drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

lparchive.org/EVO-Search-for-Eden/
youtu.be/WiKbSM1FGUg
youtu.be/wyz_2DEah4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reposting from last thread.

How do you keep your secrets secret, /jc/?

Bury them in a hole in setting just as I leave them so the evidence is in an unreachable world that is frozen in time.

An idea for Malleable Reality Clairvoyance might be to expand on the third power, knowing objects details. That could let you know how to use things they've been used for before, or copying the skills of people who previously used them.

The ability to see the past is pretty powerful, and malleable reality just makes it crazy.

first you get perfect photographic memory then you pick up incomprehensible from young justice and then you keep your mouth shut

So /jc/, I've been wondering, do you prefer to make your own tech or mix-and-match existing stuff you've picked up from jumps? Ever made a mobile suit completely from scratch, or designed your own fusion reactor, or do you just prefer to take existing stuff from other jumps?

My little idea is that you become somewhat like The Basanos, from Lucifer.

The Basanos are basically a living tarot deck, able to see the future and manipulate probabilities (or at least use their ability to see probabilities to game them, so they're always positioned with the best chance of getting what they want). This is something I imagine a normal Clairvoyant getting, to a much lesser extent.

The Reality marble, though, I picture coming in as the other part of the Basanos' powers - they can focus potential futures through themselves to impact the present. So one man had a chance of having a car crash in twenty years, and the Basanos used their power to cause those injuries to appear on him in the present. They made a man who was going to have a heart attack at some point in the future have one immediately. Stuff like that. I can see a jumper getting a similar ability (but obviously much less powerful).

>title

Salty much?

Unhand her Dan Backslide!

Literally no indication whatsoever. Bolbox is not a time traveler. He doesn't exclusively exist at the end of the god damn timeline with out a past of any kind that lead up to his existence.

He shouldn't be immune to murder before he 'shows up' in the final age, which is a time and not a fucking place you have to look for and reach on your own initiative, which is a point in time more 200 million fucking years after the start of the competition anyway, so nice try denying me the long wait time.

If I want to move on with my fucking chain without waiting forever, I have to blow the goddamn planet up.

I'm not bitter about the competition, I'm bitter about how much of a sham said competition is rendered as, and how ridiculously contrived the reasoning is to justify how much of a sham it is.

It could have just been that the time scale of the competition is relatively short in real time, more closely related to the abstracted representation of the real thing demonstrated in the game, and that it would only liable take as long as it would to beat said game, and I'd be satisfied.

It could have been that it actually takes significant amounts of time before the competition is settled, but that said competition would only have so many participants and the winner's who ever's the last alive at the end, or whatever.

But instead, Bolbox is a time traveler who's unkillable until the end of the timeline because he's a time traveler, and he wins just because if you wait 'too long'. So, I have to wait as long as it takes for Bolbox to exist, then I have to kill him before he wins arbitrarily? That's shit.

Unhand her Dan Backslide.

Nope. I played the game, Bolbox is a time traveler.

Not that guy, but do you have proof?

Ditto for you.

Don't drink with Hermaeus Mora.

Well, you need to actually be fighting someone to be able to reap them that way. If they're in your apartment, trying to punch your head off, you could do that yeah. But you can't write a poem to kill someone in the other side of the planet.

...Shit, does anything in the Fiend option even present that as a requirement, instead of leading you to assume it works like your other abilities?

Undan her Back Handslide!

No companions.
No physical records.
Wipe my own memory.

Well I did not see anything that says that so if it is in there you might want to make it clearer, also the discussion you had with an user who was asking you about it implied that it is not primarily meant to be used in combat.

There's no indication he's a time traveler.

Assuming an entity is a time traveler where there's no indication of as much, when it'd make less sense than if the character was otherwise, makes no sense.

That there's no evidence to indicate Bolbox is a time traveler, is the basis for my understanding that he's not a fucking time traveler.

The initiative is on the claimant to provide evidence the motherfucker is a time traveler in the game.

Dora Standpipe is a SLUT !!
a SLUT !!
she is engaged to three dudes simultaneously, who does that?

That knowledge is useless when you can't put it into play. The other Espers will absolutely destroy you if you try to do anything. You straight up cannot beat them, and if you can't even beat other Espers how would you deal with Magic users or the bullshit going on now?

I make things from scratch whenever possible. It's how I prove to myself that I've got a bigger technology-dick than any of the locals. I can hardly brag about something that I just bought, can I? This is especially true when dealing with mobile suits and fusion reactors, to use your examples. I have a complex about those two types of tech.

Some Jumpers have been married to entire planets populations before.

Being engaged to three guys is much less impressive or morally dubious.

New thread, fuck your grudge, leave last thread's drama in last thread.

And before you say shite, it counts as drama because how all of you involved are acting.

>Shut up! I don't like your tone or this conversation topic, so stop it!
Not part of this, but fuck you.

>You straight up cannot beat them
You don't get to decide that. You're not an authority on anything.

Yes, but she's a woman.
>insert shitty attempt at a metaphor here.

Actually the fiend option almost directly says that you can use it with no range restriction at all.

>Through meditation, or close examination in order to be able to recognize a soul no matter how far, you may home in on specific ensouled beings and be aware of their physical and mental situation. Now, consider yourself. Do you enjoy painting? Or are you a rock star? Whatever ‘triviality’ enflames your passion may now be used as your scythe with which to harvest life. With each note of the flute, or perhaps word upon the page, your foes will find themselves ever closer to death.

There is no mention of needing to be near them and it even implies that you can do this from any distance. Having this be meant to be used in combat would be pretty dumb though, painting in the middle of a fight is pretty suicidal even if that painting would eventually kill your enemy.

Actually if this ability has the restrictions you are saying it should then this race is absolutely worthless when compared to the others. I had though it would be more along the lines of requiring more time and effort to kill greater targets but what you are saying makes it almost worthless compared to the other 1000cp races.

Got anything you're particularly proud of, user?

I totally don't ask because I'm strapped for ideas beyond 'huge ass megastructure'

lparchive.org/EVO-Search-for-Eden/

To be fair it's the Darkseid bullshit again: it's one dude claiming Bolbox is almighty time-traveling stronk (when really the only thing I'm seeing is that he went through time to GATHER the bosses you fought) whereas the other guy's bitching about having to fight him and not being allowed to use 50 million years free to win.

Even though the competition drawback means you have to fight him regardless as you've taken the regular EVO protagonist's place (or does it not?) and - 'lo and behold, that means you do have to leap forward through the different eras on defeating each boss who're fucking up everybody else's evolution.

Does anyone know any jumps where you can get/learn postcog besides raildex?

When in doubt, blame the crystals. At least you don't have to fight Marilyn Monroe.

I think it's just summer starting to ripen neckbeard tempers or something. I swear these bloody stupid arguments have only been happening with any frequency-as in, threads ending with them-since early in the past week.

That was only applicable in that particular context, due to the nature of what the theoretical Fiend tribrid was fighting.

I didn't intend for those lines to be taken together, but I suppose it's my fault for refusing to use multiple paragraphs.

...You know, I'm fairly certain I already backed down hard on other rulings before and I'm not updating this jump again unless I'm taken by a fey mood, so sure. You can use it at any distance.

You could probably get a pretty powerful postcog in Marvel with Precognition+Cosmic Fact

If you could bring items and things from the future that would be insane.

"Jumper, we only have a week to analyze this and make a cure-"
"Here you go."
"But, how did you-"
"Looked into the future to find the one that worked and pulled it back. Better make more of it because that one will vanish a week from now."

Except said competition is a fucking sham because I have to wait for the mother fucker to show up after 200 million years apparently before I can kill him to stop him from auto-winning. You don't move from one time to another, time moves on its fucking own, it makes no sense that I can take too long, when the time period where Bolbox shows up to be murdered hasn't arrived yet. I don't ave to physically travel to reach the time bolbox is at, he just appears at the end of the time line. I can't win before then by killing him either.

I've been building a lot of cyborg mecha these days. I'm trying to gear up for Evangelion so I can show up NERV and SEELE. Started with Henders Island life forms (from the novels Fragment and Pandemonium by Warren Fahey, acquired by having them be the wild card option in Generic Zombie Apocalypse. Henderite life is fucking terrifying, definitely apocaylpse-level). Then I acquired some Regenerator G-1 in the Godzilla the Series jump, fused them with the Hender Rat cells to make something similar to how Biollante or Space Godzilla were formed. So now I have this horrifying mix of giant radioactive dinosaur and hyper-evolved terrestrial mantis shrimp. Right now I'm working on iterative evolution of it through making multiple mutated copies and progressing with the best-functioning one of them. I'm hoping to get something more humanoid in appearance to implant the cybernetics into and awaken the psychic powers of. Also one that will be sane and compliant, I know how badly this idea can go so I'm testing them all in disposable Mystcraft worlds before I let any into real-space.

Im pretty sure a Level 5 Clairvoyant Jumper could give Misaka a really fucking hard time, because predicting her moves, or predicting which decision you make that could lead to a passed out misaka, perhaps by manipulating where her lightning lands and causing debris to fall and harm her. As a clairvoyant, the more prep you have, the better your chances. And since you could probably look in the future and see your gonna get into some fight the esper anyway, you'll have prep when you need it.

Shut up about it, you're just shitposting about it at this point. You're not allowed to take forever in Evo, stop crying over it, whiny little bitch.

So I missed the chance to ask this when people were talking about Gravity Falls in the last thread but could you defeat Bill Cipher with Aschente from no game no life? He hates playing by rules and it's the sort of thing he would flagrantly cheat at because he could.
It's not perfect and probably not even likely to defeat him but could it give you a chance if you played your cards right?

Well, not any previous user, but in the game, once you beat the boss(and sometimes do something more, like escape a meteor), you rime travel to the next era. So, once you beat the era's boss, you should time skip.

Ah, so all of them are completely immune to all mundane methods 100% of the time? No? Then good luck catching someone who knows what you'll do before you do, and can take you out at the moment it's guaranteed to work.

Sure you can't win in a straight up fight with just clairvoyance, but you'd have to be an idiot to try. Think smart and you can be terrifyingly effective.

Nah, that's way beyond any canon Esper power. Though something like

"Jumper, the cops are onto us and we need to-"
"-leave the country and never come back. I've prepped these false passports for weeks, and in about five minutes the smoke bomb's going to go off"
"But how did you-"
"Looked into the future to figure out hwat we'd need to keep this operation running and ourselves alive. I've prepped another one two blocks down the road we'll need to dodge their backup"

wouldn't be out of the question, I think

Most of these bastards still need to eat.
A little cobalt-60 goes missing from a lab when a security guard was distracted by a cat could conceivably find it's way into a box of their favorite snack.
What an unfortunate and unlikely chain of events that was in no way a keikaku perpetrated by the jumper. Jumper is just some kid with no extra abilities at all. Definitely not any motivation to hide every development beyond x-ray vision.
Totally just a student. Harmless.

TL note: keikaku means plan.

You would have to convince him to agree to the ten pledges, which is highly unlikely.

A time portal opens to take you to the next era in the game, and the jump itself states that you are similarly transported from stage to stage.

Are you blind?

See, this guy gets it

Funny how people underestimate a precog power when it's not called PtV. It's almost like they've underestimated good ol' fashioned ingenuity and creativity without having to rely on a Shard giving you directinos

You're scary.

I was trying to come up with ideas for Malleable Reality.

In my example the 'normal' way would be handing over a complete chemical formula for the cure.

You're thinking in linear time. He's not acting in linear time anymore, though. His timeline goes from the start of your jump to his victory, in linear time for him but nonlinear time for you. So he spends one day in -65M and one day in -1M, but for you two days have passed. Once he passes X days, you lose. So you also need to start acting in nonlinear time.

But the concept that you could run out of time when you haven't reached the time where something happens that would facilitate running out of time because some one did a thing before me but not really because its not fucking happened 'yet'; fuck it. This is retarded.

Well see, that's just it. Because it's not Worm, people don't think it's as valuable.

You're operating on the assumption none of the other competitors can do the time-skip thing.

Welcome to time travel.
No, I'm dead serious. There's a reason why the phrase "Fuck time travel" exists, it's shenanigans.

Look, I've been ignoring your little spat with the other anons up until now, but I think I see the fundamental problem here.

You're desperately trying to ascribe logic and rationality and sense to a multiverse where magic, gods and video game mechanics take primacy over the laws of physics in certain worlds.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but does being a raildex esper cause using magic from all settings to hurt you or only raildex magic?

Just raildex magic

But bolbox isn't a time traveler. Even if he travels to the future, said future hasn't happened yet.

I shouldn't be able to run out of time until he shows up in said future and does the thing that lets him win.

The concept that someone can win in a future that hasn't happened yet because to much time passed for me is retarded.

He literally sent crystals back in time to fuck with you. Go play through the monkey cave level again. It's fucking outright CALLED OUT right then.

You have absolutely no right to argue then. This jumpmaker says you can't dally. I'm pointing out how Bolbox fucks with the plot in the game. You have zero leg to stand on. Nobody cares what you WANT. Nobody cares about your 'logic'. This is the reality. Don't like it? Fucking don't jump it. End of story.

>If I want to move on with my fucking chain without waiting forever
Boss rush. Teleport to the era boss and kill them.

Or don't take the drawback.

It can actually get even crazier, say your fighting accelerator, your power could start to peer into his past. You become the ultimate psychological terror, as you bring up each and every mistake he made, and how he could have made things better, and he'll know your telling the truth since you could probably look into the future and see what would've happened if he did make better choices. Premonition Precog could allow you to dodge most of his attacks as well. How can someone fight you when you dissect their weaknesses and their past, their character even like a scientist dissects a corpse?

Do you mean the lizard-people cave? The monkey cave just has a mention that Bolbox taught them how to make elevators.

Have you ever watched a Doctor Who episode? For that matter, have you actually thought about how absurd time travel as a conept is and thus how futile trying to use logic and reason to justify being able to exploit it is?

Time for another random question /jc/!

What was your devil combination on Shin Megami Tensei?

Mine was
>Vermin Lord: Best Demon

>Fenrir: Bad ass 800ft wolf capable of freezing cities

>Unicorn: Had to take a third one and the resistances and heal are nice to have.

So, as I mixed it, it’s basically a Giant horned ice-wolf that can control rats. Rats which are writefagged to grow and transform into pseudo-wolves at some point (not much going on there, at that point they are on demon levels anyway). Because magic. Pretty snazzy, bringing Fimbulwinter out of nowhere.
And basically giving the middle finger to Lung in Worm while E88 gets salty as the Dead Sea because I’m not on their side (or anyone’s but meh).

I think I migth go to 40K and pretend I'm Leman Russ or the spirit of their planet to try and get the Spess Wolfs to chip in in the Thyranid invasion.

Hell, maybe I do, but I'm not all that motivated to actually skim over the levels when you're being so fucking unreasonable.

If your TRUE reason is just 'I want to take the drawback and not wait', then see , if you're the almighty god someone who likes to want as much as you no doubt is, then you should be able to do it in five minutes, tops.

Best way to keep a secret? Keep it to yourself.
Second best? Tell one other person IF YOU MUST.
THERE IS NO THIRD BEST.

It varies. Some things I just pull directly, but I spent the year in BSG leading up to Exodus gutting near a gross MKII Viper cockpits and replacing them with droid brains to make a neat little fleet of Viper Droids. Their systems were incompatible with the Cylons, so there was no chance of hacking--no matter what those assholes on Galactica were spouting.

I also do fairly regular upgrades for my boys (they're up to B6 now), such as better programming, components, and materials. And there's always better arrowheads.

YoSaphBridge

though, she was actually married to them.

Again, you're looking at things from a linear perspective. Try to look at things like in Chrono Trigger. There's multiple time periods, but time is always moving in each of them. You can't go back to before Zeal was destroyed, because Lavos blew up Zeal in that time period. So, imagine if the portal to the Day of Lavos could move. Once you pass the point where you can travel to the Day of Lavos, the world is destroyed and the time portals die. Even if you go to that time period naturally from 1000 AD, it won't bring them back, because Lavos already won.

Nonlinear time is a bitch, and it doesn't make any sense from a linear perspective. But that's just how things are. He gets X subjective days, and then he wins. You get X subjective days, and then you lose. Use them wisely.

Uh, third party, dude. Not the guy who was arguing about Bolbox. I'm on your side, I'm agreeing that the lizard-people say that Bolbox is tied to the crystals somehow. I was just trying to clarify so that guy couldn't point to it and go "it says nothing about that there". I'm not sure it's explicitly time travel so much as him having always been part of them, or something like that, but regardless, he exists in all the time periods.

That's not how time travel works.

Even if he time skips, the future he arrives at hasn't happened yet.

You're just frothing mad because I'm actually making sense and you can't stand it.

I've pointed out how your argument makes no sense, and you're response is 'no, fuck you you're wrong, if you disagree then its all on you.' Fucking with the plot? What does that have to do with him winning?

What does that have to do with anything else I've said, how does anything you've pointed out, invalidate my points?

Uplifted my ROB unit from Starfox into a Ultron level intellect that has access to Symbiote level technology and can assume direct control of most electronics and AI's through extrememly high level Technopathy and hacking skills.
Also modified my ACU by combining it with "The Cradle" from MCU so that it could generate organic components, and further augmented it with Blame! tech blueprints so it could then outfit almost all my creations with GBE's.

It's an arbitrary limit, yes, you win. Now please accept that time travel sometimes has these arbitrary limits and this game has you evolve from a mouse to a pterodactyl by eating a floating bit of meat on a bone that appeared when you killed a shark. It clearly isn't concerned with making total logical sense.

As a Clairvoyant, you have no way to be fast enough to dodge the lightning. You are aware knowing the future doesn't mean you have the ability to change it?

They deal with futuristic super guns on a regular basis. Mooks with guns aren't shit to them.

Enjoy the cancer.

That's already in my plans, but based on the other guy's argument, I figured he just wanted raw kill potential.
That's just the thing though. That's not what it's for. It's for a keikaku man that likes to fuck with people. The more effort you put into it, the more you start getting all the good parts of Groundhog Day.
youtu.be/WiKbSM1FGUg

It doesn't even work like that in chrono trigger though

Dude

Dude, Doctor Who

"The future that hasn't happened yet" is a lie to children timelords tell monolinear lifeforms to prevent their brains imploding from the knowledge that sometimes things just run at their own pace

Especially when you got involved with them via drawback

Couldn't afford it.

Had to stick with the 200 CP stipend affordable Ibaraki Doji.

>Enjoy the cancer.
Bitch, I'm a Jumper. You really think I still have that problem?

I just find it absurd you're trying to apply logic to time travel when time travel is inherently illogical.

Sometimes things just happen when they want to, at the speed of plot.

So they're always prepared to stop bullets, even in their sleep? They're always able to stop explosions, even when the ground beneath them explodes with no warning while they're sneezing? They're all trained to detect the poisons you put in the food that is sent to a restaurant they'll eat at the next day?

You have to get creative. Just going up and shooting them isn't likely to work, true, but aside from Accelerator they're not all able to protect themselves 100% of the time or they'd never get hurt, even by each other.

You're right that attacking head on is suicide, which is why you be an assassin.

This is the reason no one should actually bother winning the competition in the competition drawback.

That bitch Gaea deserves to get raped by Bolbox, before I kill both of them in righteous fury. I'd kill them sooner, but I want Gaea to suffer first.

Given how many cigars and cigarettes you've been smoking? Yes.

Premonition Precog, even aside from the Touma level plot armor still gives you almost perfect timing and unconsious knowledge of what to do next to help you win the fight. Level 5 Clairvoyant should have very little trouble positioning themselves in areas where her lightning can only hit a conductor and ignore the jumper. Also by seeing a bullet hitting you in 5 seconds from the front, you know to back down and evade, dodging the lightning strike should'nt be different.

How?
Triple fusion gives you the cheapest for free and the second cheapest is half price

I wasn't going to get involved until now.

But son? Back away from the computer. You are getting so butthurt that you can't abuse a drawback that I have to wonder just how pathetic your life is right now.

Back up. Re-evaluate your life.

It does except for the Day of Lavos moving. Once the Zenan Bridge is fixed you can never go back to when it was broken.

I had other perks I wanted, and was full up on drawbacks already before reaching that.

Let me guess. I'm doing it wrong not going for one of the 1000 CP options?

I'm pissed that you've eaten up about 100 posts whining like a disgusting fat baby.

>It makes no sense!
Wow! It's fucking time travel! The planet is a goddess! Your fucking dinomammoth fucking Gaia leads to humans! It's a Japanese videogame. It doesn't ascribe to your logic. Get that through your skull.

This. Fuck anons talking shit about how we just have to accept their retarded non-linear nonsense, I've given up on Evo. It all goes up in unholy fire. All of it, even Sol.

Pretty much, yes. The fact that everybody else picked up at least one should've clued you in.

You're talking to people who've passed the Butthurt Threshold.

They are whining because they aren't allowed their way.

Give up, it's not going to get anywhere beyond consuming more threads with stupid bullshit.

FUCK Summer Vacation. That is all.

This is a thing. If I need to express to someone my...displeasure...with their actions, I'll invite them to tea. I'll then tell them what exactly they did that pissed me off, and then outline what I expect them to do for reparations--usually something that has them laughing out of the room.

What I don't tell them is that I mixed a bit of polonium in with the sugar and with a bit of mental prodding led them into taking at least a little. They die of radiation poisoning in a couple of weeks, while MCU's radiation immunity has me reading the obituaries with a smug grin and a pint of mead.

Such fun it would be to have some way to make a temporary Groundhog Day situation. Even it it eats into the days left of my ten years in a setting it'd be worth it.

I suppose Level 5 can at least do that sort of thing.

Hey, I need a victory charge on them Conduit powers after a plan comes together.
youtu.be/wyz_2DEah4o

Am I looking at an old version of the jump? Because the one on the drive says nothing about time limits, just that you have to defeat the threat in each era to proceed, and beat all eras to win. You could have time limits on each individual threat (delay too long and the Hornet King could eat all the plants, for example), but no overall "If you don't do this fast enough, Bolbox wins the competition" clause.

I cannot wait for when summer vacation's over and you go back to school, crybaby.