Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/szsnni.pdf
www4.zippyshare.com/v/PXalKqpm/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More like Shitshow of the Edge Lord

seems deece

A lighter version of Warhammer Fantasy.

Simplified rule system, easy to level up for fast and complete campaigns, the world is dark as fuck, the rulebook is farily complete and the world is not only dark but deadly as hell too.

Also props for telling elves to fuck off and to treating them as the knife eared monsters they are.

Another one of those "buy for setting not system" games and the setting doesn't really excite me

>Thoughts?

I thought that was a picture of a demon making a pot of soup/stew.

The emblem looked like his cauldron and he was just sort of carefully managing it in the back there.

What's wrong with the system?

i actually saw the exact same thing at first.

i don't play 5e, but if i wanted to play something in that vein i'd rather play this. setting has about the right amount of vagueness to shape it as you like without the intimidating breadth as something like talislanta.

i do like the class system, not sure how the math holds up.

there's nothing wrong with it, but there's also nothing that makes me excited to play/run a game with it.

So, what would excite you?

A lewd furry game with stats for dicks and how much damage each hole could absorb.

a less barebones system

Damage is overall, though, not by hole.

I think we have this thread everyday

Probably shills. Which is a shame since I am interested in the system but trying to force a thread on it just kills any kind of interest/discussion.

Pretty sure there's a GURPS splat for that

Oh yeah I remember that game.
my.mixtape.moe/szsnni.pdf

Don't ask me why I have it.

God bless you fellow pervert

There's been like 3 threads about that game this week and it keeps dying.

Are you the same faggot who keeps asking people to argue their case every fucking time someone is unenthusiastic about this game?

Why would you post a link to that?
I'm almost completely certain that I'll regret reading this yet I can't stop myself.

I feel the opposite. I think the system alone is worth the price of admission. The passable dark fantasy setting is only a plus.

I'd agree with this assessment. Been playing in a game for around 4-5 sessions now. Liking it. But neither is it my tip top favorite game of all time.

why?

Alternative to this game that isnt Dnd or Warhammer?

13th Age?

I feel the same way. The setting is just OK, nothing too amazing. But the light system is a nice thing. It's basically better DnD5e for more low-magic games.

Basically, 13th Age is 'better DnD5e for gonzo high fantasy with skycastles'.
SotDL is 'better DnD5e for regular fantasy'.

Between the two games there's no actual reason to ever play DnD5e.

I'd love to give this a read, is it available as a PDF anywhere?

i got you senpai
www4.zippyshare.com/v/PXalKqpm/file.html

aragato user, much appreciated

>Also props for telling elves to fuck off
aaaaaand fucking droped.

I hoope you didn't drope it on your fote.

It gave me more of a Lords of the Shadow Demons vibe than I expected.

rules for playing elves are literally in the latest supplement.

>Gideon did the art.

He can go fuck himself. I have no idea why I am so sexually aroused by his furry drawings that break all laws of physics.

What makes his art so fucking enjoyable.

The ladies are super muscular (which is a fetish), super fluffy (which is a fetish), super tall (which is a fetish), anthropomorphic animals (which is a fetish) are often smoking (which is a fetish).

Pretty much he is just hitting all kinds of fetish materials at once at the hopes that one or two things will make your dick hard or your pussy wet so you will think he is good.

I don't like the smoking fetish. Not into giantesses either and I like muscle grills, but not super huge.

YET. I STILL ENJOY IT. WHY.

It probably is his art style, it's just appealing.

Maybe the dominate women?

Or maybe it is the retardedly large dicks?

Giant nipples?

Thickness?

I crank my dick to about anything so I don't know, man.

Small lizard girls with no boobs? Crank.
Regular human females having sex missionary position? Crank.
Straight up bestiality? Crank
Farting on a cake? Crank

Amazingly enough the only thing I can't get off to is gay stuff. Man or man or woman on woman.

It does nothing for me.

Not a fan of hyper. Big nipples are good. There's no thickness, all he draws is stick waist and fuckhueg everything else.

As I said. It's not WHAT he draws, but HOW he draws it is what probably tickles my boner.

The system is simple, fairly elegant, and suits my needs. I love the career and advancement system as well and that just about anyone can learn magic. Fast/slow turns in combat are surprisingly awesome. I don't like skills in games, so I like that it's brought down basically to just stats and a few background occupation bonuses. Randomly rolling up characters is my favorite thing, I like it even more when there isn't a chance the character will suck, which this game does by mostly rolling on flavor. Boon/bane system is also rather fun.

The world is meh. Nothing special but nothing against it either. I award it the Most Okayest Setting award.

I want to run Dark Sun with the system.

It's ok user, I feel the same way about Sparrow.

And they're OP. Pretty much "humans but better", but with some extra special abilities and a weaksauce weakness to iron.

I really want to play it but my friend hates it and doesn't want to.
He just wants us to play 5e for the rest of our lives. I hate 5e.

Shit, I'm not at my normal computer so I can't post the pic of the description of the character class that lets you give birth to monsters.
I don't really like that they have an entire book dedicated to demon lord classes, just incase there's an edgelord that doesn't care about party dynamic.

I thought this system was super boring.

I found this earlier and then decided to throw the setting out and just use the mechanics because fuck you I do what I want.

Partially because I had a setting I was working on and it's also the one my players have spent two years in. Not that I dislike the setting, it's just I would much rather use something familiar for my group. It does look nice when I still plan on using the Demon Lord in some capacity.

can you link some rules please? or at least explain the paths and ancestries.

I am running tales of the demond lord but i use some extra modules cos the campaign are a bunch of checkpoints. Its a nice and letal game.
It doesnt have a lot of combat manouvers but you can work things with the players so the game doesnt end being a hack and slash.
The magic is great cos the wizards dont are omnipotent, but are experts in their fields.
This makes magic something tied to the concept of the character: your character is not a wizard your character is a magical engineer, an elementalist , a cultust , a witch ....

>spoiler

Well that's at the GM's discretion, or supposed to be at any rate.

It's pretty good, using it for an upcoming historical fantasy game that also has a slight hint if "the Darkest Dungeon "

I mean, yeah, if you read some of the Champions of the Demon Lord is probably some the most cringe inducing shit I ever read. But besides that and whatever is talking about, it's pretty good.

The setting reminds me more of Dragon Age than Warhammer fantasy. The system seems like a stripped down version of d20 trying to ape the Dragon Age tabletop game.

Honestly, given the choice you're better off playing Dragon Age tabletop.

I just find it hilarious that Lands of Luste is literally 100% dicks. There are absolutely no rules for playing a female character.

So if you want to play a furry twinkboi and get drilled in the ass by tentacles you're a-ok, but if you want to play a female human and get drilled in the cunt by anthro horses and tentacles, you're SOL.

No need to blame on shills what can be explained by autism.

Look them up on 7chan, it ought to be on the Great Request Thread.

In brief:

Ancestries:

>Elves: humans but better, get Shadowsight and Bewitching Presence that gives them a free social Boon in all circumstances unless they've just touched iron. Also suffer extra damage from iron weapons.

>Hobgoblins: Soldiers of the fairy armies, sorta like orcs except they look like Dobby and act like dwarfs. They are also all absolutely identical in all respects, except during combat, where their "Frenzy" causes bizarre random cosmetic transformations. Cool on paper, but in practice all the random transformations sound like retarded shit an edgy 12 years old may up rather than anything cool or scary.

>Pixies: Impractical to play in a mixed party due to being so tiny they basically exist on a different plane than anyone else. Get flight, invisibility and magical lights at will, but suck hard at everything ever. Can grow to 1/2 Size at Level 4. Whoop dee doo.

Paths

>Lots, most of them boring. Only real noteworthy one is Caith Sidhe, and only because it's such an unusual take on the concept (they're people who were granted by fairies the ability to turn into giant black cats who put curses on people).

>Sparrow

nigga, pixies are OP if you play them as magicians/priests and their derivatives.

I hear goblins are a PC race
gets an instant at least 6/10 from me

Goblins are... interesting. They make wonderful rogues and fun magicians, have good fluff as an ancestry (they got cursed by the Faerie Queen a long time ago, currently serve as a collective race of Mike Rowes), but come with a laundry list of behaviors/appearances that range from "actually monstrous/unsettling" to "lel poop joke".

I played the Dragon Age RPG instead

I'm interested in using this to run a Black Company game, how good is it at gritty fantasy?

Dragon Age?

I never cared for the setting. It presents itself as a dark RPG setting, but it is pretty typical.

At least the SotDL actually has apocalyptic shit going on. The best way to describe it is that the apocalypse has already happened, the world is finished, but it didn't just die overnight. The BBEG IS definitely destroying and corrupting all of existence, however, it is a slow burn and you are playing during the end times.

Depends on what you mean by gritty.

The system if pretty straight forward and simple, but really the bulk of the game, as with any other game, is only as gritty or dark as the DM makes it.

PCs being relatively low power and/or with the threat of death being a possibility in most combats.

Oh? Yeah that is pretty much standard in this game.

how am i supposed to find a group for this?
i dont have a group of people in the area so i have to rely on roll20 and its not on there
and dont say use the fame finder on Veeky Forums, its a shit place of shit payers and shit GMs
especially the thread for it right now

>its a shit place of shit payers and shit GMs
sounds like you don't need any of us.

good luck.

>Having to play pen and paper games and board games online.

That is suffering, user. I just switched over to vidya games when I was in that boat a few years back.

Same. For me, it's just not worth the effort digging through all the 5e, Vampire Larp and Pathfinder autism in my area to try and find someone to fucking game with. So vidya it is.

what vidya can properly fill the hole of table top?