>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

>850

holy shit im old

Wait wh-
>850
W...
I've been here since #140 how is this possible.

You think that's bad, I've been here since before there was a jumpchain, I started back when it was a pokemon CYOA... Now I feel older than dirt.

I was there for that. I've said before that I've been Here since thread 3 or so. But that was because I didn't realize the thread was a thing. I followed the creation of the Pokemon CYOA a bit when it was being made.

So, I have a couple of questions about Dragonlance...

How does divine favor work in other jumps? For example, if I chose the Krynn god Gilean for Divine Favor, he needs me to help him out for a few things, but in subsequent jumps, do I still have to do stuff for Gilean to get the bonuses?

Can I take Incorporeal Undead + Deathknight?

pretty much what said. I imagine it being around the eighth of pick related.

>All this talk about being old.

Jumpers!
Do you ever take on an appearance that reflects your true age?

I'm over 14,000 years old thanks to hundred of jumps and Civilization being around 12,000 years long
My True Age would be Dust.
So no, I never take on the appearance of Dust.

But I do go around as a Mysterious Old Man or a Skeleton from time to time. Mostly for my own amusement.

If I did, I'd be a skeleton.

... so yes.
I did that in Nightmare Before Christmas.

Only when I put my dragon form on.

pretty much what said.

So i was browsing a friend's old setting materials (basically his scrapped settings for writing or drawing) and i found one that could make a good jump, bit I wanted to ask if it's frowned upon to make jumps like that. I've got all his notes and lore stuff.

No original stuff. It has to be something we can all look up and research. If you do that, you can just bullshit anything you want.

then make the jump!

Yes.
Looking like a badass old man is something I use to get respect as an old guy and blow away the enemy in order to get my foolish pupils to learn not to mess with old mysterious hooded men.

OC settings ARE possible, but the response has been that you need to be able to set out a huge amount of detail at the start to make up for there being no way to do indepedent research and you'll likely get put under a much harsher eye for criticism, especially towards whether you're doing this to get some OC broken stuff or whatever it is.

If you can handle the pressure and have enough good material and it'd be allowed as a jump normally and it's not just a fan setting for an existing setting or jump we have, I think you could make it work.

Terraria
ExpertMode+600 you'll note that this does not scale to me but rather the but rather make it harder things more difficult like in the game
Drop-In Free I hate this origin but I need the points
Rolling for location
Roll(1d8)+0:8,+0 Total:8 The Hallow& The Crimson never been to the hollow but the Crimson is never been to my kind of place
Guide sense -100 discounted for drop in forge God intensifies
delineated crafting -200 discounted for drop in holy crap it's full of stars!!!
Medium core -300 discounted for drop in Because sometimes all the stacked durability and regeneration in the multi-verse can't save you.
Luck of the Drop -400 considering my goal is to collect everything I'm going to need this.
frequent flyer miles -600 worlds of my own to farm in the future, worlds of my own to build upon, like say fitting 40 paragon resource generators in where no one can blow them up, I did the math this works as long as a As I leave the portal to the world open this shouldn't have any ill effects
Standard Starting Package Free for everyone gotta start somewhere...
LiquidGenerator Free for drop in I don't think I have any liquid off the top of my head, oh wait there is FMA red water and plant life.
#The plan: grind build grind and build get my blacksmith on and fight some bosses, it's actually kind of meditative and marks the end of my vacation, I'm focusing on acquiring the yo-yo's and summoning items especially the Tempest staff and deadly sphere staff along with the rainbow Crystal staff. And with an infinite amount of tries since I can make new worlds for hunting and grinding on this isn't a problem let's see how I do with this collecting thing -30 for ex collector minus another 20 from the new 10 chance perk Roll(1d100)-50:24,-50 Total:1 a very hard success but not a natural critical so it looks like I find everything I'm after in these 10 years.

Look here

And to say it again.
HELL NO.

I could post all his notes, i literally wouldnt be making anything other than the jump, but thanks for answering the question!.

Bancho says it is ok. A more convincing condemnation is hard to find.

Amen to that brother.

Really it depends what genre and how much detail you have.

If it's a setting that has a load of existing settings it - like the sort of fantasy worlds that make up most D&D universes - then maybe you're better off doing jumps of existing settings.

But if you have an absolute ton of detailed lore, and if there's something particularly unique about it and more importantly the characters within, that could work in its favour.

I have something like that. A few people do, I think. It's strictly forbidden from actual thread discussion, and is probably better to turn into a standard CYOA rather than a jump. If you feel like doing it, you should send me it when you're done and I'll probably include it in a private chain of some sort.

So, do it for you, if you want, but the thread is not the place for it.

>OC Broken stuff
It was pretty low-powered, being a post-apoc, but i can see why this would be a problem
I was trying to politely ask, i didnt post anything because i wanted to know if ir was allowed. It isnt like i tried to shit up the thread.
I can agree with this.

So no jump, then, which is fine. Let's not shit up the thread.

>I was trying to politely ask, i didnt post anything because i wanted to know if ir was allowed. It isnt like i tried to shit up the thread.
Fine.
But still this would be a shitstorm waiting to happen if you did try it, thus my reaction to it.

What type of setting is it?

While there may be jerks, assholes, grouchy mc grouch faces, sadistic assholes, etc in the multiverse
I believe that everyone has a little bit of goodness in them, even said assholes
So tell me what are the best perks to have to redeem persons of evil?

they only have one chance to prove that they can change if not, well one less asshole won't hurt anyone, right heh

I think Undertale has some of the best perks in that regard.

My favorite ones are Aggregate Impact Psychotherapy from Generic Magical Girl and Beacon of Hope from Kantai Collection.

Yes.

Undertale, Generic Western, Kantai Collection have good ones, Assassin's Creed has one that makes you good at making allies out of your enemies, and psychology perks like the ones from Worm and Franken Fran would help a lot

Redwall

I think Epicureanon had Divine Favor on a list of things to be cleared up on the next version of the jump among other updates

As for that other thing, I'm pretty sure that's actually what the canon character Lord Soth is.

Technically, yes.

Although being several kinds of immortal and all there's not as much of a difference from our "false" age as you'd think.

Naruto and Nanoha for converting the real hardasses provided you can manage a nonlethal takedown. Soul Eater for the ones which are evil because of being crazy. Persona or Heaven's Lost Property for the ones which are crazy because of being evil.

>I believe that everyone has a little bit of goodness in them, even said assholes

Oh boy.

You're going to have FUN when Exalted jump comes out.

Exalted jump? Wait what?

Babylon Guys working on it apparently

Funny thing about lightning - its flashes are measured in seconds, so nobody cares if it's been building up for two minutes or two hundred years (somehow).

I did for awhile but then I got older and older and older.

Now I settle for a fairly generic age where people don't think of me as a kid or an old man. Barring Jumps where thats the whole point mind you.

Undertale actually has no perks for redemption whatsoever. There are lots of good ones for ending a fight, and for helping fix someone who is interested in being helped, but none for that crucial step of actually getting the redemptive process started.

What equipment does Carwyn the Warlock from LoT come with? She/He seems to be missing any sort of weapon/armor.

Hey SMTanon a question
World of Chaos ,“World of Law” and “The End” really seem more like scenarios both mechanically and stylistically which are usually calculated separately for their points then drawbacks since they require you to do things of various difficulty and are even mutually exclusive mechanically like scenarios would be, was this a balance thing so you couldn't get 600 points from a scenario and another 800 from drawbacks or was it an oversight/stylistic choice?

Then that's exactly what s/he comes with.

I always see Infamous taken early in builds, yet it's basically early cyberpunk+superpowered assholes, right? Doesn't sound really safe. Is it just the ridiculously cheap Regen and Durability perks that drives people to it?

Anyone know any good anti-divine/godslaying perks?

If It Bleeds from 80s Action Movie.

In the LoT dlc 4 - Lords of the Iron Line I rolled A visit from the Waifu. So do i roll on the mutations table in the Warhammer Fantasy - Dogs of War or where do i find out what I receive?

Yeah, basically. Extremely cheap survivability perks plus a free, useful, broad superpower that improves perpetually the longer you use it.

>perpetually
False. Eventually caps out and requires artificial boosting to grow more.

I think that's what most people do

It's not really all that cyberpunk-y, but it's superpowered assholes, yeah.

It just has really cheap, good perks, and you're one of the superpowered assholes too, soo...

Thanks.

It's probably also because:
a. it's an imaged jump
b. a QS jump, and
c. in the same pdf file as pokemon, right after the warehouse.

So it's pretty safe to say a fair few chains go Pokemon > Warehouse & Body mod > Infamous.

IIRC they also have a similar on in banner saga

Sort of. There is a perk in the Valkyrie Profile jump that let's you transform objects into anti-divine weapons.

Groovy, thanks jumpanon

some good ones are also Q this and the one in TTGL that allows you to punch them

'Citation needed'

Prove why they have infinite growth first. Solid proof, not Cole getting stronger over years/decades of off camera time, all of which he could have spent nomming blast cores (How he grows at all during the second game).

Funnily enough, apparently 'normal' conduits can't get power from blast shards. Only weird ones like Cole or Delsin can, Augustine got nothing when she tried.

I think the weird ones have something to do with being able to absorb energy on a fundamental level, not just emit weird biological stuff or drain a specific element like ice. Cole can siphon the electriity out of people-and whether he power transfers with Nix or Kuo, he's the only one who gets additional powers. Delsin's real Conduit power is being a kind of sponge.

I dunno, there's nothing on this in canon to prove it's any more than a gameplay mechanic but all the "weird" ones so far seem to have advanced siphoning abilities

Cole was also a sponge. He had less opportunities to absorb powers like Delsin did.

Not like Delsin; Delsin literally sucks powers out of people on touch, didn't even have an active Conduit power until he bumped into the convict guy. Cole got electricity first, and the knack of siphoning stuff way after he first got his powers

You rolled a 3 and a 7 with 2d6? This ain't Discworld boyo.

Well, Cole got electrocuted first.

Only to psychic entities that attempt to pierce the veils of my minds.
Sometimes I just let them get a glimpse of my gathered insight, just to see how they react.
Miss Martian's reaction was far cuter than her 'uncle's.

So how did she react then?

Mild existential panic.
Manhunter didn't give a shit.
Both of them believed my cover 'story' that I was an extradimensional demon that was willing to work under contract.
Because I was.

What jumpe settings have time-travel powers outside of D&D?

Not many because of how fucked it is, but just go to Sburb and become a Something of Time.

And what is it with the recent surge on "time travel popularity." Every god damn setting with it's been a disaster in one form or another.

For those following Game of Thrones, it's clear at this point the plot...deciedly off-kilter from what it is in the books

The Night's King isn't a legend, he's the overlord of the Oth-er, the White Walkers. He just killed the three eyed raven this very episode

The Children apparently own plasma grenades. And they're all dead now because of Bran's stupid daydream

Lady Stoneheart isn't a thing. But Jon Snow's been ressurected, Melisandre thinks he's the real champion of R'hilor and Stannis is apparently dead as opposed to being last seen alive in the books

What I'm asking is-for the purposes of ASOIAF jump can you choose whether you're jumping the books or show?

>Manhunter didn't give a shit.
This weirdly amuses me more than the slight freak out.

I wonder, how many times to jumpers just lay out their whole deal to people and get the reaction, "That's great, you want a fucking prize? I've got shit to do today."

Hey, /jc/, has that ever happened to you?
Did someone ever just not give a shit about who you were?

Being a Time player in Sburb is the one that immediately comes to mind. It's pretty shitty time travel though, I don't think you can really change anything and it's way too easy to make a paradox and kill yourself.

>47403742
>Being a Time player in Sburb is the one that immediately comes to mind. It's pretty shitty time travel though, I don't think you can really change anything and it's way too easy to make a paradox and kill yourself.

Yeah but that's only because of local metaphysics rather than anything that's specifically rooted in the nature of their time travel powers and it doesn't say that the local metaphysics come with you like the Phoenix gate does.

>What I'm asking is-for the purposes of ASOIAF jump can you choose whether you're jumping the books or show?

Antepenultimate note, last page.
>Should you choose to start in the era in which the TV show takes place you can use TV show continuity rather than the books. A lot of it doesn’t make as much sense though and you should feel bad.

Chrono Trigger. Sort of. It only works in settings where time travel is a thing, but if you're in one, it has some cool shit.

Their time travel does not suddenly work different because you're somewhere else. If anything, it's more constrained if you look at the notes.

>This weirdly amuses me more than the slight freak out.
Exactly. Not as cute, but entertainment of the highest quality. You get to crazy multiverse settings like the cape lands, and people just go, "Grats, you're not a noob."

A pretty decent chunk of the family members I get through origins tend to be surprisingly cool with it, though they do end up pestering me to help them with mundane stuff.

A more memorable instance was when I was a Half-blood in Harry Potter. My magic parent was shocked and didn't really know how to respond, but my muggle parent just accepted it and moved on. I guess having your perception of reality shattered once makes it easier to cope when stuff like that happens again.

there is a notes section? I must have an old version could you post the version you have?

Also how badly do you think a night of space could mess up topography?

Aside from using the Spyro supplement, what are the best ways of becoming huge?

There's a pretty extensive notes section in the one on the drive, with a section on timetravel. Here it is through.

Probably less messing it up, and more turning it to their advantage. You might be able to do some spatial manipulation or shrinking/growing tricks through.

The mask from Sky Cooper increases your size by twelve times.

Become a swarm and start consuming.

That mask says two dozen times.

Does the Heir(ess) perk from archer continue on to other jumps? Like do I become the heir to billions each jump or is it a one time thing, I'm confused on that cause it's a perk.

Yes.

To be sure, complete the Monopoly gauntlet first. It lets you keep your money between jumps, and has a bunch of other cool perks.

Tet. Admittedly NGNL was pretty early, around jump 90something but the Ten Pledges do tend to make people a lot more chilled out.

Also we once met Burgerpants and asked him if he was concerned about serving an anomaly from beyond time and space.

He just thanked us for making his day more interesting.

And during SCP turns out the Serpent's Hand aka the Wanderer's Library already knew about us, as a fellow Librarian of Time and Space. They weren't very happy with us because we were backing the Foundation, but technically we hadn't broken any library rules. Eventually we came to an arrangement where they'd stop trying to free certain SCPs and we'd hand over some of the book SCPs the Foundation wasn't doing a good job of containing.

Not him, but

>Aidan Gillen overacting like crazy as Littlefinger, and apparently being able to teleport
>Daenerys "Where are my dragons?!" Targaeryn just sort of blundering through city after city
>SAND SNAKES
>Stannis routed by Ramsay Bolten and Sir Twenty of House Goodmen; Ramsay's absurd plot armor in general
>The FOOKIN LEGEND of Gin Alley

Jumping GoT is mainly worth it because of the unintentional hilarity.

You talking about shows and stuff in general, or jumps? I don't think time travel's that prevalent this season?

Well, other than Chrono Trigger Supernatural, Blazblue, potentially Buffy and Discworld. FF13-1/2/3, MOTHER, Bastion, Drakengard, Madoka and Megas XLR if we're counting machinery

That said most of it isn't offered directly as perks or items, is quite hard to acquire and is even harder to use well without it blowing up in your face.

Fuckhuge Robot Mode:
Take any racial option that allows you to add tech to upgrade your altform. Foggernauts from Wakfu or Robots from Futurama come to mind. The idea is to be able to count added tech as your "body".
For simplicity/integration's sake, probably go ahead and grab that one Cylon perk from Battlestar Galactica that allows you to merge with tech as well, which allows you to easily control any machine you merge with as if it were your own body.
Goto Sins of a Solar Empire, and go Vasari so you can gain access to their matter converting nanobots, which allow you to convert matter directly into usable machines.

You are done.
Have your nanobots eat things to fuel your growth. There is no upper size limit other than how many planets you are willing to consume.
Probably pick up that "I know how to build working megastructures" perk from BIOMEGA as well, because you're sure gonna need it.
Or maybe just go ahead and merge with the Light of Terra, I dunno. Whatever boats your float.

There was a time when people used to just be kaiju from Pacific Rim, but I guess that's old hat now.

Human Kaiju hybrid in pacific rim.

Would The Idiot Magician is your Friend disable a Spirit's natural shape shifting powers in Bartimaeus?

About the only thing as old as me are Black Holes and other certain kinds of elderly stars. So since I am also a star, I suppose yes, I do.

I backspaced just before the '+1000CP' on the eldar drive pdf, so it's not taking another entire page.

Not sure why it's there in the first place, but there ya go

What Jumps made you that old?

Related to this, what are the best money perks and items?

I know she's practically Superboy's waifu, but did anyone "steal" her?

She's a horrible cunt, so nope.

This I also imagine plundering the titular Treasure Horrible would be pretty profitable.

*Treasure Planet

As much as I like that idea, no matter how androgynous they are, I think you would be able to tell their gender if that was all the “armor” the xeno had.

I wonder what perks would be good for a nudist jumper?

Naw, I'm already married.