WarmaHordes General

New thread edition. Let's stop caring about other factions and talk about how Trollboods are ruined forever since the Winter Troll didn't get RAT 5.

Links to old threads with spoilers:
Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
forwardkommander.com
schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
privateerpress.com/files/WM MKII Rules Errata Jan 2016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
What factions do you play, not just own but actually play?
strawpoll.me/10138678

any ret spoiler-bro's care to drop info on Nayl or the AFG?

Hey.

I'm back with request for more minions spoilers. Anything you can give us would be great,

Can you spoil the minuteman?

Hey Spoilerbro, quick question.

In the previous thread you said pBorka traded Iron Flesh for Arcane Ward. What's arcane ward? Did you mean Arcane Shield? (You can't have meant that.)

You should all stop being faggots and spoil some mercenaries. Especially Fiona. And Ossrum.

Not Spoilerbro, but Arcane Ward is a cost 2 range 6 Upkeep that grants model/unit +2 DEF and "cannot be targeted by enemy spells"

It was shown on eSevvy in the PoM Insider.

You know they only spoil what they got, right?

Not everyone has all the cards.

rude

rude

Was there a point to that comment, or are you incapable of accepting your own insignificance?

rude

Rude!

I hope you die in a well fire

Post some spoilers or shut the fuck up. No one cares what you have to say or if you think I'm rude.

Double Rude

this is a bully-free zone

Fucking faggots. Rather suck a strangers dick than ask for what you want. How about I crop some mk2 cryx cards and you lick my ball sack.

today on who can be the bigger faggot, this asshole or the other asshole READY GO!!!!

Can we discuss what we're going for MKIII instead? I'm repainting my retribution in aqua and silver. Before they were silver based with a deep pink for detail and I'm tempted to just change the power stone colour to this aqua and not repaint the models in heavy armour since there isn't a whole lot of difference at this point.

Selling my Cryx and buying more Star Wars.

I think I'm genuinely too lazy to pick up a new army and paint it, but hey maybe I will see something that inspires me.

I'm going to play CoC instead of cryx. Well that's if I can even get a game since my group disbanded during the past year and are no longer insterested in WMH even with mark 3

how rude

Who Likes Minion Spoilers?

Well, Dr.A's feat is largely the same, save that if an enemy model is within your control range, you may choose that model to frenzy against.

He gained REPOSITION [3˝] – At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3˝, then its activation ends.

He also gained the spell guardian beast, which is basically watcher.

Otherwise, he is largely the same.

This is the most faggorty in a WarmaHordes thread in a long time. I blame Reddit and Facebook coming here for spoilers.

BATTLE BOAR

ADRENALIZE – This model can be forced to use Adrenalize at any time during its activation. This model gains Berserk and Overtake that activation. At the end of that activation, this model suffers d3 damage points. (When a model with Berserk destroys one or more models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after the attack is resolved it must make one additional melee attack against another model in its melee range.) (When a model with Overtake destroys one or more enemy models with a basic melee attack during its Combat Action, after the attack is resolved it can immediately advance up to 1˝.)

His animus is Primal, and he lost rabid. otherwise the same stats, 7 points.

anyone made any cool scenario objectives they'd want to show off? I'm trying to brainstorm

rude

I hope your children turn out poorly

Aww... still good but mkii's was better.

Thanks spoiler bro!

All the dials now do their damage at the end of their activation. Warhog is +1 SPD.

IRRESISTIBLE FORCE 1 SELF – – TURN NO The spellcaster gains Bulldoze for one turn. (When a model with Bulldoze is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2˝ directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when a model makes a trample power attack.)

Otherwise the same.

Anything about Carver or Midas?

I'm still buttmad that dials require forcing, as if damage portion wasn't bad enough

Also a legit animus.

Did it get a point cost drop?

Hey, sppilerbro, what's happened to Terminus?

All farrow units have gained tough. A new unit, Farrow Commandos.

Same stats as current brigands, CRA, Advanced deployment, pathfinder.

Weapons are a RNG 6 AOE 3 POW 12 grenade, or a PS 10 kukuri.

LEADER & GRUNTS

FEIGN DEATH – This model cannot be targeted by ranged or magic attacks while knocked down. PROWL – While this model has concealment, it gains Stealth .

KUKRI BRUTAL CHARGE – This model gains +2 to charge attack damage rolls with this weapon.

lost a point of armor, other than that he's unchanged

How about the splatter boar?

I got 10 bucks on S&D gettin stupid buffs, cause mk3 is all about selling off overstock

PC 15.

>His animus is Primal
Why the flippity fuck did Arkadius keep the ability to take Goraxes? I mean sure, they didn't want to "invalidate purchases", but it's literally a better Gorax, you would never take a Gorax when you could just take a Battlepig instead.

LUCKY SHOT 1 6 – – TURN NO Target friendly Faction model gains +2 to AOE ranged attack rolls. When the affected model’s AOE ranged attacks deviate, you can reroll the direction and/or distance of deviation. Each roll can be rerolled only once as a result of Lucky Shot. Lucky Shot lasts for one turn.

SPLATTER BOAR ALCHEMICAL MASK – This model does not suffer gas effects. When determining LOS or resolving attacks, this model ignores cloud effects. BACON – When this model is destroyed, each living warbeast B2B with it can remove d3 damage points.
ALCHEMICAL MORTAR ARCING FIRE – When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1˝ of the target. ATTACK TYPE – Each time this weapon is used to make an attack, choose one of the following special rules: • ACID BLAST – Models hit by this attack suffer the Corrosion continuous effect . • PSYCHOACTIVE GAS – Living warbeasts hit by the AOE gain 1 fury point unless they can ignore gas effects. • SMOKE BLAST – This weapon’s base POW becomes 14 for this attack. This attack causes fire damage . This weapon’s AOE is a cloud effect that remains in play for one round. INACCURATE – This model suffers –4 to attack rolls with this weapon.

PC8

any hope for NQ 66 anytime soon?

No, dude, look at the wording on Adrenalize.

D3 damage at END of activation. That one change (if the language is consistent) would be a huge buff to War Hogs and Road Hogs.

You keep saying this, but I fail to see how it goes.

The most "from useless to buffed" unit is Ferox right now, and they're hardly auto include now.

They're just playable.

If they'd have wanted them to sell like hotcakes, shouldn't they have gotten even stronger?

Heyo! Any word on this green bad-boy? Can I finally take him off my shelf for any other reason than fun?

I thought they specifically said there was a theme force to take Goraxes because of NotB.

They did invalidate RoW (FA:3 runeshapers) and Cryx units for Cephalyx though.

pretty damn good, thanks

Wow, splatter boar is trash. Great b8 pp with that mk2 splatter boar

Does it do shieldguards under him still? That could be the breaking point

Adding Fury onto beasts is actually pretty nice, and a lot more reliable than the old gas, if less powerful. And throwing out corrosion AOEs where you can control where they land is great.

hey spoilerbro, is the praetorian swordsmen UA for skorne still sidestep and mini feat perfect strike?

are keltarii changed at all?

Was old splatter boar inaccurate?

He lost a point? I thought he was supposed to gain one.

How about a spoiler on the Galleon cards?

Rask's spells. Otherwise, i think he is the same.

ADMONITION 2 6 – – UP NO When an enemy model advances and ends its movement within 6˝ of target model in the spellcaster’s battlegroup, the affected model can immediately advance up to 3˝, then Admonition expires. The affected model cannot be targeted by free strikes during this movement.

BOUNDLESS CHARGE 2 6 – – TURN NO During its activation, target friendly Faction model can charge without spending focus or being forced and gains +2˝ movement and Pathfinder when it charges. Boundless Charge lasts for one turn.

FURY 2 6 – – UP NO Target friendly Faction model/unit gains +3 to melee damage rolls but suffers –1 DEF.

VEIL OF MISTS 2 CTRL 4 – UP NO Place a 4˝ AOE cloud effect anywhere completely within the spellcaster’s control range. This AOE does not block friendly Faction models’ LOS. While in the AOE, friendly Faction models gain Pathfinder and can move through obstructions and other models if they have enough movement to move completely past them.

Honestly I feel like it was really disingenuous to release Mk2 rules for shit that was never going to be legal.

They need to revamp their proxy policy for unreleased models since their release schedule is so shitty.

Yea.

And it has the +2 damage corrosion troll animus, which was great then, but with the change to it, the new one is likely better.

Yes.

Gee veil of mists is such a great replacement for IG.

Wrastler

Has Rage,

MAN-EATER – This model can charge living warrior models without being forced.

RISE – If this model is knocked down at the beginning of your Maintenance Phase, it stands up.

SNACKING – When this model boxes a living model with a melee attack, it can choose to remove the boxed model from play. When it does, this model can remove d3 damage points.

No more circus.

Thorn Gunmages? We've heard a lot about others new units and I'd love to see how the Llaese Gunmages turned out...

I think the problem was that there would have been a nearly year long gap of no releases at all if they'd have done that, which would have created some pretty major issues.

I mean, we were already pissed about the silence from Jan to April, think of it had been from Gencon(where a lot of those models hit the table) to now.

Hell, imagine if they'd have had nothing at Gencon to release at all.

He didn't lose or gain armor, he got assault and can't berserk himself anymore.

>guy says he has minion spoils
>faggots ask for other things
fuck off

Razor boar

STILL AS DEATH 1 SELF – – RND NO The spellcaster gains Countercharge. Still as Death lasts for one round. (When an enemy model advances and ends its movement within 6˝ of a model with Countercharge and in its LOS, the model with Countercharge can immediately charge it. A model can use Countercharge only once per round and not while engaged.)

RAZOR BOAR BACON – When this model is destroyed, each living warbeast B2B with it can remove d3 damage points.

SNACKING – When this model boxes a living model with a melee attack, it can choose to remove the boxed model from play. When it does, this model can remove d3 damage points.
UNYIELDING – While engaging an enemy model, this model gains +2 ARM.
RIPPING TUSKS

BRUTAL CHARGE – This model gains +2 to charge attack damage rolls with this weapon.

PC 7 for 2

It wouldn't have been a problem if they'd just admitted Mk3 was in development instead of effectively lying by omission by publishing Mk2 rules for models they absolutely knew would never, ever be legal.

first off that was the first post ive made today

second when you nerf just about every meta cryx caster AND buff every many non-meta ones thats a fairly good example of directing market purchases with rules. This seems to be happening to every faction, but cryx is the only one i can speak about

third im not really against any of this, fuck it in cast im for it, shaking up stats is a good thing and breathes life in to a game that on a competitive level was gettin stagnant. My only slight gripe is the fact that 1) we have to pay for rules that will incentivize new purchases as appose to having this work like the mk2 beta test and give the rules out and 2) calling this a new version seems like a stretch this is mk2.1.... but honestly those are both small gripes... Im still calling S&D buffs

Rude

Looking at the Troll spoilers it seems like it's only going to affect people who only bought into RoW/EE when it was trendy. Most of the shit that got buffed was all the stuff newbie Troll players bought in Mk2 either way.

Bone Grinders have changed a lot.

+1 pow on the cleaver, tough, mat 6, CMA

LEADER & GRUNTS CRAFT TALISMAN (ACTION) – Target a friendly warlock within 3˝ of a model in this unit that is in formation. If the warlock is in range, when it casts a spell and is the point of origin, the spell gains +2 RNG. Spells with RNG SELF, SP, or CTRL are not affected. Craft Talisman lasts for one turn. DISMEMBER – When this model hits a warbeast with a melee attack, roll an additional damage die.
CLEAVER ATTACK TYPE – Each time this weapon is used to make an attack, choose one of the following special rules:

• GRIEVOUS WOUNDS – A model hit by this weapon loses Tough and cannot have damage removed from it for one round.

• INFLICT PAIN – When it hits a warbeast with this weapon, this model can place 1 fury point on or remove 1 fury point from the warbeast.

PC 8 for 6

Are they FA U?

Yes

It still creates that gap, and fuck, look at how much of a mess the forums have turned into in what, two months?

I mean, the model changes from Mk2 to Mk3 haven't been that drastic.

If you somehow thought that the best Cryx casters, IE, the best casters in the game, weren't going to get nerfed, then you'd crazy.

Beyond that explain Denny1? Explain pSkarre? Both of them were considered some of the top casters in the game, and both of them, while nerfed, are still exceptionally good.

But the problem here is that any sort of rebalance is going to show the same sort of shit, because rebalancing means that good models get worse and bad models get better.

The trick is how much worse and how much better.

And a lot of shit is just going from "Fucking amazing" to "Playable, but not ballbusting."

Rask is my boy. Thanks for the spoilers. Not sure why he needs Boundless Charge AND Veil of Mists, though.

Hey spoilerbro, thanks for all the troll spoilers earlier today. I was on the fence about selling my trolls after the insider but some of the spoilers today made me rethink about it.

Just wanted to ask if you could give me a spoiler for lylth3 though. I just graduated today, and it would make a great graduation gift.

I think PP might have gone a bit overboard with animi/spells turning SELF.

Na, it's about actually making Fury management require management.

You can't just go hog wild with Fury anymore, or just pass shit around with your free to cast support models anymore.

it seems like Madrak2 is the new terminus on steroids

I think they didn't go far enough. They should have completely removed Animi altogether.

Does minion spoilerbro have Orin Midwinter's card? I think they said merc/minions will be in both decks.

If not, I want to see croak raiders and saxon orrik.

Targ

ATTACHED – Before the start of the game, attach this model to a friendly Minion warlock for the rest of the game. Each Minion warlock can have only one model/unit attached to it.
TARG 1

ANCILLARY ATTACK (HACTION) – RNG 3. Target friendly Faction warbeast. If the warbeast is in range, it immediately makes one basic melee or ranged attack. A warbeast can be targeted by an Ancillary Attack special action only once per turn.

HERDING – While this model is in its warlock’s control range, the warlock can force, leech, reave, heal, and transfer damage to the warbeasts in its battlegroup that are in this model’s command range.

MEDICATE [d3 + 1] (HACTION) – RNG B2B. Target friendly Faction living warbeast. If the warbeast is in range, remove d3 + 1 damage points from it.

PC4. Otherwise the same.

Seems to me like it leaves no room for synergies between models. A model will either be good or bad by itself, with no external synergy possibly saving it.

Ebonlance you're a fucking faggot, get the fuck out of here.

i'd love to see Orin's card

>Rask keeps Fury

With Rage, that's a +6 damage swing for the Wrastler. Hot damn.

Do you have the croak bros and bog trogs?

>croak raiders
Thats one I would really want to see. I can't imagine them not getting reworked somehow.

The problems with those synergies is that they can get out of control, which can really fuck up balance in the long term.

Like, if say, the Cyclops Raider is underpowered now, they can just straight buff it without having to worry about how it interacts with the rest of the faction now.

>Seems to me like it leaves no room for synergies between models

There's more to synergies than just animi.

Hell, an entire half the game exists completely without animi and you find plenty of synergy there.

Yeah but it's no longer an upkeep. No more easy cycling I guess. For me its boundless charge, fury and elasticity on the meat thresher. Now I would love a spoiler on that one.

If I remember right, gun is POW10, lost a point of DEF and ARM was the earlier spoiler.

No, minions and mercs are seperate.

Saxon orrick:
6/6/7/7/15/14
tough, AD, Pathfinder, stealth. Weapons are the same.

ORRIK 1 BLIND SPOT – When an enemy warbeast misses this model with a melee attack, immediately after the attack is resolved this model can make one basic melee attack against the warbeast.

DISMEMBER – When this model hits a warbeast with a melee attack, roll an additional damage die.

RECONNAISSANCE (HACTION) – RNG CMD. Target friendly warrior model/unit. If the model/unit is in range, it gains Pathfinder . Reconnaissance lasts for one turn.

REPOSITION [3˝] – At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3˝, then its activation ends.

SKINNING KNIFE INFLICT PAIN – When it hits a warbeast with this weapon, this model can place 1 fury point on or remove 1 fury point from the warbeast.

Croaks:
no vitriol, Oil is RNG 8, Flaming dart is Rng 10 pow 10. They have AD. Otherwise unchanged.

Croak PC?

On the other hand, it means a model can be better right off rather than paying a lower stat tax like what happened with Tenacity in Legion.

Any news on what happened to Calaban or Maelok? Keep up the good work.

Bog Trog Ambushers

5/6/6/3/12/14. Command 7. AD,Amphibious,CMA pathfinder.

PS11, range 2

LEADER & GRUNTS AMBUSH – You can choose not to deploy this unit at the start of the game. If it is not deployed normally, you can put it into play at the end of any of your Control Phases after your first turn. When you do, choose any table edge except the back of your opponent’s deployment zone. Place all models in this unit in formation completely within 3˝ of the chosen table edge.

FISH HOOK PULL – If this model hits an enemy model with an equal or smaller base with a basic attack with this weapon, immediately after the attack is resolved the hit model can be pushed directly toward this model until it contacts a model, an obstacle, or an obstruction.

10/16 for them.

I want to know if thrullg has come into his own for mk3

There is still plenty of non-beast support.

Any way we can get spoilers for the Sacral Vault and the Meat Thresher? I have a soft spot for our engines.