False Dendrite Quest 171

My name is Cecile, and I'm sixteen years old. I already thought my life was odd, what with my parents having moved halfway across the country for their new job and leaving me in the care of my older sister... but then my best friend went and had a book shipped to my house that ended up giving me superpowers.

Faceless... I thought that we had him dead to rights but then he freaked out and now there's blood everywhere and I think I'm going to be sick.

>Thread archive:
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=false dendrite quest

>Branches known thus far:
pastebin.com/9SQy7UhL

>Twitter:
twitter.com/QM_Archelon

>Ask thing:
maouzenigame.tumblr.com/

>Game production blog:
studioarchelon.wordpress.com/
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>

The room is silent aside from the sound of the two severed limbs hitting the ground. Like something you'd expect to see at a slaughterhouse, they lie there in the ground as blood pools underneath them. But the blood isn't just underneath them, oh no- it's on what's left of the couch and all over the walls and in Charlotte's hair and splattered on Shary's currently-retracting tentacles.

The only things in the room that -aren't- splattered with blood are myself and Theresa, thanks to the shields that I threw up at the last minute.

>what the hell do I do now?

You know Arch, your OPs have really been absurdly disjointed for a long time.

Tend to the Irene. Make everything look non-bloody to not freak out.

Well, he may not be dead but at least we have a leg up on him.

Going with Let's try to not get off on the wrong foot here.

stop theresa from freaking out because her GIRLFRIENDS LEGS JUST GOT CUT OFF

>You know Arch, your OPs have really been absurdly disjointed for a long time.
Yeah, they have.

>writing

Different color OP pic. Are we end of chapter tonight or is shit gonna go down?

Calm down, me. Clear your mind. Just take deep breaths and-

"NKGH-"

And I double over in pain as my insides suddenly decide that they hate me. Not wanting to add my vomit to this already-disgusting sight, I slap my hand over my mouth in a desperate attempt to keep that from happening... it's damned hard to, though. The air in here is just about completely saturated with the scent of blood, and the fact that it belongs both to Faceless AND Irene is-

this is not the time to worry about yourself

now stand up

you idiot

>[1/?]

>[2/2]

Dammit... you're actually right. My own concerns mean jack shit right now when compared to the fact that Theresa just watched her girlfriend's leg just get cut off. Though I can't see her eyes under that visor mask thing, she's facing the pile of gore on the floor and isn't moving at all.

So the first thing I do is keep any light from reflecting off of it so that the only thing visible is an amorphous mass of shadow. And the second I do that, it's like she snaps out of a trance.

>tend to the theresa
>tend to the charlotte
>tend to the shary
>tend to the gabrielle
>[OTHER]

>>tend to the theresa
>"Everyone alright?"

>Everyone alright?
>anyone know first aid?

>tend to the theresa

>writing

"Irene..."

Theresa stumbles backwards, away from the darkness that's hiding her girlfriend's severed leg.

"Oh God, she-"

I run over to her and grab her hand before she can go into full panicmode.

"Irene's gonna be OKAY," I say, getting right in her face so she can't see the (censored) scene of gore behind us. "I know it looks bad but she'll be fine."
"B- but her leg-" Theresa stammers. "Oh God, if I did something to actually HELP instead of just standing around like a retard-"

I slap my hands over her shoulders and give her a good shake.

"Listen to me," I say, staring right at her. "I actually KILLED HER before. I shot a hole right through her right then and there and she died and it was entirely MY fault for doing it. Nobody else's."
"Wha-" Theresa chokes out.
"It was the end of all that stuff with that serialkiller," I reply. "But she has multiple bodies, remember? And even if she didn't a severed leg isn't exactly a mortal injury."

Unless she dies from blood loss, but I'm trying not to think about that right now.

>[1/?]

>[2/2]

"It's just..." Theresa lowers herb head, "...there was all that blood and..."
"I know," I nod. "and even now it's taking all I have to keep from puking. But this isn't the time to be freaking out, you know?"
"Y- yeah," she mumbles. "I guess you're right."

>priority is seeing to my other friends
>priority is finding faceless and irene

>>priority is seeing to my other friends
Though we'll eventually need to figure where the two went and laser Faceless if he's still alive (chances are Irene will murderize him anyway).

>Feet
NON CANON

... The smell of blood is completely normal and unremarkable.

Fresh human gibs smell very much like Fresh human (intact).

Q. How come I sometimes see Watermelon with red eyes, and sometimes with golden or orange eyes?

It doesn't bother me at all, but I know plenty of people who get queasy from the mere scent of blood.

>Q. How come I sometimes see Watermelon with red eyes, and sometimes with golden or orange eyes?
Because oni, I guess? The official art has her eyes as golden though.

>writing

>It doesn't bother me at all, but I know plenty of people who get queasy from the mere scent of blood.
But.
Blood literally passes through the roof of your mouth, and around your olfactory bulbs. All the time.
Your tongue TASTES LIKE BLOOD AND MUSCLE.
Granted, the smell is a lot more intense when you gib a person since now there's a lot more surface area emitting scent, but it's still just the same damn scent.

Hey, I never said it made sense.

You know what else doesn't make sense?

Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

Reading that sentence almost broke my brain.

At least Overchan's been quiet.

Blood splatter makes me happy.

Only real hassle are all these dumbasses complaining about damage on the respawner.

But mai waifu is also being upset about damage to the respawner, so I guess maybe I should rethink it?

Or maybe my waifu is yet another goddamn weed that doesn't know when to remove.

protip:
A good time to remove is whenever the sun shines brightest.

I.e. any time I am nearby.

Since Theresa seems to be at least somewhat fine, I let go of her and take a look at the rest of the destroyed room. One of the couches is just GONE thanks to Shary eating it or whatever the hell she did, most of the furniture in here is splintered to hell along with the TV... thankfully there aren't any broken windows but it's still pretty awful.

"Is everyone else okay?" I call out.
"Yes..." Charlotte grumbles while picking bits of TV out of her hair. "Milla's stuck in the bedroom with Gabrielle, and Loki is..."

She turns to Theresa and breathes a long sigh.

"Oh thank God," she mutters, wiping tears from her eyes. "Thank you so much for looking after him."
"Umm, sure," Theresa nods.

Even though this is all HER stuff that's been destroyed, Charlotte doesn't seem to care much at all. And she doesn't seem to really care about the severed limbs that I'm still playing blackout with on the floor here, either.

"Okay, then," I sigh, "I guess our real priority ought to be finding out where the hell Faceless and Irene went."

secure theresa's state

locate the threat

remove it

you have succeeded in the first goal

now complete the rest

>[1/?]

Rev up that GPS

Now I'm thinking about the resident Vines playing an RPG. Over-chan's a murderhobo that tries to resolve every situation with violence, Otheresa's probably trolling, Shary's genuinely trying to have fun, and Irene (the GM) is at her wit's end trying to keep the game in one piece.

Otheresa would go full magical realm

>Over-chan's a murderhobo that tries to resolve every situation with violence
I am not. I play a Paladin of Pelor and I only resolve situations with violence when it's mooks or cannon fodder (who aren't worth the effort), or if the big named important antagonists can't be redeemed.
In real life, though, there are an awful lot of mooks and cannon fodder.

Over-chan's also a minmaxer.

>[2/2]

"We all had these," I say, pulling out the GPS locator beacon thing that Irene gave me, "but I have no idea how to use it."
"That was Irene's plan," Charlotte sighs, "and now she's probabl-"

She glances at Theresa and slaps her hand over her mouth.

"...she's gone," Charlotte mumbles. "So I have no idea how the hell we're suppoosed to use hers to locate her position."

She glances at me.

"Cecile, do you have the phone number of another of her instances?" Charlotte asks.
"I think I have the number of the one who was with that triangle guy," I mumble as I bring out my phone, "but I dunno if-"
"Here."

Theresa reaches into her cape and produces a small tablet computer.

"She loaded the tracking program onto this," Theresa says, holding up the tablet. "It's supposed to be worldwide."

>let's tracking!
>let's calling the other irene

As for that which is never alone, you really shouldn't underestimate her. She's scarily good at being a payload of mechanics, and hiding it until it's time to strike.
She's the type to make something that looks like a joke build for """"fun"""", but which conceals devastating shit-wrecking potential.

I wouldn't play with That which does not exist. She is shit. Not just because of the magical realm, but because she is incompetent -at- the magical realm, and everything else.

You say that like it is a dirty term.
Do you not wish to conquer your foes?
Mechanical incompetence is a bad thing. If done through inexperience it can be fixed, but if you're doing it on purpose as some kind of "I am an elitist and my fun is holier than thy fun" move then you can fuck right off.
We're playing a game, with game mechanics, an objective, and choices on how to reach that objective using game mechanics. Role-playing games aren't just "roleplaying", they are also games. Get good at the game.

>let's tracking!
Yes

>let's calling the other irene
No

Also, shoot Charlotte a glance that says "Victory sex? VERY victory sex. Your bed is going to look like your couch when I'm done with you."

>>let's tracking!
No time for yapping on phone, we have to find what remains of them quick.

And I guess someone should let Gabby out, too. But warn about the blood&guts first.

She's Gabby, she won't care.

She'll just say "Cool, this is like my video game. ... Aw the couch is wrecked. I wanted to sit on the couch." and care more about the lack of comfy couch than the gibs.

How about
>Move to another room.
>Charlotte gets her sister and tiger.
>Ms T tracks her friend

What is Hornyslut's surname, anyway?

Nerivare, or something like that.

>Also, shoot Charlotte a glance that says "Victory sex? VERY victory sex. Your bed is going to look like your couch when I'm done with you."
But victory has not been achieved? And CC is nauseous right now?

Looked it up. It’s Navarre.

I thought I was Navarre?

>But victory has not been achieved? And CC is nauseous right now?
Still gonna look forward to the victory sex.

I mean Theresa. Hornyslut.

CC is Lewdmonogamous.

Be more clear then. It’s Ingram. I knew whom you meant from context but think hornyslut only truly fits CC’s sister.

Theresa's last name is Ingram.

>writing

>let's tracking!

Oh, like the MAC10. Got it.

Where is her sake?

Also why is what is clearly a summer miko dressed like an autumn one?

"Alright, cool," I nod. "You know how to work it?"

Because it goes without saying that I do not.

"She gave me a general explanation of it before we got here," Theresa replies. "Hopefully that'll be enough."
"Then I'll leave that to you," I say.

While Theresa taps away at the tablet, I make my way over to the remains of the couch that Shary's still sitting on. The blood from those severed legs has soaked really deep into the fabric of her plush cat body and it's just a really sad sight.

"Umm, Shary?" I wave my hand in front of her face. "You okay?"

No response.

"I think it's mostly safe to let Gabrielle and Milla out of the bedroom so if you wouldn't mind helping with that..."

Still no response.

"He's probably talking with Gabrielle, this happens sometimes."
"Bwah!?"

I flinch at the sudden appearance of my bloodstained girlfriend.

>leave this to the big sister and see how the theresa's faring with the tracking
>I'mma let the gabrielle out myself

>>leave this to the big sister and see how the theresa's faring with the tracking

>I'mma let the gabrielle out myself

>>leave this to the big sister and see how the theresa's faring with the tracking
The idea of everyone talking casually in a blood-stained room while two members of the group are still imprisoned in a nearby room is surreal.

>>I'mma let the gabrielle out myself

>everyone talking casually in a blood-stained room while two members of the group are still imprisoned in a nearby room
I can assure you that this has happened before.

>The idea of everyone talking casually in a blood-stained room while two members of the group are still imprisoned in a nearby room is surreal.
These girls live strange lives.

>writing

"Oh- umm-" I stammer, "I guess you're better suited to deal with this than I am, huh."
"A little bit, yeah," Charlotte nods. "What about you, are you holding up alright?"
"As well as I can be," I shrug. "I'm more worried about Gabrielle and Shary."
"Yeah..."

Charlotte runs a hand through my hair as she makes her way towards the bedroom door. Upon reaching it, she pulls at it a couple of times before finally getting fed up and just punching through the doorframe where the lock's holding it in place. I guess she really does not care about wrecking this place even further.

But it's not like it's my money so I'm going to keep my mouth shut.

>[1/?]

While she takes care of that, I walk back over to Theresa. She's still tapping on the tablet's screen, but it looks like she has a better hang of things than she did just a few minutes ago.

"Is it working?" I ask, peeking around her shoulder.
"...I think so," Theresa replies as she taps a few more things and pulls up a map. "Irene had a bunch of those GPS things linked to here, and they're all loaded into this menu..."

She points to a menu on the side of the map that lists a bunch of random-looking serial numbers.

"Those're all the ones she had, fifteen in all," Theresa says.
"Okay," I nod.
"She gave one to each of us, and pocketed the rest just in case..."

The map zooms into a super closeup display like you'd see on Google Maps or something. First it's this city, then downtown, then this particular block until it's got a really clear picture of the roof.

"There's five lights," I say, pointing to the cluster that's located on our location.
"Yeah..." Theresa nods. "Here, you hold him for a while so I can focus on this."

Suddenly I find myself holding a Loki.

>[2/?]

So one each for the five girls, well four and a half.

>[3/3]

"Okay..."

Theresa expands the map even further until the beacons on it are spread out to the point where you can pick out individual ones.

"There are two here..."

And then she walks a full circle around me.

"Okay, those are us," Theresa says.
"Okay?" I shrug.
"Which means that the other two are Charlotte and Gabrielle in the other room..."

She points at the bedroom, from which I can hear the sounds of loud sobbing. It's really hard to pull myself away from it to focus back on the task at hand, but I know Charlotte's taking care of things over there so I harden my heart and turn away.

"That leaves one more," I say.
"Yeah..." Theresa nods.

She takes a few steps before stopping dead in her tracks.

"It's..." she spins around so she's no longer facing it, "...it's over there."

And by "it," I mean the two severed legs that I've been blocking from vision this whole time.

>look for the beacon
>no need to do that

Surprised there wasn't 1 on Loki.

>no need to do that
It's the one Irene jammed in his leg wound.

What about the trackers she wanted to put on Facey? Never got around to it? Would have thought that would be the first thing she does. Expecting npcs to be competent, I know.

>Time to talk to Irene. Call her.

>>no need to do that

…Should have known that if I wanted to have trackers on Faceless I should have put in commands for CC to do that.

>>no need to do that

>writing

Suddenly, Irene's actions during the fight make perfect sense- when she dug her fingers into the holes that Shary gouged into Faceless's legs, it was to plant those GPS trackers inside. It was a pretty solid plan too, considering that trackers in clothing can be dumped along with said clothing while ones that are inside actual BODYPARTS aren't so easy to get rid of...

...though I guess we have an uncommon situation here.

"Irene jammed her fingers into the wounds on both of his legs," I say. "So even if he left the one right here, the one in the leg he still attached ought to still be there."
"Christ," Theresa grimaces. "Then that'd mean that the rest of the beacons are where Irene and Faceless actually are."
"Hopefully," I sigh.

>tracking with the theresa
>calling the irene
>checking on the gauthier sisters

>calling the irene
Why have I been convinced the cuts were at the waist up until now?

>calling the irene

>writing

"Well, uhh..." I reach into my pocket with my free hand, "...you keep on with that and I'm gonna call Irene."
"Y- yeah," Theresa nods repeatedly. "That sounds like the smart thing to do."

Moving to the kitchen where both the smell of blood and the sound of Gabrielle crying are a lot more faint, I pull up Irene's contact information and hit "send."

And then I wait.

"Hello?" Irene calls out on the other end of the line. "Who's calling?"
"Cecile," I reply.
"Oh!" she gasps. "Thank the Lord, I thought I wouldn't be able to get a hold of you until tomorrow! This is a different phone on the same line but all my contact information was lost when I switched, and..."

Hearing her voice clears away a lot of the unease I was feeling.

"...but I guess you called to ask about what happened," she says in a lot more serious tone of voice.
"Yeah," I nod. "We're all fine here, but your leg and his leg and all the blood..."

>[1/?]

>[2/2]

"Yeah, that was thanks to him trying to get away from that doll," Irene sighs. "He wasn't able to get away from me, though..."
"So you have him?" I ask. "He's caught?"
"He's dead," Irene replies. "And so is the 'me' that went with him."

>how do I respond?

>>how do I respond?
How? Also say sorry for having her suffer again.

How did it happen and where did he take you?

Once we're done talking we should hand the phone to Theresa.

>What happened?
>You're absolutely positive?
>Don't suppose you left a tooth 'round here anywhere?

Are you sure he's dead? Well, we're probably heading in to make double sure anyway.

We should make sure that leg is gone before we leave, either have Shary eat it or we vaporize it because if he's faked his own death we might as well get out of this situation with some permanent damage.

>writing

"Wha- for real!?" I exclaim. "How!?"
"Suffocation," Irene replies. "He went first and I followed not long afterwards."
"Oh God," I grimace. "You ended up dying horribly because of me AGAIN..."
"There's no need to beat yourself up," she sighs. "I got involved in all this of my own volition and neither of us had any way of knowing that that idiot's title was literal."
"Uh... what?"

I have no idea what she's talking about.

"Er, nevermind that," Irene says. "Just know that this wasn't any of your fault. Not my suffering, not his suffering, not the fact that we weren't able to capture him alive like I was hoping. Sometimes this stuff just happens."
"I guess so."

>ask the irene about ______
>time to give the phone to the theresa

>ask the irene about any teeth she has around here
Then
>time to give the phone to the theresa

>time to give the phone to the Theresa

>ask the irene about
Seriously tho what was his title?

Planes Drifter: [that which knows no boundary]

I thought it was something like that how is that literal? Unless he was getting handsy as he died.

Obviously he drifted from a plane. Or landed in outer space, or ascended to a higher plan

>>time to give the phone to the theresa

>writing

"I know you left an extra tooth with me," I say, "but that's at home and I-"
"That won't be a problem," Irene replies. "I planted a new instance of myself in your backyard before I left with Theresa."
"So you were -planning- on dying?" I ask.
"No, I was planning on capturing Faceless alive and that would necessitate my presence when we took him to a secure location. But then we both died and yeah..." she sighs.
"Sorry," I mumble.
"It's fine," she laughs. "He was just as much of an abomination as me so it's not like we both didn't deserve it."

That's a pretty horrible way of looking at things, but sure.

>[1/?]

>[2/2]

After it becomes clear that my constant apologies are getting kind of old, I ask Irene to hold so I can give the phone to her worried girlfriend. Returning to the scene of the carnage, I find Theresa still in the middle of messing around with that GPS program.

"Oh, Cecile?" she glances at me as I approach. "This is really weird, I can't-"
"Here," I hand her my phone. "It's Irene."

Theresa snatches the phone from my hand and immediately goes invisible.

>what shall I do now?

>what shall I do now?
"I CAN STILL TEASE YOU EVEN IF I CAN'T SEE YOU!"

also go check on Gabs

>>what shall I do now?
Check on your waifu and her sis and give them an update.

Man Gabrielle's probably freaking out about being snuck up on, that can't happen often.

My eyes are heavy and my head hurts and the sun's about to rise so I think that it's a good time to end this thread. This one went really well, with lots of activity and I even managed to have a decent writing pace once things started moving. Thanks for that.

The next thread will be on Monday night because why not.

and now questions

Will CC get her cactus back?