Draw Thread: Lighting Effect Edition

Previous Thread: Post any art requests you have ITT. Keep in mind, the drawfriends are doing this for fun, so do not be surprised or upset if they gloss over your post. The artists are here to draw what they WANT to draw, not what you THINK should be drawn.

Be patient, and bump your request one time every 24 hours from the time you posted the request. There is no exception to this rule, it doesn't matter if you "have work" or "are going to bed".

DO:
Provide good, detailed references (pictures are better than verbal descriptions), so the artists know what you're looking for as best you can.

Hold off on additional requests after receiving a delivery from an artist, and be mindful of the other requests that might deserve attention.

Mind your manners and say thank you! We appreciate our artists and their amazing work!

DON'T
Don't be an asshole and immediately repost your request because you don't like the FREE art you received.

Don't respond to shitposts, they are pretty easy to spot and avoid.

>Artists and Artists-to-Be:
Feel free to drop your tumblrs/websites/commission/etc information drawfriends.

Books and Tutorials:
mega.co.nz/#F!2RARFaLA!VTiQb6eRXfV4V6mYQ6FJTA
dropbox.com/s/kno4yv719g88pol/Tutorials.zip?dl=0
Figure Drawing:
quickposes.com/pages/random
Beginners Guide to Drawing:
archive.is/GNIq1
The w/ic/i art guide:
sites.google.com/site/ourwici/

>Reminder that nobody is entitled to a delivery under any circumstances within these threads.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/DbAn9kM.jpg)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Requesting a 40K imperial guardsman for my OW players.

Custom regiment; they're from a water planet and their culture is a heavy amalgamation of ancient Macedonia and the Achaemenid Empire.

The significant bits are the artificial gill implants and the harpoon rifles. I'm yet to decide if the rifles are more akin to TFTD's jet harpoons (sizeable harpoons with a lower rate-of-fire) or a nailgun (although I'm leaning towards the former; both crunch- and fluff-wise), so feel free to design it however you find better (this applies to the implants, too).

The armour should be light (probably chestplates only), plastic looking.

I don't really have any specific ideas on how they should look; a mixture of Macedonian+Haqqislam+Catachan seems to be a good starting point. The players decided that their regiment nickname should be 'Steel Orcas'. I'm not sure if you should include that in some kind of motif. If you have any cool schemes in mind, go ahead.

If you do include an imperial aquila, make it a Persian Faravahar.

Thank you in advance.

Posting this over here for the OR

Requesting an androgynous half-elf with long, black hair tucked behind the ears. They are fairly pale, and their eyes are white with a greyish sclera (like pic related). They're wearing pristine white mage's robes with gold trim. The robes have an emblem of a crow sewn on to the sash. They look very serene overall.

Thank you!

Also this

Requesting Venom Snake in a medieval version of the armor on the top, including some of the tacticool stuff, armed with a großes messer like the one in the bottom left. Instead of his robot hand, he has the prosthetic like the bottom right. If you could make his scars a tiny bit more pronounced, it'd really help. Headband is optional.

If you're a bad enough dude to color it, I made most of my stuff in V white, so I guess black, white, and red would be cool to work in, but whatever colors you would feel would work would be fine. Thanks

I didn't get to the last thread in time, but, to the drawfag thinking about this, battle dress is because it is a suit of armor. If you really don't like it, maybe a more armored version of the sneaking suit from 5? It's really up to you, but I'd like the battle dress if it's possible

I'd like to request a picture of this young half-Orc woman wearing the sort of leather armor and adventuring gear associated with your typical fantasy rogue. She should look rather squishy, both physically and emotionally, and have something of a babyface that makes her seem unsuited for intimidation or thug-work. Her expression should suggest that she is unsure of her skills as a rogue as well but at the same time is hopeful that things will turn out for the best.

Thanks in advance!

Requesting Ironflask Adelaide (reference pic related) sitting at her campfire, eating a large ham with a jolly expression on her face.

srry not much progress

Requesting my half-orc cleric of Kord

>Looks like Alex Armstrong, but appropriately green and tusky
>Full plate armor, simple and sturdy with big paldrons, no helmet, and the cleric tonic over in red and gold
>Round Viking shield with the symbol of Kord on left hand, fuckhuge warhammer in right
>Pose is smiling, laughing, or posing in some fun hyper-masculine way

This has nothing to do with OP's picture, I swear

dA/tumblr?

Requesting a dark haired, viking-looking, beggar holding a cup up with one hand while the other rests on a black blade (pic related) in his lap while sitting crosslegged. Looks well kempt and happy for a beggar.

Would anyone be so kind as to fill out one (or both!) Of these requests for me?
1: an image of her in a light sky blue sundress with light pink flowers on it. Still wearing her hat though.

2: an image of her in a bed, in her underwear cleaning her robotic leg with a cloth?
Thanks!

Another WIP.

Here is my quick offering to the drawing gods

It's an ancient waifu.

sorry for the late reply.

sure user, that is its sole purpose. you are not stealing or anything

Requesting a drawing of pic related (without the metal mask) and a satyr dude staring at each other, the armored dude expressing with his eyes ambivalence for the Satyr while the Satyr has a smug grin and a sarcastic look in his eyes.

Armored dude is about two heads taller than the Satyr, but other than that how the satyr looks is completely up to you.

For context, armored dude is my LG fighter and satyr is a game buddy's CN bard. They don't get along too well.

Please and thank you, Drawfriends

i am also taking simple , unsettling requests.

draw something that fits the name "Unseen Beckoner"

i will try.

OR here, and you have nothing to apologize for. Quality like this can't be rushed. Thanks again! Can't wait for your next update!

I would like to request this character either in a Descartes' "Give her the dick" picture, or alternatively, looking frustrated at a hand and arm that's rubbing her ear.

Can someone draw this girl sitting up at night reading a lewd book and looking embarased/turned on about it while other people sleep around her?

Requesting a nobleman looking like the guy in the pic wearing a similar uniform but with a cape, sash and epaulettes.

>looking frustrated at a hand and arm that's rubbing her ear.

Requesting a tall well-built fighter dual wielding swords, one of which is black with silver detailing in the blade
He has sandy blond hair swept back and covered with a flat cap and green eyes, with facial hair reminiscent of that in the reference picture. He dresses in a loose shirt and britches under a long leather coat, with heavy plate pauldrons and plate gauntlets over the coat, with heavy metal boots protecting his shins and feet.
I know this is a somewhat long and convoluted request, so thank you for reading even this far

Reposting from last thread:

I just have a simple request, I would like to see a drawing of a Beastlord (with dual axes) in a duel with a Lord of Plagues surrounded by Chaos warriors and beastmen Gors (and other types of beastmen if you feel like adding it). You can have them in any combat pose that you feel fits the scene and/or theme.

Thanks in advance drawfriends

Think someone can draw me up a semi-lewd picture of my waifu? Thigh high socks and some lingerie maybe? Anything will be fine really.

Requesting a desert elf rogue. Losen Daystar is a tanned skin elf with white hair. He has an athletic body with well defined 6 pack abs. He eyes are a shade of yellowish-orange. For his pose could he be fliping one of his twin blades into the air with his left hand, while pulling his high/wide collar down (which is high enough to cover his lower face) with his right arm far enough to show a lopsided toothy grin.

oh forgot to mention that the clothing colors range is tans, browns, and reds.

Sorry about that, I was busy and I forgot, yeah, it's essentially magically crafted enchanted armor, the same with the sword along with the aura it makes.

Is the user who was working on this still around?

Reposting from the former thread instead of referencing the post:

Requesting a monster sketch:

Imagine a flying pillar monolith, covered with tons of big bloodshot eyes. It's body, or the pillar itself looks like it's made from a mix of stone and flesh with cracks revealing bleeding/rotten flesh. From it's lower base, two long skinless (imagine white colored pyrexia art from MTG) appendages/tentacles with jagged scimitar like blades/bones/claws at the end. It's hovering just above ground so the tentacles can move around freely. It doesn't have any mouth. Above it there's a black spot that looks very "out of place".

That's all, you are free to put in any artistic freedom as you want. The whole idea is a lovecraftian/freakishly bizarre looking "living monolith".

spooky/10

I like it!

Taking requests in pencil

Finished a request from last thread.

Daaaaayum

Dunno if koboldanon hangs around here, but if you're reading this I was wondering if you'd be interested in having your art feature in a small video game. I'm decent at art, code and level design and can work efficiently in my engine of choice.

Knight that operates as a battle attorney

Requesting a lich laughing while holding a can that says "glue" while a party of adventurers are having a hard time traversing a sticky corridor

Requesting A Kindly Mad Scientist. Japanese. SomethinG Along The Vein Of BttF's Doc Brown.

Sorry About The Capitals. I Don't Know Why My Phone Does This.

orc niece

Scratched this out for you

It may not be good but hey, maybe someone else can use it as a reference

Migrating this.
I would like to request this character sitting in a comfortable chair roughly two sizes too big for her, reading a book.

Humanoid thing in armour covered in eyes, weapon of your choice, also covered in eyes

Requesting a martyred prophet/messiah figure for my setting, the Undead Prophet, messenger of Death (the god) and figure of salvation and mercy. Long story short in my setting the life/death duality is flipped a bit on its head compared to the norm, life is evil for the god is imperfect and melancholic, and these flaws are reflected on the world. Death wished to spare the creations of Life from misery, and thus created the afterlife and gave souls to all of Life's creation to preserve their consciousness. The first prophet saw Death in a vision and wished to spread his word of hope, was burned at the stake for it. Death made him immortal so he would be unliving proof of his power and gift of salvation, and the burning prophet ripped himself from the stake as a skeleton with no flesh left at all as proof of his word.

Going counter clockwise in the ref pic, firstly a typical burning stake setup with a roaring inferno of fire obscuring most of it. As in the bottom left image, there is a skeleton heated red-hot stepping down from the stake and the roaring inferno engulfing it, unharmed by the flames.

In the bottom right pic, the glowing red skeleton is standing in a similar pose to the angel, hoisting the now melted chains that had bound him to the stake above him in triumph, looking up to the heavens. Liquid iron drips from the red-hot iron to the ground below.

Finally like in the top-right pic, behind the skeleton prophet is a medieval style halo of light behind his head. The only difference is that instead of gold, the halo is a brilliant neon green, the holy color of Death.

Seriously, she's the least competent for that position

That's fucking quality lol

That would've been just as amusing the other way around with the tiefling being oncerned about SMITING

I would like to request a teenage orcess with long black dreadlocks holding a micropig whilst running away from an angry elf.

>she dindu nuffin, officer

All hail the most specific and unreasonable of requests.

If anyone wants to tackle it just make the best compromise you can, I wouldn't actually expect anyone to hit every note perfectly.

What a dumb fucking looking character.

Just pay a fuckin artist, dude, and you'll get exactly what you want.

fixes changes

I like him, user.

oh no my feelings
what have you done
It's not actually that important to me, this is just one of the first characters I put thought into, and there's a long ass story behind it. I've already drawn the guy myself, I just want to see someone better make their own rendition.The only problem around here is that people are intensely insecure about the association with weeaboo stuff and sort of recoil and hiss at anything oriental in flavor.
lol don't worry about me man, I anticipated the reaction and expected it to help my case.

Pretty sweet user, cheers!

Requesting once more a valkyrie-like magical girl for a Madoka Magica campaign.
If it helps, consider it a request for a teenage mage/fighter instead?

She'd wear pretty much this outfit (i.imgur.com/DbAn9kM.jpg) without the mask and maybe with winged hair ornaments instead of the hood. If you wanted to draw her with metallic, bronze-feathered wings instead of the cloak, either would be cool and fit the character.

Her hair's gunmetal/dark gray and somewhat messy, her eyes would be gunmetal gray too- she's Japanese/mixed race, and somewhat wiry. Doesn't really stand out too much in a crowd...untransformed anyway.

Personality wise, she's pretty shy-evasive in combat- but rather neurotic and twitchy. She wished to find out what happened to her friends. (They died to Witches.) and she has lightning powers.

Her weapon is a fairly short handled partisan spear, like the picture. Her soul gem might be around her neck like the gem in the reference art, and have an amber color.

Thanks in advance for considering it or just reading.

And because I'm an idiot, here's the weapon image.

Reposting my request for new day/thread, and editing the post a little.

I had my character drawn a 3-4 months ago, and was wondering if I could either get this picture expanded upon/another pic of her.
She's a Drow magical rogue, currently 12th level (when I got the picture she was like 5th/6th) who has completely god-awful luck, and thus the shittons of scars/burn marks.

I'm wanting to get her legs done, wearing bat-winged boots if you just edit this one, and for the coat to be as black as you can get it and the flame on her hands to be green instead of purple, but coloring isn't super required.
If you make a new picture, I'd like the above and the following-
>a part of the blade of a scimitar sticking out from behind her (from where the sword hilt is, on her waist) with some kind of minor design that makes you think health drain (like vampire teeth or something) either etched into or part of the blade itself.
>a giant, gaudy ring on whichever hand you'd like, she's got a ring of wish she is obsessing over casting, for good reason.

If you feel like it, I'd also love her standing on the body of any demon/devil you particularly want, but the higher level/scarier the better.
And by any, I mean from anything. Could be a refrence, something from the bible, the balrog from LOTR, anything. She's killed a -lot- of demons, and I'm super happy about it.

If you make a new pic or just edit this one (or another of something similar, I have a bunch of copies/edits I made, including the original with arrows in her, and a bunch with no arrows and cleaner colors/no singed look) coloring isn't necessary, but if you feel like it, I won't complain.

Also asking if her skin is alright in color for a drow, I've been considering making some minor changes to that and figured a drawthread is the best place to ask.

Requesting a dnd npc. He's wearing pic related armor, except he's wielding a spear instead of the flamberge. The spear should be made of white bone and have a carved lion wrapping around the base of the blade. You can also make him look a bit sickly if you like as he's plagued, thanks senpai.

OR here. Again, I'm loving it. Keep it up, mate.

Requesting some bust sketches/drawings of some npcs for a coming campaign, they don't need to be anything detailed but just look unique compared to each other so players can easily recognize them.

An old guard, one that looks like he's going to retire any moment, with scars to prove it.

A beautiful, rich woman with a confident look, has snake scales on various parts of her face (but there is still mostly "normal" skin)

A young hooded male priest, who's face is clear even with the hood. He has a strong jawline that looks a bit crooked.

A female elven wizard, who has a quill locked behind her ear (instead of a pen), and round geeky looking glasses.

Shady looking dwarf biting on a golden coin, his hair is oiled/waxed and his beard is neatly trimmed.

An overly happy female tiefling with wrinkles on her face. Braided hair of some sort.

Lastly, a tengu (crow people) who's beak is bandaged and has a very very angry stare in his eyes.

Sorry for all the diferent ones, but as a desperate GM getting any one of these done would be super appreciated, any artistic freedom you want you can have. I don't want to go into super nitty details for something as a bust sketch. Thanks a lot drawfriends for sticking with us all, enough asskissing; I'm a faggot who suck dicks all day, everyday.

you could find images good enough for more than half of these on google

This looks fancy af!

qt!

How much do you charge for commision work of this quality? This is absolutely amazing

Requesting this little girl handing a footman his bastard sword as you see a group of other footmen and militia nervously get ready for a battle. The town they are in is under siege and its not looking like they will survive. The footman is trying to comfort the girl as best she can as she is clearly scared. Background will be important to make the scene, and I do not mind if this takes a while to do. Footman on the left (Though coloring should be red not blue) Militia middle little girl right. Feel free to add a little more personality to character faces if you wish, but I will settle for mook squad background characters. Thank you for anyone who does this!

Anchor for user fulfilling my request for a magical girl vigilante with a costume similar to sayaka's but with a color scheme like the precure OC pic with her Kakapo familiar

Taking theme-character/beast requests.

What do you mean?

Oh sure, I charge 30 bucks per color character, but let me do seven character for free!

A silver dragon cosplaying as the Dragonzord.
Bonus points for shitloads of cardboard and obvious tape.

Requesting Erin. She has bright, rusty bronze hair, it's shoulder length and fairly wavy, perhaps slightly frizzy. Emerald green eyes. Pale freckled complexion. Pic on the right is for reference.

She has begun to notice in shock that her skin is peeling away to reveal her new form underneath, pic related (left). She might be pulling some of the skin away whilst watching in the mirror.

I'm assuming you don't know how this thread works...

A nobleman from Hell.

Requesting pic related being caught doing something girly or refined, causing great embarrassment.

I like the pic of the red head, please post the original.

I guess stuff where you could simply describe the character with "x+class"

So, "hell nobleman" works.

Did you seriously download the fucking thumbnail and not the whole picture...

According to you, if I'm willing to give a dollar to a beggar now and then, if one ask me for 50 bucks I should hand him the money, right?

Ram Pugilist; literal goat or otherwise, I haven't decided yet.

Scorpion-rider user here, Anchor for Boris

Alright, well in that case, do you think you could try and draw me a picture of a monk younger girl in tattered clothes/rags, short blond hair, scars all over, defending herself from goons/monsters.

Or do I hot have the right idea?

That would be silly!
I bet he took a screenshot and then cropped the pic he needed.

If you go into a place labeled
(Give people money here)
And then complain about how people are asking for free money you're a Fucking retard.

tisk tisk

i kind of drifted after drawing the head as i was trying something new. I might try it again with a my grittier style, sorry.

I meant as simple sketches, shoulder and up. I didn't ask for detailed full body art. I understand that my request is selfish, but I wanted to post the characters and if some drawfriend liked one of the characters I hope they would make an quick sketch.

I use these threads, been a while since last time, because I'm poor as fuck. If I had the money I'd gladly spend it on commissions as I burn for my DMing.

I could have sworn I checked the thread better.
Thanks though

>I wanted to post the characters and if some drawfriend liked one of the characters I hope they would make an quick sketch.

There's hardly anything of substance to the descriptions though.

Good job with the face, I liked it. I hate to bitch because it's free, but could you make the legs more like They actually get quite long and angled at the back. Other than that, it's coming along wonderful, thank you Boris.

Mostly because they are non-detailed sketches I asked for. I wanted to give some simple guidelines/start an idea and see where the drawfriend want to go with it.

Better explained since I'm a retard: I didn't expect any complex sketches so thats why I decided to not have too detailed descriptions and leave some features up to the artist as they sketch them.

Sure, every year when I go to charity events I give them all the bloody money I have just because they are asking for it

If you wanted a drawfriend to draw a character because they like it there should be something to like about it, no?

Don't go to a thread dedicated to people doing art for free and complain about how they should pay you, that's simply moronic.

Ha ha it's cool dude!

Honestly, the pile of eyes looks pretty cool.