Warhammer 40k general

Actually having a subject and title edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for the emperor's finest

Against FMC? I agree it's not as good. Against regular flyers, S9 AP2 will likely kill any flyer. But I believe the Hydra Platforms are better due to being 25 points cheaper than the SPAA and being able to fit three into one choice. Plenty of dakka.

The Stalker is Heavy 3 (1 less) but has Interceptor. It however, does not ignore Jink/SuperSonic and doesn't block Flat Out (at least how I intrpret the rules)

what i'm saying is That I'd much rather have 3 shots at S8 AP3 for a 105 points than 12 TL S7 AP 4 shots at 150

averaged over 2 turns, 6 shots fired, 3 hit, all wound, no saves vs 24 fired, 8 hit, 5 wound, 2 unsaved

Opinions? Trying to win with chaos and not be too cheesy.
Any ideas on how to fill the remaining 40 points?

Slaves to Darkness [1460]
>Belakor - 350
>5 Chaos Space Marines - 140
(VotLW / 1 Meltaguns / Combi-plas / Rhino + Dozerblade)
>Heldrake - 170
>Heldrake - 170
>Forgefiend - 175
>Forgefiend - 175

if a flyrant moves flat out it can't use its dakka or charge, and if its jinking its only firing snap shots, so i don't really care.

Which gun is that user?

Hyperios Missile Taratula, in Imperial Armor 2: 2nd edition.

If you don't mind splashing out a few more points, a couple of these could work too. Lots of shots, one AP2 shot per model, can boost their BS to silly levels, and (best of all) if you take a few they get a nice invulnerable save, so will stand up the to S6 dakka the flyrants will be throwing back at you better than hydras.

I have no idea why anybody would want to take the command platform.

Its listed under forgeworld as "space marine air defense missile launcher" i don't know why.

Do remember the rule each one has that gets shot by skyfire: jink. In reality its half the wounds for ap3 weapons.

Is there a Dune Crawler ownly formation?

Thinking about getting a bunch of Sentinels and running an all Walker army.

Ah yeah. I forgot about that. Probably for the best.

like i said, if a flyrants jinking its only making snap shots, so i don't really care.

why, whats wrong with it?

I'm pretty sure there isn't, though the cydonian/ballistari formation is a thing.

Don't forget that as per the FAQ it's now not allowed to vector strike as well if jinking.

I mean, as far as I can tell, the only problem with it is that it takes up a heavy slot, and having to pay the hq+troops tax for another allied/CA detachment if you rely on heavies.

so let's talk proxy sizes. i want to try out Samus' rules and i believe the new bloodthrister should be about the same size. would many have a problem with that? i'd try the same thing for Cor'bax but the GUO is rather puny

Nothing. I said it's probably for the best to take it.

If your aim is to make them jink or die, and you have 300 points burning a hole in your pocket, you could do this:
>Allied detachment - cult mechanics
>Tech-priest dominus with raiment of the technomancer
>3 Kataphon destroyers with heavy grav cannons
>Add tech-priest to kataphon unit
The relic means they fire snap shots at BS2. The heavy grav cannons fire 18 grav shots a turn. That's 6 hits, 4 wounds on a flyrant with a 3+ save, i.e. these fuckers statistically kill an unjinking flyrant every turn. Not cheap, and one hell of a fire magnet, but the other bonus is their guns work against other shit too.

So if a Librarian can generate powers from daemonology does that mean I can summon demons of the warp? Or is it only the Sanctic section they can generate powers from? I think it'd be funny to play against my friend's CSM army and fuck him up with deamons... in the name of the Emperor

fucking skitarii are broken. I don't think I'd want to play a list against them.

Made a list based on what I already own. What do you think?

+ 1998pts Dark Angels Lion's Blade Detachment +
+Battle Demi Company+
Chaplain
9-man Assault Squad [Eviscerator, 2x Flamer]
··Veteran Sergeant [Power Fist]
··Rhino [Extra Armour]

5-man Devastator Squad [4x Heavy Bolter]
··Razorback [TL Lascannon]

5-man Tactical Squad [Meltagun]
··Razorback [Extra Armour, TL Heavy Bolter]

+Battle Demi Company+
Company Master [Lion's Roar, Mace of Redemption]
9-man Assault Squad [Eviscerator, 2x Plasma Pistol, Sergeant w/ Combi-Plasma]
··Drop Pod

5-man Devastator Squad [4x Missile Launcher]
··Razorback [TL Lascannon]

10-man Tactical Squad [Lascannon, Meltagun]
··Drop Pod
10-man Tactical Squad [Lascannon, Meltagun]
··Drop Pod

9-man Tactical Squad [Flamer]
··Drop Pod

+Command+
[Level 2] Librarian [Bolt Pistol, Force Sword]

+Auxillary +
Ravenwing Support Squadron
··Ravenwing Darkshroud [Heavy Bolter]
··Ravenwing Land Speeders
···Ravenwing Land Speeder [Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolter]
···Ravenwing Land Speeder [Multi-Melta]
···Ravenwing Land Speeder [Heavy Bolter]

I mean, how much anti air do you have to take for a flyrant list?

Seems like anything less than 500 points worth is going to end in you getting your ass kicked.

it says in the main rule book that they can only take sanctis powers

To my understanding, it was pointless to put Heavy weapons in Tact Squads.

I don't understand why in the BRB it says every psyker can generate from sanctis and daemonology

>all librarians are sanctis only
>i assume IG psykers are the same
>eldar are the same
>nids obviously cant
>necrons >psykers

who the fuck is left?

Yep, are they're better at summoning daemons than chaos marines too thanks to librarius conclave.

I mean, they are probably going to be swooping every turn, they don't start in reserves like other flyers, they get 12 TL S6 Shots per turn, and fucking everything you throw at them is firing using snapshot or skyfire...

am i missing something here? What seems weird to me is that they aren't even on the top 10.

Maybe if you just ignore them and focus on objectives?

Hell, you don't even NEED five, I'd get my ass handed to me with 3 or more, even 2 would be almost fucking impossible.

Because when 7th came out it was true. Then with the new codex they changed it.

get gud scrub. I play tier3 armies and still always manage to put up a hellova fight even against optimized War Convocation.

Everyone has access to both, unless it says they don't.

Maleific means you get tones of perils though, so you might get to summon a GUO but there's a good chance the summoner will blow up in the process.

And if it's an objective game, at the start of your turn you can just go "Yeah, this objective is a skyfire nexus, fucking deal" Alternatively go Skitarii and take 2 really good and cheap troops and then a Dunecrawler or 2, because they fucking wreck house with Flyrants. Those ignores cover missiles are the most likely to do damage out of the array.

>all librarians are sanctis only
>it says in the main rule book that they can only take sanctis powers
What?
Space marine Librarians can manifest of malefic just fine.

Summoning kills the summoner anyway. If you want to go full cheese you can have a librarius conclave summon daemons, harnessing on a 2+ all game and then have one of the psykers kill himself for a greater daemon when the enemy get close.

Retrofit your dev teams to 10 man squads by taking the drop pod guys down to 5
Give your HB dev team lascannons from the drop pod guys, remove heavy bolters you don't need from devs
Give the rhino having assault marines a drop pod from the tacticals
Razorbacks don't need extra armor, ever

I mean, i guess tau can field riptides with that gizmo that gives them skyfire, so they aren't so bad off, but ordinary space marines don't have a chance without some sort of super cheese forgeworld stuff.

METAL
BOXES

oh, there are different tiers?

Are flyrant lists banned in the lower tiers?

They are T3/4 across the board with no transports. Also their vehicles whilst punchy are made of glass. But yeah, if your army can't take a beating, you're going to get fucked hard by them. Melee armies are the worst off against them because everything but the Rangers fuck with you. Inquistor with rad grenades in a squad of Vanguard with the Pater Radium mean -2 toughness in CC and if both sides are still alive at the end, you take a toughness test which if failed, means you take D6 wounds, no armour saves. And this counts towards Combat resolution

It specifically says that space marine and imperial psykers can't choose demonolgy. I don't know where you are getting this from.

Psykana division does it better, sacrifice one of the Wyrdvanes a turn for a greater daemon. And even if you fail you just lose a single Wyrdvane at worst.

>in the grim darkness of the future even cargo containers have skulls on them

why?

OUR ENEMIES HIDE IN METAL BAWKSES, THE COWARDS, THE FOOLS!

we should... we should take AWAYYYY their... METAL BAWKSES!

No it doesn't, I don't know where you are getting this from.

Where are YOU getting this from? All Imperials can use both types of Daemonology but perils on all doubles rolls. (Grey Knights ignore this for Santic)

How did he read that line without busting a gut laughing?

>he doesn't put his collective on skulls on everything for good luck and to honor the emperor

get out of here xeno

AND bolters. Can´t waste those on guardsmen,

Stop questioning aesthetic choices in the grimdark of the future, user. Eat your Skull Cereal.

>Soldier is expected to last 15 hours in the field
>I know, let's give them a powerful weapon which is hard to replicate and will likely shatter his wrists with any semblance of sustained fire

Why don't we put an earth shaker cannon onto a land raider?

>It specifically says that space marine and imperial psykers can't choose demonolgy
Got a page #? I must have missed it.

All the Sargents get access to them, but not lasguns for some reason.

Would an ork list with 15 Kustom mega kannon mek guns, a stompa with a big mek inside with mega force field for 4++ against shooting with minimum grot troops be decent as far as orks go?

oh, my bad. i guess thats only grey knights. that seems kinda stupid though.

Are Blood Angels okay outside of WAAC tournaments?

What are their weaknesses besides not having a decurion?

I really like them a lot, I like the idea behind how they are supposed to play but I get some of depressed when people say they suck. Losing just because your army is underpowered kind of makes me feel hopeless.

literally metal boxes with 2 stormbolters stuck on them.

>Soldier is expected to last 15 hours in the field
I think that was one specific theater, not a general rule.

Because it'd take up all the space for storing marines.

Thanks for your replies!

>To my understanding, it was pointless to put Heavy weapons in Tact Squads.
My thought was to disembark near objectives/soft targets to bolter the hell out of them. Since the Heavy Bolters can fire Overwatch at BS4 if they get charged, I threw them in. Think they'd be better of with Plasma Guns or Flamers?
>Retrofit your dev teams to 10 man squads by taking the drop pod guys down to 5
To give the Devs extra wounds to protect the heavy weapons?

Seriously, though, are there official turnament tiers? are there things banned at local turnaments?

Because they've lasted long enough to warrant it and they can request special stuff. Generic conscripted mooks don't deserve it if they die.

Well, it's a fair assessment of the situation. Not worth it. Especially since Bolters require special skills in maintaining, while a lasgun isn't as difficult and the power pack can be charged by leaving it in the sun rather than needing resupply.

Poor hygiene should be banned in all LGSs.

Grey knights are purity personified so it makes sense. the fact librarians can use maleific only makes it easier to use CSM as normal marines who just fell to chaos.

I like flamers due to the Wall of Death special rule. But if you're using them as objective campers, you might be OK.

Yes, that is exactly why 10 man Dev squads are useful.

>GW store is in my "choose the storefront" captcha

Agreed.

A guy at my shop prided himself on showering every three days, sometimes even longer.

I can understand every 2 depending on your body and your schedule, but jesus, more than that is disgusting.

...They know people are going to proxy those as a 3 Rhino kit, right?

Basically armies goes into one of the 4 tiers. Tier 1 are completely optimized cheesefests, the best/worst this game has. Tier2 are very powerful armies. Tier3 are "normal" and tier4 are bad.

>there are Marine players who think they can beat Hunter Contingent, War Convocation, Decurion and Wraith spam with some free Razorbacks

That's why it costs $100 user

>he hasn't seen Brother "NONE PURER"

Also, I got a friend to fix the shitty text on this picture so now it's actually worth saving. Just getting it out there cause Grey Knights are sexy.

My sister quit the hobby when she couldn't stand the smell in her local GW.

where is this rule located?

the fucking main rulebook is a total mess, its not indexed and doesn't even have a table of contents.

Good point. Lasguns are like AKs+ no moving parts.

>Think they'd be better of with Plasma Guns or Flamers?
You're best off with grav cannons and grav guns everywhere

okay, but are the tiers "official" and are there any rules regarding what you can and can't bring, thats my question.

I'd play against it.

When those Free Razorbacks can die and form 4+++ terrain, your non-free stuff can use them as LoS blocking terrain at best and a 4+++ save at worse.

In short, you force shots off other targets and you're not actually required to tell your opponent which Razorback may or may not have units in it.

And guns, don't forget cargo container mounted bolters.

Overwatch, I think. Flamers have a special rule of "Wall of Death" or something which inflicts like 3 automatic hits when a unit charges it. This rule also applies when using a flamer on a open top vehicle.

I haven't changed my list since 5th edition, so outside of grav and centurions which are both outlandish I'm not so sure why Marines are listed as top tier. I still haven't managed to read all the material listing the billions of formations available.

Also grav weapons. Don't forget the grav weapons.

Oh, and combimeltas in a drop pod can solve problems too.

Nah, they arent official none-whatsoever.
You clearly dont know the true strengths of Gladius.

>cover saves
>Tau, Eldar and War Convocation
Nope.

Rate my list Veeky Forums

Baal strike force
HQ
Terminator Librarian (150pts)
ML2, Fury of Baal, Gallians staff

Troops
Tac squad (215 pts)
Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Rhino
Sergeant: power sword and Bolt pistol
Tac Squad (245pts)
Plasma Gun, Heavy Flamer, Rhino
Sergeant: Power fist Combi-flamer

Elites
DC (315pts)
10 man, 2x Power sword 2x Powerfist
8x Bolters Drop pod
DC (170)
2x power sword, Power fist 3x Bolters

Fast Attack
Assault squad(135pts)
2x Meltagun Drop pod
Sergeant: 2x Inferno pistols
Assault squad(135pts)
2x Meltagun Drop pod
Sergeant: 2x Inferno pistols

Heavy Support
Baal predator (135pts)
Flamestorm Cannon, Heavy flamer sponsons

1500/1500
I think its decent and we home ruled that the librarian can use gallians staff since it isnt amongst the list that says only one of these items may be used per character. In non house rules i just give him a force staff.

>He doesn't know how strong a Razorback Phalanx is
Dude, really?

Free 4+++ terrain when they die. Load them with las/plas. Use them as a shieldwall.

Are you dumb?

I question your sarge upgrades. Keep it it a combi gun.

>drop pods against War Convocation and Hunter Contingent

Good thing they won't exist in the shooting phase.

>Decurion caring about getting shot.

>War Convo
>Good without the Flesh Tearers Taxi Service
Nice joke.

arg! god damn it, the version i have the fucking PAGES aren't even numbered!

>you get meaningful cover saves against Hunter Contingent, War Convocation and Eldar

Nope.

>most of Necrons Dakka is AP5.

>LoS blocking save for all infantry size models
>concentrates on cover saves which is the worse result possible

They're free Razorbacks user. They will kill something and there is enough of them to be a worry. But, continue to concentrate on one part of an argument!

I gave the combi one a powerfist because when i modeled him i didn't realize that power fist were shit-tier on normal sergeants. the power sword/bolt pistol is just for the extra attack on the charge.

>tfw half your guns lower cover by 1 if they cause a wound and are AP3.
Marines were a mistake, robutts are the future.

Which faction can field the fewest amount of models for the troop choice?

Cut it off his arm.

Grey knights with nemesis strike force only need 1 troop choice. So that's five models.

Got a question I'm looking to get answered.

A friend I've played a couple games with has this habit of measuring distances pretty weird. Instead of measuring the distance of movement from tip to tip of the model's base, he measures it 'roughly' center to center. I've brought this up once to try and correct him since the rulebook specifically states measure tip to tip, and he aggressively defended himself saying that it doesn't matter.

Am I in the wrong? Am I being autistic? Or is this a legitimate complaint that I have?

Why wouldn't you get cover saves against Eldar? Their only source of ignores cover is the wave serpent's shield, which is one use only.