tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-05-16-XHX-kiki-chord/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Current MM.

>temur midrange
Lol why

>Playing?
Jeskai Harbinger, Kiki-Chord, Grixis Midrange/Control
>Brewing?
Getting reps in with these decks and optimizing a couple mainboard choices, and a few sideboard cards.
>Next MTG Purchase?
Might buy some new JTMS and FoW after Eternal Masters is released to finish Miracles (w/o the proper duel lands).

>Playing?
Titanshift, Infect
>Brewing?
Thinking of putting together a delver deck or some kind of anti-local meta deck. There's a lot of aggressive decks, but I don't really have fun playing jund even though it would be a good call.
>Next MTG Purchase?
Maybe some pauper stuff. I'm trying to wait until EM is all spoiled before I decide on anything.

This dumb ass shit right here.

This isn't relevant to the modern general. This is full on terrible

Who went to a gp this weekend? How'd you do? What'd you play?

I went to LA, went 7-2 day1, ended day2 at 10-5. Pleasantly surprised with my result. Played BW death&taxes (not eldrazi taxes).

>bogles same tier as temur midrange and summoning trap

lol what

You're terrible... at Magic!
>get riggityrekt

stop posting this in every thread

does death and taxes include eldrizzle taxes

Alert The Presses: Merfolk (Fishies) finally won a modern GP.

It won a Modern GP last June.

>Finally

Good work outing yourself as being new.

It won one last year. There was even another merfolk player in the top 8 in that gp as well.

Who Ad Nauseam here? What's it like to finally prove that your deck isn't a meme.

>>Playing?
Emerica (jeskai harbinger)

>>Brewing?
I brewed it (the list I'm playing). I've been shilling it here for like a month.

>>Next MTG Purchase?
Something for Death & Taxes (Legacy). I'm poking around for tech against Squid Stompy because it's something like half my local meta. other than that I'm talking to some guy from Cardhoarder about selling off my modo collection because modo is awful and probably selling off all my cards that aren't Emerica or D&T-related IRL because I want new MTB stuff.

So fucking close to finishing this deck, I just need one more Warp.

LGS didn't have a Grafdiggers for the sb, but I did pick up a bunch of fogs to make a Turbo Tutelage as well.

Did I fuck up for building Living End...?

You seriously thought it was anything more than a meme?

user, come on.

It's a sad state of affairs when the only decknames that aren't just "what the deck's colors are and/or cards they run" are affinity (which historically doesn't even count), D&T, and the zoo variants.

No user, that list is a meme. It's based on modo leagues or something, idk.

What are your thoughts on Glassdust Hulk? and on Ridge Rannet in place of the spiders?

How many Streetwraith/Macabres are you running?

Thugs&bugs

mandatory WE WUZ BUGZ N SHIET

I really like the name though, but alas wizards sjws had to fuck up and irreversibly associate the name with offending black people (just like kiora atua wait omg im so sorry Maorian players i didnt mean to say "hello god" in ur language i didnt mean to offend shut it down!!)

So, I run a playset of Wanderwine Hub in my Mono-U Merfolk solely to dodge stuff like Choke, Boil, and Islandwalk (in the mirror match). However, I'm wondering if this is sufficient to run a couple of Path to Exile in the sideboard. What do you guys think? My inclination is to say no, but there's enough doubt in that answer that I think it might work out.

Its ridiculous but what can you do?

>SJWs associate the word "Thugs" with blacks
>Somehow try to tell others they're racist

Tumblrinas everybody. Also, nice trips user.

No, as LE has an excellent to normal matchup with every tier1 deck, bar burn and scapeshift.

Unfortunately most tier 2 decks just shit on you.

If your local meta is all jund and similiar stuff, get LE and wreck their shit

Would a Tarmogoyf ban hurt or help modern?

nothing can help Memedern

hurt, as it is completely unnecessary

Why do you wan to run path for? What targets do you have in mind?

Mostly as a way to hit stuff that can't really be overcome with bounce. I suppose I could run Dismember or even Gutshot, but I'd rather not spend the life on those.

The life loss is worth it over having a dead card you can't cast because you didn't draw one of your 4 white sources. Also, the majority of merfolk deck run some numbers of dismembers, so take that as you will.

Do you constantly hand-shuffle?

godfucking dammit I could have gone through this day without ever knowing about this dumb shit but now I googled it

No, because I'm not a tryhard faggot.

I put my cards facedown on the table and intensely stare at my opponent

I'm a very fidgety person so I do it automatically. I'm trying to cut down on it.

idk user, storm and knightfall are pretty cool deck names.

I like you.

No, because I'm not a fucking idiot. I will occasionally sift through my cards, but in a manner that is not particularly loud or obnoxious, and only to remind myself of what I currently have in hand so my options stay at the forefront of my mind.

>Shelldock Isle spike

For what reason?

If you're going to play a legacy deck without duals don't make it a control deck.

This is me when playing Belcher.

The funny thing is it's a word that's literally never been used as a word to describe black people. Maybe specific black people who actually were thugs, but never been associated with the race. It's blatant racism on the part of the SJWs to anyone who has access to a dictionary, or just a decent understanding of the English language. It's like the south park flag episode.

The Glassdust Hulk is ok, but only if you got a few blue lands in the Deck, otherwise the Architects of Will are simply better, even though they are bolt-able, the semi-cry 3 can be game changing.
Rigde Rannet is simply worse than the Jungle Weaver (you get +1 Power but -2 Thoughness and Reach). Reach is really important, but he Pale spider unfortunally has White which is unfortunate. The 2 colorless mana cycles, you don't want many, so i recommend the Jungle Weaver. For Landcycling, i have been using the 5/3 zombie, but i think the Pale spider is better, i simply use it because i lack any white land.

I run 4 Streetwraiths (you can basically win turn 2 if you win the draw lottery) and 3-4 Macabres (depending on the meta, if there is a lot of CoCo or Control).

Most of the LGS i play, it's tier 2 Decks, unfortunally. The good thing is seeing people sideboarding Graffdigger's Cages, always makes my giggle, which happens many times

My biggest problem is that I also finished a Affinity Deck (got from ebay quite cheap) and I don't feel much confidence in my LE for the FNMs, and seeing that list simply makes me want to use it even less.

There was that one mill deck at GP LA which went something like 9-4-2.

I guess some people think mill is competitive now or something.

That one extra power could change the game though, and often you just btfo the flyers with an outburst. Idk he seems underused

Think vs Control Decks that have Pia Nalaar, etc, where the flyers don't come in right away.
Being a 5/6 > 6/4, think vs Affinity when they have Galvanic Blast.

Thopters die to Living End, and if they cast it the turn after (sorc speed cascade) then reach wouldn't matter anyways. It only stops blinkmoth/collonade, but so does instant speed cascade (or faerie macabre)

You have a point about Galv blast though.

Also, do you run Urborg? It enables swampwalk, it's so nice for fixing, but it does help affinity with plating activations

>playing
Boros burn
>brewing
Infect
>next mtg purchase
shit to finnish my legacy goblins

>Boros

Why not Nyaya?

3 color burn just doesn't feel right. Plus this is just faster.

Unban Chrome Mox
Unban Punishing Fire

How is it faster when Atarkas Command can allow Burn to turn 3 kill?

Suicide Zoo tier 2 !!?!? NIgga we made it

when I play against ppl i know at lgs and after passing em priority to take an important play i would grab a random card from my hand, put it face down on the table in front of em and slide away the others in hand, then id begin to stare em and say "alright, go ahead"

>Kiora was originally named "Kiora Atua." Parallels were drawn with the Maori, because in Maori, "Kia ora" is a greeting (meaning "be well") and Atua is the Maori word for "god" or other similar terms such as "ancestor" or "spirit". However, this connection between the planeswalker and the Maori was not intentional. In January 2014, it was announced that "Atua" would be dropped from her name as it was considered inappropriate and offensive by Wizards, as it disrespectfully treads on sincere beliefs

You can't make this shit up.

mangs I think that shit was an overreaction and I don't think thugs equates to black either, but at least where I live "thugs" is the word of choice to be blatantly racist in public ie rich old lady asks waitress loudly to remove thugs from the restaurants or something referring to a black family (this shit actually happens whether you want to believe it or not)

it's also the favorite word to use by gentrifying hipsters at community meeting to push poor people out of their neighborhoods by like raising taxes and closing the groceries stores etc to make the shit more "desirable"

im not saying this is the only way to use the word or that you can't use because i do but at least here in philly rich people love to use the word to be racist (although it generally refers to white trash rtype people too, ironically like most of the monster neckbeard types that play mntg here)

man when people are talking about banning ssg, they arent going to bad ssg on a stick in any color

>it's also the favorite word to use by gentrifying hipsters at community meeting to push poor people out of their neighborhoods by like raising taxes and closing the groceries stores

good, the city center is the most desirable place to live from a transportation standpoint, why waste that space on retards without a job?

I do this, too.

mang unless you're making 2 mil or something a year at some financial consultancy job after a wharton mba (and trust me, you're on Veeky Forums so you're not) and you're about to drop 800k on a lot in norlibs (which again, you won't) without even a house on it, that person would literally buy your house and your parent's organs if they looked your way and decided they wanted to. Then buy a fuckton of legos and drive up the prices with an endless wallet. You're sympathizing with the wrong person here, bud. enjoy being cucked by the "puritan work ethic"

SSG is not broken in any way and neither is Chrome Mox. They allow combo decks some much needed speed.

Combo decks shouldn't be allowed to exist because they are too confusing for new players.

I don't run because of "no-bling", but to be honest I don't see the trouble of runing 1 in the Deck, since it may help in some cases you could use 2 black manas but you only got 1 source (the other land is a stomping ground/ copperline gorge, for example).

I played it until it won Charlotte and then dropped it cause I only play memedrecks.

I mean black rappers since the 90's have used the word thug to refer to themselves and other black rappers and gangsters. So you're kind of retarded. The word definitely is associated with black people. They brought it on themselves though.

Thugz n bugz 4 lyfe.

Thoughts on this with the recentish unbannings? I really enjoy playing a lot of one of silver bullets in my deck

thoughts on goblins in modern?

Imho its just the media jews pushing the racial angle so vehemently, those race baiting devils

Is mill a legit deck or a memedeck?

Anyone wanna help me with a silly modern deck idea i've got? It involves pest engine, unwinding clock, cryptolith rite, and coat of arms.

one of the better players i know was playing 8whack and did pretty well with it. it can kill on turn 3. i was always 1 turn off from getting living end

Sounds way too janky, Johnny. Try to keep your combos low on how many cards they need to work. Memnite and Ornithopter are auto includes in what you're trying to do, though. If you feel like you can shit out dudes fast enough, Door to Nothingness would be hilarious with Cryptolith Rite; though I feel like you'll lose before you even cast it and a Tooth and Nail would be much better.

I'm going to also include etherium sculptor, to make the whole mess a little more manageable, I just want to make a silly deck where I kill people with huge pests.

Eldrazi taxes is the only "viable" D&T in modern.

I also forgot to mention the playset of darksteel citadel that would be included

Thopter Gifts is a deck. Looks interesting and cheap to build, though a little on the slow side, imo. I'd probably play it if I wasn't already playing Affinity.

>Had to pick a decision between playing Hatebears or Bogles
>Decide to go Bogles
>Find the deck extremely fun and begin assembling the pieces
>Still missing some sideboard pieces and Horizon Canopy
>Waiting excitedly for any new tournament standings for Bogles
>New variants have a 4 Horizon Canopy
>It's not really winning tournaments now

Infect is just faster. Bogles is still a really powerful deck, however, so play it if that's what you like to do.

Just out of curiosity do you get an excessive amount of salt from the people you play against?

I hate Bogles. It's a mediocre deck, but it sure does shit on Affinity.

I used to love Bogles back when I played Tron a lot, though.

It seems affinity is shit on by everything in this current meta.

I've been playing kiki chord for a while and have been loving it

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/24-05-16-XHX-kiki-chord/

Anything I should change or add, any spicy tech I could add in ?

To be fair Affinity has been shit on by everything for a very long time.

Affinity's worst matchup is the sideboard.

just memes, and less fun to play against than combo

It's ok but will get fucked over by any deck that has cards that has a replacement effect for card draw(Dredge etc.)

I know the answer is almost definitely no, but is there any deck that you can reasonably jam mindcrank combo into? I have a ton of the pieces and seems like something fun and dumb to bring to events when I'm not feeling my main jam

This may sound silly, but Bonfire of the Damned is actually pretty reasonable in the "lots of small creatures" matchups, including Company and Chord. You also get tons of salt when you topdeck it for the win.

How to say fuck you to any mana cost over 4 on turn 4(with etherium sculptor)

Ooo that is saucy ill put that in the side

Sundering Titan
Jin Gitaxias

Hasn't stopped it from reaching the finals of GPs.

>>Sundering Titan
Why isn't this played in Tron?

good question, seems bomb as fuck

what are they gonna do? path to exile and lose two more lands?

Better 8 drops. It's good, but you need something that's more impactful in modern. However, I know blue tron plays at least one.

Blue tron plays it. It's really sweet vs. three color decks. Add Academy Ruins for maximum salt.