adds. "I feel kind of responsible, since I was your teammate, but I didn't do anything. I'll be sure to have your back from now on."

You turn to Tenten and smirk.

"So are you sure that was everything you dreamed about?" you ask slyly. "Was I there? I'm really curious."

"W-well yeah, of course you were." Tenten stammers, her face red again. "I mean, my perfect world wouldn't have you just not be there, I'm not that mean."

Tenten looks away again. You think she'll probably try to dodge the subject if you press any further.

Lastly, you turn to Hiashi.

"So how is this going to effect the plan with Hanabi and Neji?" you ask. "Do they still have to go through with the marriage to satisfy the elders?"

"Hinata's return shouldn't have any effect on that, it was just a... personal matter for us all, not for the family." Hiashi replies. "The goal of the union was to unite the main and branch families. With that, we should be able to fully abolish the branch family system. I think in the end, it will be for the best. Neither Hanabi or Neji are too opposed to it, and I know they can both do much good for our clan."

Hiashi had to force himself to say those last few lines, but you can tell he's being sincere.

>A.Say something more to someone here (Write-in)

>B.Head to someone at the table (Specify)

>C.Leave and go somewhere else

>D.Other

>>B.Head to someone at the table (Specify)
Lets go see the two Sanin whom are here and the kage, I wanna see if we get any props without pushing it ourselves. Will also let us see Kurotsuchi next as a follow up.

>I just want to see the Raikage's face looking at us as now he knows we could curb stomp him, like we did his daddy.

>A.Say something more to someone here (Write-in)
"Well, I'm glad to hear it. You're right, Hanabi and Neji are good people, and I think they'll do right by the clan and your family. I wish you all the best."

>B.Head to someone at the table (Specify)
Let's talk to Jiraiya and Orochimaru, figure out just what the hell we're going to do about the snake being back. At the very best, we're going to wind up with some really uncomfortable conversations.

These... Kon gonna need some therapy with Enma.... So the snake kills my teacher the third Hokage so later me and my other teacher kill him, later still I let the snake be revived so he can heal the sixth Hokage

Seconding Kurotsuchi and possibly spooking the Raikage

You decide to move on, and leave Hiashi with one more comment.

"Yes, Hanabi and Neji are good people." you assure him. "I think they'll do right by the clan and your family. I wish you the best."

Hiashi thanks you, and you take your leave to go to the table.

You pull up next to the Fifth, still chatting away with Orochimaru.

"So you say I should be able to use Wood Release with this arm?" Jiraiya asks. "And you want to give these all out to anyone missing any of their own?"

"Well, seeing that many people having access to Wood Release does sound like fun." Orochimaru chuckles. "But I don't think it's that easy. It would probably require a lot of training. Not everyone could just do it. Really, if they train with their new arm that hard, then don't they deserve it?"

"Well, you won't see me bothering. I'm getting too old for that." Jiraiya sighs, before he turns and sees you. "There he is, one of our great heroes, eh? I bet you're feeling pretty damn good about yourself right now huh, Kon?"

>A.You are

>B.Ask what's up with Orochimaru now

>D.Move along to somebody else (Specify)

>E.Other

>>A.You are

>A.You are

>A.You are

>>A.You are
>>B.Ask what's up with Orochimaru now

"Mostly tired. I missed my chance at a nap, after all."

>>A.You are
Well ive certainly had worse days
>>B.Ask what's up with Orochimaru now
So whats happening here? Have nice dreams, ready to make'em reality?

>D.Move along to somebody else (The Kage whom are drinking)
hey everyone sleep well? Honestly though great to see we all made it (looks towards Rasa) more or less...they are gonna give you new arms right...right? you should have one puppet arm and one Zetsu one so you can wood heal the puppet arm when its damaged and stock stuff in it

Snek man is not gonna get away with his shit scott free right?

"Honestly, it hasn't all sunk in yet. So, what's this about grafting Zetsu cells onto everyone? Please don't commit any new atrocities, Orochimaru. I want to move forward in the name of cooperation and forgiveness, having to kill you for crimes against humanity would really hurt that."

>Let's give everyone a hand, eh Orochimaru?

>claps

Drawfriend, you're my fucking hero.