TANKS STRONK edition

TANKS STRONK edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Looking_for_advice
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Demiurg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How good is path to glory? Is it worth playing?

Second post for ork lads

>Goddammit everytime

The guy is using a book for a footstool

Who the fuck uses books for footstools?

A total tool, that's who.

Are there any differences between the Necron dynasties besides color

As much as there are between different marine chapters.

The symbol on their head

Levels of insanity, how they treat Flayed Ones, whether or not they use Deathmarks...

They don't have as varied history as say, Marine Chapters, but they still have defining traits.

I think it was the artist's way to symbolize the reliance on their codex. :^)

It's not like codexes go into lengths to tell you how each dynasty is super special and how each Lord has his own brand of wackiness.

Has anyone ever used the Psykana division formation? How effective was it? I just ordered to models to try it out in order to spice up my 1500 pt build.

In line with TANKS STRONK:

I have 320pts left in my 1750pt guard list and I want two Leman Russes. My original idea wasn't exactly what I wanted (and generated a lot of discussion last thread). I have plenty of anti-infantry and anti-tank, so there isn't a specific role they're required for, I just want two Russes because they're tough as nails and cool as fuck.

My thoughts on various combinations are:

LRBT + LR Demolisher (Both stock)

2x Eradicator, both with Multimelta Sponsons and Lascannons

Executioner (Stock), Eradicator (Plasma Sponsons)

2x Punisher (Heavy Bolter Sponsons)

Demolisher (Stock), Eradicator (Plasma Sponsons)

I think that's the limit of what I'd want to run - I don't like Vanquishers on BS3 platforms.

>Roll on Daemonology
>Remember to bring tear cup
>Summon D-thirsters thanks to new FAQ

How well do Haemonculus Covens play out? I need a bunch of the Wrack helmets for conversions and I've always wanted to paint up a Deldar force, so here's the excuse.

Are they good? Or, are they bad enough that it's kosher to ally in some broken eldar shit?

>TANKS STRONK
H- How is my 1850 Armoured Battlegroup list?

Covens are good for leadership debuffs (Although corpsethief claw is good alone).

People take Grotesqueries or a scalpel squadron for null deploy lists, and thats about all it's good for

Thanks for including the information on what a searchlight does 7 times over. That was very helpful, and made reading the list much easier.

Sorry, forgot to switch to the lite version.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics#Looking_for_advice

Presumably substantially more. Space marine chapters are purely millitary organisations with strong conditioning involved to make everyone in the chapter have similar attitudes and opinions.

Necron dynasties were entire kingdoms, and are likely as different as any two randomly selected human countries.

The issue is that Necrons are not a heavily focused on faction, and Space Marines are the most focused on faction by a long shot. There's therefore a lot of material detailing different marine chapters, and for the most part a few paragraphs on Necron dynasties.

Posting excerpts from the new Red Path series story. "ABADDON DENIED". Spoilering due to request.

The drop ships faced each other over a distance of less than four hundred metres, engines roaring and noses swaying as the Thunderhawks maintained their positions above the ground. Their dangerous proximity had been dictated by the only suitable clearing in a continent otherwise covered by an unbroken forest of massive trees that had grown on and through the ruins of some ancient civilisation. The ships’ guns were aimed directly at each other, activated and ready to fire. Both parties knew it, and both parties expected it. At such a short range, the destruction would be near-total on both sides so, under the comforting stalemate offered by mutually assured destruction, one hundred servants of Khorne faced each other.

To Khârn, none of this mattered. His focus was on the upstart walking towards him, pistol and blade drawn, resplendent in the ornate armour of the Hounds of Abaddon. Lined up in their neat rows, brass highlights glinting in the sun, the Hounds made a mockery of the glory of Khorne. Anger flared in Khârn’s chest but he resisted the temptation to draw Gorechild and charge into them before a word had been spoken, cutting them down and serving their skulls as a gift to the Blood God. He still did not know which way the Red Path was turning, so he would have to be patient for a few moments longer.

Locq came to a stop a few paces away from Khârn and waited for his two lieutenants to flank him. He holstered his weapons, removed his battle-scarred helmet and, reaching sideways, gave it to one of his followers without turning. After studying the wide, flat face of Locq for a few long seconds, Khârn accepted the gesture and did the same, tossing his helmet to Lukosz.

‘I bring a message from the great Warmaster Abaddon.’

Locq shouted the words so that everyone could hear them. His voice echoed off the enormous trunks surrounding the impenetrable foundations on which they stood, worn smooth by aeons of rain and wind. Khârn’s contempt turned to loathing. Was he supposed to fall to his knees in terror at the name of Abaddon? To gibber and weep like a child? If this herald was expecting a reaction from Khârn, he would receive none, other than a sneer of derision.

Khârn folded his arms and waited. Whatever Locq had to say, he had travelled a long way to do it. The trouble Locq had gone to and the fact he had not attacked them on first sight meant it had to be Khorne’s will that they were now facing each other. Khârn stared at the so-called captain. Finally, Locq spoke again.

‘He commands you to his presence, and you must heed the call.’

The words hung in the cool forest air. Khârn continued to stare, impassive. Locq raised his head slightly and looked down his nose at the Chosen of Khorne as if to demand his acknowledgement. Such posturing only served to aggravate Khârn. Lukosz clearly shared the feeling, muttering an oath and reaching for his chainsword. The resulting rattle of gauntlets from Locq’s forces came immediately, swiftly followed by the readying of bolters and chainswords from Khârn’s warband behind him. Locq dropped his chin and went for his own chainsword, but Khârn raised his right arm, slowly, into the air. There was a telling pause but, eventually, Khârn heard weapons lowered. All throughout, Khârn kept his gaze on Locq, looking for something more in his eyes.

‘Why?’

Locq shook his head slightly at Khârn’s question. Locq’s warriors shifted slightly. It was obvious they were just as interested in the answer. Intriguing.

Well only the upper crust of necron society has any freedom from the obedience protocols, so it's somewhat limited as well.

‘I do not question my master’s command, berzerker. Neither should you.’

Khârn snorted and took a step forward. Locq’s seconds responded by moving closer to their captain, weapons raised. Khârn ignored them.

‘You cannot answer my question because you do not know, do you?’

He had seen the faces of opponents at close quarters on countless occasions, and he could read the battle raging inside Locq for control of his anger. Locq lost.

‘You will accompany me back to the Malevolent Shade without further hesitation. Abaddon–’

‘Abaddon!’

The ferocity with which Khârn roared the name back at Locq was a perfect match for the look of absolute contempt on his face. Spittle landed on Locq’s face, and as he wiped it off with one hand, Khârn noticed his other had gone to the hilt of his chainsword. Khârn looked up and over the head of the captain, and raised his voice even louder.

‘Who is this so-called “Warmaster” compared to the Blood God? Why do you give your allegiance to him?’

Khârn looked from one end of the line of Hounds to the other, staring at each and every one of them in turn. He could not read their faces, but he could tell from the way they moved that his words had found their mark. Khârn opened his arms and turned around in a slow circle as he continued, encompassing everything that surrounded him from the centre of the clearing.

‘We fight to honour Khorne, and Khorne alone. You claim to do the same, but ask yourself this – what glory has Abaddon sent you to here? How are you serving the Blood God? You are not. You are in the thrall of one who thinks himself a god, but is a pretender.’

How often do you think Calgar (or whatever his name is) gets startled by people talking to him from his side or back?

Lads, is an Ad Mech army truly viable? Like can the Skitarii and Cult win tournament level games? What is their power level.

I really wanna sink a couple hundo into an army but I actually want to play and have a chance to win.

Khârn had turned full circle, past his own impatient warband, past Lukosz and then back to Locq who, by now, was trembling with rage.

‘You and your entire Legion are nothing more than inferior, dishonourable filth.’

Khârn could hear the muttering of oaths from the Black Legion ranks. His gaze settled on Locq’s left pauldron. On it was displayed the eight-pointed star of Chaos, the brass symbol in stark relief to the red inlay. Khârn returned to his vision, of the skulls with the same symbol etched into them. They had not urged him down the flowing river of blood, not shown him the way in which to go. No. They had been swarming all around him, swooping and threatening him, targets to be broken and smashed.

That was the Red Path.

What is more of an investment for the Imperium?

A single marine, or a Leman Russ Battle Tank?

I want to play a combined detachment of forge world mechanicum and Skitarii in the same list, for a sort of fluffy full-mechanicum army with the neat 30k robots. Would you allow me to ally a 30k Taghmata red book list with 40k Skitarii assuming everything else is kosher?

>obedience protocols,

Some times I wonder if you guys bother with the fluff.

The Necron plebs were lobotomized. Even if they aren't programmed to obey, they would be nigh-mindless mechanical corpses.

This might seem like a play of semantics but with the existence of (picture related) as an exception, it must be said.

Marine.

There are billions of tanks and only 1 million marines. The Admech would see it differently though me thinks.

A guardsman.

Last I read is that they're below Eldar, Tau and possibly SM, but above pretty much everyone else.

Taking Skittles/AdMech + AM allies for metalboxes seems to be a good combo.

If it's the vanilla Russ then def. a single SM.

A Leman Russ
but with the "battle tank"

>Kharn calling somebody dishonorable

Hello pot.

They need a delivery system, especially the skitarii.

With the draft FAQ throwing a Spanned in that I'd hold off to see the final version of the FAQ and if it hasn't changed then you'll want to wait for the rumoured ad mech update which is supposed to include transports.

Do you already own Chaos models? Is your group willing to limit their selections and add in homebrew?

>using Malific Daemonology as a non-Chaos faction
Worse than CarMax tier. You can go forge your narrative somewhere else.

What's the best troop-level daemon to summon? I'm running Guard so I'm really terrible at melee currently.

Oh, well what would I need to get with them to make them viable, allies-wise.

Chimeras? and any idea what will be in the update and when it'll come out?

I'd be down for that. I can dig the theme.

>just did some major space clearing of all armies thanks to new apartment move.
>this includes most of my nids
>Swarmlord included, spent some time getting him looking nice too
>he sells for full price and then some on ebay, so that's a confidence boost
>still bummer that he's gone
>get message once package arrives to buyer
>"oh my god it's awesome! very satisfied and will certainly fit in with my first army"

Knowing he's off with someone good warms the heart. Fight on swarmlord.

What are the price hikes like for those that aren't from the UK? I was just looking at Grey Knights prices and they're a good 25% more costly if you buy it in Aussie dollarydoos after currency conversion.

Didn't get any bites last thread so I'll ask here

Any tips on improving this 1850 Ork list? The formation seems amazing for approaching gun line lists which light me up constantly.

Wagon 1 - tankbustas
Wagon 2 - shoota boyz
Wagon 3 - shoota boyz
Wagon 4 - ard boyz with boss
Wagon 5 - ard case with killkannon

At this point the killkannon is out of novelty, should I just trade it out for another blob of boys? Or maybe put the lootas in it?

>It's a Kharn kills more of the old War Hounds episode
Like i said in the last thread - Kharn doesn't care anything except killing his whole Legion off. He's sick of what they become and the only way they should kill him off it by mortally wounding Angron @ the 2nd Siege of Terra

I'm not an ork player, but what is the advantage of taking shoota boyz over slugga boyz if you are presumably going for the charge?

but the problem here is that'd make for an interesting story.

Shame i don't write for BL
:^)

When I was building the army I bought the meme that shoota boyz were the way to go because it helps blobs overwatch and its two shots at s4 before u charge (unless you're running during a waaagh!)

Either way I'm now stuck with 60 shoota boyz

Kharn cares about pleasing Khorne and about the destruction of the Imperium.

Though what he cares about is hardly relevant. Abaddon wants him to fall in with 13th Black Crusade pronto. One way or another, Kharn will acknowledge Abaddon as his Warmaster like Angron did.

Oh yeah fair enough I guess if you have the models not much can be done. One way to look at it is that you get an extra shooting attack as you close in and Orks should be able to krump most gunline armies on the charge anyway

>Kharn cares about pleasing Khorne and about the destruction of the Imperium.
More former than the latter - he really doesn't do much apart from killingn old War Hound warbands and captains

He is nowhere near Typhus or Lucius level of anti Imperial attacks

Do we know what new codices are coming for the rest of they year? We haven't had a main one since Tau last year and everything seems to have dried up

What can we even expect? Chaos update? A new splinter army? A new faction completely?

GW will do something big with chaos. It probably won't be this year though

If they finally finish Sisters like the rumours suggest, then we might see that.
>tfw still haven't waited as long as DEldar players

>yfw Nurgle, Slaanesh and Tzeentch Daemonkin codices

considering where we are now, be careful what you wish for

what is the counter to broadside suits in 500pt games

65 points a pop, BS4 if you have 3 ofthem, 2+ armor save and dont really need markerlights to be effective thanks to fire team and twin linked

riptides are cheese in low point games but why arnt broadsides considered the same?

that would be fucking dumb
i still don't understand why they even released KD in the first place when you could just ally your Khorne CSM and CDs without a problem beforehand, the army doesn't even come with any unique units or anything, what a waste.

I don't know, but I really want GW to make a new, non-imperial faction that is all new with fresh lore.

Imagine an alien mech faction that was peaceful but is forced to militarize because the ad mech keep coming down and stealing their shit while calling them heretics.

Or an independant group of humans or lizards or shit that aren't chaos, but won't bow down to the imperium.

The ad mech were a step in the right direction, but we need something new,

they need to make 40k Skaven and Vampire Count equivalents already

GW can't even update the current factions at a reasonable rate, let alone more.

While true, I would think that, given what is included in the silver tower game, it is possible a Tzeentch daemonkin codex, which is the one rumored to be released this year, might actually include new units, like the blue and brimstone horrors.
Likewise, there aren't nearly as many CSM Tzeentch units as there are khorne ones, so it isn't impossible that GW would add for both the TDK and the other DK books new units, seeing as none of the other gods has as many dedicated units as khorne.

Broadsides don't have the mobility to be considered cheese.

This. I think GW has already gone past critical mass as far as playable factions go.

Rumors are this is the 2016 release list.

>40K
Warzone Fenris Pt.2
Rubric Marines
CSM Revamp
Codex Genestealer Cults
Codex Deathwatch

>Age of Sigmar
General’s Handbook
Realm of Battle Board
Summer Campaign
Sylveneth
Steelhead Duardin
Tzeentch stuff
Shadowkin

oh, so its simply because of JSJ combined with multi wound?

Those Space Dwarves that aren't squats that currently hang out with the Tau could be cool

In the past few years they added Imperial Knights (too make everyone go and buy a single, expensive model) and those two Ad Mech factions. I have to agree that we probably won't see another faction for a while.

There's way more to a faction than the fluff, and even the fluff needs to go beyond one-sentence blurbs.

What's their aesthetic and play style?

That besides, a new faction is a very large investment, that needs to sell well for a long time to recoup cost.

No

Yeah, damage + mobility + survivability is a potent combo.

>Codex Deathwatch
>more muhreens

Genestealer shit sounds promising though, hopefully these codices are decent and not half assed barebones shit like Admech and Harlequins

Wait are these even full codices or shitty supplements nobody really cares about?

Don't forget Codex: Harleen Quinzel.

>rumours
What are the source of these, anyway? I always hear the latest rumours but nothing about the source.

If you already have a lot of cover ignoring shenanigans (and being guard, you probably dont) i would recommend the eradicators. Because fuck tau. And eldar. And guard. You get the point pal

Do Harlequins, KDK and Militarum Tempestus count as 'new'? They weren't really whole armies before

itsfuckingnothing.jpg

Unless "CSM revamp" means "Tau treatment". But I'm guessing it actually means "a new CSM sprue and a codex refresh that barely changes anything".

Do you think the Inquisition will ever get a bit more of a fleshing out in how they work in the game? I really like the hodgepodge feeling of them, but I don't want to do an army of them unless sisters get a revamp so I can ally with vehicles.

I hope Grey Knights get some stuff out of Warzone Fenris 2, but I doubt it.

>broadsides
>cheese
>like a riptide
Holy shit, these people exist. Fuck everything.

This is why GW don't give a shit about the rules. Because there actually exist people who are THIS FUCKING SHIT at the game. Might as well just throw out the rules if you are dealing with people this retarded anyway.

What fucking army do you play where a full broadside team can ever be unstoppable in a 500 point game? Thats almost 200 points in a single unit that is completely stationary, and either has a good range on a shit gun, or a poor range on a good gun. Poor range + immobile means it should never do much unless you are doing something incredibly retarded.

he just has a unique definition of honor. Which is basically killing everything.

>tfw GW are devoting man-hours to Age of Skubmar instead of a new ork codex

Most of those are from Squiggly, but have been mentioned by other people too.

He also warned that some of it might get pushed into next year, because of FW releases what with HH and all.

Holy lel you're really this buttblasted aren't you?

Lots of new players end up playing on planet bowling ball with whatever they have on hand, which skews their views on things.

>Unless "CSM revamp" means "Tau treatment". But I'm guessing it actually means "a new CSM sprue and a codex refresh that barely changes anything".
That is exactly what the tau got. A few new sprues, a few strange additions here and there, and the stormsurge.

You already got your Chaos knight, you just need the rest to get the "tau treatment"

I think you are hoping for a massive buff rather than the Tau treatment.

>Warzone Fenris Pt.2
who cares

>Rubric Marines
who cares

>CSM Revamp
Revamp of the entire line, or just the marine sprue? If the latter, who cares

>Codex Genestealer Cults
might be neat

>Codex Deathwatch
who cares

>Age of Sigmar
who cares

They are called the Demiurg.

They would be pretty cool to use if GWs saw potential for a close range shooting army

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Demiurg

nigga im brand new to the game and rules, which is why i'm asking

dont suicide your syrian shitter over people who ask a question, maybe you'll prevent some of the issues you are mad about

I meant the 6th edition Tau treatment.

When new models doubled their codex in size and almost every old model got a new sprue.

The 7e Tau update was bog standard. I want to see CSM get revamped like Tau/Necrons did.

They need it.

Not him, but the game's not really balanced at 500 points.

I mean, its not balanced ever, but especially then. At that level it's basically rock paper scissors, you either bring the unit that can kill broadsides or you bring the unit that kills [something else], there's not enough room for both.

It'd be nice to have another one.

you'll get your update right before 8th edition, and then other factions will get their 8th edition codices.

sure, i get that the most popular armies are around 1500-1850 points, but as im just starting out then im going to go with 500 or 750 points and build up from there

I've had fun with 750 games on a 4x4 board. I've never played it in any super competitive way, though. I'm sure it could be cheesed when there's a chance the other player isn't just playing for fun.

I will help you out. So far what you have there is pretty good but be careful with the Blitz formation. It costs quite a good amount of points but it is awesome. Maybe cunt down on the killkannon. it is a nice weapon but costs alot. Replace it with mek guns because they are AWESOME! demz be right propa dakka and you can give them a pain boy technically. Imagine T7 guns with FNP, enough said. Personally I would max out the unit of tank bustas and put them in a open top battlewagon. Even if the wagon blows up, as long as they get close and rocket the shit out of everything, also it means alot more shots meaning less chances of missing. Ard boyz are meh, you can keep them but I would cut them out and save the points. Ard boyz are only really good when you have a nice big blob of them, 10 will die quick. hope this helps

Since assault is not so great right now, shoota boyz just throw so much dice at an enemy. each boy has 2 shots, so if you make a squad of 20 thats 40 and 30 makes 60 shots. even enemy's with terminator armor and high invulnerable saves cant make their armor save 40 to 60 times in one round.

Fuck my spelling. I mean "cut" down

Well maybe you shouldn't give those wild comparisons on other units. Marinekids still gets their PTSD triggered if you mention riptide. Some wounds will never heal.
Also, broadsides don't get fireteam bonus, it only applies to monsterous creatures and vehicles

yeah, i'm not overly fussed about being cheesed hard as at the end of the day:

1: I'll at least be learning about units and how they are used

2: I decided to play tau so apparently i deserve it