Why the cryptocurrency will fail

>Swiss economist Reiner Eichenberger educates the people to be good goyim
>Put your money back into your bank, let a financial advisor optimise your monies
>Please??
>Oddly enough speaks explicitly of Bitcoins, not of cryptomonies (in general). Many (half-)lies.

tl;dr:
>In the long term, however, bitcoins should be virtually worthless.
>But be careful. I said that five years ago, when the price was still 10 francs.

Sauce: tagesanzeiger.ch/sonntagszeitung/schneeball-bitcoin/story/27715469
Translation follows.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gE6AVp-2Jic?t=4m26s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Snowball Bitcoin
>Why the cryptocurrency will fail.
>Bitcoins are getting more and more expensive. Their price has increased tenfold this year to more than 10,000 Swiss francs, and soon they should also be traded on US stock exchanges. So are further price increases preprogrammed? Short-term forecasts are difficult. In the long term, however, bitcoins should be virtually worthless. But be careful. I said that five years ago, when the price was still 10 francs.

>The value of a currency depends on how well it fulfills its two basic functions: it serves as a store of value and as a medium of exchange. For value retention, it is attractive as long as its value increases. That was previously the case at Bitcoin. That does not mean anything for the future. Because as soon as the value drops for any reason, the currency is unattractive for value retention, which causes further price losses. When exactly the turning point arrives is hard to predict. It is interesting, however, where the course is going in the long term.
>The long-term value of a currency depends on whether it is a good medium of exchange and is generally accepted. This, in turn, depends on the cost of using them. For legal transactions Bitcoin is a bad medium of exchange. The cost of remittances in the back-end Bitcoin computer system is much higher than cash or traditional electronic banking. Therefore, it is practically impossible that Bitcoin prevails as a general medium of exchange.

>Eichenberger

Every fucking time.

>"Then follow a mass escape and rapid fall in value."
>On the other hand, bitcoin is a good medium for exchanging transactions that are to be executed anonymously for good or bad reasons. But this is not because of the technology used, but because Bitcoin accounts are actual numbered accounts whose owners remain anonymous. The intrinsic value of Bitcoin depends therefore crucially on whether Bitcoin can offer this anonymity also in the future.
>In this regard, much can be learned from the demise of Swiss numbered accounts and bank secrecy through international pressure. At first glance, a ban on Bitcoin seems more difficult. After all, you can use Bitcoin yes worldwide and so dodge regulations. But the international community can easily complicate the legal use of Bitcoin. The decline in legal transactions increases the proportion of illegal transactions. This then serves to ban the use of Bitcoin in general, as it can be argued that even decent citizens using Bitcoin facilitate the illegal business of criminal Bitcoin users.

>As a medium of exchange, Bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies) will therefore not prevail. Accordingly, its intrinsic value is deep. As this becomes clearer, its price trend will turn. But then Bitcoin is no longer a good store of value anymore. Then follow a mass exodus from Bitcoin and a very fast Wertzerfall. After that, everyone will be clear: It was just another, especially big pyramid scheme.

the end.

whatever

No-Coiner on suicide watch

Pretending that smart contracts and decentralized applications have no place in modern society

Oddly enough, he‘s a quite right wing guy about immigration and stuff usually. I‘d have rather expected something like that from a leftist pro-government economist.

Ich glaub ja dass jedesmal wenn so en Spezialist seit BTC seg bös, denn stiigt de Kurs wieder um 5%. Danke Eichenberger

>-berg != -berger
I'm pretty sure he's catholic, not a jew. He's also Prof. at University Fribourg.

Nobody forced you to read any of this. If you think public opinion in the normiesphere is not important/relevant, well, then dont.

That's really odd. He really only talks about Bitcoin, not about anything else. Seems really forced (he's bought to tell this, isn't he?).

Amazing addition to the discussion, I suggest you use the rope on your neck next.

Saletti Harry. Alles palletti?

>Danke Eichenberger
Yeah, somehow I doubt he has that kind of influence. But yeah, in general anti-coin news = good coin markets.
Btw. isn't it odd how he talks about anonymity and muuh bank secrecy, while not losing a single word about stuff like Monero, or that Bitcoin isn't really annonymous at all? He certainly is better informed than this? The fuck... is he getting old?

sounds like a jelly nocoiner trying to trigger a dip he can buy into. but he's just not that important. sad

>that ID
>LoL
>LeL

You're too much of a brainlet to understand user's post. He clearly heavily invested into BTC and is now worth millions and no longer needs the advice of "experts" who have been wrong for the last decade. At this point he's a superior life form to you or I. You can get a feel for the delivery of this word from the final scene of American Psycho

youtu.be/gE6AVp-2Jic?t=4m26s

It's clear that Bateman (and likewise, user) has an extreme interest in the matter in the discussion but realises the futility into expanding the discussion.

I really doubt some more monies would make him happy. No, I think there is more to this. Isn't it that crypto and all that grows in its ecosystem is a huge danger to many of the financial services currently sold to normies? Just gib us your shekkels, we'll take care of it for you. Don't worry, be gud goyim. Okay?
Now think crypto, think beyond bitcoins, and there is a sea of good payed jobs that might just be gone in a crypto future.
Is this the shy start of anti-crypto shilling? This will get much worse in the years to come, wont it?

Solid. Do not disregard anons, those who do are born bag hodlers.

I was wondering why he isn‘t talking about Moneto too. But in the end, I highly doubt he knows much about crypto - most economic specislists that are now jumping in the subject show a massive lack if knowledge about the topic. In Tagesanzeiger, one „Expert“ even claimed that „No one knows how Bitcoin is created“.

>Moneto

These jew fucks really have a hard time coping with the fact that in this timeline money will be out of schlomos evil scheming hands.

They really can't come to terms with this.

I think their main combover faggot Bibi should conjure another retard drawing, this time of Iran and North Korea using "Coin-Bits" as main currency to fund NUCLEAR BOMBS AIMED AT JEWS

That way the whole world will empathize and rush to help the poor chosen people being bullied, as well as deleting their electric monies. Give me my paper, Chaim, and stocks, hehe.

Just like the jews who write "IQ books" always claim that hilarious meme "Da High IQ Jew", they would kill to have the old times back, old times of "I got a jewish guy taking care of my stocks, they're really good at the investing stuff".

Fucking vermin, I'm not larping at all when I say they all should've been killed long time ago.

Take your pills.

Shut the fuck up and get off Veeky Forums, Chaim.

jesus man
hes not even jewish you dense fuck
god i hate you /pol/tards so much

get your delusional ranting off my BUSINESS AND FINANCE BOARD

I've been here since 2007 and am going nowhere.

>hes not even jewish you dense fuck
Plot twist. I'm Irish and have views on politics most of these inbred hillbillies would agree with.
Discussing politics is for idiots who think they are too intellectual for reality tv.

hey man thats cool and I agree but i meant the guy mentioned in OP isnt jewish
Eichenberger

What a good shabbos goy

I was responding to being called Jewish. Everyone who disagrees with his worldview is Jewish it seems.