Mecha Space Pirate Quest 22.5

Welcome back, to Mecha Space Pirate Quest, Chapter 22.5.

This is a continuation thread from You've just finished taking the arms off Mohammed's Master Harpy, which by the word of Oda Yoritomo makes him your prisoner. The heavily customized Morgan II regards your battle steadily from behind its titanium-alloy mempo, presumably giving advice or life lessons to Mohammed.

Finally, however, it nods and opens up comms with you, "SHONEN! Well done! Sugoi indeed! It's a shame, I was hoping to take your machine for myself and imbue it with warrior spirit." He sighs sadly, "Still, it isn't a complete loss."

He sits his mech down cross-legged on the Yamato's bow, "You have a very pure stance for a member of the same organization that destroyed Suleiman 1." His tone is deadly serious.

>[Wait, what!?]

Wait, What?!

Oh shit, here comes the info drop that will cause shit to happen.

> Wait, what!?

>The fuck you say to me you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class, UCJDIF SOUL Project. I haven't actually killed anyone...

Seriously, though, the fuck is he talking about? Pirates like him did that shit.

>and imbue it with warrior spirit
Well that brought to mind some rather disturbing images.

>[Wait, what!?]
Yeah, well, both of our organizations seem to think the other did it and only one of us is a bunch of pirates.

Also, I can't stress enough how ridiculous it is reading Oda's lines in Shaq's voice.

Remember the Rhinehawk and Yamato just don't have the firepower to slag a Colony.

>rather disturbing images.
OF COURSE!

samurai helmets don't go with our mecha!

>pirates like him
>like
>meaning people who are also pirates as he is but not specifically him

Bruh.

Ok.. ok, hold up. Before we go for the drama bombs that could clean mars of ANOTHER green man invasion, can we do so in a place thats not space? We are willing to negotiate Moe's return for safety and a place for negotiation.

Also, call the Jaburo, make sure everything is alright. Don't want a sudden table turn or anything.

That we know of. There might've been another ship that did it, as well.

That's why I'm asking. If they're fully automated however, they shouldn't.

Roarke doesn't use guns, but a pait of automated subarms firing guns as he approaches, or covering as grapples someone would be fairly useful.
Could also use them to hold two shields out infront of him as he approaches too.

Yeaaa...mental image of a naked sweaty yoritomo imbuing the swordfish mkii...just traumatized me.

Indeed it is funny. What's not was this abomination.
Nah man this shit was messed up

We'd probably just give him two more punching arms honestly. With more Grapple-chans.

I meant he doesn't use them because of his ideology

I was pretty sure he didn't use guns because he has literally 0 in mecha gunnery. He'd probably be a bigger threat to himself than others.

Same.

He chooses not to use guns. He's all about the purity of unarmed combat. Like Bison in the street fighter movie.

That thing which he could have trained instead of using his fists exclusively.

He doesn't use guns because they don't feel right to him.

And he has that zero because he didn't want to use guns because of

"What!?" You point your lance at the Osano-Wo, "I'm still in perfect shape to fight. Get up and say that again."

"I'm not kidding, nii-chan. I don't expect you to know anything about it, but...it's true." You can hear the seriousness in the Japanophile's voice.

You're ready to paste him across his gaudy cruiser too, "The UJCIDF would never do anything like that. Especially not to one of our own facilities. We're the United Jovian Colonies Independent DEFENSE FORCE. Even Admiral Starwind said it was the Green Skulls, what are you talking about?"

The Captain shakes his mech's head, "Shit shonen, you're not thinking straight. Doesn't it seem weird that I'd invite you out into space, well away from my people or yours, to talk to you like this? It's to ensure nobody else from your side is listening in. Don't trust anybody right now."

>[Listen to this nonsense]
>[AVE CAESAR TWO HOSTAGES GO!]

>>[AVE CAESAR TWO HOSTAGES GO!]
It's not like he's sitting on a starship. We can do this.

We do look up to him sort of, lets give him a chance and if we don't like it them
>[AVE CAESAR TWO HOSTAGES GO!]

>[Listen and then kick his ass!]

>nii-chan

Oh come on, Oda! You know Caesar isn't older than you! Shame!

Calm thy head. Mission comes first and you are not screwing this up because of shit talking. you are better than that.

We did have some strange saboteur trying to fuck up the negotiations...

>>[Listen to this nonsense]

we know the stats of the mech, we know who is pilotin gthe mech, and he miiiiiiight be right. after all there was someone trying to sabotage us.

>>[AVE CAESAR TWO HOSTAGES GO!]

ay b0ss fuck you mang

We're the goddamn hero, not you.

Listen. We are an Oda fanboy. This is totally different from his normal behavior.

On the one hand, crazy pirate spouting conspiracy theories about our superior sblowing up our own facilites.

On the other hand, demonstrated acts of sabotage by fellow members of the UJCIDF during a high-stakes negotiation.

>>[Listen to this nonsense]

But user we're not Jesus. If Jesus is involved in any way he will always steal the spotlight
and

Heroes don't need a spotlight. They just need to do what is right.

Jesus is a megalomaniac. He's also a total prick.

You know the scary thing? Jesus can probably tell he isn't lying. He'll just ignore that because of lacus.

Remember, always ask "what would Jesus do?", and then do the opposite

>well away from my people
Oda, you are literally sitting on your starship.

Never know whose a spy, or a pirate willing to sell out his friends for money and asylum

So just the Space Jews then?

Just because your sense motive is maxed out, doesn't mean your common sense motive is.

Technnically, he wouldn't be the one using the guns, so it wouldn't sully his pure weeaboo spirit.

But if you guys are going to cry about it, subarm shields would be fairly effective as well.

If it wasn't for that earlier bit of shenanigans with the comms, you'd charge him and find out his story in an interrogation cell. However, there's always the chance of other saboteurs back at the Jaburo.

"I'm listening. For now." You deactivate your lance and land on the starship, pinning Mohammed's downed mech against the hull with the point of your weapon gently enough not to skewer it but with enough force to stop it from just floating free.

"Right. You don't think it's kowaii, ototo, everything that's been going on? Wasn't us who blew up the colony, and if the Green Skulls could get there right after we left, why didn't they come sooner and not get two of their ships torn to confetti scrap amidst the glorious hanabi of the mighty Yamato's missile bays? Or that the Cincinnatus wasn't dispatched sooner? What possible reason could there be to let a colony be attacked by pirates and do nothing?"

>[Well?]

just like*

>Fuck Flay
My brain says no but my dick says yes.

It was a good idea user it just doesn't fit with his character and theres no reason that he would make that change

...go on. There are some things that don't make since with the story that I've noticed.
Mention how much firepower is needed to take down a colony.

Either he trusts them and is referring to everyone on Auditorium, or they're marathoning the eventual complete Berserk anime again and not listening in.

In any just future, Berserk is eventually completed and has a truly jaw-droppingly good anime.

>Berserk is eventually completed
Now i know you're lying. They're never getting off the ship.

This is why Mohammed needs to be on the Jaburo. If Caesar did it Naomi would throatkick her to death.

The fact that Berserk ended is the least believable thing in this quest

Dude where have you been. they actually got off the boat like last November.

Obviously our superiors were using that time to gather intel and prepare the SOUL Squadrons for their first live-fire trial as a full unit!

But they're already off the boat?

First, how do i even know that is how events played out? The only footage of your fighting is from your own ship and thus suspect.
Second, I don't know how long the Cincinnatus stayed at california station after it got word of the attack on suleiman 1. That's way above my pay grade.
Third, what possibly reason would the UJICDF have for destroying one of our own colonies? Who do you think would even follow such an insane order?

>theres no reason that he would make that change
Projectile Interception, Approaching, Withdrawing, Point Area Defense. Even the God Gundam had machine cannons and we're not exactly at the point where we can shoot lasers from our hands powered by Kung Fu yet.

Logically, could be gathering forces to make a stronger push. It's not a nice thought but if that green thing we noticed was there, a concentrated effort would likely have been better than piecemeal. The combined forces of Two Wels could have taken them down, but that seems more like bureaucratic shenanigans.

Thats sort of the problem with us. We aren't high up and don't know what they are thinking. They could be thinking this way, but we don't know for sure and if we went at them without proof, it would just make things worse for everyone.

In short, we need proof or something for that sort of thing. I can agree with being cautious though.

There's no way....
>checks
Holy shit.

I just think its gonna take a big event to chance his perception on this, if theres a way to do it and keep true to the character then its fine

just for you user

Don't worry the only way to get off an island is by boat

another 7 year wait.

It's ideological.

Sure, he can see WHY it would be a GOOD idea. He just won't do it because it goes against his morals.

Miura is just trolling us. He gives us a little bit of hope he'll finish before he dies but we all know it's just a lie.

"Go on." You tap the lance on the Master Harpy as you listen, "But it's obvious our superiors were using that time to gather intel and prepare the SOUL squadrons for their first live-fire trial as a full unit. The only footage we have is from your faction in the first place, and I don't know how long the Cincinnatus stayed in place after it got word, that's way, way above my pay grade. Finally, why? Why would we do that? WHO would do it? It had to have been that we wanted to make a stronger push."

The pirate Captain gets up, "Think harder. That ship sat there for at least a week, maybe more. If the UJCIDF thinks one Wels can handle Auditorium and the Iron Kestrels, myself included...why wouldn't it have been able to handle Suleiman with weaker ships and thousands of UJCIDF nakama at stake instead of just one? Even without the footage, a pair of cruisers just can't dust a colony like that. You'd need something bigger, and if we had it we'd be pointing it at your ship and telling you to make like a baka and fuck off. As for why, well, because it has people joining the UJCIDF. Seen a lot of new recruits lately? I bet money's coming in, too, lots of fancy new mecha for you. Someone in your brass has to benefit, can you think of anyone?"

>[Any further rebuttals?]

Eh, I just hope Morals don't get people killed. Missile Spam is a big problem for us, especially and I'm worried we'll hit a point where someone with Itano everything and we'll lose someone because we couldn't intercept any.

>Seen a lot of new recruits lately?
Wasn't that because of the interview? Something about new recruits hoping they could be captured by Starwind?

Someone already statted a shield that makes us all but immune to ranged attacks in the last thread.

Fist drones can have some decent range on them. It would probably be easier than training up Mecha Gunnery from 0.

Quick to GYchan /pol/ to see if anybody high up on the command chain owns military industries. and may or may not be Jewish.

and what caused that interview.....?

A more fundamental question is what you think i could do even if this was all true. Let's pretend I believe the word of a pirate over my own superiors. What do you see coming of this?

When did Oda get so much int and cool?

Wait, is Red Siren telling him what to say through an earpiece?

The UJCIDF is being sponsored by the many prestigious families in this system. I'm the son of a war hero, even if he never gave me permission to join. The General was given a new ship but that's to be expected when my squad is making new achievements that can garner more support from headquarters.

Oda is a merchant's son. The guy is savvy as fuck when it comes to info. Not to mention you don't become a leader of men without being smart.

>The weeb secretly has a competent side
This gives me hope for Hatsheput

>hope
>not fear
Once a zabi, always a zabi.

Well, character wise there was one person who seemed the most upset by the news that it caused her to scream through the wall. The other guy wanted nothing to do with the power. So.. that would be Fairchild.

As for the recruits, there were likely many who were rallied other than by Starwind- shit, I think I see the double meaning there. Yeah, Starwind would likely draw girls, but boys too who'd be mad. Also those who'd want glory over a big name. The impact wouldn't be the same.

Still, you are asking a low grunt with family ties to what, defect right now? We have friends on board and there is no point in sullying our name so fast. These are words to think of though, but there is always the possibility of a join operation on the green skulls. If they are dealt with, it should allow for clearer heads, right?

(my naive pilot thought patterns are shiiiit)

she's competent. remember that she kept the logs of all the ship in order.

That just means she's anal. Competent we have yet to see.

I think Oda's just putting the idea that somethings not on the level within the military and we should be on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary.

"The UJCIDF is being sponsored by the many prestigious families in this system. I'm the son of a war hero, even if he never gave me permission to join. The General was given a new ship but that's to be expected when my squad is making new achievements that can garner more support from headquarters."

"Oro? What have you achieved? I mean, word is someone soloed the Stone Soldiers, but the Admiral thinks it was someone in B."

"W-W-well I've achieved lots of stuff." You stammer. Although, really, not much of it has been in your mech, "Let's pretend I believed you." You start again.

"I'm good at pretending, otoko, so that's fine." Yoritomo responds.

"What do you see coming of this? I don't have any proof of anything and neither do you." You're getting annoyed, but there have been some odd discrepancies.

"True. But now you can keep your eyes open. Notice what's wrong. Act when you have to. You are, like you said, Rudolph Merrow's son. He saved a lot of people, I don't think he'd raise a bad seed, so I can take the risk here. Besides, I know most of the UJCIDF are just good people who disapprove of what I do, that's fine. That's cool."

"I'm not joining your crew, if that's what you're expecting." You point the lance at Oda again.

He holds his hands up, "Nah, otoko. I don't want that either. Stay with yours, watch out for anything sneaky. See if you can let my arrogant pupil here talk to Samantha-chan's older brother while he's in your care." He stands up, "Take care, kouhai."

As he and the Yamato pull back, you feel something you can't see bump momentarily against the side of your mech. Creepy, but you're sure it has to be a sensor error of some kind.

[Continued]

Oh shit what's Sam doing?

Looks like Sam would have fucked us up

>"I'm good at pretending, otoko, so that's fine." Yoritomo responds.

God dammit

>"I'm good at pretending, otoko, so that's fine." Yoritomo responds.

how the fuck do you make a character this entertaining?

You know, it's scary when you see the competant side of these sort of people. Sam being ready to stealth shiv us, Oda being a cool intellectual... what's next Jesus being a ma-hahah!

Bet you that's not sam. That's another UJCIDF stealth mech planting a stealth bomb on the kingfisher.

Kira DOES snipe shit gud.
If we fight him, everybody in a non-ace mecha just fucks off or dies to beamspam instantly.

The betta doesn't have enough gun to really hurt us from stealth.

I bet you it was a new mecha Karen designed just so she could prove she could.

Just like how she is trying to design the improved officer's armor like she said she would on GYchan.

S-Betta was the only one with the stealth drive though, That's why the General ordered us out here for. Though if it is another mech planting a bomb on us, I'm pretty sure Caesar's got enough luck to pull through.

What is this gun obsession? The Betta can stunlock us in melee.

Nah, the bomb will go off once we're back in the hangar. It'll be a nuke.

fuck it, I'm about to crash. Try not to get Caesar or anybody important killed guys.

>not getting the reference
educate yourself you fucking casual

>Western comics

Why don't I go get a degree in women's studies and paint my hair purple while I'm at it?

Jesus approves of your life choices.